AMX 50 B vs. Kranvagn vs. T57 Heavy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Sum_Tanky_Boi #1 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4617 battles
What are all the major differences between these vehicles? And which one is the best and for what? I personally would like to have this kind of tank with strong turret armor, hiding its hull and just shooting at the enemy them being helpless.

ecefec #2 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47266 battles
  • [LVTD] LVTD

I love Kranvagen, but he is position tank, i thinx its only ridge line tank here (from 3 auto loders ). its good if you know maps. T 57 have beter DPM and can punish enemy tanks if you know where aim and thinx 2 steps before (silver or gold ammo use? ) but 50 B have speed - what is I find (soon i will get this tank and will say more ), but as i know, bouth tanks are pure suport tanks, with kran you can take positions with tanking 

ps.s sry for my english

Cannes76 #3 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66450 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

Kranvagn is a ridgeline maginot line sort of tank,

T57 is incredible as closerange support and lategame assault tank,

AMX 50b excels as medium-/long range support.

Flubber42 #4 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27159 battles
  • [BC28] BC28
In that case only the Kranvagn caters to your needs. Neither the AMX 50 B nor T57 Heavy has a turret strong enough. T57 has a faster clip and intra shell reload (25s/2s)

Isharial #5 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19682 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

T57 - fast clip, slightly more armour on hull than other 2

50B - mobile, high pen

Kranvagn - heavily armoured turret, weaker pen, quicker reload than 50B, not as fast as T57

Kranvagn's more of an assault use the hills and bait shots with turret type

50B's a sniper, support tank, no real armour

T57 is half way between, not as hulldown armour as kranvagn, doesn't get whacked by arty for 500+ like 50B

personally, I like the Krans, on paper, looks, its able to bully on hills and a take a fair amount of punishment if you can hide the hull, the other 2 don't have the ability to perform roles other than its set one. a 50B cant tank, and a T57 cant either

Edited by Isharial, 07 January 2018 - 11:06 PM.

VsUK #6 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
T57 Heavy is only a heavy tank by name. Because it's everything can pen it & its no matter where you get hit. It's always your ammo rack!

Warzey #7 Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57073 battles

Kranvagn:

Weakest firepower of the 3 autloaders with the longest clip reload and also reload between the shells. On top of that HEAT premium ammo is the weakest with only 300 mm of penetration which means that Kranvagn may struggle against super heavies and heavily armored TDs. Gun handling is a bit worse than AMX 50B but considerably better than T57. In terms of mobility Kranvagn is slower that AMX 50b but faster than T57. Out of the 3 autloaders Kranvagn is the ridge line warrior with impenetrable turret and 12 degrees of gun depression. When we talk about combat effectiveness Kranvagn is only considered competitive when hull down, when it's out of its comfort zone it can easily be destroyed even by lower tier enemies. 

T57 Heavy:

The best firepower of the 3 tanks, with the best clip reload and reload between the shells hampered only by bad gun handling. Mobility is the worst of 3 tanks with reverse speed being particularly bad but I would say that all around armor is the strongest on T57. Although armor is not as reliable as it is on "standard" heavies it can most certainly stop a good amount of long range and poorly aimed shots. T57 is the most effective when played as a second line support heavy with emphasis on short to medium range combat. 

AMX 50B:

The most mobile of 3 with very good gun handling. In terms of armor hull front is fairly strong but turret is very weak and quite big on top of that. Firepower is between Kranvagn and T57. This tank is usually played as a ridge line warrior on a medium to long range. In my personal opinion it's the hardest one to play, because it requires good map knowledge and on top of that very good situational awareness. You need to know the right timing to pop out and empty your clip and not get punished in return, needless to say any mistake can cost you a lot of HP. 

d0uble_penetrati0n #8 Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8846 battles
  • [GN-R] GN-R
I can't say much about the T57 and 50B, but I've played the Krapvagn quite a bit and I can tell you it's a much worst tank at tier 10 than the Email 1 is at tier 8 and the Email 2 is at tier 9.

It's mostly trash on city maps, everything pens your hull, and you can't really trade either, cause of the low HP pool.

On hilly terrain it can be quite good but it really depends on what you're fighting. E100s are nightmares, I'd rather fight a Maus than an E100, you can't pen an E100 in the turret with gold rounds cause they suck at 300 pen, yet they'll murder you with HE for 400 dmg a shot (many other high alpha tanks will just shoot HE at your turret). You'll even bounce gold shots off their lower plate when well angled.

Generally you cannot just pop your shots like you do in an TVP or 50B because of the gun bloom after each shot so you need to properly aim after every single shot (unless at point blank range) which keeps you exposed.

When you use your gun depression you'll find out that your cupolas are quite easy to hit and the turret isn't that hardcore anyway, I can't remember how many times I've been penned in the turret by JPZs or E3s (and others).

HEAT rounds don't go through tracks like AP or APCR rounds do, so you'll love it when whole clips get absorbed by something like a Type5, E100 and many others.

Arty just wrecks you, T92s hit me for 800-1k constantly.

Also, the ammo count is crap,I've ran out of ammo more than a few times in Grand battles, so you'll be taking far less chancy shots than you do in other tanks.

Cobra6 #9 Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostWarzey, on 08 January 2018 - 03:28 AM, said:

Kranvagn:

Weakest firepower of the 3 autloaders with the longest clip reload and also reload between the shells. On top of that HEAT premium ammo is the weakest with only 300 mm of penetration which means that Kranvagn may struggle against super heavies and heavily armored TDs. Gun handling is a bit worse than AMX 50B but considerably better than T57. In terms of mobility Kranvagn is slower that AMX 50b but faster than T57. Out of the 3 autloaders Kranvagn is the ridge line warrior with impenetrable turret and 12 degrees of gun depression. When we talk about combat effectiveness Kranvagn is only considered competitive when hull down, when it's out of its comfort zone it can easily be destroyed even by lower tier enemies. 

T57 Heavy:

The best firepower of the 3 tanks, with the best clip reload and reload between the shells hampered only by bad gun handling. Mobility is the worst of 3 tanks with reverse speed being particularly bad but I would say that all around armor is the strongest on T57. Although armor is not as reliable as it is on "standard" heavies it can most certainly stop a good amount of long range and poorly aimed shots. T57 is the most effective when played as a second line support heavy with emphasis on short to medium range combat. 

AMX 50B:

The most mobile of 3 with very good gun handling. In terms of armor hull front is fairly strong but turret is very weak and quite big on top of that. Firepower is between Kranvagn and T57. This tank is usually played as a ridge line warrior on a medium to long range. In my personal opinion it's the hardest one to play, because it requires good map knowledge and on top of that very good situational awareness. You need to know the right timing to pop out and empty your clip and not get punished in return, needless to say any mistake can cost you a lot of HP. 

This pretty much.

Cobra 6

tajj7 #10 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25404 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Firepower: 50b > T57 > Kranvagn

Mobility: 50b > Kranvagn > T57

Armour: Kranvagn > T57 > 50b

Best IMO in the current meta is T57, 340 pen HEAT for super heavies, fastest clip speed and reload means less exposure and vulnerability, plus troll armour gives some survivability.  Close range brawling of most maps, plus mass load of heavies means the 50b struggles because it is so easy to pen due to the huge turret even at medium ranges and it's mobility is not the valuable,

Considering a huge amount of combat in games is decided by close range peaking combat, mainly between heavies, the T57 just suits it, you hide behind a Maus/Type5/*insert other meatshield here, you wait for the enemies to shoot your team mate, you pop out, do 1600 damage to some sucker in 6s and you trundle back behind your meatshield, you then rinse and repeat. Your 340 pen HEAT will deal with Type 5s and Maus's and your fast reload puts most people off from rushing you as you are rolling with 3.4k DPM (maxed) on an autoloader (like 1k higher than a Bat Chat and a Kranvagn) and your troll armour makes trading even two shots for your clip generally a good trade. 

50b suffers like most paper meds, not enough engagements that suit it and playing the same way as the T57 it is just worse. 

Kranvagn is a one a trick pony and just suffers too much in other areas because of that.  Long reload leaves you exposed, low pen on both rounds plus average gun handling means you rarely get full clip value and often the target gets away before you can do your whole clip because of the 3s intra-clip, similar to the 50120. 

Edited by tajj7, 08 January 2018 - 11:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users