Charge back

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Tobiaz1991 #1 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19179 battles

How do you make WG solve a chargeback issue?

I bought 25 boxes the 27th december, very happy with them got great value, like no tier 8 prem but great value.

Suddenly the 3rd januari at 10:30 they sent a message a chargeback has been made and they locked my account.
Ok so I'm guessing someone f*cked up because I didn't order or cancel anything.

The money left my account and I got no message from my bank saying something is wrong or anything.

So I make a ticket. It's been nearly two days. How bloody long do I have to wait for them?
Most online companies answer within hours, yet they lock my entire account and don't answer within two days?
Whats the point of paying them if it results in loosing your access when I didn't even ask for a refund?

How do I get into contact with them faster, when will they answer? In two weeks or some sh*t like that or whatever shortly means in Russian? 

Edited by Tobiaz1991, 05 January 2018 - 11:28 AM.

UrQuan #2 Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19173 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

First things first, did you doublecheck your bank account & verified that nothing got sent back at a later date? Also make sure the amount payed checks out with the WG receipt

Make sure you keep the receipt as well.

And remain patient (and yes it sucks that the response is so slow) & remain civil when the response comes. Support didn't lock your account for chargeback, but they can help you unlocking it, so stay civil & polite. No passive aggressiveness either. These folks get abused enough for the weirdest crap, hence a friendly ticket can already do wonders.

In case of automated reply & close ticket: reopen, remain polite & explain the problem. Repeat till you got someone from support that investigates further.

Edited by UrQuan, 05 January 2018 - 02:49 PM.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Another thing to keep in mind, if those 25 boxes wasn't your only purchase or if you're a frequent "micro transaction" buyer some banks can see that as suspicious and determine that something might be wrong and depending on their policy perform some kind of action. 

Pansenmann #4 Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33507 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuedKAT, on 05 January 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Another thing to keep in mind, if those 25 boxes wasn't your only purchase or if you're a frequent "micro transaction" buyer some banks can see that as suspicious and determine that something might be wrong and depending on their policy perform some kind of action. 

then he would have gotten notice from his bank, of course.

SuedKAT #5 Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPansenmann, on 06 January 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

then he would have gotten notice from his bank, of course.

Well that depends, I get everything from my bank in my internet bank inbox, so I need to login to my internet bank and check it if I want to see what's going on. They send me a monthly update, news, good deals, yearly reports and a lot of other stuff, just checked and I got 186 unread mails there and to be fair I wouldn't check there if everything was working as it should. Sames goes for all government stuff, nothing goes via the postal service, we get a mail/sms telling us there is something we need to look at, so you need to login to the site connected to the correct governmental agency, when I was home with my kid on parental leave I got that 2 times a month and it was just a confirmation each month telling me that I was on parental leave. 

So yeah, he might have received a notice, but it might not have been delivered via the postal service, it might be lurking in some inbox somewhere. 

Tobiaz1991 #6 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19179 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 January 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

So yeah, he might have received a notice, but it might not have been delivered via the postal service, it might be lurking in some inbox somewhere. 

I logged in on my bank account, no notice, no nothing. It just baffles me that they(wargaming) lock my account for three days already yet I get zero response from support.
Like how patient do I have to be? It's so customer unfriendly it's crazy, I've had support from smaller online companies in minutes instead of days...

It's weekend now so I'm gonna have to wait till monday? This is just [edited], especially since I didn't ask or stop any transaction or chargeback, I did nothing, my bank didn't refund me or tell me about anything.
Heck I can't even just dump 28 euro's in an account while it gets fixed to get acces, nope I'm literally stuck, can't play, can't do anything.

Pansenmann #7 Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33507 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTobiaz1991, on 06 January 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

I logged in on my bank account, no notice, no nothing. It just baffles me that they(wargaming) lock my account for three days already yet I get zero response from support.
Like how patient do I have to be? It's so customer unfriendly it's crazy, I've had support from smaller online companies in minutes instead of days...

It's weekend now so I'm gonna have to wait till monday? This is just [edited], especially since I didn't ask or stop any transaction or chargeback, I did nothing, my bank didn't refund me or tell me about anything.
Heck I can't even just dump 28 euro's in an account while it gets fixed to get acces, nope I'm literally stuck, can't play, can't do anything.

well, yes, you most likely have to wait till monday anyways,

as all the payment providers are at weekend too.

your bank account got most likely charged from such a 3rd party "payment provider" -  that's where you will most like have to contact,

I prefer prepaid credid cards or paypal, instant delivery so far.

Tobiaz1991 #8 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19179 battles

So I got an standard copy paste answer today, sunday at 12:45.

Which is both funny and annoying, I mean if they just sent a copy paste answer couldn't they do that days earlier, instead of doing it in the weekend which only makes it more infuriating.

Also the chargeback if someone orders that shouldn't the money have been sent back and already arrived on my account to begin with? I mean where is that 28 euros now?
It's not in my bankaccount and I'm guessing Wargaming had to pay it back? So how does that even work?

The fix is fairly easy, I just need to pay the exact amount for something in the premiumshop, and the support will remove the goods I bought for the 27,99 euro and unlock my account.

But where the hell is the money I originally sent to them?

Pansenmann #9 Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33507 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTobiaz1991, on 07 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

But where the hell is the money I originally sent to them?

That is the question you have to ask support while reopening that ticket.

but be polite, the support peons didnt screw this up.

Edited by Pansenmann, 07 January 2018 - 04:56 PM.

Tobiaz1991 #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19179 battles

A short update.

I got the money back from the 3rd party. Which is odd since I didn't demand a chargeback, who could have charged one? My bank didn't either.

So I spent 27,99 euro on gold which should fix the chargeback after they remove the gold.

Odd thing though is that the old method I used failed while i trying to finish the transaction.

However I did get an email from Wargaming that the order went ahead. So I'll know more about what happened and which order went through when my bankaccount updates tomorrow.

K_A #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTobiaz1991, on 16 January 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

A short update.

I got the money back from the 3rd party. Which is odd since I didn't demand a chargeback, who could have charged one? My bank didn't either.

So I spent 27,99 euro on gold which should fix the chargeback after they remove the gold.

Odd thing though is that the old method I used failed while i trying to finish the transaction.

However I did get an email from Wargaming that the order went ahead. So I'll know more about what happened and which order went through when my bankaccount updates tomorrow.

Glad to see the problem getting resolved, sorry to hear you had problems. I think the problem lay in the middle man between WG and you, they for some reason cocked it up and initiated the charge back, and WG of course has to go with it when they're issued with one..

Tobiaz1991 #12 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19179 battles

Last update.

I did make two transaction, one with the old method which I got a failed message for but didn't actually fail.
And one I made with paypal.

I sent an extra message below my ticket and it got resolved in like a day tops.
No extra work was required the money from the failed transaction was reimbursed like a day later.

So all in all very pleased with how when I knew how to solve it how quickly it actually got solved! 

Even got my premium time back from when my account was closed. 

K_A #13 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTobiaz1991, on 27 January 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Last update.

I did make two transaction, one with the old method which I got a failed message for but didn't actually fail.

I sent an extra message below my ticket and it got resolved in like a day tops.
No extra work was required the money from the failed transaction was reimbursed like a day later.

So all in all very pleased with how when I knew how to solve it how quickly it actually got solved! 

Even got my premium time back from when my account was closed. 

Just comes to show that WG support actually can work if you have a problem and just ask them politely :great:

Jigabachi #14 Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostK_A, on 27 January 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

Just comes to show that WG support actually can work if you have a problem and just ask them politely :great:

Well. The problem was about money.

K_A #15 Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJigabachi, on 27 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well. The problem was about money.

Fair point.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63731 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTobiaz1991, on 27 January 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Last update.

Stick with Paypal then for later purchases. Never had any issues with it on this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users