Medium Tanks Q again, British Or Czech

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

Hi guys, I feel like grinding another medium line. As before, my main objective will be the tier9 but maybe there is also a few gems along the way worth keeping. After all, I do have several tier6 mediums I enjoy playing so I ask those that know. Which of these two nations medium line is more enjoyable, should come with a warning or ultimately, has the better mediums or better tier9 medium which would be the Centurion 7/1 and the  Skoda T50. The Centurion lines appear to be really strong in hull down with well armored turrets and very accurate high pen guns since the buff while the T50 has a really nice autoloader. Also, which so you think suits the current meta, urban maps, just performs better across most situations? Also, which is the easier grind and the more enjoyable grind both in terms of the tier9 themselves but also the tanks along the way?

Thanks.

mvdt #2 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37303 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

Personally I don't have the Cent. yet, still at tier 8. The Skoda is awesome tho.

As for the grind, go for the British, you dont want to play the TVP VTU, although it is good in countering the Defender IIRC

undutchable80 #3 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6325 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Cant speak for the czech line since I havent started it, but I am on the UK MT line (currently on T6) and I am enjoying it. The mid-tiers were alright actually, so dont think you can go wrong there...

K_A #4 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The grind for the Skoda is really painful, both the tier 7 and 8 tanks that precede it were not enjoyable at all, but it was worth it. I'm doing a full 300 dpg more in the tier 9 Skoda than in the tier 10 CAX. Don't get me wrong, I like the CAX too, and I kinda liked the Cent 7/1 as well, even though I played it well before the buffs it quite recently got. Both are good options, but if I had to choose one I'd take the Skoda.

hajoittaja #5 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36652 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
Haven't played czech line past T6, because the grind after that looks painful. But british line is full of good tanks,  for me even too many keepers, so I've had to grind 3 different medium crews. Currently at Cent 1, which is my favorite T8 right now. 

Mimos_A #6 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21286 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

The Czech grind is pretty horrid. The tier 6 is a pretty awesome little tank. The tier 7 while not a complete turd tends to be a source of immense frustration due to the gun just donking shots all over the place constantly even when fully aimed. Snapshots are just not an option, ever. The tier 8 is abysmal.

The British line has a lot of fun tanks if they're your thing. The Crusader used to be fun, haven't played it since they changed it to a med (don't know if they changed anything else about it),the Cromwell is pretty fun, the Comet is awesome (IMHO). The Centurion I didn't like much, but I only played it pre-buff and pre-arty nerf, which means paper turret and giant arty landing surface and no alpha to trade. It has good pen though, which is worth a lot in the current meta and tier 8 mm. The 7/1 is absolutely amazing. HESH is so much fun, the gun is nice. The AX is just a beast. I really enjoy that tank.

Dava_117 #7 Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17581 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

In Cz line iI'm at tier 5 and I almost given up to the grind. Those tanks are really bad, with low module healt and no armour.

I'm at tier 7 in UK meds and I'm enjoying the line a lot. Tier 4 Covenanter was a keeper for me, tier 5 was nice (even if it was a light back then), Crommwell is trash (mainly due to bad gun handling combined with no armour) while I found Comet quite more enjoyable. Looking forward for the Cent1, that may be a really good tank eith that high pen gun and strong turret.

I would definitly suggest you the Centurion line!

Edited by Dava_117, 10 January 2018 - 04:02 PM.

trispect #8 Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 32965 battles
  • [HSOP] HSOP
Czech grind is horrendous while basically every tank from tier 6 upwards in Brit line is nice to play. Then again both tier 9 and 10 in Czech line are awesome and better than their Brit counterparts.

Manamune #9 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20545 battles
Well u have to play the worst tier 8 tvpvtu and farm 156k exp with this crap and u gnna be playing vs tier 10 all the time mind that....if u can spare gold and convert exp go for it if not go for centurion

Edited by Manamune, 10 January 2018 - 05:01 PM.

deviljin786 #10 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11836 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
Cant say anything about the UK mediums  above T6 but I did enjoy them , As for the Czech line I found the low tiers dreadful and only got good from tiers 5+. Tier 6 skoda is a keeper if you like autoloaders and tier 7 was a bit of a let down. However that being said I am loving the TVP VTU (stock turret with t8 gun) and find it much better then the T7.  and cant wait for the T9. I will rind the UK line as well 

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

Fair enough, the Brit medium line it is then based on those answers for a more enjoyable grind. Also, turns out I must have had some attempt at that line ages ago when I was a new player I guess and could jump straight to the tierV albeit totally stock. I also have the retro-cool WW1 crew for it from the now retired Alecto. 3 crew only? Never knew...

So I'll leave the skill box alone for now and will be able to jump the crew to the Cromie without costing much xp loss in due time but for now, what is the easier way to grind this stock tank, is the derp any use?

Dava_117 #12 Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17581 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 January 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Fair enough, the Brit medium line it is then based on those answers for a more enjoyable grind. Also, turns out I must have had some attempt at that line ages ago when I was a new player I guess and could jump straight to the tierV albeit totally stock. I also have the retro-cool WW1 crew for it from the now retired Alecto. 3 crew only? Never knew...

So I'll leave the skill box alone for now and will be able to jump the crew to the Cromie without costing much xp loss in due time but for now, what is the easier way to grind this stock tank, is the derp any use?

Don't use the derp. Yoi got a fantastic agile tank. Use the stock gun untill you unlock the following 6pdr guns. 78 pen and 2.5 sec reload isn't that bad.

Brodie_ #13 Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 76010 battles

I would say that the British is the more enjoyable line.

Mainly because the T34/100 is soooo horrible.

Alright, it can peform ok.

But every time I had to do a daily double in it.

I was thinking; This POS again. 

Was so sick of it at the end.

The abysmal gun depression & handling get sooo boring!

The tier 8 Czech is better. (Because it has gun depression!!!!!)

Think I stayed with the stock turret cos of that...

But it's still pretty lackluster.

With matchmaking currently the way it is.

I imagine it is pretty bad aswell now.

The tier 9 Czech is lovely.

I really enjoyed it.

Have the tier X in my garage but have not played it yet.

But as it is so similar to the tier 9, I'm expecting great things!

T25 tier 6 is a really nice tank aswell.

Most of the British meds are great now.

Though it is a long time since I played through them.

Still have my Crommy & Comet in the garage.

Centurion AX is awesome though!

Very worth it.

I'm not sure if I can decide which tier X I would like the most?

But luckily I do not have to make that decision... :honoring:

Though I would repeat that, I think the British line will be less of a chore.

Good luck!

P.S. After just looking at your post above, I remember that the Crusader was my least favorite tank of the British meds, so do not let it dishearten you!

Edited by Brodie_, 10 January 2018 - 09:44 PM.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostBrodie_, on 10 January 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

P.S. After just looking at your post above, I remember that the Crusader was my least favorite tank of the British meds, so do not let it dishearten you!

lol ya so far so bad.. hard to believe this tank is of the same tier of the likes of the derp Sherman, T-34 and derp Panzer4 H.. but to be fair it's stock, can only get better, has some fun pew pew potential so far, just getting teams of losers in true WOT fashion lol... I'll plug on

Brodie_ #15 Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 76010 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 January 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

lol ya so far so bad.. hard to believe this tank is of the same tier of the likes of the derp Sherman, T-34 and derp Panzer4 H.. but to be fair it's stock, can only get better, has some fun pew pew potential so far, just getting teams of losers in true WOT fashion lol... I'll plug on

Get the top 6 pounder on it & even though you may miss a 3rd of your shots!

It's dpm is such that it can be very effective.

Always make sure you have an escape plan.

Then pop back out again & POW POW POW!

Dava_117 #16 Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17581 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 January 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

To be fair, Crusader still need LT gameplay, even if it's listed as MT. The top gun is really good. Nice pen and high RoF. 

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostDava_117, on 10 January 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

To be fair, Crusader still need LT gameplay, even if it's listed as MT. The top gun is really good. Nice pen and high RoF. 

So it seams and if I had a full camo crew on it perhaps it might be but as it stands, now fully upgraded, the crusader is by far, the WORST tier5 medium I have ever played. It's probably better than that atrocious German heavy tank I forget the name of but this Crusader has no view range, no light tank constant camo, terrible top speed, no armor and a gun that shoots anywhere but where you want it too.. or you can wait for ages to maybe land a shot.. for 75dmg. No time for it, will suffer it to the Cromie which I know is better but this Crusader is torture. Don't care to get an Ace, don't care to get a few marks, don't care to get a decent win rate, at the moment its in the 30 percent, hate it, hate the teams, hate the total helpless and useless gun when you get into brawl that just misses even from point blank range almost, sigh... I think I'll keep it!! :teethhappy:

Brodie_ #18 Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 76010 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 January 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

So it seams and if I had a full camo crew on it perhaps it might be but as it stands, now fully upgraded, the crusader is by far, the WORST tier5 medium I have ever played. It's probably better than that atrocious German heavy tank I forget the name of but this Crusader has no view range, no light tank constant camo, terrible top speed, no armor and a gun that shoots anywhere but where you want it too.. or you can wait for ages to maybe land a shot.. for 75dmg. No time for it, will suffer it to the Cromie which I know is better but this Crusader is torture. Don't care to get an Ace, don't care to get a few marks, don't care to get a decent win rate, at the moment its in the 30 percent, hate it, hate the teams, hate the total helpless and useless gun when you get into brawl that just misses even from point blank range almost, sigh... I think I'll keep it!! :teethhappy:

Just get through it to the Crommy.

Fully upgrade that, & then once you have got addicted, fallen in love & want to marry it, & wonder where it has been all your life!

Buy a Crommy B & sell it for the Comet.

The Crommy B is just a teensy weeny tiny little bit better... ( I mean that btw. Just a tiny little bit. Not much!)

Then just enjoy the rest of the line & enjoy ramming Type 64's in the Crommy B in skirmish after skirmish... :izmena:

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostBrodie_, on 10 January 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

Just get through it to the Crommy.

Fully upgrade that, & then once you have got addicted, fallen in love & want to marry it, & wonder where it has been all your life!

Buy a Crommy B & sell it for the Comet.

The Crommy B is just a teensy weeny tiny little bit better... ( I mean that btw. Just a tiny little bit. Not much!)

Then just enjoy the rest of the line & enjoy ramming Type 64's in the Crommy B in skirmish after skirmish... :izmena:

That's not a bad idea I could get in a few battles with the CromB and crew train while grinding the other thing and it's only around €14 or something. I don't see it for sale though. The Crusader isn't too bad at times actually, don't get me wrong I think it's an awful tank but it has it's moments. Seems to be an ok support tank with that dpm just tagging behind better tanks and waiting for moments to race in behind close and apply that decent dpm, other than than.. shmeh. I also think I expect too much from tier 4 and 5 players... I forget they are new and shouldn't really. But with this tank I can't be the difference so it's a bit frustrating at times when I know if I had my PZ4 or Sherman would demolish the other team in some of those battles but it's a fast enough grind anyway so will be easily the Crommy tomorrow and perhaps unlock most its modules of which there are many

NoPoet406 #20 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2330 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
Going back to TungstenHitman's post, it's easy to write off the Crusader, and many, many other British tanks, as wretched poo-stains which should have seen WoT's designers sacked after being slapped across their slack-jawed, simpleton's faces. However, what you've got to remember when playing British tanks is that you are engaging MAN MODE.

Not for you, the ego-soothing rubbish being produced by other nations that give unworthy, complaining fools an instant +1000 WN8 boost. Pah! You also won't get a high WN8 by paying money or doing 800 damage per shot. You will struggle for every point of XP, be amazed when shots actually pen, you will rejoice in every victory, for everything you earn while playing in a British tank was earned by your own manliness.

No mark of excellence means more than one that was earned by someone playing in MAN MODE.

Choose British tanks - choose frustration - choose defeat in the jaws of certain victory - choose to be no-one's hero, and to remake yourself once your spirit is broken, so that a year from now when you have stripes on the barrel of your British vehicles, you'll know that out of everyone in the game, you did it the hard way.

Buckle up, you're in for a ride.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users