• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

NOo0B #1 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13474 battles

Dear every one,

==>Merry christmas and happy new year.

After sending an argumented ticket to WG support team, and having an encouraging answer i finally post here the new topic since i didn't get any kind of news<==

World of tanks is an enjoyable game. That s why we play on it. There is fun, competitions and so on.

When the gold was added in the game, it was to allow the company to make befinit Isn't it?

So the current explanation of why gold is now so popular is that we don't need to pay it with gold anymore and because, MORE PENETRATION !

I trully undestand the system of shell :
AP : nice penetration on several strates penetrated and normal speed, normal dmg
HE : low penetration, 1 strate, slow speed, huge dmg
HEACH (or i never how to write it): high penetration, 1 strate, normal speed (i think?), hugedmg
APCR : high penetration, several strate, HIGH speed, normal dmg

The fact that some tanks have APCR as basic ammo instead of ap and HEACH instead of AP or HE, or anything else other ammo is quite fine in itself (diversity is nice, we use to hear).

A long time ago, a lot of people asked why is there gold ammo? It is ruining the game with lights/meds and arty who 1 shots or near heavies they said; and Wargaming was answering

"it s in order to help the new player".

So, i took know a lot of screen in battle when i was shooted by gold and who shooted me with.
Most of the player shooting with gold are 10 000 battles (and more than 30 000 the MOST often) so they are not new player.
And new player who play world of tank don't have enough ressources in order to purchase gold magazine.

(...)

So now I suppose you are wondering: yes this is the system more or less as explained in a lot of video on youtube or else, so why this topic?

=> The purpous of this topic is to show you that the game is trully enjoyable and I thank you a lot for that, but the current system have a huge LACK (of logic? of benefit?) which is not in your interest.

I asked to a lot of different clans/players how many new player stop after playing several months. I m sure some onecan have this data in the totality. I m also sure some one could set a program for why people leave the game after trying it and the answer, in majority could be the un fair ness (UFN) of the game.

But the UFN is not due (only) to the differences of knowledge between players.
It s also not due (only) to the matchmaking which is trully amazing (i could count the number of time i played low tier and the rest of my clan and the Top /medium tier but this is another story and the new MM is ... still better than what it was before).

=>UFN is a bit more due to the detection system, laser bot sytem which are according to me OK (you can deal with it without cheating yourself as well), it s not that much a huge problem .<=

The real one is the HIGH penetration Of the EXPENSIVE munitions/magazines/ammo. (imagine a poor t1 nooby --> my pseudo is the one of a nooby <-- is getting gold ammo.

So all of this development is to show (without numbers because some one could have it better than i do :) ) that there is a poblem in a nice game, which cost to WG more than what the company earn on it by losing a high potential players number.

"If there is any solution, then there is no poblem": hopfully wot has several solutions:

=>to dvlp/keep the current system with different shell but with a better gestion of the penetration for gold ammo?

Other solutions could be that
=>the price people spend in the gold shell is given to those who receive the shell.
=>A bounce make you earn some money too... according the potential of dmg it could have done in total and the penetration it has (when u receive HEACH with 350 penetration that you made bounce but are not counted.... xD having some trouble while it s raining gold, i m sure you know it, this feeling :) )
=>Another idea could be ... if there is gold ammo... gold armor too? i mean a light with gold armor could make bounce heavy AP / or any other standard shell and fly to the sky (with a good coca cola of course, and while i m taunting a bit, a premium speed, and light tanks will fly with this...)

Of course, i will be glad to share ideas/ screens shots / and other kind of data you (reader)  would like to speak about.

I hope it will make up some mind about the gold, if it convince you that there is something to do here i will be happy.

Thank you for reading this ! (I hope you had some fun while reading)

PS: A LOT OF subject are discussing about it :

- http://forum.worldof...h&fromMainBar=1 (this is just a resume of how many )

ex: http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

http://forum.worldof...o#entry15234506

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

AND So on.

Since this topic could be interesting, please only set clear argument, no insult, and since it takes time to every one to read all of my ... roman .... try to make short proposition.

PS(ps): the title indicate my opinion on the subject, to have a new system of ammo with HE / AP / ... with their own haibilities without the HIGH PENETRATION of gold ammo which could be more interesting as the direct concurent of wargaming ( WT for example) is using it on purpous :)

Jigabachi #2 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Stopped reading halfway through the post. Hard to read and no real point so far.

Could you please sum all that up in a few lines?

Obsessive_Compulsive #3 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 23553 battles

Condensed for TDLR reasons.

op knows how shells work

premium ammo is bad cos my friends said so

list of vague suggestions to re- balance premium ammo not original including getting credits for not damaging the enemy...:unsure:

cocoa cola powered gold plating...

mur hur dur

cmgamesro #4 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11355 battles
  • [DS-RO] DS-RO

View PostNOo0B, on 08 January 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

=>Another idea could be ... if there is gold ammo... gold armor too? i mean a light with gold armor could make bounce heavy AP / or any other standard shell and fly to the sky (with a good coca cola of course, and while i m taunting a bit, a premium speed, and light tanks will fly with this...)

i have no words for this...

Spoiler

OreH75 #5 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46328 battles

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 08 January 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Condensed for TDLR reasons.

op knows how shells work

premium ammo is bad cos my friends said so

list of vague suggestions to re- balance premium ammo not original including getting credits for not damaging the enemy...:unsure:

cocoa cola powered gold plating...

mur hur dur

You forgot the hidden message about cheaters!

=>UFN is a bit more due to the detection system, laser bot sytem which are according to me OK (you can deal with it without cheating yourself as well), it s not that much a huge problem .<=

Derethim #6 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16679 battles

What's a strate?

This hurt my brian.

Wait.

Brain.

Homer_J #7 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27236 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJigabachi, on 08 January 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

Stopped reading halfway through the post. Hard to read and no real point so far.

Could you please sum all that up in a few lines?

I read it all, it was hard to read and had no point to it.

Still not even sure if HEACH is HESH or HEAT.

Derethim #8 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16679 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 08 January 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

I read it all, it was hard to read and had no point to it.

May be even something completely new...

High-Explosive-Anti-Communist-Ham

UserZer00 #9 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8922 battles
His next post will be about how the general discussion area of the forums need to be improved.
Current environment:
1 Propose idea for improvement
2 Grammar police contribute
3 Post critisized for content / comprehension
4 Someone may make a positive post about the suggestion

Future environment
1 Submit post
2 Post put into queue for review by moderators
3 empty general discussion forum

*though I agree that the OP could have tried to summarize!

Hero_of_Tython #10 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22908 battles
  • [UP-EM] UP-EM

Tbh I rather liked the way Armoured Warfare handles ammo (one of the better things about that game).

Most tanks have multiple ammo types (just like in WoT) but all types are credit purchased ammo only and no ammo type is  universally superior. High Pen ammo tends to have the lowest damage and higher damage ammo suffers from lower pen. This results in the player having to switch ammo types during battle to best adapt to the target they are facing. Thin skinned tanks you use high alpha low pen ammo for maximum bang for your buck, tanks with thick armour need high pen but lower alpha ammo to make sure you don't just bounce off.

If such a system was copied in WoT it would encourage players to use their ammo more intelligently by witching ammo types to best suite the enemy they are trying to damage. Sure lazy players would just load up on the max pen ammo and spam it like they spam gold right now at everything and anything regardless of if it's a Type 5 or a Type 64, but they would be doing less damage per shot. Having one type of ammo that is universally superior to all others is the biggest flaw with the current ammo system and I am afraid trying to use the cost of the ammo to limit it's use is a waste of time as there will always be lazy players who'd sooner empty their wallets than learn to aim for weak spots. And yes I am aware that there are some situations where gold ammo is needed, either because the tanks gun is poor or the enemies armour is OP but the AW system would fix that by providing ammo with the pen to do the job but unlike current gold ammo there would be more than just a financial cost to using it.

Derethim #11 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16679 battles

View PostHero_of_Tython, on 08 January 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Yup, AW handles at least one thing right - ammo. But armor in their game is handled stupidly.

Laur_Balaur_XD #12 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35393 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

Later edit: I stopped reading at HEACH thing....

Edited by Iulian_ro, 08 January 2018 - 12:54 PM.

Jigabachi #13 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHero_of_Tython, on 08 January 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Tbh I rather liked the way Armoured Warfare handles ammo (one of the better things about that game).

I didn't fully understand it, because the UI was quite bad, but I really liked that approach, too.

Hero_of_Tython #14 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22908 battles
  • [UP-EM] UP-EM

View PostJigabachi, on 08 January 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

I didn't fully understand it, because the UI was quite bad, but I really liked that approach, too.

The UI is a lot better than it used to be, but modern tanks just don't interest me much. However AW did come up with some good ideas that I really wish WG would simply admit were good and bring them into WoT.

MeetriX #15 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18775 battles
HEACH=High explosive Alternate Current Hydrogen?

OreH75 #16 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46328 battles

View PostHero_of_Tython, on 08 January 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

The UI is a lot better than it used to be,

Yeah, because it now looks almost the same as WoT....

Lord_Edge #17 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5851 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 08 January 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

High Explosive Anti Clicker Homing.

You just fire it towards a redline and an SPG explodes.

Laur_Balaur_XD #18 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35393 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

View PostLord_Edge, on 08 January 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

High Explosive Anti Clicker Homing.

You just fire it towards a redline and an SPG explodes.

AliceUnchained #19 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 37845 battles
  • [322] 322

Dear every one,

==>Merry christmas and happy new year.

After sending an argumented ticket to WG support team, and having an encouraging answer i finally post here the new topic since i didn't get any kind of news<==

Let me guess; the 'encouraging' answer was to post it on the forum? Boy did Support dodge a (HEACH) bullet there...

PS: A LOT OF subject are discussing about it :

- http://forum.worldof...h&fromMainBar=1 (this is just a resume of how many )

ex: http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

http://forum.worldof...o#entry15234506

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

AND So on.

Indeed. Which is why you should have posted in any of those, as the last thing we need is yet another thread about it. Especially when it's some incoherent mash up of thoughts. No offense, and I'm sure you meant well and put a lot of effort in, but your (long) post lacks structure and coherence which makes it difficult and unpleasant to read. As such, most will not even bother. Furthermore, you're not providing any new or interesting insights about the subject and the premise that 'gold ammo ruins the game', 'gold ammo makes armor useless', 'gold ammo is pay to win', etc, has been challenged (adequately) countless times already. 

So please take the time to read through the many existing threads about the subject, and take note of the arguments against your premise, and suggestions.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #20 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27312 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
Prob some balancing needs to be made with gold ammo but I guess a lot resides on our comrades in Russia.
The 330 pen upgrade on gold on the T-54 is always a WTF to me and hence the previous.

Heat and APCR does have certain nerfs such as normalisation, distance, spaced armour but yeah gold ammo having maybe a reduced damage in exchange for pen does make some sense.
Balancing the cred costs to approximate DMG also has some logic in my fickle mind, such huge disparity in the game.
Sometimes the pen increase on some tanks is nominal and bordering on worth it?
Sometimes its huge and why fire normal?
Then there is more DMG gold which is slightly WG really P2W is that really it?

Guess tanks have been balanced individually in an evolving game and things are what they are.
It can just seem a little crazy at times, but many things do. 

Edited by DumbNumpty, 08 January 2018 - 06:56 PM.

Also tagged with magazine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users