Spotting tanks / Assisting damage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Afdass #1 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12980 battles
Can anyone elucidate me how the hell does the spotting work? I'm sick of spotting tanks camping in the back and when 0.5sec later my team swarm them with shells I get 0 (ZERO) assistance damage and the tank dies. Where the heck does the spotting damage go? Stratosphere? Stalingrad? Paris? The tank gets obliterated 0.5sec after I spot him and I don't receive spotting damage? No matter if I have the best view to the tank or if I'm the first one spotting him, 90% of the times I don't get any kind of assist. Sometimes I understand, some tanks get closer to the target and the assist goes for them, but most of the times I'm the only one spotting and ZERO.

Homer_J #2 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The tank doing the damage has to not be able to spot the enemy tank for you to get assist.

So if you spot and your team get within spotting range and damage the enemy then no cookies for you.

And.

Replay?

Balc0ra #3 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

The tank doing the damage has to not be able to spot the enemy tank for you to get assist.

So if you spot and your team get within spotting range and damage the enemy then no cookies for you.

This. As spotting damage is not fully rewarded to the one that got the first spot. It's shared equally among the people keeping him spotted when he gets hit, be that 1 or 15 tanks. You might end up getting 50 assist for a 250 damage hit on it, or less if you spotted him to close to your lemming campers If half the team or more keeps him lit. It's not much assist to go around. Spot him far outside your teams spotting range, but inside their render range. Then you will get the full assist, as you are the only one keeping him spotted.

brumbarr #4 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
replay pls

Afdass #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12980 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

And.

Replay?

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 January 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

This. As spotting damage is not fully rewarded to the one that got the first spot. It's shared equally among the people keeping him spotted when he gets hit, be that 1 or 15 tanks. You might end up getting 50 assist for a 250 damage hit on it, or less if you spotted him to close to your lemming campers If half the team or more keeps him lit. It's not much assist to go around. Spot him far outside your teams spotting range, but inside their render range. Then you will get the full assist, as you are the only one keeping him spotted.

So, if I understand correctly then I have to rely on having my camping teammates between the 445m and the 560m (or something) enemy's draw range (between the 2 outer circles of the radar) for me to be the only one within the spotting range to spot the target and get full (or close to full) assist for that?

Then it might answer 90% of the situations where I spot a Skorpion G in that one bush and he dies while I get 100 or 200 spotting assist for it. Now I guess I can blame my teammates for not camping and shot targets for me.

Spurtung #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63763 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostAfdass, on 03 January 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

So, if I understand correctly then I have to rely on having my camping teammates between the 445m and the 560m (or something) enemy's draw range (between the 2 outer circles of the radar) for me to be the only one within the spotting range to spot the target and get full (or close to full) assist for that?

Then it might answer 90% of the situations where I spot a Skorpion G in that one bush and he dies while I get 100 or 200 spotting assist for it. Now I guess I can blame my teammates for not camping and shot targets for me.

No, you didn't understand it correctly.

If someone can shoot something they can spot themselves, you don't get assisted damage because, well, they didn't need assistance to shoot the enemy.

If someone can only shoot because you or anyone else is doing the spotting, then yes, you and everyone that is spotting will share that assisted damage.

Distance is irrelevant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users