Jump to content


This lenghty gift-opening animation..

gift animation annoying long moms spaghetti

  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #41 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41674 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 January 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

 

Yep I got limited time with kids, work, wife and when you got more than a few boxes to open those few minutes you spend opening those boxes tends to leap away towards 15 mins, 30 mins and so on, not to mention the time you spend scrapping the decorations you don't want. It's a major oversight that there is no open all and scrap all function.

 

Indeed - things could have been better, but this is WG so we really shouldn't be surprised should we?

But, compared to some of the wider problems (in this game & the wider world), this is nothing - a minor inconvenience.


 



Erwin_Von_Braun #42 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41674 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postbrumbarr, on 03 January 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

 

No, but sitting there jsut waiting for 2 mins after every battle isnt fun is it. Its just annoying to be bored for 2 mins when you are playing a game for entertainment.  Imagine the que time for a battle was 2mins every time and you had to click every 10s to stay in the que. How would that be acceptable?

 

I helped a very good friend of mine bury one of their children on the run up to Christmas.

So you will forgive me if I think that this sort of whining is nothing short of pathetic.



SuedKAT #43 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,766
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 January 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

 

Indeed - things could have been better, but this is WG so we really shouldn't be surprised should we?

But, compared to some of the wider problems (in this game & the wider world), this is nothing - a minor inconvenience.


 

 

Nah that's true, but it's also something that don't exactly require much work to have implemented and something a testing crew would have pointed out in an instant.

Erwin_Von_Braun #44 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41674 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 January 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

 

Nah that's true, but it's also something that don't exactly require much work to have implemented and something a testing crew would have pointed out in an instant.

 

You would almost think that the devs don't play their own game...................:hiding:

SuedKAT #45 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,766
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 January 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

You would almost think that the devs don't play their own game...................:hiding:

That we already know ;)



brumbarr #46 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 January 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

 

I helped a very good friend of mine bury one of their children on the run up to Christmas.

So you will forgive me if I think that this sort of whining is nothing short of pathetic.

 

So because something worse exist you cant complain about something less bad?

 

You think people who lost someone also dont get annoyed by little things? Its not like we are saying its the end of the world. Its just annoying and it shouldnt be. 



Homer_J #47 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • 34,160
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 January 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

 

Do you have some place you need to be?

 

Yes, A0 dropping bombs on someone in K1



Erwin_Von_Braun #48 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41674 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postbrumbarr, on 03 January 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

 

So because something worse exist you cant complain about something less bad?

 

You think people who lost someone also dont get annoyed by little things? Its not like we are saying its the end of the world. Its just annoying and it shouldnt be.

 

It's all about context.

When you join the real world, look back at things like this and see how utterly pointless whining like a spoilt child actually is.


 



brumbarr #49 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 January 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

 

It's all about context.

When you join the real world, look back at things like this and see how utterly pointless whining like a spoilt child actually is.


 

 

Exactly, its all about context. We are in the context of a gameforum, designed to have fun and discuss the game. In this context a thing like this is an issue and worth discussing.

 

I wouldnt go to a funeral and complain there how bad my life is because I need to wait 2mins.  CONTEXT!



m1x_angelico #50 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24001 battles
  • 1,246
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

There is a mod to open all boxes as you receive it. If I'm not mistaken, it's in the Aslain's modpack.

 

So, if this bothers you, and WG doesn't care enough to fix this (proly as the holiday seasons are almost over), you can do it manually (click, click, ESC) or use that mod.



Pvt_Duffer #51 Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:37 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16667 battles
  • 3,230
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

Low-tech solution: Buy all your boxes on the eve of the 15th of Jan.

Go out. Visit Family, Do stuff.

Wake up on the 16th,

Login to WoT.

prob solved.

 

probs.

Edit: no funky camo for you though.

 


Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 04 January 2018 - 12:37 AM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #52 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41674 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postbrumbarr, on 03 January 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

 

Exactly, its all about context. We are in the context of a gameforum, designed to have fun and discuss the game. In this context a thing like this is an issue and worth discussing.

 

I wouldnt go to a funeral and complain there how bad my life is because I need to wait 2mins.  CONTEXT!

 

Like I said to the first man, you got somewhere important to be?

2 mins waiting time is NOTHING.

Unless, ofc, you are a whining self-righteous gimboid who thinks the entire game should revolve around what they want.



HeidenSieker #53 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostDerethim, on 01 January 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Am I the only one being annoyed by this? I don't need a tiny tense moment before opening my present. I have 40 of them to open -_-

It's taking ages just clicking and clicking and waiting for it to open.. If I wanted to click so much, I'd play the arty. Same with the decoration-breaking thingy. It's missing a "select-all" and "deselect-all" button.

It just feels so much like a chore and it's not fun, something to consider for the next year, Wargaming.

 

The whole thing's far, far too complicated, and takes ages to go through. I still don't understand that poxy "decporider" thing, despite having watched someone's video about it which runs for NEARLY HALF AN HOUR!!!!

 

FGS, if someone thinks a half-hour video explaining how to use the thing is needed, and even then it's still not clear, then there's something the matter.

 

The thought crossed my mind when I was trying to use it: "It's just not worth the bother; it takes too much time, it's not even fun, and I'd rather be tanking".


Edited by HeidenSieker, 04 January 2018 - 01:59 PM.


HeidenSieker #54 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostBallisticgel, on 01 January 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

Click open box press escape - no animation 

or

click blue present select open box press escape - rinse repeat - no animation

 

FYI

 

The thing is that this only masks the problem, which is extreme over-complexity.

 

The music & the decorations I like - but the box/manipulation system smells horrid.



brumbarr #55 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 04 January 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

 

 

Unless, ofc, you are a whining self-righteous gimboid who thinks the entire game should revolve around what they want.

Well, yes, the whole game should be desinged to what the customer wants and to  make his life easier. 

This clearly does not.

And like I said, if the quetime to enter a battle was 2mins each time and you had to click every 10s to stay in  the que, would that be accaptable for you?



HeidenSieker #56 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 January 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

I helped a very good friend of mine

 

I'm sorry to have to tell you that the sort of comparison you made there is quite disgusting, unnecessary, and unreasonable.

Homer_J #57 Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • 34,160
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 04 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

 

Like I said to the first man, you got somewhere important to be?

And like I said.

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Yes, A0 dropping bombs on someone in K1

 

Quote

2 mins waiting time is NOTHING.

Time is money and 2 mins is about two Euro.  I could buy a decent beer for that.



Erwin_Von_Braun #58 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41674 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postbrumbarr, on 04 January 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Well, yes, the whole game should be desinged to what the customer wants and to  make his life easier.

This clearly does not.

And like I said, if the quetime to enter a battle was 2mins each time and you had to click every 10s to stay in  the que, would that be accaptable for you?

 

10 mins to get in a game is not the same at all - a days worth of boxes (approx. 40+) took MAYBE 3-4 mins.

I could have saved myself a tonne of time by opening them all at once - if only I had somewhere to be...


 

Just out of curiosity, how many different answers do you think WG would get if they asked the 'customers' what they want?



Erwin_Von_Braun #59 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:44 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41674 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostHeidenSieker, on 04 January 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

 

I'm sorry to have to tell you that the sort of comparison you made there is quite disgusting, unnecessary, and unreasonable.

 

Excuse me?

The point I was making is that whining about spending too much time opening boxes is pretty pathetic in comparison to what most people have to deal with in their daily lives.


 



brumbarr #60 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 04 January 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

 

Just out of curiosity, how many different answers do you think WG would get if they asked the 'customers' what they want?

If you ak them if a an option to open all boxes should be implemented, I cant think of anyone saying no.







Also tagged with gift, animation, annoying, long, moms spaghetti

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users