Jump to content


Stun mechanic


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

axelking227 #1 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15918 battles
  • 39
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    02-01-2016
Another arty rant..... Either remove this idiotic cancerous thing called stun mechanic or increase arty reload... And If you won't do either of these remove perks from the game entirely it seems your stunned for 20 secs and by the time the stun of over they have reloaded do you basically spend your entire game with a [edited]50% crew I'm so done with this rubbish give me the god Damm old arty back if this is how you balance arty? This is just a God Damm troll that's what it is 

znapper74 #2 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10681 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-20-2016

Nah, at least on my arty, the stun lasts for max 28 seconds, though 18-20 seconds on average for me, my reload is way longer than that, 35 seconds.

 

Having two arties working you and timing their shots to create a new stun at the end of another stun however.....

 

And some artillery units can probably reload faster than my British wonder. :P



basin79 #3 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 15351 battles
  • 8,702
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
Arty should only stun a tank if it hits the tank directly.

Arty should only stun a tank if it hits the tank directly.
 

mortalsatsuma #4 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13203 battles
  • 1,638
  • Member since:
    06-13-2014
Nah, i like this new stun mechanic. Makes it far easier to grief...I mean prevent camping. 

Jigabachi #5 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,044
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postbasin79, on 01 January 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Arty should only stun a tank if it hits the tank directly.

No, the stun should simply have a lower effect the further away the impact is. If it's far away, it should only cause a malus on movement or something.



wremise #6 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48215 battles
  • 888
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011
and here am I, trying the 350sec stun mission, while half of my targets always use the medkits to heal themself...and someone ask for make the stun even less

axelking227 #7 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15918 battles
  • 39
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    02-01-2016
I just think this whole stun mechanic is God dam bogus just a pathetic choice of negligence from WG once again! So sick and tired of them making a mockery of this game [edited]arty now I so much worse than it was before atleast the missed you before.... Pretty much impossible to dodge arty now even when I'm playing my t100lt you the the [edited]fastest tank yeah.... Stun mechanic completely [edited]all capability of lights such a lazy mechanic to add 

Jigabachi #8 Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,044
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postaxelking227, on 01 January 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

I just think this whole stun mechanic is God dam bogus just a pathetic choice of negligence from WG once again! So sick and tired of them making a mockery of this game [edited]arty now I so much worse than it was before atleast the missed you before.... Pretty much impossible to dodge arty now even when I'm playing my t100lt you the the [edited]fastest tank yeah.... Stun mechanic completely [edited]all capability of lights such a lazy mechanic to add 

I play mostly light tanks and I can now survive multiple hits from arty.

The only problem that I see is when arty happens to be toptier. In general it got MUCH better.



Agent_327 #9 Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16911 battles
  • 439
  • [CAF] CAF
  • Member since:
    09-20-2010
I actually like this stun mechanic. Yes its really annoying to be in the receiving end but still a lot better than to get double or more in damage as it were before. It tells you that you are in a bad spot and that you should move ;)

Balc0ra #10 Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66275 battles
  • 16,283
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Stun is related to reload. As in short reloads have a 5 second stun. If they are in the 40 to 50 second area, they get 20 sec stuns.

 

Tho I suspect more would keep the stun around, then the old arty. Me inc. But then again I don't stick around if I get hit once already to get perma stunned, like I see everyone raging in chat do. Get hit pulls back to behind the corner, and go out 30 seconds later to get hit again vs letting the enemy come to him. But if you would rater get hit for 2200, then for 400 and get stunned for 20 seconds. Then by all means. Put the suggestion forward to WG.


Edited by Balc0ra, 01 January 2018 - 08:38 PM.


gav00 #11 Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7996 battles
  • 513
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013
There is no single arty which can perma-stun. Therefore your'e exaggerating 

MiaMica #12 Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 779 battles
  • 194
  • [WGNET] WGNET
  • Member since:
    05-02-2017

View Postaxelking227, on 01 January 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

Another arty rant..... Either remove this idiotic cancerous thing called stun mechanic or increase arty reload... And If you won't do either of these remove perks from the game entirely it seems your stunned for 20 secs and by the time the stun of over they have reloaded do you basically spend your entire game with a [edited]50% crew I'm so done with this rubbish give me the god Damm old arty back if this is how you balance arty? This is just a God Damm troll that's what it is 

 

Always its the arty....

 



znapper74 #13 Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10681 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-20-2016

Also, never forget that arty used to perma-KILL, often in one shot.

You drive.....and BOOM, dead. :)


Edited by znapper74, 01 January 2018 - 08:48 PM.


Homer_J #14 Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,045
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postaxelking227, on 01 January 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

 it seems your stunned for 20 secs and by the time the stun of over they have reloaded do you basically spend your entire game 

I've never managed anything near my reload time, either in the M53/55 or the Batchat 155 55.  Only the autoloader Frenchie will manage that.

 

And if you are getting hit by arty over and over then maybe you should take the hint and go elsewhere.

 

Was up against some unicum 113 last night.  I did my best to focus him but that guy was like the frikken invisible man.



sgtYester #15 Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54426 battles
  • 1,655
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View PostMiaMica, on 01 January 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

 

Always its the arty....

 

 

oh geeh, i wonder why...

 

maybe cause its  still broken????  hell, it even got worse after the rework,   it now stuns u, detracks u, damages u, AND kils ur crew

 

all with one shell....  safe from the red line..... 

 

but, yeah, coming from a second account skyaids player...


Edited by sgtYester, 02 January 2018 - 07:57 AM.


Toni112007 #16 Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9840 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
I had 8500 damage game with my E75 and arty ruined it, so yes remove spgs please.

Edited by Toni112007, 02 January 2018 - 08:01 AM.


Phobos4321 #17 Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,399
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostsgtYester, on 02 January 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

 

oh geeh, i wonder why...

 

maybe cause its  still broken????  hell, it even got worse after the rework,   it now stuns u, detracks u, damages u, AND kils ur crew

 

all with one shell....  safe from the red line..... 

 

but, yeah, coming from a second account skyaids player...

all worse  than  instant kill you right ...

 

broken? always parroting the same bs ?

what is broken ?

how do you meassure it ?

what the scale for brokenness ?

there is non 

its just a "i dont like it  but it should sound more important"

 

next time you tell us to love your enemy and how bad it is to ruin your enemies game ?

 

View PostToni112007, on 02 January 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

I had 8500 damage game with my E75 and arty ruined it, so yes remove spgs please.

 

having done 8,5k  arty clearly didnt ruined your game or you wouldnt even got so far

Toni112007 #18 Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9840 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostPhobos4321, on 02 January 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

having done 8,5k  arty clearly didnt ruined your game or you wouldnt even got so far

It ruined it because I was left 1vs2 (and would have been 10 kills game instead 8) and would have won if spg didn't kill me.


Edited by Toni112007, 02 January 2018 - 08:24 AM.


Penzijon3r_2017 #19 Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5922 battles
  • 234
  • Member since:
    07-19-2017

View Postaxelking227, on 01 January 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Another arty rant..... Either remove this idiotic cancerous thing called stun mechanic or increase arty reload... And If you won't do either of these remove perks from the game entirely it seems your stunned for 20 secs and by the time the stun of over they have reloaded do you basically spend your entire game with a [edited]50% crew I'm so done with this rubbish give me the god Damm old arty back if this is how you balance arty? This is just a God Damm troll that's what it is 

 

So, you wanna be oneshoted, or twoshoted... realy? 

Phobos4321 #20 Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,399
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostToni112007, on 02 January 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

It ruined it because I was left 1vs2 (and would have been 10 kills game instead 8) and would have won if spg didn't kill me.

 

and still far from a ruined game

 

if it was a different class blowing up your ammorack ending your game would you complain then too ?


Edited by Phobos4321, 02 January 2018 - 09:17 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users