• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

9IBrownie #1 Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23717 battles
  • [507] 507

Hello Community,

I would like to share a (hopefully not outdated) suggestion with you. If it was adressed already, let me know.

Key bindings:

The game settings only offer one key for each action in the control settings. Many other games offer the option to assign an additional key as an alternative to the main key bind. I wish WG could add this feature.

Why is this important?

After years of playing it is very difficult to change the key bindings you are used to, which can sometimes be nessecary in order to react to the changes in the game meta. Being able to use 2 keys for the same thing means you could learn new bindings easier and without risking your personal performance ingame.

My Personal Experience:

I, for example would like to bind my med-kit to a mouse button, to be able to de-stun myself faster. But, since I am still used to the normal binding I often died because of not remembering the right key immediately.

Thanks for reading,

9IBrownie

LOVE_U_LONGTIME #2 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27599 battles

View Post9IBrownie, on 05 January 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Hello Community,

I would like to share a (hopefully not outdated) suggestion with you. If it was adressed already, let me know.

Key bindings:

The game settings only offer one key for each action in the control settings. Many other games offer the option to assign an additional key as an alternative to the main key bind. I wish WG could add this feature.

Why is this important?

After years of playing it is very difficult to change the key bindings you are used to, which can sometimes be nessecary in order to react to the changes in the game meta. Being able to use 2 keys for the same thing means you could learn new bindings easier and without risking your personal performance ingame.

My Personal Experience:

I, for example would like to bind my med-kit to a mouse button, to be able to de-stun myself faster. But, since I am still used to the normal binding I often died because of not remembering the right key immediately.

Thanks for reading,

9IBrownie

You wanna try being left-handed mate and have to re-assign all the control keys, and then try and buy a decent left-handed gaming mouse.....then come back and a have a moan!

Xandania #3 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35494 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
I would in an instant map the key for forwards to the manual fire extinguisher - oh the money saved xD

9IBrownie #4 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23717 battles
  • [507] 507

View PostDiscoDave_, on 05 January 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

You wanna try being left-handed mate and have to re-assign all the control keys, and then try and buy a decent left-handed gaming mouse.....then come back and a have a moan!

I am actually left handed, I know thew pain buddy^^

View PostXandania, on 05 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

I would in an instant map the key for forwards to the manual fire extinguisher - oh the money saved xD

I dont mean multiple actions on one key, I meant multiple keys for one action. Would be funny if this worked though xD I have the fire extinguisher binded to mittle mouse button. I extinguish fires almost as fast as an automatic extinguisher :D

Lord_Edge #5 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5951 battles

View PostDiscoDave_, on 05 January 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

Pfft, you wanna try not having a left hand, and using a mouse with so many buttons that when you try to repair your tracks you end up accidentally ejecting your optical drive, then come back and a have a moan! ;)

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20744 battles

View PostXandania, on 05 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Actually I have my manual fire extinguisher set the the "E" key. We don't need the extinguisher too often but I got used to this new configuration after a only couple of times being torched and now I can put out a fire in I'd say .2 of a second, probably faster than the auto. The E button is right above the D key for right turns and beside the W key for forwards so depending on what I'm doing I'll just tap the E key with either finger, usually the index 99% of the time. It used to be the 6 key but in the heat of battle, the 4,5 and 6 key can be wrongly pressed with devastating consequences and it's not practical or wise to be looking at the keyboard... hell, even the 3 can get accidentally pressed when trying to press 4 so instead of healing or repairing you just select a HE round to add insult to injury lol.. but now I am very happy and efficient with my control layout

Edited by TungstenHitman, 05 January 2018 - 05:36 PM.

Also tagged with Settings, Controls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users