skills perks training

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Davey_B_Pants #1 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15648 battles

Hi

If I'm grinding a line, let's say German TDs, is the following method efficient?

I have a crew in the Borsig. I have all the tier 4 - 7 TDs in the garage but no crews. I don't have a premium TD. 

Every day I put the Borsig crew in the Marder, Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV etc for the 2/3/5x xp, so that's 10 bonuses for the same crew.

Obviously the crew isn't 100% in any of these other tanks, but is this a viable way to train a crew's skills quicker? I'm guessing probably not and that I've wasted months of game time!?

Laur_Balaur_XD #2 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35898 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

If you retrain the every time you move them this actually diminish your crew xp, if you do that vith silver.

If you do that with gold, it is just stupidly expensive.

If you just move them and do NOT retrain them on those all small tier tanks - yes, this can be a way to gain more xp on that crew from the daily X2/X3/etc...

But in that case the crew suffers a penalty for not being trained on those smaller tanks, and it will perform rather badly in battle. If you are ok with that, there is no problem.

I would suggest you to buy a low tier premium TD - Dicker Max. Or do the personal missions/campaign and get the Stug.4, that tanks act like a premium one, just he does not have the increased credit gain.

Stinger5 #3 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19963 battles
  • [WARW] WARW

View PostDavey_B_Pants, on 31 December 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Hi

If I'm grinding a line, let's say German TDs, is the following method efficient?

I have a crew in the Borsig. I have all the tier 4 - 7 TDs in the garage but no crews. I don't have a premium TD. 

Every day I put the Borsig crew in the Marder, Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV etc for the 2/3/5x xp, so that's 10 bonuses for the same crew.

Obviously the crew isn't 100% in any of these other tanks, but is this a viable way to train a crew's skills quicker? I'm guessing probably not and that I've wasted months of game time!?

Hello Davey thats a good question and I have never done that before as crew skill tumbles, like Lulian suggested it will work but, as you know your crew skills is lower thats the reason I have never done it. With a premium TD however you can put any TD crew in and their skill will be the same and they train crews faster. I am not sure I believe having BIA also raises skill perks faster so if you can bear it without 6th sense for a new crew its worth the gamble. 

Davey_B_Pants #4 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15648 battles

Thanks guys.  I'm not retraining so just suffering the underperformance. I'm on my 4th skill doing it this way although it probably doesn't do my stats any good. Haven't bought the Dicker Max as I like the low Stug type of TD, but just one mission to do before I get the Stug IV :) 

Happy new year!

Laur_Balaur_XD #5 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35898 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostStinger5, on 31 December 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Hello Davey thats a good question and I have never done that before as crew skill tumbles, like Lulian suggested it will work but, as you know your crew skills is lower thats the reason I have never done it. With a premium TD however you can put any TD crew in and their skill will be the same and they train crews faster. I am not sure I believe having BIA also raises skill perks faster so if you can bear it without 6th sense for a new crew its worth the gamble. 

BIA just improves the crew performance in battle (faster reload, better gun handling, extended view range,etc..). It does not  affect the rate of gained xp by the crew, they gain same amount of XP regardless of having/not having BIA. But it is a really good skill and i recommend having it.

Stinger5 #6 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19963 battles
  • [WARW] WARW

View PostDavey_B_Pants, on 31 December 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Thanks guys.  I'm not retraining so just suffering the underperformance. I'm on my 4th skill doing it this way although it probably doesn't do my stats any good. Haven't bought the Dicker Max as I like the low Stug type of TD, but just one mission to do before I get the Stug IV :) 

Happy new year!

You too laddie 

View PostIulian_ro, on 31 December 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

BIA just improves the crew performance in battle (faster reload, better gun handling, extended view range,etc..). It does not  affect the rate of gained xp by the crew, they gain same amount of XP regardless of having/not having BIA. But it is a really good skill and i recommend having it.

Ok thank you for confirming this I think its because of the 131, my 131 Crew has the same amount of perk skills with less battles, as my E50m Crew.  I honestly do remember someone saying it levels up your skills faster,  not a big deal again thanks :) 

Edited by Stinger5, 31 December 2017 - 07:58 PM.

Also tagged with skills perks training

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users