Why does WG support not look into teamkill/damage?

Teamkill damage penalty ban locked

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

DeNnZ_1 #1 Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17124 battles

Hi guys!

I have a question about the support system that WG offers...

I have just appealed to a penalty I was sanctioned and noticed the following line:

Team kill/damage sanction - You have been sanctioned by the automatic team damage system.

X   I understand that the CS team will not investigate nor remove any sanction.

You have to agree to the above line just to send out your ticket.

So it says that if you got penalised for team damage, your ticket will not be investigated or solved.

Isn't this a strange case? Of course it is not so strange when someone has damaged or killed a teammate on purpose, but what if it was totally out of your control?

This was exactly what happened to me tonight, I was having a nice game of Karelia, when with 06:00 left on the clock, I decided to let myself drop off the cliff in the upper right hand corner of the map, on top of an enemy IS3 just because it felt like a funny kill.

Next to the IS3 there was a (I believe) destroyed AMX M4. What happend is that I landed upside down right ontop of both the IS3 and the AMX, I think a low tank could drive right underneath me..

Unable to move and immobilised, a friendly E75 tried to help me by pushing me off the hulls, but since my tank was placed higher than the E75 upper plate, I did some 150hp crushing damage on him causing me to get a 12 hour ban on my account!

I had a nice playing night planned, and with this happening, it goes down the drain.

As you might understand this team damage was totally out of my control and nothing I was planning to do, so why would WG not look into this case according to that line they added to the ticket submission form?

What are your thoughts on this?

Ive added the replay if anyone wants to see exactly what happened..

malachi6 #2 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50423 battles
12 hour ban?  It is my belief first offence is one hour.  Second is one day.  If second offence is 12 hours then you obviously committed a first offence.  Top tip here is.  Don't commit a first offence.

OreH75 #3 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48755 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostDeNnZ_1, on 04 January 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Only 150 hp teamdamage will not get you banned for 12 hours, you must have been a naughty boy shortly before.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67308 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Here is the thing. If support took their time to watch every replay to lift a TD sanction that got sent in. And I'm sure 9 out 10 of those are "he shot me so I shot him more times back, but he started it, so he should be banned" replays. They would not have time for anything else but watch replays all day. And if they did have a few guys doing that all day. Your 12 hour ban would be lifted before they would have time to do so anyway.

Captain_Kremen0 #5 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37581 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

I accidentally sniped a friendly tank on Karelia last night (must have been close to Battle Buddy for bad RNG) and NOTHING HAPPENED

Because I don't go round causing damage to team mates.

YOU DO!! 

That is why you were sanctioned so stop carping and lying and GTFO.,

qpranger #6 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 33677 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 04 January 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

I accidentally sniped a friendly tank on Karelia last night (must have been close to Battle Buddy for bad RNG) and NOTHING HAPPENED

hax

Captain_Kremen0 #7 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37581 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postqpranger, on 04 January 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

hax

Still managed to finish top on experience and second on damage with a positive kill ratio so maybe Serb took pity on my efforts.

EDIT: besides the silly little crapshould know better than to drive in FRONT of the target of sniping TDs

Edited by Captain_Kremen0, 04 January 2018 - 09:55 AM.

DeNnZ_1 #8 Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17124 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 04 January 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

That is why you were sanctioned so stop carping and lying and GTFO.,

Seriously?

I never do team damage on purpose, it is kind of a premature statement that you are making..

What I think what happend, is that when you crush some other tank, it causes a stream of damage which are all separate damages on their own.
So WG sees that I do like 15 times teamdamage, hence the 12H lock...

@Balc0ra, thanks for you reply. I do understand this... But this also impacts cases like this where I just lost premium time, also it would be good for them to at least read what someone has to say, because it could've been  a bug, just like in this case (well, maybe not exactly a bug but I don't think this works the way it was supposed to)..

VsUK #9 Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
WG support don't even reverse penalties for killing blue team members. Even if you've provided proof they we're blue & they stated that you shouldn't have been penalised for those shots.

In WG's world. If it aint broke, fix it & when it becomes broke. Cover it up!

Derethim #10 Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17761 battles
Speaking of team damage, I proposed something to reduce TKs ingame. As for the crushing.. craphappens. It's not often that this happens, so I think it's fine. And like Balc0ra said; they can't review every report.

Homer_J #11 Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29664 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDeNnZ_1, on 03 January 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

Have you?

You will have to upload it to wotreplays.eu because the forum does not accept them.

First time I've heard of someone getting a 12h ban for a first offence though.

_Sensation_ #12 Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7746 battles
  • [AVOID] AVOID
Because they simply just don't give a crap

malachi6 #13 Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:12 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50423 battles
Once you do sufficient damage to get a 1 hour ban, you are banned.  Gone from the game, you can do no further damage to earn a second ban.  As I said before you clearly have had a 1 hour ban previously.

Phobos4321 #14 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 43349 battles

View PostVsUK, on 04 January 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

WG support don't even reverse penalties for killing blue team members. Even if you've provided proof they we're blue & they stated that you shouldn't have been penalised for those shots.

you still dont get it ?  besides being blue  doing damage on them is added to your teamdamage treshold  so if you are a brick on a regular basis even shooting blues can spell trouble for you

OP strange story not really matching with the typical stuff you would notice  in the game firstly there are ban duration between 1h and 1 day ? strange ...

than again 150 damage shouldnt be enough  to skip turning blue and go to a ban right away

in my worst game so far  i had 3 teammates suiced by driving right into my shots with the rhm borsig   thought even  stuff like 1500 teamdamage  and -3 kills didnt turned me blue back then

they got the automated system  to savethe personal and dont have to watch 10000 replays per day so if they would do so on appeals  would they save anything ?

proably only the support would be so overloaded they would take 2-3 weeks to answer the ticket

HassenderZerhacker #15 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27647 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

Hi guys!

I have a question about the support system that WG offers...

I have just appealed to a penalty I was sanctioned and noticed the following line:

Team kill/damage sanction - You have been sanctioned by the automatic team damage system.

X   I understand that the CS team will not investigate nor remove any sanction.

You have to agree to the above line just to send out your ticket.

So it says that if you got penalised for team damage, your ticket will not be investigated or solved.

Isn't this a strange case? Of course it is not so strange when someone has damaged or killed a teammate on purpose, but what if it was totally out of your control?

This was exactly what happened to me tonight, I was having a nice game of Karelia, when with 06:00 left on the clock, I decided to let myself drop off the cliff in the upper right hand corner of the map, on top of an enemy IS3 just because it felt like a funny kill.

Next to the IS3 there was a (I believe) destroyed AMX M4. What happend is that I landed upside down right ontop of both the IS3 and the AMX, I think a low tank could drive right underneath me..

Unable to move and immobilised, a friendly E75 tried to help me by pushing me off the hulls, but since my tank was placed higher than the E75 upper plate, I did some 150hp crushing damage on him causing me to get a 12 hour ban on my account!

I had a nice playing night planned, and with this happening, it goes down the drain.

As you might understand this team damage was totally out of my control and nothing I was planning to do, so why would WG not look into this case according to that line they added to the ticket submission form?

there are 3 reasons for this: lazyness, incompetence and indifference.

SuperOlsson #16 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21333 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostVsUK, on 04 January 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

What?

You don't get punished for killing blue team members at all, damage to blue teammembers don't even show up on after-game stats. I killed off plenty of blues using more than 3 shots without turning blue myself, whereas shooting non-blues typically turns you blue on the third shot if you haven't done teamdamage in a while.

Phobos4321 #17 Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

General

• Player
  • 43349 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 05 January 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

there are 3 reasons for this: lazyness, incompetence and indifference.

so that basically applies to all firms around the globe ...

at least you are sure its not about the money ?

do you think M$ or apple pay for callcenters employing 10000+ ppl ?

hello wake up this is reality

support doesnt earn you money its just something you have to provide within certain ranges and as such it is handled

so what use would it be if wgfired all developers just to employ 1000 support members ?

and who would teach them their job? who  would control them?

its just some financial reality overcapacities are bad, support dont earn money, ppl working in callcenters might not be the eilte

just look around EA support ? Ubisoft? even Blizzard...  its never something bright or overdeveloped

Slyspy #18 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14205 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSuperOlsson, on 05 January 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

What?

You don't get punished for killing blue team members at all, damage to blue teammembers don't even show up on after-game stats. I killed off plenty of blues using more than 3 shots without turning blue myself, whereas shooting non-blues typically turns you blue on the third shot if you haven't done teamdamage in a while.

This is not the case. See Phobos' reply above. 

Steffin #19 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25089 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

Another banned teamkiller. The system works. :)

Too bad they are still able to access the forums, as that is where a lot of banned people go to to complain.  An ip ban for forum would be nice.

HassenderZerhacker #20 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27647 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostPhobos4321, on 05 January 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

so that basically applies to all firms around the globe ...

that's not true. many companies are neither lazy, indifferent nor incompetent. it just applies to those who are, and these normally don't last long, except when they are in a special situation with captive customers and no real competition... such as... oh wait.

Also tagged with Teamkill, damage, penalty, ban, locked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users