Back from a 1 year break, please advise on a few things!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Run1k #1 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1494 battles

As the topic dictates, I'm gonna start playing after a years break (might be a bit more).

I notice that the game now has many things that used to be separate mods incorporated into itself, and apparently the ingame personal rating has been improved. I understood that it now functions similiar to WN8 ;)but is this true?)  I have the following questions:

1. I think the game has everything I need built in now, but I'm wondering if I still need an after match WN8 indicator, or if the personal rating is good enough?

2. If the WN8 indicator is required, which one would you recommend (I don't need anything else besides seeing my WN8 after game)
3. Are there any great new brawler lines present (medium/heavy)?

Thanks beforehand.

SABAOTH #2 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:48 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostRun1k, on 05 January 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

As the topic dictates, I'm gonna start playing after a years break (might be a bit more).

I notice that the game now has many things that used to be separate mods incorporated into itself, and apparently the ingame personal rating has been improved. I understood that it now functions similiar to WN8 ;)but is this true?)  I have the following questions:

1. I think the game has everything I need built in now, but I'm wondering if I still need an after match WN8 indicator, or if the personal rating is good enough?

2. If the WN8 indicator is required, which one would you recommend (I don't need anything else besides seeing my WN8 after game)

Thanks beforehand.

1. Is good to check your progress so I would recommend
  2. I suggest you Yasen Krasen coloured message and xvm configured to see the damage log and to return crew if you have a lot of premium tanks (I would lose a ton of time without it)
  3. Heavy has got retarded Japanese superheavy with no frontal weakspot and derp gun with gold HE that do 300 more damage than regular. Excellent tanks are in the conqueror line right now. Russian mediums are still the best in that category (Or you can go for the german snipers instead of dpm, just keep in mind they cannot snipe crap so you can do as good with an object - much better soft stats)

Also consider that open maps are a thing of the past, just few and those have everything reworked to have corridors that force you to fight under 100 m distance encouraging gold spam. Stay away from tier 10 lights because they are useless.

That's about it.

I can recommend KV 2 (but that I would recommend anyway :P)

Run1k #3 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1494 battles
Hey,

thanks for your response. What is this Yasen Krasen (is it a modpack?) and do I need to do anything else besides install it, and go update and enable XVM from it's website? Thanks for the recommendations.

SABAOTH #4 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:59 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostRun1k, on 05 January 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

Hey,

thanks for your response. What is this Yasen Krasen (is it a modpack?) and do I need to do anything else besides install it, and go update and enable XVM from it's website? Thanks for the recommendations.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/512766-%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%8509151-yasenkrasen-colored-messages-session-statistics-v9151a-soloreborn/

You need to copy it into the mod folder.

XVM need to be installed AND activated in xvm website. The configuration is a bit complex but the basic version has everything needed already (no point to see win chances on loading screen anyway)

Frostilicus #5 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22423 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
+1 - Yasenkrasen is the only mod I use

SABAOTH #6 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostFrostilicus, on 05 January 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

+1 - Yasenkrasen is the only mod I use

same (xvm is just comfort)

Snatch_The_AmmoRacks #7 Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27972 battles

View PostRun1k, on 05 January 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

Thanks beforehand.

Uninstall game again and come back when wargaming stop making decisions that seem to be pulled out of a raffle hat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users