Jump to content


Gold ammo all the time

gold ammo

  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

CrazyIrish #1 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15427 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

The mass use of gold ammo in my opinion totally imbalanced the game. Gold ammo is present now on all levels of play with players shooting just gold (from tier 5 to tier 10 more than half shots on me were done with gold ammo and I saw people playing tier 3 tanks that just shoot gold). Heavy armor tanks are useless now as the only mobility counts, armor is totally irrelevant if you shoot gold all of the time, pushing with armor stops being viable and only rush mobility tactics seem to work. Any tank duel is absurd if one of the tanks shoots gold, so regular none premium players are basically winning if their side has more gold "warriors' because they cant keep up with expenses of shooting gold ammo. 

 

Did other people notice this gold trend and what do you people think will this ruin the game we so much love?



Xandania #2 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35434 battles
  • 989
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013
Let the Christmas bonus on credit earning and the stockpiles it brought deplete and it will all return to normal - hopefully :)

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20515 battles
  • 10,537
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostCrazyIrish, on 07 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Heavy armor tanks are useless now as the only mobility counts, armor is totally irrelevant if you shoot gold all of the time, pushing with armor stops being viable and only rush mobility tactics seem to work.

Did other people notice this gold trend and what do you people think will this ruin the game we so much love?

Time to switch tanks and tactics? 

In case you didn't notice we have quite a few tanks where you need premium ammo to pen the weakspots and some tanks have so shitty pen that they only work with premium ammo spam. 

 

View PostXandania, on 07 January 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Let the Christmas bonus on credit earning and the stockpiles it brought deplete and it will all return to normal - hopefully :)

I haven't really noticed increased premium spam in any tier....just some tryhards who spam it even when top tier. 


 

AliceUnchained #4 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,784
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011
Oh gee look, this again. Try adding your opinion to the countless other threads touching this subject next time, instead of creating yet another (needless) thread about it. Also, stop exaggerating. It seems extremely unlikely half the shots fired at you were premium rounds, unless you're talking about a handful of games only, where you were shot at only a few times, and you decided to ignore all other games which did not fit your baseless claim.

Laur_Balaur_XD #5 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35393 battles
  • 640
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostCrazyIrish, on 07 January 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

The mass use of gold ammo in my opinion totally imbalanced the game. Gold ammo is present now on all levels of play with players shooting just gold (from tier 5 to tier 10 more than half shots on me were done with gold ammo and I saw people playing tier 3 tanks that just shoot gold). Heavy armor tanks are useless now as the only mobility counts, armor is totally irrelevant if you shoot gold all of the time, pushing with armor stops being viable and only rush mobility tactics seem to work. Any tank duel is absurd if one of the tanks shoots gold, so regular none premium players are basically winning if their side has more gold "warriors' because they cant keep up with expenses of shooting gold ammo. 

 

Did other people notice this gold trend and what do you people think will this ruin the game we so much love?

 

 

Wow, sure that is not the reason the heavy tanks are kings now on the battlefield and dominate 90% of the maps...oh, wait....:sceptic:

Good luck using mobility in world of corridors.



Jigabachi #6 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,492
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostCrazyIrish, on 07 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

from tier 5 to tier 10 more than half shots on me were done with gold ammo 

Premammo is a big problem, but exaggeration and blatant lies really won't help.



CrazyIrish #7 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15427 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostEnforcer1975, on 07 January 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Time to switch tanks and tactics? 

In case you didn't notice we have quite a few tanks where you need premium ammo to pen the weakspots and some tanks have so shitty pen that they only work with premium ammo spam. 

 

Yes but if I need to switch tanks just because of the gold ammo spam then I am not playing the game I am in love with but some other game that is not so much fun 

 

View PostEnforcer1975, on 07 January 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

I haven't really noticed increased premium spam in any tier....just some tryhards who spam it even when top tier. 

 

 

View PostAliceUnchained, on 07 January 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

Oh gee look, this again. Try adding your opinion to the countless other threads touching this subject next time, instead of creating yet another (needless) thread about it. Also, stop exaggerating. It seems extremely unlikely half the shots fired at you were premium rounds, unless you're talking about a handful of games only, where you were shot at only a few times, and you decided to ignore all other games which did not fit your baseless claim.

 

If I have noticed it on a hand full of games I would not bring it up in this topic, I have been noticing it whole holiday season, I don't play whole day but I play enough to finish Christmas quests.  I understand people shooting gold in tier 10 battles, tournaments but not people in lower tiers just shooting gold, with light tanks from behind, with meds all the time, heavys when shooting my arty etc. Those are not "we need to penetrate a weak spot" shoots those are "I just pack gold ammo" shots. I play from tier 5 to tier 10 battles and gold is all around. I don't see particular tanks switching to gold after a couple of shots I see people shooting only gold. 



CrazyIrish #8 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15427 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostXandania, on 07 January 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Let the Christmas bonus on credit earning and the stockpiles it brought deplete and it will all return to normal - hopefully :)

 

Maybe this is the issue at this moment. 

mystikro #9 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29612 battles
  • 832
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

There is no gold spam. It's not like any scrub can just hit the 2 key and win. Because that would be pay to win and we know that paying actual money for premium account so that you can earn more credits so that you can use more gold ammo so that you increase your win chances is not pay to win... Oh, wait...

 

 

As for the argument "World of corridors" I would argue against, with these maps:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Fjords

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Highway

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Karelia

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Live_Oaks

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Malinovka

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Mines

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Murovanka

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Overlord

http://wiki.wargamin.../en/Prokhorovka

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Redshire

http://wiki.wargamin...en/Serene_Coast

http://wiki.wargamin.../Siegfried_Line

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Steppes

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Swamp

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tundra

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Westfield

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Erlenberg

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/El_Halluf

http://wiki.wargamin...t/en/Sand_River

http://wiki.wargamin...n/Fiery_Salient

 

What's that? All these maps have open fields or multiple access points? Well then I guess you should do fine flanking then?

What was that? But some maps have corridors? Well, I don't like playing arty in city maps either. I guess you'd just have to put up with it, won't you?

 

Let me see if I understand. So, just because a quarter of the maps are with corridors, you argument that adding a broken mechanic like gold ammo is justified to break 100% of the game?

 

I don't think so. What was the argument that REEEEEEEEEEEETARDS use to say to arty players? "Play a real tank" or smth... Well, dear light and medium gold spam scrubs, play a real tank then.


Edited by mystikro, 07 January 2018 - 01:25 PM.


Jigabachi #10 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,492
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postmystikro, on 07 January 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Let me see if I understand. 

You got a horrible lot of things wrong there. 

Go read some of the other 85257 threads about premammo and try to understand motivation and arguments of all sides involved...



DA_ZOHAN #11 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53958 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013
Since you have been around since 2011 OP, I suppose you might remember the times when as part of the Weekend Special, WG would discount premium ammo 50%.  Wouldn't that be fun now?

mystikro #12 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29612 battles
  • 832
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 07 January 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

You got a horrible lot of things wrong there. 

Go read some of the other 85257 threads about premammo and try to understand motivation and arguments of all sides involved...

 

So your argument was: nuh-huh, google it.

Sirebellus #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18357 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

Why is there so much spamming of gold ?

Because playing a T8 Tank in a T10 game without gold you get a game like this...

shot_072.jpg



Jigabachi #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,492
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postmystikro, on 07 January 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

So your argument was: nuh-huh, google it.

Yes. I definitely won't explain spoonfeed things that we already discussed to death multiple times. 

 


Edited by Jigabachi, 07 January 2018 - 01:48 PM.


fighting_falcon93 #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 29733 battles
  • 3,431
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostEnforcer1975, on 07 January 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

In case you didn't notice we have quite a few tanks where you need premium ammo to pen the weakspots

 

Yeah, I can clearly see that. Yesterday I was playing a game in my T30, met an enemy T-62A, and I went hulldown. The next round that came from the T-62A was a 330 mm penetration HEAT round. Guess what? He went through the cheeks of my turret like butter... 3 times in a row! Yeah gold ammo definitely working as intended, not ruining the game at all...



CrazyIrish #16 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15427 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 07 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

You got a horrible lot of things wrong there. 

Go read some of the other 85257 threads about premammo and try to understand motivation and arguments of all sides involved...

 

There is no other motivation for premium ammo than to even to odds of good players vs weak ones with real money. Otherwise, they would do less damage than regular ammo or be more balanced out etc. So really your comments are not explaining anything to anybody. If you like shooting gold do it, but don't try to force it as something that makes sense to others.

 

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 07 January 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

Since you have been around since 2011 OP, I suppose you might remember the times when as part of the Weekend Special, WG would discount premium ammo 50%.  Wouldn't that be fun now?

 

hehehe I also remember when type 59 would be top tier in games with tier 5s and would just own the map. Back then probably gold ammo would not be able to penetrate him :D

 

View PostSirebellus, on 07 January 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Why is there so much spamming of gold ?

Because playing a T8 Tank in a T10 game without gold you get a game like this...

shot_072.jpg

 

Ye in those type of games you have to use HE and just try to damage as much of their crew and modules you can so your other team m8s have an easier time cleaning them :(

Bora_BOOM #17 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 21444 battles
  • 2,703
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

Gold all the time?

Somebody summoned the Dingers here....



mystikro #18 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29612 battles
  • 832
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 07 January 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

 

Yeah, I can clearly see that. Yesterday I was playing a game in my T30, met an enemy T-62A, and I went hulldown. The next round that came from the T-62A was a 330 mm penetration HEAT round. Guess what? He went through the cheeks of my turret like butter... 3 times in a row! Yeah gold ammo definitely working as intended, not ruining the game at all...

 

Nuh, brah, you just don't understand these things that "were alredy discussed to death". Ask Jigabachi. Guy looks like he knows what he's talking about. You know, when a guy avoids providing concrete answers... you know he's legit. Using gold ammo actually makes you lose more games than if you would use standard ammo, don't you know? That T-62A actually lost, but your game was falsely telling you that you lost, don't believe it. Gold ammo is fine. So what if you slugger along with a tank that has the armor as its main strenght for which it compromises everything else? Any scrub should just negate your only advantage by pressing the 2 key. Balance. You clearly do not understand!

 

Light tanks: Advantage: Speed, gun handling Disadvantages: Low Armor

Medium tanks: Advantage: Mobility, view range, gun handling Disadvantages: Average armor

Heavy tanks: Advantage: Armor Disadvantages: Speed, mobility, gun handling, pressing the 2 key

 


Edited by mystikro, 07 January 2018 - 02:10 PM.


UrQuan #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19398 battles
  • 6,117
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

Armor gets buffs left & right, up to ridiculous levels. Weakspots get removed. To a point standard ammo doesn't cut it. OMG GOLD SPAM WHY?! 

 

Serious? You know why gold was spammed less in the past? Because standard ammo stood a chance, even against armored tanks, thanks to weakspots. Make sure standard ammo can't pen well played armored tanks & then you get your gold spam.

 

Want less prem ammo fired? Advocate for weakspots, ask for more sensible & less overpowered armor layouts. Realize armor, just like everything needs skill. Armor should not exist to make you invulnerable to damage, only to make you more damage-resistant.

 

Last part: the new armored tanks are pretty gold resistant imo, even against higher tiers. Mark my words; HE spam is the future; Yo'ull yearn back for the time people fired gold at you, because at least you had a chance to bounce that when you played your armored tank properly.



Balc0ra #20 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64335 battles
  • 15,407
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostCrazyIrish, on 07 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Heavy armor tanks are useless now as the only mobility counts

 

And if you had no gold ammo, you would be here to complain that your other tanks can't put a dent in the super heavies right? As then we would have topics on how broken armor is in the current meta vs gold ammo topics. Pick your poison. 

 

Then again 90% of the people that moan about it in chat now are lower tiers in paper tanks that are upset since the tier X did not press 1 to reload for 13 seconds while the tier 8 shot at him, since he was expecting a Maus, not a Lorr 40t.







Also tagged with gold ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users