chat still doesn't work correctly

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27223 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

the chat system still doesn't work as it should.

sometimes I get empty messages from people, I mean the box for the conversation is blinking, as when there is a new message waiting, but when I open it, there is nothing.

the same happens often when I send a message to others, they get the same, no message to be read.

I then have to ask them to write again or they ask me.

Problem is, I don't know when a message was sent successfully, and if they don't ask for me to repeat, they may never get my message...

and yesterday, I sent a message, I could read it in the chat log and the recipient could read it, but when I closed and opened the chat again, it was gone !!

can WG please fix the chat once for all ?

what is exactly the problem with getting such a simple function to work properly ?

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 06 January 2018 - 11:28 AM.

malachi6 #2 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49881 battles
Conflating internet technology and simple really does prove the stuff we take for granted.

Aikl #3 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25540 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
At this point I recommend being happy it's just this, relatively minor, issue being ignored and/or "fixed" repeatedly - and not something worse. Oh, and be happy you don't work for a company where this seems to be the policy.

By their handling of the chat issues, they've managed to set the bar for handling EU-specific issues. Note how differently the global issues were communicated and fixed. Information, quickly promised compensation, none of the fumbling about that we've become so familiar with.
( I.e. expect the worst if it's just us, as WGEU either don't care, don't know, have lost their ability to speak or thinks not saying anything at all is good PR.)

_TotaS_ #4 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25593 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
Exaclly I have same problem. And some times when I need to recruit Im sending msgs and players recive only 140 symbols. Cuting msg in to smaller parts doesnt work as well because ad end player recives only last 140 symbols.

HassenderZerhacker #5 Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27223 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postmalachi6, on 06 January 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Conflating internet technology and simple really does prove the stuff we take for granted.

I am a website developer and I confirm everyone should take a properly functioning chat for granted.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yeah, it's still buggy as hell.
Didn't they claim that they fixed all issues?

SuedKAT #7 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I've also found that I have issues with platoons that I connect to the chat being how it is. When the chat is working as it should I can invite people and they can invite me to a platoon, when it's not working as it should I get all the platoon invites the next time I logon assuming the chat is working then. As an example 2 days ago I couldn't use the chat, yesterday when I logged on I had 6 platoon invites waiting for me but everyone that had invited me was offline.

I run zero mods and the game behaves like this on multiple systems.

qpranger #8 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32423 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OP, why are you surprised about getting empty messages? Many people play WOT devoid of any rational thought, so it is no wonder they cannot think of anything to write either and just click Send aimlessly.

Bitter_Kipper #9 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23726 battles

View PostAikl, on 06 January 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

At this point I recommend being happy it's just this, relatively minor, issue being ignored and/or "fixed" repeatedly - and not something worse. Oh, and be happy you don't work for a company where this seems to be the policy.

By their handling of the chat issues, they've managed to set the bar for handling EU-specific issues. Note how differently the global issues were communicated and fixed. Information, quickly promised compensation, none of the fumbling about that we've become so familiar with.
( I.e. expect the worst if it's just us, as WGEU either don't care, don't know, have lost their ability to speak or thinks not saying anything at all is good PR.)

I would not be surprised if WG Europe has been told to sit down and stfu. Every time they try to communicate recently (the last year) it has turned into a disaster.

There does not seem to be anyone in charge of the EU message.

If there is they must have dirt on someone cause I would have slung their hook long ago.

HassenderZerhacker #10 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27223 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

it doesn't get better.

I try to get players into the clan and people just get empty messages !

and I don't even know who got it and who didn't !

:angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users