Jump to content


I am Stuck

progress Wn8 winrate Improvment

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Apfelsaft77 #1 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17918 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    05-03-2012

Hey there,

I feel stuck with my progress, I my win rate is currently at 55.2% and my Wn8 is at 1828. And I don't really do improve much anymore, and I feel like that played the last 2 month not as good anymore. (but I also didn't played regular and often) For me improving is one of the most fun things in this game. And most tutorials are aimed at beginners to learn the basics, and I think I know and do most of that already. Now my question is, do you guys know any tips and/or tutorials for my level of player. (I do like to watch some streamers/youtubers like circon and Lemmingrush) And maybe there are a few better players who wanna teach me directly? I am a really calm player who is self reflecting. (I can do the "what could i have done better" at the end of the game good) But there is only so far you can see what you did wrong when you lack the knowledge of the advance plays.

 

Hope to hear from you,

Apfelsaft



iztok #2 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
  • 2,423
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

I'd say you're playing way too many tanks. Stick with 5 most interesting ones and you'll very likely get better stats.



Sfinski #3 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30573 battles
  • 2,175
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Well you for sure have good winrate compared to your wn8. I barely have better winrate playing at some 3k average. So have to do something right. Looking at your stats your survival rate is a bit on the lower side. Try staying alive longer and watch out for too daring plays. That's all I can think of without seeing any replays etc.

Dehtre #4 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24893 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011
I have no idea what is your current level of play and what mistakes you make, but what helped me a lot was watching Zeven (Zeven on youtube / Zeven_NA on twitch). He does really in-depth replay reviews and comments on his gameplay/decision making process during gameplay streams too.

Apfelsaft77 #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17918 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    05-03-2012
Yeah I think staying alive is something I have to work on. I also limiting the tanks that i play is a really good idea.

Aikl #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25163 battles
  • 4,239
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Kind of looks like you're playing more high-tier tanks than before; you can generally expect your performance to drop when progressing through the tiers or playing 'new' tanks.

 

At your level you more than likely know where to go and where to aim, put quite simply.

Improving beyond that is a lot about map- and situational awareness. That will allow you to judge whether a risky, but potentially game-winning, move is worth it or not.

 Watching streamers can help somewhat, but platooning with a good player might be the most effective, at least if he's of the chatty type. Sheer skill level matters less than cooperation when platooning. There are good players I can't stand platooning with, but below-average ones that are perfectly allright (and vice versa). Point is, find someone nice to platoon with, you'll realize soon if he can teach you anything.



Apfelsaft77 #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17918 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    05-03-2012
Yeah that is exactly what i thought! 

adameitas #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 61223 battles
  • 769
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
Well i had same issue some time ago. I founded that main reasons were 3. I stopped playing or atleast reduced number off games in tier i perform worse. In my case it is t10. T10 gameplay is just too damn fast for me. Second i more or less stopped playing tanks/tanks classes i perform worse. For example i am quite bad at tds so if i want to play tds i go for 704, pz4 or skorpion that i am good in. But avoid tds like 263 or sweden line since i am horrible in them and so on. Third just dont do risky moves that you realise as risky. You know those moments when you try to shoot tank while already knowing that it is risky and you will probably get damage in return but still try your luck (in many cases at the end of games you realise that you missed right those 300 hp you lost at the beginning on your risky move). Since you mentioned that you are calm person i am sure it gonna work and you will increase your level. Good luck:)

Derethim #9 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16826 battles
  • 1,743
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostSfinski, on 03 January 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Well you for sure have good winrate compared to your wn8. I barely have better winrate playing at some 3k average. So have to do something right. Looking at your stats your survival rate is a bit on the lower side. Try staying alive longer and watch out for too daring plays. That's all I can think of without seeing any replays etc.

 

On the other hand, if yoloing works for him and he knows how to do it the right way, him holding back may be worse for the team.

Sfinski #10 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30573 battles
  • 2,175
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostDerethim, on 03 January 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

 

On the other hand, if yoloing works for him and he knows how to do it the right way, him holding back may be worse for the team.

 

Well it have might worked thus far, but he wanted to get better. Could be that he has reached the peak that yoloing can achieve. 

Apfelsaft77 #11 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17918 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    05-03-2012
So I want to say thank you, guys. I started to play with more concentration, focus on a few tanks and played more to stay alive. And I played much better again. I think i was just not in the right mindset.

Derethim #12 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16826 battles
  • 1,743
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostSfinski, on 03 January 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

Well it have might worked thus far, but he wanted to get better. Could be that he has reached the peak that yoloing can achieve. 

 

I try to play tactically and my winrate is 50% :D

Then someone yolo's and wins the game... I may be overthinking, lol



Apfelsaft77 #13 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17918 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    05-03-2012
Btw. I don't yolo, and i am certainly not an expert in that!

Dr_ownape #14 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41538 battles
  • 5,327
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View PostApfelsaft77, on 08 January 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

So I want to say thank you, guys. I started to play with more concentration, focus on a few tanks and played more to stay alive. And I played much better again. I think i was just not in the right mindset.

 

TBH i found investing in a decent clan the best way to improve. I've never watched gamers and used to be a 400wn8 bob (at 5k games). I joined my first clan at that stage and chose one where i was down near the bottom skill wise and learnt so much. When i reached a point where i was in the top 20% of that clan i then moved on to join another where i was again near the bottom.

Slyspy #15 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14186 battles
  • 16,480
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostApfelsaft77, on 03 January 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Yeah I think staying alive is something I have to work on. I also limiting the tanks that i play is a really good idea.

 

It is also worth noting that your perception of your recent performance does not match the reality as represented by your stats. 

Martijn_mk2 #16 Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5840 battles
  • 291
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013
Recent 3k wn8 and 60% winrate..
Seems like you are doing pretty good?

StinkyStonky #17 Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26259 battles
  • 1,819
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

View PostDr_ownape, on 08 January 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

 

TBH i found investing in a decent clan the best way to improve. I've never watched gamers and used to be a 400wn8 bob (at 5k games). I joined my first clan at that stage and chose one where i was down near the bottom skill wise and learnt so much. When i reached a point where i was in the top 20% of that clan i then moved on to join another where i was again near the bottom.

 

^^^ This would be my advice.  You seem to be measuring improvement in win rate and wn8, but there's a lot more to the game than just that.





Also tagged with progress, Wn8, winrate, Improvment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users