Some old screenshots from a knock off game

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SpartanmarkV #1 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8296 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

Around 2 years ago i played this one Knock off game called "Ground war tanks" (Note I couldnt play WoT because of bad PC)

here are 2 screenshots i found about MM

Spoiler
Spoiler

Balc0ra #2 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66593 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

There was this other game on Facebook that got sued by WG "2013". It was claimed to be a  knockoff of WOT. Even had the E-50M That is a WG owned Patent actually. That was called Project tank. It was shutdown rather fast after it. Even to they denied copying WOT on anything. Tho their garage was even 80% the same visually. Just that the dog house had been removed for those that remember that to name one. And their battle UI was a bit different, but with some WG's assets that was proven to be used. Their FB page was shutdown and the game kicked off FB after the trial.

Did a quick google on it. And their old web page is still up with the project tanks address. But now it has a Ground war tanks banner on it. So I suspect they did some tweaks to make it "legal". So it's the same game by the same people, but with a client for PC vs via FB now. If it's still up? No idea, as their forum seems to be dead, as most front page stuff is from 2016 and early 2017.

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 January 2018 - 05:16 PM.

SpartanmarkV #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8296 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 January 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

There was this other game on Facebook that got sued by WG "2013". It was claimed to be a  knockoff of WOT. Even had the E-50M That is a WG owned Patent actually. That was called Project tank. It was shutdown rather fast after it. Even to they denied copying WOT on anything. Tho their garage was even 80% the same visually. Just that the dog house had been removed for those that remember that to name one. And their battle UI was a bit different, but with some WG's assets that was proven to be used. Their FB page was shutdown and the game kicked off FB after the trial.

Did a quick google on it. And their old web page is still up with the project tanks address. But now it has a Ground war tanks banner on it. So I suspect they did some tweaks to make it "legal". So it's the same game by the same people, but with a client for PC vs via FB now. If it's still up? No idea, as their forum seems to be dead, as most front page stuff is from 2016 and early 2017.

Yea GWT is basically Project Tank only with a different name

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15448 battles

Project Tank a.k.a. Tanks: Ground War a.k.a. Ground War: Tanks was a WoT copy and the publisher (Mail.ru) got sued.

That's why they now have Armored Warfare. Wargaming.net can't sue them because they use modern tanks.

SpartanmarkV #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8296 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostRed_Dragon_Firkraag, on 02 January 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Project Tank a.k.a. Tanks: Ground War a.k.a. Ground War: Tanks was a WoT copy and the publisher (Mail.ru) got sued.

That's why they now have Armored Warfare. Wargaming.net can't sue them because they use modern tanks.

I mean if you can speak and read RUssian you can still play Ground war tanks

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15448 battles

View PostSpartanmarkV, on 03 January 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

I mean if you can speak and read RUssian you can still play Ground war tanks

Sure, but only in Russia because Wargaming.net (being a belorussian company, not russian!) has no legal hold there. Mail.ru is too mighty.

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 03 January 2018 - 09:10 PM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66593 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRed_Dragon_Firkraag, on 02 January 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

That they used WWII tanks was not why they got sued. They used modified WG assets without permission. AW used Cryengine assets to make their alpha game early on. Even if they made a WWII game, nothing WG could have done. It's like Player unknown wanting to sue everyone making a battleroyale game, since he thinks he came up with the concept. Even tho he helped make one of them before he made his own game standalone.

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #8 Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15448 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 January 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

That they used WWII tanks was not why they got sued. 

I said "was a WoT copy". Of couse this includes WoT assets. They could have avoided getting sued if they used their own models and system as Gaijin (War Thunder) does. They (AW) chose modern tanks to avoid getting sued for similarity at all (which is, if they used their own assets, not really necessary). Back then, the tiering, garage and research system was also patented. This is why AW differs sufficiently from that kind of patent and which is why any game that copies WoT's system is still an actual infringement because the patent appears to be valid still. PT/GW:T/T:GW used the exact same methods WoT did.

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 04 January 2018 - 02:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users