this will be long one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16440 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

This is a long thread. You want a tl;dr? I'm moving up into Tier IX Finally and have posted my crew and equipment set-up, as well as what I have researched at the moment in the spoilers below and would like your opinions on them, as well as tips regarding the Tier IXs that I own.

So it's been almost 5 Years (a few months to go) and I just hit 13k games, and with 6 Tier IXs in my garage now, it's about time I finally try one out. But being the person I am, I am of course incredibly nervous about moving up into Tier IX. Moving up into Tier VIII Was a big process and even now I don't feel happy at times with my performance, though I have grown more comfortable playing Tier VIII And especially with the 48% Bonus for all of my tanks, I have played mostly solo for like a week now almost which if you'd ask me if I'd ever consider doing that when I first got into Tier VIII, I would say "God no!".

This bonus got me to power-grind through the T69 and Tiger II (T69 Was mostly done but also wasn't a tank I enjoyed taking out; and no I don't plan on buying the T54E1; while Tiger II Was one of the more recent Tier VIIIs I bought, though I went into it knowing how bad it is), and I'm going to work on the BC 12t which I recently acquired too as well as the 110, which will add more Tier IXs that I could purchase.

But let's get off that and get to the actual subject of the thread. Tier IX. More specifically, the Tier IXs I own. I like to own usually something like 6-8 Of the next tier before I move up into them, mainly so I have a selection of different tanks to play from that may vary wildly on playstyles. With the discounts, the added credits I've easily farmed with my new Hype 59 and Lorr 40t, I finally decided to buy more Tier IXs than the Skoda T 50, which I've owned for well over a year (I made a thread about what to use my Free XP On, to get the exact date that I bought it). I now own the E-75M103T-10FV4004 Conway and the T-55A Alongside the T 50. We're going to ignore the T-55A For now since that's a Premium, but we'll get back to it near the bottom. Firstly, let's look at the research progress on the 5 Tech tree tanks I own.

Spoiler

As you can see, for all of them I have used my Free XP Reserves to get the tracks and then (some of) the guns. I can live with not having the best radio or engine, though the Conway might be a bit sluggish with the stock engine, while having actually usable guns seems necessary. I recall reading that the M103's first 120mm is bearable enough for the grind to the E5, and similar for the T-10 With the BL-9. The E-75 I initially was going to play it with the 10.5cm, but considered otherwise namely after meeting a few E-75s doing such while grinding the Tiger II, and boy did I feel bad for them. 320 Alpha on a Tier IX Heavy just seems useless, so Free XP Away!

The Conway I don't care about the new (derp) gun, and the Skoda T 50 I made the mistake of actually using my Free XP On the non-autoloader gun, then getting the autoloader anyway as the T 50 Without the autoloader is like a Maus without armour (maybe not exactly that but you get the idea). I'm personally fine with my use of Free XP At the moment, but perhaps others have different opinions. Namely that I should just immediately get the top guns on the M103 or T-10, or perhaps the better engine on the Conway. I dunno, that's partly what this thread is for.

Now, let's look at my crew, ammo and equipment loadouts.

Spoiler

I'm not really planning on talking much about the actual ammo and equipment set-ups, that's more for you to look at and maybe suggest changing. The only one I can really say I want to throw the question out for is the T-10, which I considered Optics but chose EGLD Instead since the BL-9 Aims for 0.1 Second longer, as well as being slightly less accurate than the top gun, I thought it would be better. But hell if I know. What I mostly wanted to talk about here is my crew skills. My T-10 You can see is the worst crew, with the Commander at 3 Skills, while the rest is nearing the end of their second. Most of the others are atleast somewhat into their 3rd skills, if not higher as a few are at 4.

Looking at some of them, I'm not sure how I feel about my choices. Two of my M103 Crew have Camouflage as they're recently retrained from Lights so I'll be swapping that out for Repairs, so let's ignore that one specifically since I already plan on changing it. On 3 Of my Commanders (E-75, T-10 and Skoda T 50) I have JoAT Trained. For all 3 I can say this was done before we got regenerating repair kits/medkits, which I chose because if I had already used my kit and lost a crew member, I would prefer to not be crippled as much because of that. Nowadays this isn't too worrying, so I'm considering removing that, but perhaps someone thinks that is a mistake. The kits don't regenerate instantly of course, so perhaps it may be helpful to have during that duration. I'm not sure.

Otherwise, I'm concerned regarding Camouflage on my Conway. The Conway is a TD, so it has some camouflage but considering the size, it may not be really worth the skill. Mind you, Conway is also pretty paper, so any bit of extra camo might be a bit help. I'm not entirely sure, that one I'm not certain on. The T 50 Otherwise comes to mind. The crew is on their 4th skill and only now am I training Repairs. My 3rd skill choices are terrible IMO (I haven't played a Czech tank now in over a year, so I've never really looked at them until now and I'm questioning my choices greatly). I'm namely planning on removing the 3rd skills and switching them to Repairs so I have a full Repair crew, except for the Commander who sadly happens to also be the Radio Operator. I'm planning on removing JoAT And replacing it with Sit. Awareness, then with Recon (as Sit. Awareness is slightly better IIRC, and having Recon with that too can't be a bad thing as viewrange is always good to have).

Any suggestions/tips regarding those would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and did I mention we're coming back to the T-55A Now for a second? Before I even post the crew screenshot, I should highlight one thing. Previously I've never been too big into German trees. I got the Jagdtiger 8.8cm aaaagggess ago and basically that crew has went across most of my German tanks, being retrained to Mediums, Heavies, whatever. That's the crew currently in the E-75. Having gotten the T-55A And with nowhere else to put them, I put the female crew members I had available into it and well, yeah. That puts them as my worst Tier IX Crew. So yeah, the screenshot:

Should I have chosen Snapshot/Smooth Ride as second skills with Repairs first, or is this fine? I'm worried about not having Repairs at all because especially in brawly Medium, having no Repairs could be pretty painful if I've used my kit and it's still on regen, or using it at the wrong time. Just food for thought y'know.

That's basically most of what I can write here, though that doesn't necessarily mean the thread ends here (because BOY can I just keep typing), there's just a tiny bit more I want to add at the end here. Any tips regarding the tanks particularly would be greatly appreciated. I know for example the E-75 Is basically a Tiger II That isn't utter crap (my turret won't get penned by snapshotting ISs, yaaayy!), and the T-10 Is very strong hulldown while the armour is not as trollish as the IS-3 Tier-for-tier (namely lower plate needs to be hidden) though I assume reverse-sidescraping still works pretty well). Skoda T 50 Is no AMX 50 100 Or anything with insane clip damage, but basically hits like a Jaegeroo in what, 3.6 Seconds clip time and runs off? You get the idea. Any tips regarding the tanks will be helpful in some way.

yesiknowtheM103iscrapandimgoingtohateityoudontneedtotellmethat

Finally, I don't really plan on playing Tier Xs. Few of them interest me and I'm not really hyped for Tier X Gameplay. This might be useful knowledge for you regarding the tips you might want to give me. Namely the M103, which as I understand is basically crap but is like the Tiger II to the E-75, aka you slug through it to get the better tank. But since I'm not interested in Tier X, is it really worth it? Also, other Tier IXs I'm working towards would be the M46 Patton, T-54, WZ-111-1-4, AMX 13 90 and AMX 30 (don't care about the Batchats).

I could easily get to say the ST-I From the KV-4 If I wanted to, or the Jagdtiger, Obj. 704 or T30 But none of the Tier VIIIs there really say "Play me!", nor would I enjoy them or those Tier IXs anyway. If you want to write anything about those 5 (the M46 and whatnot, not the others that I listed just above this) too, feel free, like I said it always helps.

After all that, and namely since it's one of my threads, it's only customary that I end it with a cat gif.

EDIT: This might also be useful. My performance in the Tier VIIIs respective to the Tier IXs in the thread (Pz. VI B = Tiger II, if you didn't know. I renamed it)

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 06 January 2018 - 03:54 AM.

K_A #2 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Also, just experiment with stuff and don't worry if you see a dip in stats at the start. I find tier 9 maybe the most enjoyable tier in the whole game and it has some really nice tanks to choose from. You're never 2 tiers down so you're often fully capable of giving the tier 10's a run for their money, but you don't have the weight of having to carry the whole battle as the top tier in all battles there are.

EDIT I did read what tanks you are going for, and from what I have, the E-75 with the big alpha is really good at trading shots. Sidescraping is easy and the turret is a lot more durable than in the Tigers. T-10 on the other hand plays more like a heavium. Don't rely on the armour too much, it will often work against lower tiers but not against same tier or higher. The gun is a lot more accurate and feels better than on the IS-3 so feel free to even try snap shots every once in a while.

Edited by K_A, 06 January 2018 - 04:08 AM.

EltvilleTiger #3 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21215 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Too many words... I feel like I'm trying to grade a student's paper when I had no idea what topic I gave as the assignment.  My eyes hurt just looking at all of those words and you've hidden spoilers too.... ouch!  :)

Tier9, the credit cost increases as the expenses rise.  The German line seems a bit more costly than others, in my opinion.  You'll now feel the hurt of not having a fully researched tank so hopefully you have some free XP saved up.  You're doing fine and you have a good strategy to how you are tackling the top tiers.  I love my US and Soviet medium lines but I've also been enjoying the Soviet HT line.  The US HT line is kinda meh and I feel the E5 is just not that exciting compared to the other choices.  I'm heading up the Chinese line (currently grinding the WZ-120 tier 9) but these are just Soviet variants in so many ways.  

Love the cat gif. 

clixor #4 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51483 battles
For anything that doesn't have the best gun, just do your doubles in them, and at the point you have enough xp + free xp get the top gun as fast as you can.

Aikl #5 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
If you can handle T8 well, playing T9 well is mostly a matter of gaining experience and enjoying way better matchmaking.

Start with the tank closest to what you're familiar with, and grind like the wind with bonus, boosters and specials active.

Forumites channel is always open if you want to platoon. o7

UrQuan #6 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well on fun tanks you would likely enjoy, I would say that the T-10 would be the best T9 introduction tank. It has good mobility for a heavy & a great topgun (once all is unlocked). it is a favorite among good players for a reason after all.

I would use optics instead of the EGLD however, due to the base 400m viewrange it has on the topturret + to take additional advantage of the viewrange crewskills you're training. You'll have more profit from spotting extra targets to aim for rather then have a slightly faster aiming when standing still.

E-75 on the other hand is still a good heavy & can sidescrape very well indeed, plays like a good & classic heavy. Not much to add really, just that getting hit by HE will be more common that you like, even from guns you wouldn't expect it from.

Regarding the JOAT skill, I find it a beneficial skill to have when only one crewmember is hurt, so I don't have to waste a medkit cooldown right away. Only exception would be if the commander has a habit of dying, then I wouldn't take it for obvious reasons. Dunno the dying rate of commanders on those tanks tho.

On the T-55 & lack of repairskills, think it isn't too bad, thanks to the christmas bonus & the skill only being the second one (BiA is after all treated as free skill in the girls), the repair skill should be going up rather fast & be in good shape in a mere dozen battles

I do suspect that the skoda & conway will also be to your liking, but as my experience in these is low, I can't offer any meaningful advice.

M103 seems to be the least of picks to play imo; can't really remember the last one that gave me a scare.

Of T9 tanks you are working towards, AMX 13 90 would a nice choice for the next T9 to buy, simply to have a light tank to pick for T9.  It is also a strong light if it can make it to the endgame, as then it's a hyena, preying on the weak &damaged tanks remaining.

M46 Patton might also something you enjoy, people seem to enjoy it's gun handling & ridge combat abilities greatly.

Edit last bit: T9 is alot more enjoyable then T8 imo, due to the tier being very balanced, so watch out for those T9 meds! Unlike the mostly bad T8 med ones, the T9 meds are scary! Also you aren't getting bottomtier alot due more balanced spread + no tanks two tiers above you helps alot as well.

Edited by UrQuan, 06 January 2018 - 10:48 AM.

Eaglax #7 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

Block Quote

Should I have chosen Snapshot/Smooth Ride as second skills with Repairs first, or is this fine?

I would have done that.

Although it's a female crew so it shouldn't take too long to get the repair skill to a enjoyable level.

JoAT is now kinda useless imho, I reskilled the few commanders who had it trained

logaritmusnaturalis #8 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1703 battles
You're making out moving to tier 9 being some sort of a grand thing. It's no big deal man. Tier 9 is alot of fun, you will enjoy it. But I will warn you beforehand that tier 10 is a catastrophe, so don't be surprised when you're miserable after reaching tier 10. 

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47313 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I thought I had strange manners, but daaamn bruh.

Just play and see what you like. For instance, I really like the T-10, but can imagine that others prefer a bit more armor and play the E75. You really want the top gun on the T-10 btw, also counts for the M103. The M103 can have its moments definitely, but the armor just has too many weak points.

Suggestion, play 20 games in each tier 9 tank, then come back with replays, questions and thoughts?

edit: T9 gameplay >>>  t8 gameplay.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 06 January 2018 - 11:09 AM.

leggasiini #10 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14309 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Like Quan said, optics is way more useful than GLD on the T-10, even if the aimtime is bit longish on the stock gun. Considering the playstyle of the T-10, it greatly benefits from having a very good view range. High view range on a mobile platform with some armor is dangerously powerful tool, because with that it can take early positions and spot things fairly easily. It's worth it, far more than GLD.

And yeah, like you already mentioned, Situnational Awareness is flat out superior to Recon, as it actually gives slightly bigger view range boost than Recon.

Block Quote

Namely the M103, which as I understand is basically crap but is like the Tiger II to the E-75, aka you slug through it to get the better tank. But since I'm not interested in Tier X, is it really worth it?

While I agree that it's probably still better than the M103, the E5 is really no longer considered to be a good tank these days either; in fact, it is pretty mediocre, especially when compared majority of other tier 10 HTs (tho that might be just because how...strong...they are). That is just a prime example of how disgusting the powercreep is at tier 10. So you're not gonna miss much on that, especially if you're not interested in TX gameplay (which is perfectly understandable).

As for certain tanks:

• E 75 is a generic sidescraping heavy, very straightforward. It's like a Tiger II with armor that actually works and gun that is bit derpier but very punchy.
  • T-10 is not a real heavy at all, it is fatass medium. It has pretty good yoloing potential but it can do fairly good amount of other stuff. While it is better to go with mediums most of time, it is still capable of brawling HTs if it has top gun because 440 alpha and fantastic penetration (better than the IS-7, lol). Front armor is shit but turret is good, and it is capable of reverse sidescraping when pulled correctly so the armor can bounce a fair amount at times. My favorite tier 9, keeper and 3 marked :>
  • Never played M103, though I know that it is not really able to play front line that well and hulldown can help making the turret "a bit" better. 
  • Conway with 120 mm is extremely passive; the bloom + shitty alpha + huge size + low HP means that it is not super effective at close ranges, even as a support tank. You just want to...snipe. And because the camo is awful, you want to basically snipe as far away as possible, I.E very redline-y, selfish, damage farming type playstyle. More than the Charioteer, because Conway is not even that mobile as the Charioteer is. Bigger gun gives you alpha so you can play bit more aggressively, though, but even with that you can fail miserably if your not careful.
  • Skoda T 50 doesn't really differ all that much from your basic autoloaders, just that your clip is smaller so you cannot one-clip anything except lowtiers. However, your reload is so short that it is practically impossible to fully punish a Skoda during it's reload. It is a very, very strong tank in it's tier.

Edited by leggasiini, 06 January 2018 - 11:28 AM.

_underscored_ #11 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 58453 battles
  • [DR3DD] DR3DD

Dont be nervous. I've spent 50k games having fun and learning by doing silly mistakes playing silly tanks.

I know simply "dont be nervous" can be hard coming from certain mindsets or personalities, but like many things - it's easy once you get it.

Besides, for a decent player going from T8 to T9 requires almost no adjustment except for learning some more tanks.

Just remember, if you tryhard too much you will never pull off beautful shi7 like this:

https://www.youtube....Kwj1XwLwE#t=41m

(41:00)

logaritmusnaturalis #12 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1703 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 06 January 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Like Quan said, optics is way more useful than GLD on the T-10, even if the aimtime is bit longish on the stock gun. Considering the playstyle of the T-10, it greatly benefits from having a very good view range. High view range on a mobile platform with some armor is dangerously powerful tool, because with that it can take early positions and spot things fairly easily. It's worth it, far more than GLD.

And yeah, like you already mentioned, Situnational Awareness is flat out superior to Recon, as it actually gives slightly bigger view range boost than Recon.

While I agree that it's probably still better than the M103, the E5 is really no longer considered to be a good tank these days either; in fact, it is pretty mediocre, especially when compared majority of other tier 10 HTs (tho that might be just because how...strong...they are). That is just a prime example of how disgusting the powercreep is at tier 10. So you're not gonna miss much on that, especially if you're not interested in TX gameplay (which is perfectly understandable).

As for certain tanks:

• E 75 is a generic sidescraping heavy, very straightforward. It's like a Tiger II with armor that actually works and gun that is bit derpier but very punchy.
  • T-10 is not a real heavy at all, it is fatass medium. It has pretty good yoloing potential but it can do fairly good amount of other stuff. While it is better to go with mediums most of time, it is still capable of brawling HTs if it has top gun because 440 alpha and fantastic penetration (better than the IS-7, lol). Front armor is shit but turret is good, and it is capable of reverse sidescraping when pulled correctly so the armor can bounce a fair amount at times. My favorite tier 9, keeper and 3 marked :>
  • Never played M103, though I know that it is not really able to play front line that well and hulldown can help making the turret "a bit" better. 
  • Conway with 120 mm is extremely passive; the bloom + shitty alpha + huge size + low HP means that it is not super effective at close ranges, even as a support tank. You just want to...snipe. And because the camo is awful, you want to basically snipe as far away as possible, I.E very redline-y, selfish, damage farming type playstyle. More than the Charioteer, because Conway is not even that mobile as the Charioteer is. Bigger gun gives you alpha so you can play bit more aggressively, though, but even with that you can fail miserably if your not careful.
  • Skoda T 50 doesn't really differ all that much from your basic autoloaders, just that your clip is smaller so you cannot one-clip anything except lowtiers. However, your reload is so short that it is practically impossible to fully punish a Skoda during it's reload. It is a very, very strong tank in it's tier.

You can skip optics for vents if you have Situational awereness skill + BIA. 

Dava_117 #13 Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19508 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, I would suggest you to train BiA in all the crew. It's the most usefull skill, except 6th sense. 

For T-10, you may also try vents instead of GLD. IMO a general boost is better than a specific one, especially on a tank like T-10, that can perform well multiple role.

Just because you said you can get it quickly, I would suggest you to get the ST-I. It's superior as pure HT to both E75 and M103, being able to perform well almost any manouver an heavy tank need, from hulldown to sidescrape to facehug.

And don't be nervous. Tier 9 is the better high tier to play. The tanks are well balanced, you can't get +2mm and lots of T10 player will undertimate tier 9 tanks, leading to fatal errors (for them :justwait:   ;)  . You will have lots of fun! :)

Edited by Dava_117, 06 January 2018 - 01:07 PM.

iztok #14 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

> But being the person I am, I am of course incredibly nervous about moving up into Tier IX.

It's a game FFS! :sceptic: Stop making such a drama out of it.

Anyway, no one cares what you do. And those who do, most of the time you don't care about them. So just play for fun. :playing:

BR,  Iztok

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16440 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postlogaritmusnaturalis, on 06 January 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

You're making out moving to tier 9 being some sort of a grand thing. It's no big deal man. Tier 9 is alot of fun, you will enjoy it. But I will warn you beforehand that tier 10 is a catastrophe, so don't be surprised when you're miserable after reaching tier 10.  - As I said in the OP, I'm not really interested in Tier X At all. Mostly because I hate the idea of basically being permanently top tier, but also because few of the tanks interest me (the only one that comes to mind is the M48A5 Patton due to the buffs to it) and because it is such a balancing mess.

View Post_underscored_, on 06 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Dont be nervous. I've spent 50k games having fun and learning by doing silly mistakes playing silly tanks.

I know simply "dont be nervous" can be hard coming from certain mindsets or personalities, but like many things - it's easy once you get it.

Besides, for a decent player going from T8 to T9 requires almost no adjustment except for learning some more tanks. - The only thing I can really disagree with here is that I don't think of myself as that great of a player. Sure, stats say I'm good and raw damage and whatnot in tanks might be good but I don't feel that way. It's mostly because of my rather low battle count, where I constantly still get games where I sit there and think "Wow, I have absolutely NO idea where to go". Making the best use of my tank is something I don't do enough in my opinion, and too often I auto-pilot to positions based on my tank class and whatnot when I should probably experiment more. This is **** I can easily get away with in say a Tier VI/VII, but I don't believe I can really do as effective in a Tier IX.

View Postiztok, on 06 January 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Hi!

> But being the person I am, I am of course incredibly nervous about moving up into Tier IX.

It's a game FFS! :sceptic: Stop making such a drama out of it.

Anyway, no one cares what you do. And those who do, most of the time you don't care about them. So just play for fun. :playing: - Just saying "don't be nervous, play for fun" doesn't really help me IMHO. It's not going to change how I go into games. As I say below, it's just how I am. If I'm top tier for example, I'm pretty stressed about it because I have a bare minimum standard I hope to achieve otherwise I feel I'm a worthless top tier. And that isn't something I can just say "Hey stop doing that" too, because that's been something I've always had when gaming. It's why I absolutely despise games with only one life, i.e Siege where some friends constantly try to force me into playing MP When I'm happy enough and enjoy THunt. If I'm not performing to a standard that I set on myself subconsciously, I'm going to get more and more annoyed, leading to less fun. :P

BR,  Iztok

It's just how I am. I think in WoT Specifically it dates back to my newb days where I immediately rushed up to the KV-1S, which if you were to look at my stats is depressing (43% WR, 450+ average DPB. I was so stupid back then I refused to use the 122mm out of spite) and that was pretty much a big sign telling me to go back and just learn ****. In the same way I'm doing Tier IX Now, I moved up to Tier VI, VII and VIII. I've left some direct responses to each post in the quotes in bold, so this tiny part as well in case you missed that.

View PostEltvilleTiger, on 06 January 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

You'll now feel the hurt of not having a fully researched tank so hopefully you have some free XP saved up.

Oh, I've felt that before to be fair. At most tiers. Mind you, Tier IX Will be especially mean in that regard since obviously, higher and higher XP Costs as you go up. I have something like 330k Free XP And every now and again grind some more (the last two days for example I played nothing but Hype 59 and Lorr 40t to make back 150k that I had already spent on Tier IXs).

View Postclixor, on 06 January 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

For anything that doesn't have the best gun, just do your doubles in them, and at the point you have enough xp + free xp get the top gun as fast as you can.

Sadly I don't think that's happening, though we'll see. I've never really been into playing multiple different tanks at once, which is ironic because the friend I mostly platoon with can't do what I do. Normally when I play I select one tank and I stick to playing only that. If I'm platooning then sure, if we all have an extra tank at that tier we might just jump into another tank while the first is still in battle but for the most part, I select that one tank and that's all I play for a session. Just playing a tank purely for doubles has just never been something I enjoy. I remember doing that a few times with x5s and it just annoyed me, because whereas I might do one tank on the first game, another tank might take 4-5 And well, you get the idea.

Also I kinda enjoy my usual strategy because it means I settle for one playstyle that I have to stick to while playing. I don't have to go from playing a super passive scout immediately to a in-the-thick-of-it Heavy brawler. :popcorn:

View PostUrQuan, on 06 January 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

On the T-55 & lack of repairskills, think it isn't too bad, thanks to the christmas bonus & the skill only being the second one (BiA is after all treated as free skill in the girls), the repair skill should be going up rather fast & be in good shape in a mere dozen battles

I feel like someone else also mentioned the T-55A Part but I'm constantly skipping over it, or maybe I'm just imagining it, oh well. Humorously, even though that seems logical to play while this special is active to get the best out of crewtraining, it's also the one I'm most concerned about playing for exactly that. I'll have to force myself to play it probably. :hiding:

As for certain tanks:

I can't believe i'm going to say it but I'll probably miss the Tiger 10.5cm. 320 Alpha with 9 Seconds reload left a bit to be desired, but for the most part the gun sung like an angel and rarely let me down, which was the only redeeming factor of the tank. The E-75 Gun I don't imagine to be MUCH worse, but still, I'll miss it nonetheless.

AtleastitisntT69LevelofderpyIbet

View PostDava_117, on 06 January 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Just because you said you can get it quickly, I would suggest you to get the ST-I. It's superior as pure HT to both E75 and M103, being able to perform well almost any manouver an heavy tank need, from hulldown to sidescrape to facehug.

I could get it probably pretty quickly, but it would also mean grinding through the KV-4. Saying that in the presence of UrQuan is heresy, but it's just not a tank I have ever considered I would enjoy. Back in the day I actually was grinding towards it for HT-15, but somehow managed that in the KV-3, which I absolutely hated. I've also not heard too many good things about the ST-I From a few folks playing it, and it also got slightly nerfed with the HD Model. I don't care too much about that mind you, but I do care about one (stupid) thing.

Spoiler

Luckily there's actually a mod to fix it. The T-55A Is the same, I've actually had it model-swapped to the WZ-120 Purely because I hate the "HD Model" for it. It's horrific.

View PostUrQuan, on 06 January 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

I would use optics instead of the EGLD however, due to the base 400m viewrange it has on the topturret + to take additional advantage of the viewrange crewskills you're training. You'll have more profit from spotting extra targets to aim for rather then have a slightly faster aiming when standing still.

View PostDava_117, on 06 January 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

For T-10, you may also try vents instead of GLD. IMO a general boost is better than a specific one, especially on a tank like T-10, that can perform well multiple role.

I have never really been into Vents. If I can't mount say VStabs sure, but Vents has always been on the lower end of equipment to me otherwise unless it's a tank I absolutely want to max the DPM On (but I also don't really care for that most of the time. How much would 0.04 Faster reload matter most of the time against say Optics, which might boost my viewrange by a good 10-20m). If I'm swapping EGLD For anything it'll be Optics, and I most likely give it a shot.

That's all the stuff I pretty much wanted to directly respond to, though I have read basically everything else.

FluffyRedFox #16 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 22971 battles
you can do it Pansy I believe in you

Kartoshkaya #17 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
Those threads about "Read my entire life in wot" are getting really annoying and ridiculous.

lord_chipmonk #18 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostKartoshkaya, on 06 January 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

Those threads about "Read my entire life in wot" are getting really annoying and ridiculous.

So don't read them?

Kartoshkaya #19 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 06 January 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

So don't read them?

I'm not retarded enough to read them, but they still be ridiculous.

lord_chipmonk #20 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostKartoshkaya, on 06 January 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

I'm not retarded enough to read them, but they still be ridiculous.

Well, you did bother to spend the time to post...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users