SPG's and City Maps

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

solarstoned #1 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19726 battles
  • [MGOD] MGOD

im not usually an arty player but im trying to do my personal missions and this is probably been brought up before. is there any talk or discussion about artillery having an option so that they never see a city map?

my experience so far has been pretty bad while in city maps and generally I end up running around doing nothing which kinda defeats the purpose. if anyone from wargaming reads this please have a think about it. arty was never made to be in a city. it was made to bombard a city from outside (historically)

just a few points.

1. hardly any chance to hit a target due to buildings and other things in the way of the arc.

2. mostly running away or chasing the rest of the team to stay safe.

3. light tanks spot arty sometimes before u even get into place.

4. usually end up doing no damage or very little.

a simple check box in settings like grand battles would do the trick and just remove the city maps from the pool.

just my thoughts,

solar

truoste #2 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36830 battles

View Postsolarstoned, on 03 January 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

im not usually an arty player but im trying to do my personal missions and this is probably been brought up before. is there any talk or discussion about artillery having an option so that they never see a city map?

my experience so far has been pretty bad while in city maps and generally I end up running around doing nothing which kinda defeats the purpose. if anyone from wargaming reads this please have a think about it. arty was never made to be in a city. it was made to bombard a city from outside (historically)

just a few points.

1. hardly any chance to hit a target due to buildings and other things in the way of the arc.

a simple check box in settings like grand battles would do the trick and just remove the city maps from the pool.

just my thoughts,

solar

Very novel idea and it will be implemented at the same time as similar option for heavies to opt out from open maps... 

Ps. I would like to get a personal tickbox that gives me only artyfree games.

Edited by truoste, 03 January 2018 - 08:28 AM.

Frostilicus #3 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22423 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
Has been mentioned to death over the years, and Truoste has summed up the perfect counter - you'd have nice open maps full of arty, and non-clickers could simply opt out of any open map :)

PauI #4 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24876 battles
how did no one thought of this until now? We can have a button to play without arty and they can have a button to play only open maps, between themselves....15 clickers vs 15 clickers....and everyone would be happy....this must go directly to the devs

Balc0ra #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postsolarstoned, on 03 January 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

just my thoughts,

solar

If they have it for one class, they need to add it for all classes. If not then some classes would just flood the MM queue on some maps. Not ideal when there is a map rotation. Then again having it for any class, or all classes would just break it even more. HT's would just go on town maps. Lights and arty on open maps to do their missions etc.

But even on urban maps there are plenty of spots you still can hit stuff. South on Himmelsdorf, on the right side of the church there is a guard post. Stand on that and you can hit the 8 line HT's. North on Ruinberg next to the closest building you spawn at on your left, you can hit enemy tanks near the church or the open crossing before on the middle lane. Or from the south you can hit the HT line from the corner. I've done 3K on my recent tier 9 US grind on both of those maps at times. Even got the 200 second HT stun for the Obj on Ruinberg.

MeetriX #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19593 battles

New year, new proposals.

Oh wait!

cragarion #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 42933 battles

View Postsolarstoned, on 03 January 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

just a few points.

just my thoughts,

solar

Learn how to play the maps, there are lanes and lines of fire in cities learn them, try google it's your friend.

Asklepi0s #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:53 AM

• 5715 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Due to the high number of Artillery threads, we want discussions to take place in the main pinned thread here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users