Growing (anecdotal) evidence that win rate is fixed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

NoPoet406 #1 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2408 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Hi all. Been having a weird today, triumphant wins followed by utter disasters, including the only game I've ever played where no damage was done, no kills were scored, no xp and credits were given -- and the enemy team captured.

My win rate seems to be permanently stuck around 46.6-46.7%. It doesn't matter what tank I'm using, what equipment/modules I use, what consumables I've applied. These things do drastically affect the performance of my tank, but I am still experiencing ridiculous losses, ridiculous misses, as if the enemy team has employed an Eldar Farseer to cast Doom on all my attacks. I just missed six fully aimed shots in a row with my Cromwell B from a relatively short distance, only clipping a track and doing no damage, while an enemy I couldn't see spotted me and killed me with three direct hits, no misses. I've been getting two-shotted in my AT2 ever since the nerf, especially during games where I start dealing high or crippling damage.

It's like the game is actively punishing me for doing well. I had a 1200 damage game in my Excelsior earlier - still a defeat. I had a game where a French arty, the Lefh, with 700 WN8, threw the game by suddenly abandoning his position to cross a quarter of the map and try to take out one of the last enemy tanks. That enemy had 2002 WN8 and in the time it took our Lefh to reach him, he'd killed two of our team-mates who were keeping him pinned, which meant our arty was on his own. He took two direct shots and missed both, before being one-shotted in return. The Lefh, being French and therefore dominant in today's games, had 3 kills. So he abandoned an easy 4th kill, abandoned a win, abandoned two team mates, in favour of utter madness that was never going to work.

I think this game is somehow being manipulated. I'm not sure how and I'm not sure why. I KNOW I'm not the best player, but I have marks on two tanks, my WN8 is still rising, so I'm not terrible and am in fact improving gradually. But my win rate is not improving - it's taken dives and crests, and ends up going nowhere.

Ziurawka #2 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21075 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

Regarding missed Cromwell shots - it's not a sniper by any means, it has really crappy gun handling and is all in all a rather difficult machine. 

AT 2 armor is not relevant anymore unless you hit top tier jackpot - which doesn't usually happen. If you don't spectacularly enjoy it, sell it.

The game is currently manipulated by Christmas and all the vacation people are having. The queue hits ~1000k players constantly, in any other time of year it's about ~250. 

Which means there are 750 players who are totally casual and will be clueless about what's going on, all it takes is few better players with XVM to completely dominate a match. 

If you don't like the rollercoaster play warships till the end of this week.

Good luck.

Strappster #3 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I've been firmly prodding buttock and having a blast all day. This is completely unconnected to all my battles so far being in tier III with my new Locust using a full gold load. It is what you make it and if I crash out early, I'm playing another tier III buzz-bomb until my Locust is back.

You're not the first player to claim the game is manipulated and I doubt you'll be the last. Nothing anyone can say to you will make you think otherwise because we're all keen to hang on to whatever win rate we've got that's better than yours and don't want our win rates to be affected by commenting ... but use Occam's Razor - what do you think is more likely? That the game is being rigged for 29 other players in every one of your battles to ensure you lose or that you're doing something wrong?

If you take nothing else from this post then take this - your game will only improve when you're able to look at it dispassionately and seek improvement, whether through watching streamers or videos or uploading some replays and asking people what you could do better.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7469 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Yeah, totally fixed man. :rolleyes:

Like... a couple of days ago I had 72% solo WR for a session, and today I had only 45% WR session if even that much.

Me playing mostly like a potato today means nothing either, totally WG's fault I lost all those matches!

At least that 2.3k dmg bottomtier VKP loss on stalingrad wasn't my fault.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #5 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9508 battles
post replay we will tell you if its your fault....

HugSeal #6 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostNoPoet406, on 01 January 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

My win rate seems to be permanently stuck around 46.6-46.7

I just missed six fully aimed shots in a row with my Cromwell B from a relatively short distance, only clipping a track and doing no damage, 

Have you considered that your winrate is reflecting your skill and that is why it seems fixed? Wild idea, if you play better you win more. 

Also, this is getting old but. Where is the Cromwell replay? 

Spurtung #7 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61583 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Worst players know everything that's wrong with the game, it's like...

HagmanCM #8 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2069 battles

View PostZiurawka, on 01 January 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

Regarding missed Cromwell shots - it's not a sniper by any means, it has really crappy gun handling and is all in all a rather difficult machine. 

AT 2 armor is not relevant anymore unless you hit top tier jackpot - which doesn't usually happen. If you don't spectacularly enjoy it, sell it.

The game is currently manipulated by Christmas and all the vacation people are having. The queue hits ~1000k players constantly, in any other time of year it's about ~250. 

Which means there are 750 players who are totally casual and will be clueless about what's going on, all it takes is few better players with XVM to completely dominate a match. 

If you don't like the rollercoaster play warships till the end of this week.

Good luck.

This would be a great idea if WoW wasn't so deathly dull. It's like playing while heavily dosed up on tranquillisers. It is only marginally more exciting than Dreadnought, possibly currently the most tedious online game.

View PostSpurtung, on 01 January 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Worst players know everything that's wrong with the game, it's like...

I'm new but I notice you post quite a lot. Is any of it ever useful?

Jigabachi #9 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Simple advice: If you are a new player and notice that you struggle at a certain tier - fall back to a lower tier until you are more experienced.

Talking about rigging when you are entirely new to the game is beyond stupid.

Edited by Jigabachi, 01 January 2018 - 07:07 PM.

Spurtung #10 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61583 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHagmanCM, on 01 January 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

About 50% is, the rest is just me not being able to cope with human stupidity and lashing out with sarcasm.

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20515 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHagmanCM, on 01 January 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Well at least he knows that more often than not your contribution is what causes you to win more unless you get a bot team that does everything in their power to give the enemy team a win.

View PostNoPoet406, on 01 January 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

My win rate seems to be permanently stuck around 46.6-46.7%. It doesn't matter what tank I'm using, what equipment/modules I use, what consumables I've applied.

You rushed tiers and you don't even do half your hitpoints in damage in most of your tanks and you are surprised you don't win? If you can't even get positive results in any of your tanks then it's not the tank, it's the guy on the chair.

Nazgarth #12 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-
Anecdotal evidence? Meaning no evidence, at all.

NoPoet406 #13 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2408 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Anecdotal evidence just means from your own experience, or experiences related to you by others.

I'll look into getting some replays posted up in the next few days, as I'm interested in beating my own "skill barrier". My fears that the game is somehow rigged mainly come about because of one day being nothing but storming victories, the next being nothing but disasters, with occasional mixed days like today. Please note that I am not saying that I am a perfect player, far from it, it would just be nice for there to be some kind of consistency to the games. I do over 1000 damage in one game, zero the next, 300 after that. Some games you simply cannot hit or pen, another game you can't miss. The Cromwell B example I posted earlier was against a moderately sized, stationary target (a T-34-85M I believe).

I've also ordered a new gaming mouse, a SteelSeries Sensei 310, as I've been using a crap one for the last month since my Razer Naga (?) died. The one I'm using at the moment is so lacking in precision that I can't even attempt shots that the Razer would have had no problems with.

EDIT: Right, it appears that viewing replays is ridiculously easy, but I don't know how to upload it onto the forum? I fire something like 5 shots at the enemy, with only a single, non-damage track hit. One shot almost appears to clip through the enemy tank. It is pretty clear that I got myself killed in this one, distracted by my own disbelief. There's even a little [edited]fit at the end as a Brucie bonus. Please don't think less of me :hiding:

Edited by NoPoet406, 01 January 2018 - 07:44 PM.

brumbarr #14 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostNoPoet406, on 01 January 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Anecdotal evidence just means from your own experience, or experiences related to you by others.

I'll look into getting some replays posted up in the next few days, as I'm interested in beating my own "skill barrier". My fears that the game is somehow rigged mainly come about because of one day being nothing but storming victories, the next being nothing but disasters, with occasional mixed days like today. Please note that I am not saying that I am a perfect player, far from it, it would just be nice for there to be some kind of consistency to the games. I do over 1000 damage in one game, zero the next, 300 after that. Some games you simply cannot hit or pen, another game you can't miss. The Cromwell B example I posted earlier was against a moderately sized, stationary target (a T-34-85M I believe).

I've also ordered a new gaming mouse, a SteelSeries Sensei 310, as I've been using a crap one for the last month since my Razer Naga (?) died. The one I'm using at the moment is so lacking in precision that I can't even attempt shots that the Razer would have had no problems with.

So if I play on your account  I will get 47% wr?

Nazgarth #15 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View PostNoPoet406, on 01 January 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

I know full well what anecdotal evidence is, its what people who don't actually have evidence for the wild things they claim use to "back up" said wild claims.

You won't beat your own skill barrier if you delude yourself into thinking its rigged against you because ???

Long_Range_Sniper #16 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 30555 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNoPoet406, on 01 January 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

I think this game is somehow being manipulated. I'm not sure how and I'm not sure why. I KNOW I'm not the best player, but I have marks on two tanks, my WN8 is still rising, so I'm not terrible and am in fact improving gradually. But my win rate is not improving - it's taken dives and crests, and ends up going nowhere.

One of the other forumite asked for a replay to see if we could help, so I had a look on WoTreplays and someone recently uploaded a game where you were on the enemy team. You're in the Cromwell on Airfield, did one shot of damage and the team lost.

http://wotreplays.eu...eld-limerx-is-2

This screenshot may help.

VKeOv0G.jpg

Firstly why did you go to the bush at B4? When the enemy have a FV 304? Once spotted you couldn't move from cover and you'd be toast there in a Crommie.

Then once the enemy heavies had taken up their usual spot you broke cover and went into the open to get a shot on them. Exposing yourself totally with no cover. It was a very risky move and you got one shot in, and managed to get back into the rock. But now the enemy know you're there.

So you do the same again, and pop out and the IS manages to bounce you. I bet he was raging. One lesson is that if you do a manoeuvre once, don't do it twice as the enemy will be waiting. Do something different. You were lucky twice.

But then you try and pop from the rock a third time and bang, he nails you. So what do you do?

Pop out from the same side of the rock again, and no surprise he finishes you off.

Feedback on this game to improve your winrate.

• Maybe work the G line or rush to the balcony at E5 where you're either arty safe, or you can move around
  • Don't play the Cromwell as a scout on that map and expect to hide in a bush and not be spotted
  • Don't come out in the open to take a shot when you could easily be tracked and have no cover.
  • Don't do the same manouver twice
  • If you get shot peeking from a rock, don't do it again as the enemy are already on aim. At least peek the other side of the rock.

You took your tank to the wrong spot on the map and played it poorly in a game where you could have made it work a lot better.

To show you a comparison, this is an Ace tanker game in a Cromwell on the same map from the same spawn as you. I found it after I wrote the feedback above, and I wasn't surprised to see him rush to the balcony.

http://wotreplays.eu...lazs26-cromwell

Stat_Padder #17 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38852 battles
Another 40% player, another moan... good start to 2018 :child: 

NoPoet406 #18 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2408 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

That's not the battle, let me come back to that later tonight or tomorrow when I've got time, as even from that screenshot I can see a monumental eff-up on my part.

How do I upload my replay? I've found it on my computer.

Jigabachi #19 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoPoet406, on 01 January 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

How do I upload my replay? I've found it on my computer.

www.wotreplays.com

NoPoet406 #20 Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2408 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Thanks Jigabachi! Right, here we go:

http://wotreplays.eu...t406-cromwell_b

Video description:

I'm trying to get feedback to improve my performance and win rate, since my win rate in particular has stagnated around 46.7%.

No doubt there's a great deal of tardery on my own part, and in this battle I got myself blown up, distracted by awe at my own misses.

Please make criticism constructive, I am genuinely trying to improve.

Edited by NoPoet406, 01 January 2018 - 07:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users