Bug retraining crew

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bogiac_ #1 Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 405 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Hello, after buying the Leopard tank in the German light line I sold my Luchs and sent the crew to the barracks, then moved the crew on the leopard and retrained them by clicking Crew Operations and Retrain, I selected the second option the one costing 20 000 silver (I am not sure but I think it was 81%) then the crew levels weren't increased saying they are on the wrong tank plus the game wouldn't let me play with the tanks saying it didn't have crew. Thinking it was a sync error I closed the game and logged back in, the crew wasn't on the Leopard nor in the barracks, I had a spare 50% trained (never used) crew for the Luchs which I then retrained again using the same option and worked. Basically I lost 80 000 silver and the old crew with the abilities they had. Is it possible to do anything?

Thank you

mango91 #2 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40473 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

hey Bogiac,

you're actually writing in the italian forum, you will find more people able to help if you write in the english forum

By the way, getting back IT, I cannot help with an explanation but I can suggest you to open a ticket to WG Support

JOHN_691 #3 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10168 battles

Can you post a screenshot?

Maybe the first time  you have retrained the crew for the leopard 1 which is a very different tank.

edit: write a ticket to wg, i can't figure  out how you lost an entire crew.

Edited by JOHN_691, 08 January 2018 - 03:19 PM.

Sael_ #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 626 battles
Hello Bogiac,
I can see that Italian forumers treated you well and advised you right. I hope you have already solved your problems, if not let us know - in the meantime I'm moving this discussion to the Gameplay section of the English forum. :)

WhoCares01 #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11390 battles

View PostJOHN_691, on 08 January 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Can you post a screenshot?

Maybe the first time  you have retrained the crew for the leopard 1 which is a very different tank.

edit: write a ticket to wg, i can't figure  out how you lost an entire crew.

Doubt it - with the few battles he has, he can't (and doesn't) have unlocked the Leopard 1 (or PTA) yet, and you can only train crews to unlocked and premium vehicles. And by his description he put the crew on the tank and used the crew re-training for the tank, not for each individual crew member.

@OP: I just hope you didn't accidentially move them back into the Luchs, "ret-trained" them to it, and finally scrapped them with it....

Edited by WhoCares01, 17 January 2018 - 05:32 PM.

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

While it seems unlikely that what you've described is actually what happened, your best bet would be to raise a ticket with Support: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/. They should be able to check server/account logs and verify what happened, and if/where needed correct the issue.

Edit: Also check your Barracks view for any filter settings.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 17 January 2018 - 07:54 PM.

Bogiac_ #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 405 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Hello all, thank you for the support. After opening a ticket I found out with the assistance of the Wargaming team that I trained the crew for the wrong tank (wasn't quite used to how things worked yet) so I just messed up basically and lost some credits. 

Dr_ownape #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40581 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
perfect example of how this place shoudl work, GG Italians, GG Mods, GG those who replied in this section. I can leave content that the world is still a nice place to live

Sfinski #9 Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29704 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostWhoCares01, on 17 January 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

Doubt it - with the few battles he has, he can't (and doesn't) have unlocked the Leopard 1 (or PTA) yet, and you can only train crews to unlocked and premium vehicles. And by his description he put the crew on the tank and used the crew re-training for the tank, not for each individual crew member.

@OP: I just hope you didn't accidentially move them back into the Luchs, "ret-trained" them to it, and finally scrapped them with it....

There's one more leopard apart from those which OP is talking about.

Mr_Beefy #10 Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18219 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostBogiac_, on 03 January 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

Hello, after buying the Leopard tank in the German light line I sold my Luchs and sent the crew to the barracks, then moved the crew on the leopard and retrained them by clicking Crew Operations and Retrain, I selected the second option the one costing 20 000 silver (I am not sure but I think it was 81%) then the crew levels weren't increased saying they are on the wrong tank plus the game wouldn't let me play with the tanks saying it didn't have crew. Thinking it was a sync error I closed the game and logged back in, the crew wasn't on the Leopard nor in the barracks, I had a spare 50% trained (never used) crew for the Luchs which I then retrained again using the same option and worked. Basically I lost 80 000 silver and the old crew with the abilities they had. Is it possible to do anything?

Thank you

I would like to advise you one big tip.

Stay at tier 4 or 5 until you get 1 full perk/skill on your crews.  You will make credits at those tiers, you will also learn more about the game by staying at those tiers until you complete said 1st perk, and ALWAYS have 6th sense be the 1st perk you put on your commander.

Then, when you move up tier tier 5-6, when you retrain your crew for silver, you will at least have the 6th sense available while you grind back up to 100% from 90% basic skill.

6th sense is the most important perk bar none.

GL.

EDIT:

6th sense is only available after it hits 100%, that means grinding 192k XP on the crew.  By staying at tier 4-5 for this amount of XP grinding, you will have likely made a nice amount of silver to assist you in the next big thing, obtaining equipment for your tanks, and having enough credits to actually buy the next tier up.  Tanks start getting expensive in tier 6-7.

Edited by Mr_Beefy, 18 January 2018 - 07:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users