Tips for enjoying WoT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

HagmanCM #1 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2069 battles

Valuable lessons I have learned in my short time playing WoT that help to maintain the enjoyment.

1. Turn off the chat. It is toxic and very little useful comes out of it.

2. Use suicide to alleviate the dull stuff, like those miserable town maps, life is too short for Stalingrad or Kharkov.

3. Use suicide to save time in lemming games. The outcome of your team going lemming is down to luck so your contribution is worth very little. Kill yourself and move onto a more fun game with a less predictable outcome.

4. Use suicide when you are 30 seconds into the game and 6 of your idiot team have already died, you know where this is going so waste no time.

5. Use suicide when your team are clearly morons, eg no spot down 8 line on Abbey leaving the 2/3 TDs down there blind and having to turn and run back, or on Malinovka when all heavies bar one sit on the line instead of heading for the hill.

6. Just stop playing when the dead generals start their abuse, it drives them nuts. They died foolishly and now want a scapegoat, sit still and watch them rant. (doesn't apply if you followed rule 1 but you can easily imagine their rage)

In short, don't waste time on the crap games, move on to those where there is at least a chance of putting up a good fight before dying.

Edited by HagmanCM, 03 January 2018 - 09:17 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You know, you could just not press Battle in the first place.  Sounds like you would have much more fun that way.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
One word: Beer

Pvt_Duffer #4 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16404 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

That used to be called suiscouting.

Old-Meta. So Yesterday

Get 2017

All about the goat.

What will 2018 bring?

HagmanCM #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2069 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

You know, you could just not press Battle in the first place.  Sounds like you would have much more fun that way.

Hmm, sorry I couldn't make it plainer for the hard of understanding, I do have fun. I enjoy the game, I'm just being selective about the bits I play.

When something is broken, like MM and maps, it just makes sense to use the bits that still work, surely.

ps Sorry about 'understanding' and 'selective', I appreciate that they are more than 2 syllables.

Ditto 'appreciate', ask someone for help if you're struggling.

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 03 January 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

That used to be called suiscouting.

Old-Meta. So Yesterday

Get 2017

All about the goat.

What will 2018 bring?

2018 will bring the same maps but prettier. Wow, cant wait to drive those same maps but with more HD poppies.

According to WG the MM is fixed so don't expect any change there.

Just cherry pick the bits you like and it all becomes much more fun, even losing is ok when it was a roughly fair fight.

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36131 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHagmanCM, on 03 January 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Valuable lessons I have learned in my short time playing WoT that help to maintain the enjoyment.

1. Turn off the chat. It is toxic and very little useful comes out of it.

2. Use suicide to alleviate the dull stuff, like those miserable town maps, life is too short for Stalingrad or Kharkov.

3. Use suicide to save time in lemming games. The outcome of your team going lemming is down to luck so you're contribution is worth very little. Kill yourself and move onto a more fun game with a less predictable outcome.

4. Use suicide when you are 30 seconds into the game and 6 of your idiot team have already died, you know where this is going so waste no time.

5. Use suicide when your team are clearly morons, eg no spot down 8 line on Abbey leaving the 2/3 TDs down there blind and having to turn and run back, or on Malinovka when all heavies bar one sit on the line instead of heading for the hill.

6. Just stop playing when the dead generals start their abuse, it drives them nuts. They died foolishly and now want a scapegoat, sit still and watch them rant. (doesn't apply if you followed rule 1 but you can easily imagine their rage)

In short, don't waste time on the crap games, move on to those where there is at least a chance of putting up a good fight before dying.

Suicider?

pff

I despise players like you.

Your 'enjoyment' come with a price - the enjoyment of others.

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 03 January 2018 - 09:18 PM.

divsmo #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30593 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
This post roughly translates to i'm a massive douchebag that would be better off playing a single player game.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

"How to have fun: Be an asocial duck and ruin the game for everyone else."

:sceptic:

Please just find another (singleplayer-)game to play. You are the worst kind of player that one can meet in the game.

btw: About those "morons" you were talking about...

Spoiler

HagmanCM #9 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2069 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 January 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

Suicider?

pff

I despise players like you.

Your 'enjoyment' come with a price - the enjoyment of others.

Yeah, sorry but the 'others' care very little for my enjoyment so why would I care about theirs?

But well done for you attempt, poor though it was, at doing the white knight thing.

Chuwt #10 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21291 battles

Wow, suicide is the answer to everything. You come over as a spoiled brat, this is a team game, when you press that 'battle' button you are signing on to a team, and you should do your best to help them and win, even it is very little.

if you do not like team games, there are plenty of things you can do on your own...in your case, onanism springs to mind.

Erwin_Von_Braun #11 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36131 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHagmanCM, on 03 January 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Yeah, sorry but the 'others' care very little for my enjoyment so why would I care about theirs?

But well done for you attempt, poor though it was, at doing the white knight thing.

No White Knight thing here pal.

Just someone pointing out to you what an utter hypocrite you are 'they don't care about me so why should I care about them'

All ends up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

#coward

HagmanCM #12 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2069 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 03 January 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

"How to have fun: Be an asocial duck and ruin the game for everyone else."

:sceptic:

Please just find another (singleplayer-)game to play. You are the worst kind of player that one can meet in the game.

btw: About those "morons" you were talking about...

Spoiler

Oops, you join the ranks of the 'hard of understanding', there's a lot of it about.

Not being good at the game is really not the same as repeatedly going lemming or dealing abuse to surviving players doing their best when you are dead.

I should add another tip:

7. Just press 'rr' when some smug person with too many games says, before the game has even started, 'lost' or 'another load of loser tomatoes' or some equally encouraging words. It's usually t4 or t5 and a guy with 30k plus battles.

View PostChuwt, on 03 January 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

Wow, suicide is the answer to everything. You come over as a spoiled brat, this is a team game, when you press that 'battle' button you are signing on to a team, and you should do your best to help them and win, even it is very little.

if you do not like team games, there are plenty of things you can do on your own...in your case, onanism springs to mind.

lolololololololol

Did you see that?? He said 'this is a team game' :-)

Really, go and look, that's what he said.

lolololol

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 January 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

No White Knight thing here pal.

Just someone pointing out to you what an utter hypocrite you are 'they don't care about me so why should I care about them'

All ends up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

#coward

Oh dear, 'coward'?

You do understand this is a game, don't you? It's, like, online and stuff. No one really gets hurt.

Did you think this was like Enders Game and we're really engaged in real life fighting by proxy?

Hmmm, 33k battles (and that's just on this account) maybe needs to get out a bit more.

jack_timber #13 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31220 battles

I hope you are always on the Red team....

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #14 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27102 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
Sometimes this game is frustrating and bad enough without others making it worse by just suiciding because they don't like a map.

Its just so selfish for the other 14 and like someone said maybe don't press battle or get to the docs and get some chill pills and enjoy things a little more.  

Erwin_Von_Braun #15 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36131 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHagmanCM, on 03 January 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Oh dear, 'coward'?

You do understand this is a game, don't you? It's, like, online and stuff. No one really gets hurt.

Did you think this was like Enders Game and we're really engaged in real life fighting by proxy?

Hmmm, 33k battles (and that's just on this account) maybe needs to get out a bit more.

Players who suicide are nothing less than a selfish waste of space and resources.

Only the one account and, yes, I could do with getting out a little more - what's your point?

Jigabachi #16 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHagmanCM, on 03 January 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

Oops, you join the ranks of the 'hard of understanding', there's a lot of it about.

There is only one player in this thread who doesn't understand. And that is you. Grow up.

Why did you even come here and share your nonsense with us?

Edited by Jigabachi, 03 January 2018 - 09:45 PM.

JuicyProduction #17 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27154 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 January 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Double vodka and coke hits the spot for me. Not a fan of many things from Poland but this drink called 'Soplica' or something like that is very nice

Edited by JuicyProduction, 03 January 2018 - 09:48 PM.

unhappy_bunny #18 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17410 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Well, If you run away from challenges, by suiciding if you dont like the map or the team, then you will never learn how to play properly, never learn how to deal with difficult situations. 

Do you do the same in real life? 

PS. I wonder how long it will take the mods to close this as "not constructive"?

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 03 January 2018 - 09:53 PM.

Aikl #19 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 January 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

While WoT is really fun when you drink (for the most part), for me it resulted in degrading the fun while sober.

I.e. I only wanted to play tanks when I was drinking, or wanted to drink when playing tanks. Didn't become an actual drinking problem - but rather a tanking problem. Could see it becoming the former, but beer's expensive as balls around here. If I consume beer just to alleviate the frustration from tanks, it's a better option to put the beer money into the game. 

Orkbert #20 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24692 battles

View PostHagmanCM, on 03 January 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

Given that your own tips by and large call for suicide your tank this tip is extremely paradoxical, they just did what you recommend and you call them idiot team, how rude.

Also your tips seem not to be supported by a sufficient win rate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users