unfair plane kemp bush stetpedder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

SABAOTH #1 Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Why don't you at least test changing the concept of arty to something less passive?

Give it normal tanks HP and historical armor (where is supposed to have it)

Make it appear on the map for every shell it shots

Make it decently mobile so they can relocate

Sure it would work best with bigger maps, but might be surprisingly good and actually reduce the arty hate. It worked for those guys who copied world of tanks. :girl:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27199 battles
The guys who's product is dead in the water? Mebbe not...

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36874 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSABAOTH, on 06 January 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Why don't you at least test changing the concept of arty to something less passive?

Give it normal tanks HP and historical armor (where is supposed to have it)

Make it appear on the map for every shell it shots

Make it decently mobile so they can relocate

Sure it would work best with bigger maps, but might be surprisingly good and actually reduce the arty hate. It worked for those guys who copied world of tanks. :girl:

That is actually a very good idea - making arty visible on the map after every shot fired would certainly help to reduce the hatred.

+ 1 sir:medal:

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36874 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 06 January 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Doesn't matter if their product is dead, the concept is sound.

KillingJoker #5 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31231 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

arty will allways be hated while the game mechanics allow it to punish non-statical targets...

a guy who is sit in the exact same place spoted, cant be mad for taking arty shots, yet, what is most anoying about artillery is the continuous atempt to stunt and damage

players who are taking offensive initiative, and that only happens because arty mechanics are badly implemented

arty is too easy to play and too unfair, and because of that will allways be hated, unless they significantly change arty into a point the hits are way more dificult to do

in moving targets,...

this topic like the others will be closed by moderators using the regular claim there is a "universal arty topic".... 

SuedKAT #6 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I recently started playing arty to do the missions, I found that on loads of maps it's super easy to counter arty, I do it all the time and get angry "reported cheater" PM's a lot now. On quite a few maps arty pretty much have 1 spot to sit in, the worst example is probably Mines, especially south spawn, it's ridiculously easy to counter arty in that location, if you'd been spotted after firing that would be even easier and you would get picked of in an instant, if not by arty by someone else. 

I like the idea and I liked how it worked in AW, but I don't see it as viable on the maps we got in WoT, at least not a majority of them. 

Envoy_MT #7 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37548 battles
  • [JSTCE] JSTCE
We want more cips eater clickers... Make arty great again...

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36874 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 January 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

I recently started playing arty to do the missions, I found that on loads of maps it's super easy to counter arty, I do it all the time and get angry "reported cheater" PM's a lot now. On quite a few maps arty pretty much have 1 spot to sit in, the worst example is probably Mines, especially south spawn, it's ridiculously easy to counter arty in that location, if you'd been spotted after firing that would be even easier and you would get picked of in an instant, if not by arty by someone else.

I like the idea and I liked how it worked in AW, but I don't see it as viable on the maps we got in WoT, at least not a majority of them.

shhhhhhhhhh

Don't say that!

Don't you know that EVERYONE hates arty and that it has NO counter!

:ohmy:

SuedKAT #9 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 06 January 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

shhhhhhhhhh

Don't say that!

Well if people moved a little bit after they fire that's true, but most don't, but then again I've been counter artied twice my self so it seems like it's pretty rare that anyone ever bothers with it which I find strange due to how easy it is to do in many occasions. 

Edit: I always look at the normal arty positions between my reloads but don't take my aim there, and I always look there when at the start of the game since enemy arty tends to shoot at what ever gets spotted first. Then it's super easy most of the time to narrow it down to a bush or a location they sit in and just drop a shell there.

Edited by SuedKAT, 06 January 2018 - 06:26 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36874 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 January 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Well if people moved a little bit after they fire that's true, but most don't, but then again I've been counter artied twice my self so it seems like it's pretty rare that anyone ever bothers with it which I find strange due to how easy it is to do in many occasions.

I firmly believe arty has a place in this game and that it can be countered.

There are however, those that walk amongst us (barely keeping their knuckles off the ground) that would have you believe otherwise.

SuedKAT #11 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 06 January 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I firmly believe arty has a place in this game and that it can be countered.

There are however, those that walk amongst us (barely keeping their knuckles off the ground) that would have you believe otherwise.

Well I think a lot of the arty hate is justified, especially before they reworked it and I still think it's to little risk vs reward, especially at low/mid tiers were a lot of tanks still take significant damage from arty. A mechanic like OP suggested would make it more balanced, but at the same time I don't see how it would work on a lot of the maps we got at the moment since arty don't really have the space to move around on a lot of them. 

Tidal_Force #12 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16123 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 06 January 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

shhhhhhhhhh

Don't say that!

Geee. What a great and universally applicable counter. Tell me how E50M is supposed to counter arty?

Trying to treat cancer by getting cancer means that even if it works, you still have cancer.

Not that I'm surprised YOU would say something that dumb.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 06 January 2018 - 07:01 PM.

UserZer00 #13 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8922 battles
You can make the best suggestion ever and still get a huge amount of replies saying the only solution is to remove arty....

After that it will be remove invisible TDs....

Then one shot tanks....

Etc.

Good suggestion though

SABAOTH #14 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 06 January 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

IS not dead because of that mechanics that actually made artillery merge with the game, rather their mistake was to fire obsidian. :coin:

gav00 #15 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7295 battles

As an arty player, i wouldnt even mind if i became spotted after every shot, heck, even yell my position to the enemy team each time i fire and keep me spotted for as long as you want, i'll do my best to avoid counter battery. 

In return i would like to be able to influence the battle again somewhat. The low alpha and stun mechanic can not stop an advance like arty used to.

At the moment it feels like artillery is purely there as an annoyance since it dosen't put the fear of god into the enemy any more. That is what it is designed for.

Someone who predicts the future of a battle as much as to be completely prepared when the enemy start to rush, should not be rewarded with minimal damage and a stun which dosen't actually seem to do much.

Especially not since the enemy can just keep reusing their consumables. (Also half of players nowadays use mods to activate their consumables instantly, which negates anything arty can do).

Also counter battery is just as common as always, most arty can still one shot (or severely damage) each other and the extended splash radius makes it easier to do so.

I know everyone complains about artillery but it works both ways, artillery can not support you very well any more.

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10375 battles
Remove arty please

Sfinski #17 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30573 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostSABAOTH, on 06 January 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Sure it would work best with bigger maps, but might be surprisingly good and actually reduce the arty hate. It worked for those guys who copied world of tanks. :girl:

Only thing that can reduce the arty hate is removing the aspect why arty is hated. Like we saw this last rework, where they didn't touch the ability to fire indirectly, arty is hated as much as ever. Giving it those buffs and nerfs you described wouldn't change a thing. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #18 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15013 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 January 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

From playing arty and sometimes counter-batterying (though if it doesn't instantly kill them, good luck getting them again unless it's like a GW Tiger for example). Mind you, going from that to normal tanks again actually made me more annoyed at arty sometimes. It's not uncommon that I ping the likely arty spot, ask our arty to try to counterbattery there's and.. nothing. I had a game in my 110 The other night where I sadly had to sit through 5 Shots from an M53/M55 Before killing me (someone will just say "atleast it wasn't one right?"), pinging where he is and asking our arty to atleast try to counterbattery after 3 Of them. And again, as I said, nothing.

Sadly that's a player problem, but does piss me off more. I think I've had it actually work once, which was nice to see. Otherwise I'm probably going to give up with it since they don't even try to listen (God forbid they look away at chat for a minute for some helpful information), though I'm going to stick to asking people to ping where arty is when they get hit when I'm driving arty, which has on the other hand worked, oh wait, maybe twice (some people man). :P

gav00 #19 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7295 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 06 January 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

From playing arty and sometimes counter-batterying (though if it doesn't instantly kill them, good luck getting them again unless it's like a GW Tiger for example). Mind you, going from that to normal tanks again actually made me more annoyed at arty sometimes. It's not uncommon that I ping the likely arty spot, ask our arty to try to counterbattery there's and.. nothing. I had a game in my 110 The other night where I sadly had to sit through 5 Shots from an M53/M55 Before killing me (someone will just say "atleast it wasn't one right?"), pinging where he is and asking our arty to atleast try to counterbattery after 3 Of them. And again, as I said, nothing.

Sadly that's a player problem, but does piss me off more. I think I've had it actually work once, which was nice to see. Otherwise I'm probably going to give up with it since they don't even try to listen (God forbid they look away at chat for a minute for some helpful information), though I'm going to stick to asking people to ping where arty is when they get hit when I'm driving arty, which has on the other hand worked, oh wait, maybe twice (some people man). :P

Well from artillery's point of view, he was probably looking for the enemy arty but without a precise position he would be literally wasting his time looking for 1 tracer per minute, rather than lining up shots on spotted tanks.

Counter battery only works at the beginning of a battle before everyone is spotted, or when the battle starts to die down and you can be 100% sure that there will be no push.

Any other time it is a waste and will result in low damage and being unable to do any proper support.

Kartoshkaya #20 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22669 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 06 January 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Remove arty please

This

Also tagged with unfair, plane, kemp, bush, stetpedder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users