Jump to content


IS-6, is it worth buying?

IS-6

  • Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Panokko #1 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28483 battles
  • 71
  • [HOFF] HOFF
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

Wargaming gave me a coupon for 20% off of the IS-6. Apparantly because I recently bought the IS-3. Is the IS-6 worth purchasing?

 



Mr_Burrows #2 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45104 battles
  • 1,963
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

No. Nonononono. Do not buy. If you want to play with the 122mm, get the SU100 for free at tier 6 and be happy about a good gun at that tier. Because same gun is really bad at tier 8. 

Again; do NOT buy. 



signal11th #3 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37160 battles
  • 5,708
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
No.

deivio82 #4 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 48279 battles
  • 147
  • [LDTO] LDTO
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012
no

Laur_Balaur_XD #5 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35898 battles
  • 640
  • [FUSED] FUSED
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
Nope.

dimethylcadmium #6 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6267 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017
IS-6, best brawler world of tanks 2018. stronk armor, good DPM. its a defender without the stupid big weakspot on the LFP :trollface:

FluffyRedFox #7 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 22971 battles
  • 8,394
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

Hahahaha, no. Its not at all worth buying.

While a year or two ago it was OP, nowadays its just pitiful.

-You'll be constantly bottom tier 5-10 in a tank where the armour is more suited for facing tier 7s and 6s.

-Your gun is a potato launcher and has a pitiful 175 pen standard shell which is crap with the current overbuff of armour

-Premium shell is a measly 217 APCR, at least the Chinese knock-offs get 250 HEAT.

-Mobility isn't all that good.

So you're left with armour that can only really troll-bounce the tanks you'll mostly face, having a gun that'll face major difficulties with penning enemy armour and mobility that isn't enough to compensate for the previous two downfalls.

Not worth at all.

 



dimethylcadmium #8 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6267 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017

View Postfishbob101, on 07 January 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

Hahahaha, no. Its not at all worth buying.

While a year or two ago it was OP, nowadays its just pitiful.

-You'll be constantly bottom tier 5-10 in a tank where the armour is more suited for facing tier 7s and 6s.

-Your gun is a potato launcher and has a pitiful 175 pen standard shell which is crap with the current overbuff of armour

-Premium shell is a measly 217 APCR, at least the Chinese knock-offs get 250 HEAT.

-Mobility isn't all that good.

So you're left with armour that can only really troll-bounce the tanks you'll mostly face, having a gun that'll face major difficulties with penning enemy armour and mobility that isn't enough to compensate for the previous two downfalls.

Not worth at all.

 

 

HEAT is so overrated. I literally failed to track+damage a Liberte with 310 HEAT yesterday, just tracked him. That's pathetic

soul3ater #9 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18764 battles
  • 635
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012
Is6 is the Rtded child of obj25u and defender. and I mean literally. 

UrQuan #10 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19470 battles
  • 6,188
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 07 January 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

 

HEAT is so overrated. I literally failed to track+damage a Liberte with 310 HEAT yesterday, just tracked him. That's pathetic

 

HEAT does hate spaced armor & tracks are spaced armor. In quite some cases, AP can detrack & damage where HEAT would only track. When using HEAT, generally avoid shooting tracks, unless your main goal is to detrack him.

Hence the 250mm HEAT of the china one isn't necessarily an upgrade. It will pen more armor, but as tradeoff, those tracks aren't gonna get penned that easy anymore



Panokko #11 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28483 battles
  • 71
  • [HOFF] HOFF
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

Thanks for the insights. I guess for now, that means 'wallet closed'.

 

Cheers...


Edited by Panokko, 07 January 2018 - 07:16 PM.


ValkyrionX #12 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44832 battles
  • 1,063
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostPanokko, on 07 January 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

Wargaming gave me a coupon for 20% off of the IS-6. Apparantly because I recently bought the IS-3. Is the IS-6 worth purchasing?

 

 

at the current state of the game I tell you both yes and no .. it is a difficult tank to play .. the gun penetration is orrible , so much dispersion even on medium distances, certainly in some ways has advantages in terms of dpm and time of recharge on is3, is3a and defender .. but you have to have a lot of experience and know how to play the the is6 and make lots of games before you appreciate it .. time ago was probably the best heavy tier 8 premium of the game because of the mm facilitated and never went against the tier 9s .. now against 9 you have to play really well to be able to do damage and be of help for your team and almost always shoot only gold ammo..(no sense for some premium tanks)
I have almost 3 thousand match and 3 beautiful marks on this tank that I enjoy it so much ..but only because I've been playing it for years and I know its strong and weak points well

if you want a challenge instead of a tank clearly pay to win like defender , skorpion and others , buy the is6



Pvt_Duffer #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16658 battles
  • 3,145
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

Not till they remove it from the shop  to get rid of PMM tanks,

Then buff it to make it work.

Then you want to buy it.

 



SABAOTH #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36793 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostPanokko, on 07 January 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

Wargaming gave me a coupon for 20% off of the IS-6. Apparantly because I recently bought the IS-3. Is the IS-6 worth purchasing?

 

 

NO

 

:coin:



dimethylcadmium #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6267 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017

View PostUrQuan, on 07 January 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

 

HEAT does hate spaced armor & tracks are spaced armor. In quite some cases, AP can detrack & damage where HEAT would only track. When using HEAT, generally avoid shooting tracks, unless your main goal is to detrack him.

Hence the 250mm HEAT of the china one isn't necessarily an upgrade. It will pen more armor, but as tradeoff, those tracks aren't gonna get penned that easy anymore

 

I know heat is garbage vs spaced armor and tracks but i hit the bloody wheel sprocket at such an angle that the armor thickness was 110mm at max. I loaded heat to shoot his UFP

omgdontkillme #16 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38510 battles
  • 405
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View PostPanokko, on 07 January 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

Wargaming gave me a coupon for 20% off of the IS-6. Apparantly because I recently bought the IS-3. Is the IS-6 worth purchasing?

 

 

No. WG broke mm for it to be viable.

_Sensation_ #17 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7266 battles
  • 582
  • [TRTD] TRTD
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017
Don't

Graeme0 #18 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24907 battles
  • 508
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M
  • Member since:
    02-15-2015
Is a lover of the IS6 and having owned one for a while. I am sad to say that it has lost it's shine.

Used to be a tough forgiving brawler that allowed mistakes and could take a smacking. The gun was the tank's weakness but using it in a support role tracking higher tiers and aiming at weak spots kept it competitive.

The current meta means it is slowly lagging futher behind and does not represent value for money. Even at 20% off i struggle to contradict the other posts.

Very annoying but power creep is the cancer of the game

Junglist_ #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37139 battles
  • 1,348
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

Do not buy! 

Once my favourite tank, still my most played tank ever now gathering dust in garage. Completely useless with 175 pen and even with full gold you will struggle to penetrate same tier HTs. 



Archaean #20 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15179 battles
  • 1,181
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

With the current MM I prefer to play premium light tanks or light tanks and the IS-6. I'm sick and tired getting into 7 t10 matches out of 10 with my AMX CDC.

 

But no, it's not worth it, because you will have trouble penning stuff with that dogshit gun.







Also tagged with IS-6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users