Jump to content


Wich tank too choose from


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

anoh #1 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8502 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

this is going to be my first tier 9 so i want it to be good. I always wanted the bc 25 t so i figured i would grind to it so i put my 40% and 30% on that and the bc 25 t ap but i am starting to wonder if i may want to get the amx 13 90 i am now on the bc 12 t an it is such a big change in gameplay i have no idea how to play a bc 25 t ap but i do know very well how to play a light such as the amx 13 90 ? I really imagine having fun in the bc 25 t ap but im probably going to play like sh*t and dont be a really bad player at tier 9? What whould your choice be? I am really afraid of not feeling good about my first tier 9?



HugSeal #2 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:26 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22717 battles
  • 2,138
  • [SWEC] SWEC
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

Neither. You would do better to drop down a few tiers rather than advancing.And no, you don't know very well how to play such  a light tank.

 

 I know I may come off as elitist but both you and your team will enoy the game more if you play at a level you are somewhat more competent in. There is no inherent value in rushing tiers.

 

I would probably not recomend a line of squisy autoloaders for you though.

 

As for which line the french light line is actually somewhat decent, but the meds are solid aswell. It boils down to camo and mobility versus pen and clip potential.


Edited by HugSeal, 07 January 2018 - 02:27 AM.


Derethim #3 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:36 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17807 battles
  • 1,997
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostHugSeal, on 07 January 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

 

I agree with HugSeal, except for the thing about autoloaders - if you played through the AMX12t, the AMX 13 75 and the BC12t, you should at least start grasping the basics of autoloaders, such as retreating when reloading, being careful with your clip, reloading when you have time to etc.

 

If I was you, though, I'd go back as far as either the AMX 12t or the AMX 13 75 and learn to play those to perfection, trying to be at least in the first 5 on your team by XP every time you play :)

And remember, these tanks are light tanks - scouts. You have the most viewrange for your team, you are the eyes of your team. You shouldn't die early as they will need someone in the late game to spot those nasty TDs kemping bush on the redline, without getting hit.

You also have 100% camo on the move in a light tank, but you hopefully know that.

 

EDIT: Oh, and lastly, if you don't suffer when playing the BC12t like I did, unlock all of the lines. I did. It was painful.

EDIT 2: Feel free to post some replays here through wotreplays.


Edited by Derethim, 07 January 2018 - 02:38 AM.


anoh #4 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:46 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8502 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostHugSeal, on 07 January 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

Neither. You would do better to drop down a few tiers rather than advancing.And no, you don't know very well how to play such  a light tank.

 

 I know I may come off as elitist but both you and your team will enoy the game more if you play at a level you are somewhat more competent in. There is no inherent value in rushing tiers.

 

I would probably not recomend a line of squisy autoloaders for you though.

 

As for which line the french light line is actually somewhat decent, but the meds are solid aswell. It boils down to camo and mobility versus pen and clip potential.

Okay even if i drop down to lets say tier 6 or 7 i play through them in a few days or so should i just go go on to other tier 6 and 7 Why whould i not advance i am keeping some tier 6 and lower but Why would i not buy a tier 9 and i can at least see IF i do crapor not in it if that is the case i Will just learn to play it otherwise i Will never get good in it.



Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:46 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39204 battles
  • 5,273
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postanoh, on 07 January 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

this is going to be my first tier 9 so i want it to be good. I always wanted the bc 25 t so i figured i would grind to it so i put my 40% and 30% on that and the bc 25 t ap but i am starting to wonder if i may want to get the amx 13 90 i am now on the bc 12 t an it is such a big change in gameplay i have no idea how to play a bc 25 t ap but i do know very well how to play a light such as the amx 13 90 ? I really imagine having fun in the bc 25 t ap but im probably going to play like sh*t and dont be a really bad player at tier 9? What whould your choice be? I am really afraid of not feeling good about my first tier 9?

 

Do as you see fit man.

It's all good:)



anoh #6 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8502 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostDerethim, on 07 January 2018 - 02:36 AM, said:

I agree with HugSeal, except for the thing about autoloaders - if you played through the AMX12t, the AMX 13 75 and the BC12t, you should at least start grasping the basics of autoloaders, such as retreating when reloading, being careful with your clip, reloading when you have time to etc.

 

If I was you, though, I'd go back as far as either the AMX 12t or the AMX 13 75 and learn to play those to perfection, trying to be at least in the first 5 on your team by XP every time you play :)

And remember, these tanks are light tanks - scouts. You have the most viewrange for your team, you are the eyes of your team. You shouldn't die early as they will need someone in the late game to spot those nasty TDs kemping bush on the redline, without getting hit.

You also have 100% camo on the move in a light tank, but you hopefully know that.

 

EDIT: Oh, and lastly, if you don't suffer when playing the BC12t like I did, unlock all of the lines. I did. It was painful.

EDIT 2: Feel free to post some replays here through wotreplays.

I see where You are going but they are such a different playstyle even if i get really good in the amx 13 75 i feel like it wont really help in those mediums and im not going to play amx 13 75 again it is really. I am accualy really enjoying my time in the bc 12 t but not so much i am able to grind 600 k exp in it.

 



HugSeal #7 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22717 battles
  • 2,138
  • [SWEC] SWEC
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View Postanoh, on 07 January 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

Okay even if i drop down to lets say tier 6 or 7 i play through them in a few days or so should i just go go on to other tier 6 and 7 Why whould i not advance i am keeping some tier 6 and lower but Why would i not buy a tier 9 and i can at least see IF i do crapor not in it if that is the case i Will just learn to play it otherwise i Will never get good in it.

 

Basically at higher tiers people in general play slightly better. So there's a higher risk of you feeling less in control over the game and outplayed which at lest I find less entertaining when i thapens to me.

 

The why not question can easily be turned around to ust "why" aswell.

 

But in the end it is rally up to you, you might get some abuse from "omgI'msopro" players and you may feel outplayed but eh, you can always turn chat off :D

 

One of the best way I found to improve is to take every game I did little in (less than your tanks hp in damage, or fo light tanks some decent damage and assist) and see if I can find out what I did wrong. Some times I are simply bottom tier and my top tiers melt, not much to do then. But some games are lost because I didn't do enough and in those cases it's nice to see what I ca change up.

 

Also, don't be afraid to upload replays to wotreplays and post the link here asking for advice, there's some very skilled friendly players here.

 

As for the bc12t. I don't know whats the matter with me but I atually didn't mind it too much, there was a lot of grinding on it (313 games, but that was with unlocking the 1390 while it was still tier 8) but it gave me time to 3mark it even with my fluctuating play. Somehow managed a 66% winrate in it and a wn8 of 3348 which is quite a bit above my average.

 

I even got one of my better games all time for a tier 8 in that thing, 5,2k dmg 1541 xp.


Edited by HugSeal, 07 January 2018 - 03:03 AM.


anoh #8 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8502 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostHugSeal, on 07 January 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

 

Basically at higher tiers people in general play slightly better. So there's a higher risk of you feeling less in control over the game and outplayed which at lest I find less entertaining when i thapens to me.

 

The why not question can easily be turned around to ust "why" aswell.

 

But in the end it is rally up to you, you might get some abuse from "omgI'msopro" players and you may feel outplayed but eh, you can always turn chat off :D

 

One of the best way I found to improve is to take every game I did little in (less than your tanks hp in damage, or fo light tanks some decent damage and assist) and see if I can find out what I did wrong. Some times I are simply bottom tier and my top tiers melt, not much to do then. But some games are lost because I didn't do enough and in those cases it's nice to see what I ca change up.

 

Also, don't be afraid to upload replays to wotreplays and post the link here asking for advice, there's some very skilled friendly players here.

 

As for the bc12t. I don't know whats the matter with me but I atually didn't mind it too much, there was a lot of grinding on it (313 games, but that was with unlocking the 1390 while it was still tier 8) but it gave me time to 3mark it even with my fluctuating play. Somehow managed a 66% winrate in it and a wn8 of 3348 which is quite a bit above my average.

 

I even got one of my better games all time for a tier 8 in that thing, 5,2k dmg 1541 xp.

Im probably going to wait a while and maybe i can test it on the test server when You can play that again. But really 300 games 3 marks and 66 % winrate and ofcourse 3300 wn8 is really good! Just sade You where from sweden too! Good having some swedes playing!

 


Edited by anoh, 07 January 2018 - 03:29 AM.


gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11429 battles
  • 2,274
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 07 January 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

 

Do as you see fit man.

It's all good:)

 

this ^

 

I got the 13 90 after light changes, have not played it much. Recently bought the BC 25ap, have not played it much. Both seem nice tanks to me though, following the bc 12t gameplay.

One thing to keep in mind, as the BC is a med, you might not have a decent crew for it? I would not recommend starting a new crew at tier 9. Or convert the light to med, but then you cannot drop down easy without losing alot of xp again.

 



anoh #10 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8502 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 07 January 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

 

this ^

 

I got the 13 90 after light changes, have not played it much. Recently bought the BC 25ap, have not played it much. Both seem nice tanks to me though, following the bc 12t gameplay.

One thing to keep in mind, as the BC is a med, you might not have a decent crew for it? I would not recommend starting a new crew at tier 9. Or convert the light to med, but then you cannot drop down easy without losing alot of xp again.

 

 

cant i just retrain my bc 12 t crew with gold to a 100 % medium tank crew because i have a 2 Woman out of 3 crew on it?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30589 battles
  • 2,582
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Keep the 12t and slowly work your way towards getting the XP for the 25tAP as well.  Meantime get the 1390 as the 1390 play style is much close to the 12t than the 25tAP so you'll be more in your comfort zone. 

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22488 battles
  • 6,693
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

Definitely agree with Hugseal on this one.

 

In the end however it is up to you but you will inherently perform worse in a tier IX than in a tier VIII. Everyone does.

 

I would advise getting the real experience in the tier VI 12t, play that until you have 1/2 marks of excellence and manage to keep a win rate above 50%. Then do the same with the next tier and so on.

 

Once you start grasping them in a more advanced way you'll find yourself enjoying battles more and knowing exactly whatyou should be doing and when, rather than doing the same things over and over again.

 

A 40% win rate at tier VI shows you haven't quite grasped the playstyle yet, and while your avg damage and win rate lifts slightly on the tier VII (a much better tank anyway) I suspect that's mostly down to luck as they drop back down on the tier VIII.

 

At tier VI you need to be causing roughly 1k combined (damage and assist) per game to be seen as being remotely useful. Your average 108 assistance damage and average 1 spot in the tier VI shows how you're playing the tank, way too passive and trying to farm damage.


Edited by RamRaid90, 07 January 2018 - 12:07 PM.


Enforcer1975 #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,935
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View Postanoh, on 07 January 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

Okay even if i drop down to lets say tier 6 or 7 i play through them in a few days or so should i just go go on to other tier 6 and 7 Why whould i not advance i am keeping some tier 6 and lower but Why would i not buy a tier 9 and i can at least see IF i do crapor not in it if that is the case i Will just learn to play it otherwise i Will never get good in it.

Take a look at your stats. https://en.wot-life....eu/player/anoh/

You don't have a single tank with green stats. Most of your tanks are red and black which is bot level bad. Your damage output is....meh. you have slightly more than 1/3 of my games but more tanks. Good players don't tell bad players to stick to mid tiers and learn the ropes there for no reason. You are doing yourself a favor not to rush tiers like a bot. Many players didn't even have a tier 8 tank let alone a tier 8 premium until they had like 8-10k games. Imo trying to play through the french LT line is a bad idea. I am currently playing them and you really need to work a lot to be effective and survive to endgame. Making a bad move is instantly punished because you have such low health. I already bought the BC12t but didn't play it yet until i feel ready.  

 



Jigabachi #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,620
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
You should definitely wait with moving up the tiers and move down again instead to get a bit more experience with maps and tactics.
In your lower tiers you're doing ok'ish, but in the higher tiers you'll definitely be a burden for your teams.

Besides that, you should also try to write like you (hopefully) learned it at elementary school, otherwise you make it really hard for people to read your posts.

thiextar #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15471 battles
  • 532
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012
You should try to learn the game before going to such high tiers. Not just the specific gameplay style of the tank, but just in general learn the game.

anoh #16 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8502 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 07 January 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

You should definitely wait with moving up the tiers and move down again instead to get a bit more experience with maps and tactics.
In your lower tiers you're doing ok'ish, but in the higher tiers you'll definitely be a burden for your teams.

Besides that, you should also try to write like you (hopefully) learned it at elementary school, otherwise you make it really hard for people to read your posts.

I am from sweden and am a 5 grader so dont judge my writing. But for a fifth grader in sweden i am very good in english...



Derethim #17 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17807 battles
  • 1,997
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012
Out of the whole line the Batat 12t is probably the hardest to play tho

anoh #18 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8502 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostDerethim, on 07 January 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Out of the whole line the Batat 12t is probably the hardest to play tho

 

I would say that the bc 25 t ap is the hardest bacause of its 45 sec reload.

 



Derethim #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17807 battles
  • 1,997
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Postanoh, on 07 January 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

I would say that the bc 25 t ap is the hardest bacause of its 45 sec reload.

 

 

Don't have that one, I hate autoloaders with long reloads. Too passive/snipey gameplay for me.

Enforcer1975 #20 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,935
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View Postanoh, on 07 January 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

I would say that the bc 25 t ap is the hardest bacause of its 45 sec reload.

 

 

 You can't really judge a tank by just one feature.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users