super Pershing playstyle similar tanks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Havoc7926 #1 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

I recently got the T26E4 Super Pershing despite a lot of people on the 'net claiming it's bad.  Now I've only played 23 games in it but at the moment it's turned out to be one of my better tanks.  I've thrown my T69 crew in there which were new when I unlocked the T69 so they are only just passing 100% on the first perk.

Now this might just be too small of a sample size to draw any sort of conclusion or it might be that the enforced play style of a slow tank is helping me play the game a little better.  I'm not able to rush in like I can in the Russian mediums and get into trouble quickly.  I'm forced to play on ridge lines rather than brawling.  etc, etc.  The gun isn't bad and whilst I will shoot premium ammo against the most heavily armoured opponents I tend not to use much as it was bought as a credit earner.

So I was wondering.  What other tanks out there have a similar play style and/or set up to the T26E4?  I did unlock the Easy 8 ages ago when the tech tree was different but my performance in it is terrible.  Is it worth going back to that or even (shudder) the M3 Lee to unlock the M4 and going up the traditional USA medium line?  Is there anything in other nations tech trees that plays the same?

qpranger #2 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30722 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Glad that you like it.

Anyone wanna buy mine?

Havoc7926 #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

View Postqpranger, on 02 January 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Glad that you like it.

Anyone wanna buy mine?

Fingers crossed for you that the trade in happens again soon.  Although what you would trade it in for is another question.

somegras #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 46172 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I guess the T29 and the T32 play rather similair?

Havoc7926 #5 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

View Postsomegras, on 02 January 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

I guess the T29 and the T32 play rather similair?

I have the T29 and it's another tank I've done reasonable well in (by my standards).  I never moved on to the T32 as I didn't want to give up the T29 and could not face starting another heavy crew from nothing but perhaps I should start the process with a new crew for my T14.

Ankara_Aatu #6 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31640 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD

The US tech tree mediums don't really play like the Super Pershing, since they are faster and have less armour. But you should try them anyway because it's a good line and offers nice variety in the different tiers.

I don't think the Super Pershing is bad, but it has suffered somewhat from the power creep with all the new tanks in game and buffs all around.

Besides the T29 and T32 that were already mentioned, I guess the Caernarvon is somewhat similar, and that's a really nice tank now after the buffs.

Edit: also the Sherman Jumbo at tier 6 resembles the Super Pershing.

Edited by Ankara_Aatu, 02 January 2018 - 03:25 PM.

Xandania #7 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34345 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostAnkara_Aatu, on 02 January 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

Edit: also the Sherman Jumbo at tier 6 resembles the Super Pershing.

It can also fit a derp while keeping the decently armored stock turret.

somegras #8 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 46172 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
The only other tanks that I can really think of that aren't tier 9-10 are maybe the Centurion and maybe the Emil 1? The problem is that those lines feature high speed tanks at the tiers previous to that (cromwell and the Swedish meds).

Balc0ra #9 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

T26E4 has always been one of my main income machines. Even after they nerfed it. Cheap to run on ammo, and the recent buffs made it rather good.

As for tanks with the same style? M4A3E2, put on a stock turret and 105 derp. And when top tier you can tank better then most HT's.

suvicze #10 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB

Well pretty much any slowish heavy/medium with good turret armor and low alpha plays similarly.

It is for all intends and purposes a heavy tank in everything but class in a same way FCM 50t is a medium tank in everything but class.

While pretty much everyone these days knows its weakspots its armor still holds well at range and at close range the enemy (mainly other T8) need to aim properly which gives you time to shoot them back and by moving the tank and wiggling the turret they can have pretty hard time hitting the weakspots on top properly.

Add limited MM, low ammo cost and enough pen on prem ammo for those heavily armored tanks and you have a pretty decent credit maker and crew trainer even these days.

Ragnaguard #11 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52312 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

I also like mine! 

Can get trolly once u get used to it! 

The tank i will never sell! (even though it is wayyy to slow for my preferences

Almost identical is the thunderbolt (it is a mini Sp actually) Great for SH and fun, but nowhere near the Sp in creditmaking.

The jumbo is a good combination of derp gun and great armour IF u stick with the stock turret... it excells in trolling lights and lightly armoured / open turreted tanks.... bit slow though....

HundeWurst #12 Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67552 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

The SuperPershing is trash. Any slightly better player will just eat you alive.

The only redeeming factor for that tank is that there are little to no good players around.

Still the tank has no outplay potential and is bad in almost every way that matter: No armor against competent enemies, no mobility to be seen anywhere and the gun could be replaced with a potatoe gun and would help that tank.

Its a POS. If you want to get yourself a really good tier 8 premium which is available 24/7 get the Chinese TD. That thing is OP even considering the current MM.

Havoc7926 #13 Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

View PostWunderWurst, on 02 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

The only redeeming factor for that tank is that there are little to no good players around.

Still the tank has no outplay potential and is bad in almost every way that matter: No armor against competent enemies, no mobility to be seen anywhere and the gun could be replaced with a potatoe gun and would help that tank.

Its a POS. If you want to get yourself a really good tier 8 premium which is available 24/7 get the Chinese TD. That thing is OP even considering the current MM.

I now understand why some (probably good players) don't like it.  The truth of the matter for me is slightly different.

Any slightly better player will eat me alive no matter what tank I play so it's no different there.  (I'm bad at this game!)

I have no 'outplay potential' (if you mean carrying the team and the game) so no different there.  Put me in an IS-7, Obj 140, Cromwell, Black Dog, Type 64, anything and I can't carry a game!

I actually don't find the gun that bad but again that might be a small sample size of games so far.

Perhaps I'll get better and outgrow it but for the time being I'm doing ok in it.

Might have a look at the Jumbo and T34, the others mentioned from different nations are too far away from what I have unlocked in those trees and the thunderbolt only comes up for sale once in a while anyway.

Xandania #14 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34345 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

In the WZ FT you can take up many roles - the SP can take one. It is cheaper and preferential. And it produced credits for showing up at a battle.

I'd claim the SP is more "beginner friendly" - heck, it is the tank I first noticed there were weak spots on tanks (after a horrible marathon grind of 75k xp on each nation with, at the start, tier 4 tanks). I might want to add I was nowhere near ready to play it at the time, but it was a very forgiving learning vehicle - and if it doesn't meet a Type 4 or VK0P it is a fairly relaxing tank in the current matchmaking.

apaleytos #15 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15127 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 02 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

PRAISE

Armor full of holes,slow as snail,apcr is good but why shoot prem in moneymaker.Fighting defenders,patriots and T9s,unable to go to med spots.....Played with the new MM,lost 200 avrg dmg and went from 54% to crap WR.I might go for trade in when is is available and get the chinese TD.

*Maybe good players can make it work i surely cant and it is certainly not a tank to drive for 500-1k battles +.If you value your sanity.

qpranger #16 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30722 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWunderWurst, on 02 January 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

If you want to get yourself a really good tier 8 premium which is available 24/7 get the Chinese TD. That thing is OP even considering the current MM.

But Sir, it has no turret?

Expl0d #17 Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36877 battles
Big problem with SP it seems to have been nerfed? effective lower plate used to be 240+ with spaced now its very much lower, there are QB reviews in 2016 that highlight this armor, quietly sneaky nerf, when i played it when i first bought it had frontal troll armor, with very abvious weak spots, now it seems appart from turrets spaced armor the SP wont stop anything at all anymore AP never mind gold, t6/7/8/9 easily, which then posses the question why have the spaced armor that slows this thing massivly, it needs a buff to keep up with power creep. If i had a choice again i would not have bought it, and I would sell/trade it now in a heart beat and not suggest anyone buy, which is a shame because i enjoyed it in its prime, even with the original handicaps.

Ziurawka #18 Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20016 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

I remember when I was still new to the game and heard a youtuber mention the Super Pershing. 

In my ears it somehow still sounds like Super Persian. And it is, without a doubt, a robust and splendid feline :teethhappy:

Which is noob proof but moves like a fat cat and is extremely situational. 

Never seen one carry a game ... but if someone enjoys it then I guess you can look at AT 15A which is better in my opinion. 

T29 and T34 are actually usable on short distances against better players so it's not the same gameplay as the persian.  

Somnorila #19 Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55154 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU
T26E5 which is a bit better and in a different weight class.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users