The Future

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

ArmouredElephant #1 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35490 battles

Let's see... we had some nice events for Christmas & new year, with lots of gifts, new female crew members, and amazing high tier discounts ! also, those that were playing a lot (or bought boxes) could decorate their tier 8 (premiums) and tier 10 tanks with special camo's.

This year will be fantastic without a doubt ! we have the new upcoming soviet heavy tank series, that will surely keep everyone excited to fight or play them ; and let's not forget about the new graphics update that will land sometime in March and also there are rumors floating around about an Italian tech-tree ? 

Anyways, I just want to end this on a positive note, and would like to thank this company for such a great game that they provided us with; and also the players, without you boys and girls there would have been no epic battles, or commentaries ! Last but without certainty of a doubt, not least ! a special kind of thanks goes to the WG support staff, always there and always quick to respond, you truly are a Cuntinuous source of inspiration Thank You, Thank You and Tank You !

Jigabachi #2 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yes, the Christmas event was nice.
Besides that, thanks for refusing to fix all the massively gamebreaking problems since years and making the game worse overall with every single update. Happy milking in 2018!

Edited by Jigabachi, 08 January 2018 - 12:38 PM.

Agent_327 #3 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16235 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

Yes you are quite right. For the most part WG is actually doing a very nice job. I have enjoyed the journey since closed beta. :)

We just need a fix of tier 8 mm but I'm sure that grand battles and ranked battles among other things are going to help with fixing that. I'm very much looking forward to the graphic update in March!

discontinued #4 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5434 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Nice to see a positive post.

I agree Tanks has always been a work in progress and having taken a couple of months break I was glad that a friend who has been away for almost 2 years was with me, Zarfarious was amazed by how much the game has changed for the positive. In that time and that arty is quite fun these days!

I like grand battles and other additions such as the 3,5,7 MM when I'm in a tier 10

No game is 100% perfect but WG do eventually listen and many things have improved, I still remember the days of +3 matchmaking luckily those days have gone.

I don't get all the whiners, complainers and cry babies...So what silver ammo, MM and premium tanks. No one is forcing anyone to play.

After all its a free game

Keep up the good work Wargaming and also the staff, forum mods and volunteers that help keep this game running.

Happy new year to all

:)

Edited by discontinued, 08 January 2018 - 02:08 PM.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postdiscontinued, on 08 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

I don't get all the whiners, complainers and cry babies...So what silver ammo, MM and premium tanks. No one is forcing anyone to play.

That's a horribly silly argument. People complain and whine because they like the game and want it to improve and to get things fixed. If they didn't like the game, they would simply leave.

I'm complaining all the time, but I still come back every now and then to play, because the game is still unique and, if you don't take it any seriously, even still fun to play for a while. But that won't make me ignore the blatant issues the game has behind ever corner.

People expect many different things of a game and many people don't have any serious demand, they are happy if they can do vrooooam and phewphew a bit. If you are one of those, that's entirely fine, but reading all that exuberant praise makes me feel very... weird.

Edited by Jigabachi, 08 January 2018 - 02:19 PM.

Agent_327 #6 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16235 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

Jigabachi when you look at your first post in this thread is it just the whining that makes this forum almost impossible to read. There are no gamebreaking problems that has not been resolved. There is a game that are created in a way that has functionality and behaviors that you don't like and you are free to play something else if you don't like it. Arty is fine, its' not perfect, but it's fine and it's definitely not a "gamebreaking problem". MM is fine, its' not perfect, but it's fine and it's definitely not a "gamebreaking problem". And I could continue naming issues that different users feel are "gamebreaking problems" that are just World of Tanks by design.

There have been much much worse MM, arty, map and premium vehicle problems earlier that have been resolved and are of a much less problems now than they have ever been before.

Just because you don't like that something is what it is does not make it a problem for the game. I'm not targeting you specifically but all the whiners that feel that their problem with the game is the games problem. It's not! :harp:

Jigabachi #7 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAgent_327, on 08 January 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Jigabachi when you look at your first post in this thread is it just the whining that makes this forum almost impossible to read. There are no gamebreaking problems that has not been resolved. There is a game that are created in a way that has functionality and behaviors that you don't like and you are free to play something else if you don't like it. Arty is fine, its' not perfect, but it's fine and it's definitely not a "gamebreaking problem". MM is fine, its' not perfect, but it's fine and it's definitely not a "gamebreaking problem". And I could continue naming issues that different users feel are "gamebreaking problems" that are just World of Tanks by design.

There have been much much worse MM, arty, map and premium vehicle problems earlier that have been resolved and are of a much less problems now than they have ever been before.

Just because you don't like that something is what it is does not make it a problem for the game. I'm not targeting you specifically but all the whiners that feel that their problem with the game is the games problem. It's not! :harp:

Sooo... it's only a problem if you say so and instead of complaining about obvious problems you want us to quit playing. That's beyond stupid. :rolleyes:

Agent_327 #8 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16235 battles
  • [CAF] CAF
No I'm saying that the whining like your first post is what it is, whining. There are no "gamebreaking problems" that have existed for years. There are game functionality that you don't like that have existed for years.

Ceeb #9 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30073 battles

got my years premium on discount with the boxes I bought... but I'm not buying any tank or anything until next Xmas.

Edited by Ceeb, 08 January 2018 - 04:01 PM.

Flicka #10 Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22099 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View PostAgent_327, on 08 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

No I'm saying that the whining like your first post is what it is, whining. There are no "gamebreaking problems" that have existed for years. There are game functionality that you don't like that have existed for years.

Can I get an explanation on what a "game breaking problem" is and what "game functionality" is, please.

Jigabachi #11 Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

There are no "gamebreaking problems" that have existed for years.

PhooBar #12 Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17906 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Relax.  Jiggy's just trying to balance™ the forum.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/657809-you-have-reached-your-quota-of-positive-votes-for-the-day/page__st__20__pid__15248270#entry15248270

NoPoet406 #13 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2321 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
Matchmaker is a nightmare, they messed up the latest British updates by missing out all the really important stuff, they're now going back to their Mother Russia lines to make them even more powerful and upgradeable, and they're apparently introducing yet another tank building powerhouse, Italy. 2017 was the year of missed targets and ridiculous choices.

But, the winter event has been really generous, rewarding dedication and enthusiasm. The discounts were amazingly generous compared to the weekend offers. Anyone who hasn't enjoyed this holiday season on Tanks is probably living their lives wrong. So after a difficult and frustrating year, they bowed out on a high.

Aikl #14 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNoPoet406, on 08 January 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Matchmaker is a nightmare, they messed up the latest British updates by missing out all the really important stuff, they're now going back to their Mother Russia lines to make them even more powerful and upgradeable, (...)

You know what the best part is? It is working as intendedTM.

Seriously. Wargaming might look like [edited] [edited], but most things they do are not accidental. Many things are catering a tad too much to the really casual players. While WoT still offers plenty of opportunity to simply be good at the game, there's only so much you can be bothered to play a game where not really 'playing the game' is the best way to get results.

(While it's likely that the top ~20% of players spend less on the game than the rest, and that taking care of them is improtant for the bottom-line, I'm not too sure if removing most/all good (or bad) players from the game would be healthy at all. 'Tanks go boom' is fun, but it's less fun when you don't have competent players on the enemy team. Long-term health, especially after so many years, might be outside of WG's scope, of course.)

Jigabachi #15 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPhooBar, on 08 January 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

Relax.  Jiggy's just trying to balance™ the forum.

I'm all for positive threads, but this overly positive praising while ignoring the overall state of the game and all the lying and milking WG is doing is a a tiny bit... ugh. Praise where praise belongs, but criticism is just as important as that.

You also don't go to Africa (or Turkey) and claim that everything is perfectly fine and all...

Sooo... yeah. As much as I would enjoy a positive thread, I have to be the partypooper in this one.

Edited by Jigabachi, 08 January 2018 - 06:41 PM.

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9932 battles

Current special is very nice indeed, and the 1.0 HD version is something to look forward to. The new graphics look really awsome, and the fact you don't need to update your hardware is an impressive achievement.

Ok, game balance could be better, arty should be removed, but I'm a happy player!

Agent_327 #17 Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16235 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

View PostFlicka, on 08 January 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

Can I get an explanation on what a "game breaking problem" is and what "game functionality" is, please.

Game functionality is for instance arty. Yea its hell to be in the receiving end. If you don't like it play arty yourself or go play something else. Being -2 tiers in your slow heavy tank that can hardly move towards the 1/2 of the opponents that you can damage. Yes that's also pretty annoying but it's still game functionality. World of Tanks has never been a game where you can damage all opponents or make a definite impression in all games.

A game breaking problem is that chat is not working or similar. It is not things you don't like about the game that where there before you started playing it.

Edited by Agent_327, 08 January 2018 - 08:26 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #18 Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36071 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostArmouredElephant, on 08 January 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Let's see... we had some nice events for Christmas & new year, with lots of gifts, new female crew members, and amazing high tier discounts ! also, those that were playing a lot (or bought boxes) could decorate their tier 8 (premiums) and tier 10 tanks with special camo's.

This year will be fantastic without a doubt ! we have the new upcoming soviet heavy tank series, that will surely keep everyone excited to fight or play them ; and let's not forget about the new graphics update that will land sometime in March and also there are rumors floating around about an Italian tech-tree ?

Anyways, I just want to end this on a positive note, and would like to thank this company for such a great game that they provided us with; and also the players, without you boys and girls there would have been no epic battles, or commentaries ! Last but without certainty of a doubt, not least ! a special kind of thanks goes to the WG support staff, always there and always quick to respond, you truly are a Cuntinuous source of inspiration Thank You, Thank You and Tank You !

:trollface:

Flicka #19 Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22099 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View PostAgent_327, on 08 January 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

Game functionality is for instance arty. Yea its hell to be in the receiving end. If you don't like it play arty yourself or go play something else. Being -2 tiers in your slow heavy tank that can hardly move towards the 1/2 of the opponents that you can damage. Yes that's also pretty annoying but it's still game functionality. World of Tanks has never been a game where you can damage all opponents or make a definite impression in all games.

A game breaking problem is that chat is not working or similar. It is not things you don't like about the game that where there before you started playing it.

First off thank you.

Second, made no sense and didn't make me laugh, so I guess the joke is on me.

And most of the bad things that WG changed that were in the past, was because the forums were filled with "what's wrong/bad" in the game.

Try to remember last time they used the Its not historical argument to change/not change some tank parameters.

Bennie182 #20 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50328 battles

View PostAgent_327, on 08 January 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Jigabachi is one of the players that's playing with his eyes open. He is right and loads of people stand behind his opinion, including me. It's hilarious to read that someone feels like WG is listening, when they fix or 'fix' things after people complain for YEARS. I don't call that listening. That's either because they have no choice, or because they finally found 1 thing the community complains about worth it to change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users