• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Captain_Kremen0 #1 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37474 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Which ones are NOT worth it?

Plus -I just learnt that if you have 100 % on an undecided skill/perk you LOSE it if you move your crew from 1 class to another

PS - to anyone thinking of saying I should have known choose youre own version of a rude reply

Homer_J #2 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 01 January 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

Plus -I just learnt that if you have 100 % on an undecided skill/perk you LOSE it if you move your crew from 1 class to another

You don't lose anything.  The exp is used to bring the major qualification back to 100%.  So you will start increasing the skills pool straight away instead of waiting for the major qualification to get back to 100%.

Captain_Kremen0 #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37474 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostHomer_J, on 01 January 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

You don't lose anything.  The exp is used to bring the major qualification back to 100%.  So you will start increasing the skills pool straight away instead of waiting for the major qualification to get back to 100%.

OK. it was my VK..D on their 3rd S/P and crew at 110 or so. As you can tel im no geius at this:hiding:

not a whine thread  more the which skills

Edited by Captain_Kremen0, 02 January 2018 - 12:18 AM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 01 January 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

more the which skills

That would be subject to opinion but for me....

Controlled Impact

Signal boosting

Relaying

Eagle Eye

Deadeye

Designated target

Call for vengeance

Intuition

Are completely useless.

thiextar #5 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15416 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 02 January 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

Controlled Impact

Signal boosting

Relaying

Eagle Eye

Deadeye

Designated target

Call for vengeance

Intuition

Are completely useless.

Just gonna quickly quote this to clarify: These are the BAD skills ;)

Uebergewicht #6 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles

Controlled impact can be fun on some dedicated ramming tanks, but it´s certainly worse than other, more generally useful skills.

Eagly eye has limited use, but might okay as a late addition for something that shoots fast, or even an autoloader, to blow up certain modules.

Deadeye seems like an okay perk to me. Though I´m not sure how high the benefit is.

Intuition is okay if you run out of loader skills. But I agree it´s not really needed if you watch your ammo just a bit.

No objections to the others.

Homer_J #7 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUebergewicht, on 01 January 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Intuition is okay if you run out of loader skills.

But are you going to take the gamble of having a full reload time, or will you just shoot whatever you have loaded?

Not sure what a dedicated ramming tank is but I'm sure off road driving and clutch braking would be more use even if there was such a thing.

Deadeye doesn't increase the chance enough IMO.  Who cares if it's 30% or 33%.  Needs to be more before I will use it.  And Eagle eye, I'm going to aim where I can do damage regardless, besides module locations are secret.

There's quite a lot more I consider pretty useless, like Armourer (have repair kit, will use it) but those are what in my opinion could just be deleted from the game and nobody would be any worse off.

Edited by Homer_J, 02 January 2018 - 01:03 AM.

Uebergewicht #8 Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles

Block Quote

But are you going to take the gamble of having a full reload time, or will you just shoot whatever you have loaded?

If you have a target right in front of you? Shoot, obviously. If you´re anticipatign a certain target around the corner or so you might want to switch ammo, but as I said, the effect of this perk can be achieved if you think a bit in advance. Though I´d say it is slightly above the uselessness of somethign like "Relaying".

Block Quote

Not sure what a dedicated ramming tank is but I'm sure off road driving and clutch braking would be more use even if there was such a thing.

That´s exactly what I wrote. It´s certainly worse then the more generally useful perks, but I´d say its a decent late addition for tanks such as the E-50, the KV-5 or the WZ-132-1.

Block Quote

Deadeye doesn't increase the chance enough IMO.  Who cares if it's 30% or 33%. Needs to be more before I will use it.

It´s not great, but better than nothing. Again, worse than other gunenr skills, but not completely uselss. But I certainly don´t disagree it could use a buff (the entire crew skill system should be reworked imo).

Block Quote

And Eagle eye, I'm going to aim where I can do damage regardless, besides module locations are secret.

Good point. You´d have to be really knowledgeable about module locations to make that work. It could give you a slight edge if you knew, for example, that an enemy´s ammo rack is damaged or his turret jammed, so you can move in and take him out. Again extremely situational, but just above completely useless.

Note that I´m not saying these skills are great, or that I would recommend any of those. Just saying they may have some uses, even though these ought to be extremely limited. And if these skills would not exists, they would probably not really be missed, I can agree to that too. The entire skill system is long overdue for a rework, and I´d say that would be much more important than the new camo system or adding yet more Soviet tank lines as WG is doing for 2018. Current system is just "grind the few usefull skills" and that´s it. No choice, no diversity, and half of the things you can select suck balls, while a few select one give such a big advantage that you gimp yourself when you don´t have them (like camo on light tanks, or sixth sense in general). Poor design, but no change in sight :/

Balc0ra #9 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66525 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Controlled Impact

Signal boosting

Relaying

Eagle Eye

Deadeye

Designated target

Call for vengeance

Intuition

Are completely useless.

In general as early skills. Sure. But some have their uses still. Signal Boosting is only something I have on low tiers, as poor radio range is more common there. T28 F30 to name one. As late game with only 2-3 left on your team, going wide will make them drop out and not give you any intel on what they spot, or if arty left in base sees something coming to cap when you push around etc. Eagle Eye is something I only have on high tier clip guns. Like the T69, 50 100, BC 25t AP etc. Why? Simply because I would like to know how long I can trade for. As in if they have a dead loader etc or not. So I know if I have time for 2 rounds or more before I pull back. Dead eye I have on a few tanks actually. Even if the added % is to low for my liking. I still do better with regards to module damage missions in those, vs those that don't have it. As most were added for MT-12 alone. Before PM I never used it. Controlled impact I have on the likes of the Type 4 etc. Or large slow heavy targets. Not to ram anything, but for being rammed. As it works great with a spall liner. As then just traversing into a light trying to turn and go around you has been enough to take it out if he is on low HP.

Intuition I only have on the 183. It's not worked that much, but it's a 4th skill. Not an early pick. Same with Relaying, it's a 4th skill on the T29, and the only one that has it. Call for Vengeance I've never used. Designate target is a 5th skill on some of my lights. And are just picked because there is nothing better tbh. As even repair came before it.

Sircapalot #10 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40925 battles

Most useless skill is deadeye on artillery. (Does not work with HE)

After arty changes they did not remove it as an option for arty crewmembers.

If you had it on one allready its gonna cost you for retraining the skill to one that will actually do something.

I don't know if intuition is still working on arty...???

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51932 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

comphrensive review of all perks =

http://forum.worldof...o-skills-perks/

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23006 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 01 January 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

Which ones are NOT worth it?

PS - to anyone thinking of saying I should have known choose youre own version of a rude reply

Which ones are NOT worth it... well as you, this is really class orientated and even at that, can be down to specific tanks. You could say something very important like camo or repairs is not worth tbh and that would sound outrageous for such valuable skills but if you have a gigantic superheavy then in terms of worth, camo isn't really worth much at all is it? Same for repairs if you are low tier and in a paper tank that gets killed in 1-2 shots, what worth is repair to that tank then? not much lol. But I know what you mean so we will just go with the skills and perks that, regardless of tank, class, tier, size, speed etc, will really be of little worth.

Eagle eye - shows critically damaged modules BUT does requires 4 seconds of continuous targeting of that target... meh...

Mentor - Worth it instead of something else? On a crew training tank this will give a little 10% boost to xp BUT vs something else like increased view range or camo or repairs(6th sense is a gimme) I would argue that the increased view range from Recon or Situ or the better concealment of camo would actually improve your results more than 10% per battle via dmg assist and so you would gain more xp from seing further and being spotted less than you would from a small xp boost perk. Not saying it's useless, just wouldn't say it's worth it until much later.

Call for Vengeance - Only works when your dead, only for 2 seconds extra target exposure AND your radio operator needs to have survived. Pretty unhelpful combination tbh and I would put worth value on skills/perks that improve my chances of surviving rather than something that works when I'm dead... that said, it might be worth sticking on an arty since many skills and perks are of little use to an arty as I've discovered but that's another topic so won't expand on that.

Relaying - 10% to all allies radio range... wahahahaa!!! Could this be the MOST useless?

Deadeye - Increases the chances of a critical hit, not a bad thing right? well if it's only by 3% then yes it is... shmeh to that.

Intuition - basically a 17% of changing ammo type during the loading phase without any the penalty of having to start the loading all over again... worth? not really, it's a loaders perk of course and even though the loader has very few options, this is certainly of more worth than camo, repairs, safe stowage, BIA even fire fighting. Personally I always felt the loader should have the preventative maintenance skill instead of the driver just to spread some of the more useful skills and perks out. Some crew get stacked with lots of really useful skills and perks while some have hardly anything outside of the common skills and perks. 

All the other skills and perks are certainly worth it depending on the tank. Controlled impact not worth it? 32.5 tons moving at 65kph, do I want an additional 15% of dmg on that while having 15% less dmg to me? usually resulting in not being tracked? If you want the most EPIC of epic kills. Tier9 medium at full tilt and Controlled Impact vs an tierX certain top player I wont mention, y'all can put that on your stream channel buddy wahaha!!

Spoiler

Homer_J #13 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 January 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

4th skill

When you have 60k battles you can talk about 4th skill.  For most of us that's something we can look forward to in ten years time.  And by then you are just using the exp because it has no other use.  Heck, by the 4th skill I will be using firefighting, and even that will be more use than controlled impact.

Bad_Mojo_incoming #14 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20406 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

Controlled Impact

Signal boosting

Relaying

Eagle Eye

Deadeye

Designated target

Call for vengeance

Intuition

Are completely useless.

Controlled impact isn't useless, but has very few adaptable vehicles. E50, E50M, Amx 50B and KV5 (anything heavy and fast) can make good use of it, but it's pointless on other vehicles.

Designated Target is an okay skill for scouts.

Eagle eye can help with close quarters, when you see that the enemy tank has a damaged ammo rack, but there are better skills.

The rest is pretty much useless indeed.

Edited by Bad_Mojo_incoming, 02 January 2018 - 03:20 PM.

Homer_J #15 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBad_Mojo_incoming, on 02 January 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Controlled impact isn't useless, but has very few adaptable vehicles. E50, E50M, Amx 50B and KV5 (anything heavy and fast) can make good use of it,

But you are only making use of it if you ram.

arthurwellsley #16 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51932 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostBad_Mojo_incoming, on 02 January 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Controlled impact isn't useless, but has very few adaptable vehicles. E50, E50M, Amx 50B and KV5 (anything heavy and fast) can make good use of it, but it's pointless on other vehicles.

Designated Target is an okay skill for scouts.

Eagle eye can help with close quarters, when you see that the enemy tank has a damaged ammo rack, but there are better skills.

The rest is pretty much useless indeed.

If you play alot of tier VI strongholds the teams that do well are highly mobile with light tanks and Cromwells. It is therefore worth having Controlled Impact on the crew of either a Cromwell, or a crew you put in your CromwellB for those tier VI only matches when you know that there is a high probability you will get the oppurtunity to smash into a light tank. Never gets old.

Also Deadeye is good on vehicles with a high rate of fire, or autoloaders. On a vehicle that is going to churn out alot of shells each match means that 3% is more effective when you fire 30 shots, compared to a vehicle that fires 15.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 02 January 2018 - 03:33 PM.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23006 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 02 January 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

But you are only making use of it if you ram.

And you only make use of fire fighting when you're on fire, you only make use of repairs when you need to repair. Depends on the tank but if it's a big mobile unit it's certainly a nice skill to have but it does take for a player to make use of this and adjust they're playstyle to utilize it to it's full potential. Vs lower tiers and lighter tanks, controlled impact is very useful for blowing through the back lines of open top TDs, arty and cornered light tanks, you just have to get used to the fact that this is something you should do when you are playing and not just stop and exchange shots so like I said, you need to adjust playstyle a little bit and identify when it's a good thing to carry that full speed on into the poor sap who's gonna get mashed.

How many times have you shot and rammed a TD or something ONLY for that enemy tank to survive by something annoying like 100 hp or whatever and live on to get in a shot on you needlessly or actually kill you? In the same situation with controlled impact that target dies and you don't, simple as. Equally, on the flip side of that, if you've rammed several tanks, all that less damage you're not taking accumulates over the course of a battle and you have more hp come the end of the battle if you need it which is often the winning of a battle, being able to eat one more shot than the other guy lol. All depends on the tank, wasted on many, not on some, IS3, T-10, IS7, French heavies, you know, mobile heavies... you're gonna be ramming or sometimes forced into a face hug anyway so why not both knock extra hp off the other guy and keep extra hp yourself

Homer_J #18 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

And you only make use of fire fighting when you're on fire, you only make use of repairs when you need to repair.

I don't train firefighting but having to repair tracks while your repair kit is on cooldown can happen several times a battle.

What happens with ramming is your target evades you or you get tracked and destroyed while trying.  It's just not something that's useful even every 100th battle.  Quite possibly the most frustrating missions are the ramming ones because you are basically waiting for some idiot to run into you by accident.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users