Jump to content


New M4

Gameplay needs Shermans

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

arthurwellsley #1 Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 51259 battles
  • 2,810
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

NA announced a new M4.

A premium?

Gameplay needs more Shermans!

 

Source = https://thearmoredpa...rman-confirmed/



leggasiini #2 Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12328 battles
  • 6,069
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

What Sherman is even missing? 

 

inb4 German Sherman with 88 strapped to it.. or Japanese with 15cm derp :trollface:



K_A #3 Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13581 battles
  • 4,663
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View Postleggasiini, on 08 January 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

What Sherman is even missing? 

 

inb4 German Sherman with 88 strapped to it.. or Japanese with 15cm derp :trollface:

 

Experimental Sherman with a Tiger turret and a captured German 128mm gun on it. But it's historically accurate as a blue print because I'm sure one allied officer at some point said to another officer how it would be nice if they had some of those same anti-tank guns the Germans had.

Mav75 #4 Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30100 battles
  • 1,502
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

Think it's the Loza's M4A2 Sherman. Because Soviets need Shermans too.

 

Tier 6 with possibly special crew. Think they sold that on the Russian servers a few months ago.



Balc0ra #5 Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64344 battles
  • 15,407
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostMav75, on 08 January 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Think it's the Loza's M4A2 Sherman. Because Soviets need Shermans too.

 

I doubt it , as the hint was a German accent. So a captured M4 I suspect. And not even Console have that atm for the US. Tho they have a list of captured tansk. Inc a King Tiger for the US, or a T-34-88.

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 January 2018 - 09:57 PM.


Bennie182 #6 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51515 battles
  • 1,265
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
We don't need more Shermans. Especially NOT with derp.

sgtYester #7 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53400 battles
  • 1,516
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011
i think i read somewhere of a captured sherman/// so basically a sherman m4 prem for the germans

250swb #8 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21699 battles
  • 4,862
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostsgtYester, on 08 January 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

i think i read somewhere of a captured sherman/// so basically a sherman m4 prem for the germans

 

 

And then a T-34, and then .......



DracheimFlug #9 Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Post250swb, on 08 January 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

 

 

And then a T-34, and then .......

 

The Germans likely had quite a few T-34/76's captured and pressed into service. Post war East Germany still fielded T-34/85's. Post war the Bundeswehr seems to have gone straight to Pattons, likely due to not being formed until ten years after the end of the war, so not many if any post war Shermans, and likely a lot fewer captured Shermans than T-34's (due more to circumstances than production numbers or quality).

Edited by DracheimFlug, 09 January 2018 - 01:04 AM.


NoPoet406 #10 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:35 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2408 battles
  • 494
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016

This reminds me of one of the later Gran Turismo games when a reviewer was complaining about eighteen different varieties of the Honda S2000. I mean, the S2000 was a worthy car, but did we really need 14 palette swaps of the race version and 4 road cars with marginally different stats?

 

How many Sherman varieties are in WoT now, including the Sherman III and Sherman Firefly?



Mav75 #11 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30100 battles
  • 1,502
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

View PostNoPoet406, on 09 January 2018 - 02:35 AM, said:

How many Sherman varieties are in WoT now, including the Sherman III and Sherman Firefly?

 

Americans have 7:

- M4 Sherman

- M4 Improved

- M4A2E4 Sherman

- M4A3E8 Sherman

- M4A3E8 "Fury"

- M4A3E8 "Thunderbolt VII"

- M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo

 

Russians have 1:

- Loza's M4-A2 Sherman

 

British have 2:

- Sherman III

- Firefly

 

French have 1:

- M4A1 Revalorisé

 

Hope I haven't missed any.



Strappster #12 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostsgtYester, on 08 January 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

... a sherman m4 prem for the germans

 

If it's tier 5, has the 105mm derp and the same stats as the US M4, it'd replace the Pz. T 25 in my garage almost immediately.



Derethim #13 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17127 battles
  • 1,853
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostMav75, on 09 January 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

 

Americans have 7:

- M4 Sherman

- M4 Improved

- M4A2E4 Sherman

- M4A3E8 Sherman

- M4A3E8 "Fury"

- M4A3E8 "Thunderbolt VII"

- M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo

 

Russians have 1:

- Loza's M4-A2 Sherman

 

British have 2:

- Sherman III

- Firefly

 

French have 1:

- M4A1 Revalorisé

 

Hope I haven't missed any.

 

Well, you haven't, but Wargaming think they did.

My bet it's going to be a Beutepanzer Sherman.



LCpl_Jones #14 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9740 battles
  • 692
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

View PostStrappster, on 09 January 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

 

If it's tier 5, has the 105mm derp and the same stats as the US M4, it'd replace the Pz. T 25 in my garage almost immediately.

 

definitely, the Pz. T 25 is garbage to play 

xx984 #15 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:08 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52971 battles
  • 2,380
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostDerethim, on 09 January 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

 

Well, you haven't, but Wargaming think they did.

My bet it's going to be a Beutepanzer Sherman.

Probably this



undutchable80 #16 Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6964 battles
  • 1,666
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

WoT wiki mentions several M4 variants in the "upcoming tanks" section (http://wiki.wargamin.../Upcoming_tanks)

 

US MT:

  • M4A2 USMC
  • M4 90V

 

Chinese MT:

  • Sherman M4A4 "Tuji"

 

Russia:

  • Loza's M4-A2 (which should be coming to stores near you sometime this year)

 

Dunno how far the others are regards to (super) test or what not, but I'd think the US have enough M4 variants in the game already. :B



Balc0ra #17 Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64344 battles
  • 15,407
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostStrappster, on 09 January 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

 

If it's tier 5, has the 105mm derp and the same stats as the US M4, it'd replace the Pz. T 25 in my garage almost immediately.

 

I would to. As I hate the Pz T25 due to the garbage gun handling.

Snake_Keeper #18 Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8568 battles
  • 697
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View Postundutchable80, on 09 January 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

US MT:

  • M4 90V

 

That one was showcased ages ago, 2013: http://ftr.wot-news....-mm-and-the-m4/ . Back then they were unsure if they were going to implement it into the tree, or as a premium. A M4 Sherman outfitted with the Pershing turret, and the 90mm gun.


Edited by Snake_Keeper, 09 January 2018 - 08:50 AM.


250swb #19 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21699 battles
  • 4,862
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostDracheimFlug, on 08 January 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

 

The Germans likely had quite a few T-34/76's captured and pressed into service. Post war East Germany still fielded T-34/85's. Post war the Bundeswehr seems to have gone straight to Pattons, likely due to not being formed until ten years after the end of the war, so not many if any post war Shermans, and likely a lot fewer captured Shermans than T-34's (due more to circumstances than production numbers or quality).

 

https://youtu.be/YNJ-acc9Qsk

 

A T-34 in German markings pulled from a swamp.

 

I think I've seen pictures of a Tiger II in US markings, and I'm pretty sure there are photos of a Maus in British markings,........no, really ;)



AvengerOrion #20 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25351 battles
  • 1,036
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

View Post250swb, on 09 January 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

 

https://youtu.be/YNJ-acc9Qsk

 

A T-34 in German markings pulled from a swamp.

 

I think I've seen pictures of a Tiger II in US markings, and I'm pretty sure there are photos of a Maus in British markings,........no, really ;)

 

 

It was probably more for the fact that they didn't want to get blown up by some tired overenthousiastic allied tankers.

 

As for the new premium sherman, there were quiet a few shermans captured by the Germans (and atleast 1 firefly), but MeatheadMilitia is probably hinting at Loza's M4-A2 with a terribly executed hint.


Edited by AvengerOrion, 09 January 2018 - 04:31 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users