Lag spikes... Ping plotter readings

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Peaceful_Refugee #1 Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1713 battles

Hello, I am having lagspikes from time to time which last up to 5 seconds and during that I completely can't control anything. If I'm pushing W it will go forwards until lagspike ends... I don't know whose fault is that. My internet is connected via ethernet and it is 100mbps. Doesn't lag in other games it seems. I will add ping plotter readings since I can't understand them.

Resetting internet doesn't help, turning off antivirus, and every possible background program doesn't help, no Im not connected via wifi

World of tanks support didn't help, one answer was automated and other asked for ping plotter sample and once i submitted it "we do not see any major lagspikes" and didn't say anything else.

Driving into the water or off the cliff because you're having a lagspike is rather frustrating. :)

Thank you for help

edit: damn can't attach ping plotter file, used first file upload website, hope it works, its a pure pp2 file

https://ufile.io/k9g51

Edited by Peaceful_Refugee, 09 January 2018 - 08:41 PM.

Mathiaskarl #2 Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12298 battles
  • [SCAVI] SCAVI

I have the same issue at the moment and I've had similar issues in the past with world of tanks.

Sitting on 200/200 connection, low and stable latency in other games, but from time to time I experience huge packet loss in wot with intervals of 3-5 seconds. (This just started happening again recently ~5-7 days ago.)

Last time i contacted customer support and provided them with PingPlotter reports which obviously showed packet loss on the routing to the WG servers, all they said was that there wasn't anything they could do about it.

We'll just have to hope the faulting servers on the route will be revised at some point.

Edit: The way i fixed it the last time, was by using a VPN to retrace my route to WG, and thereby not passing through the faulting server-nodes. But I don't really consider this a great option, as it would require an active subscription to a decent VPN-provider.

Edit Edit: To author of topic: You might wanna let the PingPlotter run for more than 30 minutes, as the lag-spikes aren't consistent.

Edited by Mathiaskarl, 09 January 2018 - 08:56 PM.

Peaceful_Refugee #3 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1713 battles

View PostMathiaskarl, on 09 January 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

I have the same issue at the moment and I've had similar issues in the past with world of tanks.

Sitting on 200/200 connection, low and stable latency in other games, but from time to time I experience huge packet loss in wot with intervals of 3-5 seconds. (This just started happening again recently ~5-7 days ago.)

Last time i contacted customer support and provided them with PingPlotter reports which obviously showed packet loss on the routing to the WG servers, all they said was that there wasn't anything they could do about it.

We'll just have to hope the faulting servers on the route will be revised at some point.

Edit: The way i fixed it the last time, was by using a VPN to retrace my route to WG, and thereby not passing through the faulting server-nodes. But I don't really consider this a great option, as it would require an active subscription to a decent VPN-provider.

Edit Edit: To author of topic: You might wanna let the PingPlotter run for more than 30 minutes, as the lag-spikes aren't consistent.

Its running from 20:50 to 21:39, well they aren't consistent for me anyways, i can have a game with one lagspike or one unplayable game

Mathiaskarl #4 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12298 battles
  • [SCAVI] SCAVI

View PostPeaceful_Refugee, on 09 January 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Its running from 20:50 to 21:39, well they aren't consistent for me anyways, i can have a game with one lagspike or one unplayable game

Yes. What I meant is that in my experience the lag spikes aren't consistent. I'm having the same experience as you're describing above - where some games everything is fine, but then all of a sudden I'm getting spikes out of nowhere. Hence why I suggested you run the PingPlotter for a long amount of time. Just in case you didn't experience any spikes during the current monitoring.

cmgamesro #5 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11204 battles
  • [DS-RO] DS-RO
i have these problems to, a bit different tough, because it happens to all games, lol, all devs are stupid i guess or is it because i don't even receive electicity trough the enthernet cable? hmmmnnnn...

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #6 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14801 battles

Check your router. It's dropping a lot of packets. Because you are already using ethernet, the cable, the router or your NIC is faulty.

Also, the exit node of your ISP (5.20.2.212) is also significantly dropping packets. This can mean either:

* Your ISP's backbone is oversaturated. Call them to fix this.

* Your ISP is discriminating packets to GCore or has a bad peering agreement to GCore (Wargaming's ISP). Use a gaming VPN service to alleviate this issue.

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 09 January 2018 - 09:31 PM.

d3ky99 #7 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4097 battles
  • [SUCKS] SUCKS
Well i just started this game 2 weeks or little more ago and i have to say this lag mess up my pleasure to play this game, i suck in this game but with ping time over 700ms i cant play it, i know you wont fix this issue as any other game provider didnt do it EVER and i know you dont care what i say or other players cause your pockets are full and we dont matter a thing but i had some time so i told you this, thanks.

torque13 #8 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40677 battles
same problem here massive lag spikes and most of them are when im aiming in sniper mode or when there are tanks close to me and it wasnt that bad a few hours ago but it just gor worse and worse to point where i just couldnt play anymore and had to close the game cas i couldnt hit anything even at point blank range

Peaceful_Refugee #9 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1713 battles

View PostRed_Dragon_Firkraag, on 09 January 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Check your router. It's dropping a lot of packets. Because you are already using ethernet, the cable, the router or your NIC is faulty.

Also, the exit node of your ISP (5.20.2.212) is also significantly dropping packets. This can mean either:

* Your ISP's backbone is oversaturated. Call them to fix this.

* Your ISP is discriminating packets to GCore or has a bad peering agreement to GCore (Wargaming's ISP). Use a gaming VPN service to alleviate this issue.

This is what I've been looking for thanks!

Bordhaw #10 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9573 battles
https://pingplotter....k-problems.html

SuedKAT #11 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I had a look at your PP file, firstly you have consistent PL at hop 1, which is your own router/modem, that's something you normally see when you got issues with your home wifi. But since you got your computer connected via cable it's something else, I second Red_Dragon_Firkraag above, cable, router or NIC or a combination is most likely faulty in some way (edit: especially since it don't consistently display 100%).

Also when you have issues "the bad" PL starts at hop 5 (your ISP) and carries through to the final hop, which is an issue at your ISP, here is an example:

Edited by SuedKAT, 09 January 2018 - 09:50 PM.

meltorizor #12 Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12934 battles
  • [2PJD] 2PJD

Can this really be the ISP's fault? I have similar issues, but more like that there are constant micro lags. With 3-4 second gaps, they occur most often when enemies are spotted, especially when i am the spoter, when i change directions fast, i.e. when escaping enemy fire or peek-a-boo games and when i'm firing myself. These are "just" tenths or several hundreds of a second but more than enough to totally [edited]up my game. A friend of mine has these problems too, but not as often. I will let you gladly put me right, but WoT-Servers are famous for their poor performance, especially when many players are online. Halloween disaster anyone? I don't have these problems on a regular basis, mostly it's fine, but since the last days, these issues came up again, primarily at rush hour times. Same happened after 9.17 and 9.19. I have no problems whatsoever with any other online game i play, nor with the internet connection in general. Pls tell me how i can prove that the fault is on WG's end and not mine.

Got average like 130FPS and WoT is saved on an SSD, so it can't be any hard drive problems.

Best regards

Edited by meltorizor, 09 January 2018 - 10:49 PM.

SuedKAT #13 Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmeltorizor, on 09 January 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Can this really be the ISP's fault? I have similar issues, but more like that there are constant micro lags. With 3-4 second gaps, they occur most often when enemies are spotted, especially when i am the spoter, when i change directions fast, i.e. when escaping enemy fire or peek-a-boo games and when i'm firing myself. These are "just" tenths or several hundreds of a second but more than enough to totally [edited]up my game. A friend of mine has these problems too, but not as often. I will let you gladly put me right, but WoT-Servers are famous for their poor performance, especially when many players are online. Halloween disaster anyone? I don't have these problems on a regular basis, mostly it's fine, but since the last days, these issues came up again, primarily at rush hour times. Same happened after 9.17 and 9.19. I have no problems whatsoever with any other online game i play, nor with the internet connection in general. Pls tell me how i can prove that the fault is on WG's end and not mine.

Got average like 130FPS and WoT is saved on an SSD, so it can't be any hard drive problems.

Best regards

Yes the servers can run into issues when there are to many online, hence why they crash from time to time when we got larger events. But that generally effects everyone and not just a few, so it's quite safe to assume that when the forum ain't filled with "WTF SERVER DOWN" posts it's something on your end. It don't have to be your ISP, it can be all kinds of things causing these issues, but normally checking your connection with a tool like Pingplotter can give a good indication on were to start looking for the issue.

https://eu.wargaming.../kb/articles/50

https://eu.wargaming...kb/articles/461

https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/143

To take my self as an example, in the city I live it's two main hubs you need to pass through to get to the "outside" so to speak, one is owned and operated by Telia and the other by Telenor. The one run by Telia is a nightmare during peak hours, the one owned by Telenor don't have these issues. So if I had a different ISP than the one I have at the moment that used Telias hub I would most likely have issues playing any online game during normal hours, especially 18.00 to 22.00, which I've also tested at a few occasions and it was quite an horrific experience both in WoT but also in WoW.

meltorizor #14 Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12934 battles
  • [2PJD] 2PJD

SuedKAT #15 Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmeltorizor, on 09 January 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

<PIC>

Did you save it like OP did or did you just save a pic of it?

Reason I'm asking is since if you did save it like the OP did we can open that file and see your results first hand. If you change the time in the bottom graph to 60 seconds and click on one of the red spots you can see what happened at that exact moment and not just average numbers as we see now. It does however look like your issues start at your ISP since the packet-loss follow you to the end from there.

meltorizor #16 Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12934 battles
  • [2PJD] 2PJD
Either i don't know how or i can't change the scale of the bottom graph.

SuedKAT #17 Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmeltorizor, on 10 January 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

Either i don't know how or i can't change the scale of the bottom graph.

Above the graph to the right it say 10 minutes, right click there and you should be able to change it :)

Edit: Then you can double click on a couple of red spikes in the graph to see more exactly what was going on at that specific time, generally speaking, if you see packet-loss at any hop and it follows you to the end you have a good indication on were the problem might be.

Edited by SuedKAT, 10 January 2018 - 12:32 AM.

meltorizor #18 Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12934 battles
  • [2PJD] 2PJD
When i right click, there is only a tick which says 10 minutes, i cannot change it no matter how i try it. May be because it's just the free version.

SuedKAT #19 Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hmm strange, I am using the free version as well and I get this:

Edit: Just noticed that apparently I got the pro version for 14 days on this computer which is strange since I have had it installed since 2015 or so.

Edit2: Can you export the sample set, press "File" and then "Export Sample Set", then "All Data..." then upload it.

Edited by SuedKAT, 10 January 2018 - 01:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users