Jump to content


Gun sight drifting downwards

gun sight drift

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kirunaabbe #1 Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:24 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23770 battles
  • 9
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

Hi!

I have a problem with my sight.

In some games, especially with Swedish TDs, the gun sight is not stable. It starts drifting downwards when I try to aim.

I would say it "falls" 1-2 pixels down and also 1-2 pixels left every second. This makes sniping long range almost impossible.

This does not occur in each game, but too often to affect gameplay negatively.

Anyone else having similar problems?

 

I should state that I just installed on a new laptop (Lenovo P51) and run the HD version on it.

Cheers,

/ Matt

 

EDIT:

 

Just realised that it happens after I have been in game-chat.

 

/ M

 

EDIT:

 

No... the in-game chat is not the cause...

 


Edited by Kirunaabbe, 02 January 2018 - 12:41 PM.


Red_Dragon_Firkraag #2 Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15388 battles
  • 1,682
  • Member since:
    08-13-2011
https://support.leno...utions/ht037198

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 02 January 2018 - 10:29 AM.


Aikl #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25547 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Does this happen independent of which pointing device you use? Try playing with only the mouse or the touchpad (disable the other somehow). Ideally disable the touchpad in the BIOS or in the device manager; just in case.

I guess you'd notice in Windows as well, but you know... 'PEBKAC'.

 

(While the above-mentioned solution seems to be correct, you should probably disable integrated pointing devices in the BIOS - if the usual shortcut does nothing to the 'calibration'.)


Edited by Aikl, 02 January 2018 - 10:33 AM.


qpranger #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32438 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

Gun sight drifting downwards?

Well, OP, that's married life for you.



Kirunaabbe #5 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23770 battles
  • 9
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

View Postqpranger, on 02 January 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Gun sight drifting downwards?

Well, OP, that's married life for you.

Jeeez... you had to mention that too...

X-)



hson_hson #6 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6487 battles
  • 154
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014

View PostKirunaabbe, on 02 January 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Hi!

I have a problem with my sight.

In some games, especially with Swedish TDs, the gun sight is not stable. It starts drifting downwards when I try to aim.

I would say it "falls" 1-2 pixels down and also 1-2 pixels left every second. This makes sniping long range almost impossible.

This does not occur in each game, but too often to affect gameplay negatively.

Anyone else having similar problems?

 

I should state that I just installed on a new laptop (Lenovo P51) and run the HD version on it.

 

 

Yup, I had the exact same problem on my P50 and the only solution is to disable both trackpad and trackpoint in BIOS

Kirunaabbe #7 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23770 battles
  • 9
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

View PostAikl, on 02 January 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Does this happen independent of which pointing device you use? Try playing with only the mouse or the touchpad (disable the other somehow). Ideally disable the touchpad in the BIOS or in the device manager; just in case.

I guess you'd notice in Windows as well, but you know... 'PEBKAC'.

 

(While the above-mentioned solution seems to be correct, you should probably disable integrated pointing devices in the BIOS - if the usual shortcut does nothing to the 'calibration'.)

 

Well... it's not the mouse per se...

It's the gun sight... or really, the complete window that drifts. In other programs there is no drift. Only WoT.

 

SOLUTION!!!

I found a solution. If I go in and out of the program the drift stops.

Just ALT+TAB and then back again.

 



hson_hson #8 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6487 battles
  • 154
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014

View PostKirunaabbe, on 02 January 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

 

Well... it's not the mouse per se...

It's the gun sight... or really, the complete window that drifts. In other programs there is no drift. Only WoT.

 

SOLUTION!!!

I found a solution. If I go in and out of the program the drift stops.

Just ALT+TAB and then back again.

 

 

Yes it works for a minute or two, but next battle you will have the same problem again.

 



malachi6 #9 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49897 battles
  • 3,455
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
You must sit in one spot not moving your gun for quite a time to notice this?

Kirunaabbe #10 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23770 battles
  • 9
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

View Postmalachi6, on 02 January 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

You must sit in one spot not moving your gun for quite a time to notice this?

 

Hmmm... I think it's directly. I'll check.

I notice when I go into sniper mode, but it is visible even when I go to birds-view.

Sniping is really difficult when the sight "drops" continiously... 

 



hson_hson #11 Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6487 battles
  • 154
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014

View Postmalachi6, on 02 January 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

You must sit in one spot not moving your gun for quite a time to notice this?

 

For me it usually started 1-2 min into a battle (never happened in garage) and at first it's just 1-2 pixels per second, but unless I "fixed it" (i.e Alt-Tab) it got worse and worse.

So yes, at first you have to be still to notice it although when I first noticed it, it was more me noticing that I had a hard time aiming at weak spots.

 

I tested in a training room and after 15min it was actually so bad that it would drop one tank height per second from 50m distance.

And it's not actually the aim as it's the camera, i.e when you die and you just sit and look at your wreck it continues so after a while you are basically looking down to the ground unless you adjust manually







Also tagged with gun, sight, drift

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users