Starting to get a gut full of high calibre derp guns

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Noo_Noo #1 Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21559 battles

yep. As the title says to be honest, especially the Japanese heavies. 

I honestly cant wait for all of those players in their O-Ni's and O-Ho's to reach the Type 4 and Type 5 heavies. They will be an infestation at that level. They already are at Tiers 6 and 7 right now, despite WG's claims that not many people play them.

Aikl #2 Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

There are probably plenty who either keep their O-Ni/O-No or downgrade when they realize everyone spams gold at their Type 4. The O-Ni in particular is perfect for a lot of players, and derp gun is "fun", you know.

Not saying they're good (for the game) in any way, but it's pretty darn obvious what the idea behind the O-Derps really is.

Edited by Aikl, 10 January 2018 - 04:46 PM.

Noo_Noo #3 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21559 battles

View PostAikl, on 10 January 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

There are probably plenty who either keep their O-Ni/O-No or downgrade when they realize everyone spams gold at their Type 4. The O-Ni in particular is perfect for a lot of players, and derp gun is "fun", you know.

Not saying they're good (for the game) in any way, but it's pretty darn obvious what the idea behind the O-Derps really is.

indeed I've played enough of the KV-2 and I currently have the M4 Sherman. It's the ones at the higher tiers that bug me most that have the Derp gun combined with high HP and very good armour. 

I just peaked with a game where the enemy had 5 such tanks. Two were in a platoon. I bet they had fun but the result was pretty obvious early on. 

Balc0ra #4 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNoo_Noo, on 10 January 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

I honestly cant wait for all of those players in their O-Ni's and O-Ho's to reach the Type 4 and Type 5 heavies. They will be an infestation at that level. They already are at Tiers 6 and 7 right now, despite WG's claims that not many people play them.

But derp guns on tier 4 and 5 killing everything with one shot is fine? As there are more derps there vs on higher tiers. Sure the O-I and O-Hi have some of the highest population the past 4 weeks among HT's of their tier, but not the most games. KV-2 still dominates on that. Tier 8 HT is not as popular. As that is not as good with the tier 6 derp even.

Then again.. I see you have never played them. If you played the tier 7/8/9 with the AP guns. You would run derp to. As the tier 8 was 100% useless with it's AP gun when I played it. It did not even have gold ammo on it. And 215 pen vs tier X armor on the HT line is not ideal. Thus most went with the O-I derp gun on that to. And when the tanks are not working with their AP guns, and the AP guns are less appealing. People will run derps. And thus, as I've said before. Jap HT's needs buffs to make the AP guns more appealing over derps. As atm, they are 100% useless, and don't work unless you run gold most of the time.

Isharial #5 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19425 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 10 January 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

But derp guns on tier 4 and 5 killing everything with one shot is fine? As there are more derps there vs on higher tiers. Sure the O-I and O-Hi have some of the highest population the past 4 weeks among HT's of their tier, but not the most games. KV-2 still dominates on that. Tier 8 HT is not as popular. As that is not as good with the tier 6 derp even.

Then again.. I see you have never played them. If you played the tier 7/8/9 with the AP guns. You would run derp to. As the tier 8 was 100% useless with it's AP gun when I played it. It did not even have gold ammo on it. And 215 pen vs tier X armor on the HT line is not ideal. Thus most went with the O-I derp gun on that to. And when the tanks are not working with their AP guns, and the AP guns are less appealing. People will run derps. And thus, as I've said before. Jap HT's needs buffs to make the AP guns more appealing over derps. As atm, they are 100% useless, and don't work unless you run gold most of the time.

^^^^

if anything, derps are killing lower tier gameplay more than they are higher tier

it negates armour at higher tiers, sure, but as a newbie, would you rather get hit by that, or one shot by someone in a 4H?

being one shot, a few games in a row, is sure to drive away new players before they've even understood the game or why that happened...  same with T67 being able to hide and snipe poor newbies before they even have a chance at seeing them

lower tier gameplay is broken by derps, higher tiers are simply warped in a very small way by them..

A T49 wont one shot much, it wont even one shot a CDC unless it ammo racks it or sets it on fire.. but a 4H can one shot most, if not all T4 tanks...

game doesn't revolve around T8-10 and that's where the majority of the playerbase and even WG themselves don't actually understand or acknowledge...

Noo_Noo #6 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21559 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 10 January 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

No low tiers is as bad I guess but at least these tanks are better balanced through poorer armour etc. I'm not having a go at people for playing these tanks either. WG put them in and set them up that way. You have to expect players to play the vehicles in their strongest configuration. So its not a people problem as such, more a game / set up one. 

No I haven't played and I have no short term plans to do so either. I prefer tanks with higher mobility at the moment. 

I've got no problem with supporting any changes to these tanks that make the AP guns more appealing. That sounds logical but what do we do with HE? it is after all a shell that was / is used by tanks, although I believe it mostly used to clear enemy lines / soft targets rather than at other armoured vehicles.

Edited by Noo_Noo, 10 January 2018 - 06:22 PM.

HeidenSieker #7 Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostNoo_Noo, on 10 January 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Use "teamwork". Light them up, stay safe, and let your team's SPGs drop a couple on them to soften them up.

TheOneAboveAII #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13100 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostAikl, on 10 January 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Ha, I spam gold at everything that starts with "O-" and both Type 4 and Type 5 without any kind of remorse...with happiness actually...you play those tanks...you deserve all the gold in the world to enter through your armour...front, sides, rear and top.

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 11 January 2018 - 02:54 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15520 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 11 January 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

Ha, I spam gold at everything that starts with "O-" and both Type 4 and Type 5 without any kind of remorse...with happiness actually...you play those tanks...you deserve all the gold in the world to enter through your armour...front, sides, rear and top.

Only time I wouldn't do the same is if there's something else in the game that my Gold might be better saved for. If not however, I don't care if I have enough pen and don't even have to worry about lowrolling or anything (I'm talking like, Tiger II 10.5cm vs. O-I), I'll gladly press the 2 Key just out of spite for those things.

TheOneAboveAII #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13100 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 January 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

Only time I wouldn't do the same is if there's something else in the game that my Gold might be better saved for. If not however, I don't care if I have enough pen and don't even have to worry about lowrolling or anything (I'm talking like, Tiger II 10.5cm vs. O-I), I'll gladly press the 2 Key just out of spite for those things.

Spamming S1's premium apcr at O-I is the best way to shoot those expensive shells.

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:03 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15520 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 11 January 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

Spamming S1's premium apcr at O-I is the best way to shoot those expensive shells.

Well I mean, you add an S1 Into the equation and now I'm not sure how to react since I hate Swedish TDs more than Japanese superheavies. :popcorn:

TheOneAboveAII #12 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13100 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Fine...spamming obj 416's  330 pen heat at O-I...happy?

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 11 January 2018 - 03:04 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15520 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 11 January 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

Fine...spamming 416 330 heat at O-I...happy?

Very. :P

Phobos4321 #14 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:32 AM

General

• Player
  • 43087 battles

View PostIsharial, on 10 January 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

^^^^

if anything, derps are killing lower tier gameplay more than they are higher tier

it negates armour at higher tiers, sure, but as a newbie, would you rather get hit by that, or one shot by someone in a 4H?

being one shot, a few games in a row, is sure to drive away new players before they've even understood the game or why that happened...  same with T67 being able to hide and snipe poor newbies before they even have a chance at seeing them

lower tier gameplay is broken by derps, higher tiers are simply warped in a very small way by them..

A T49 wont one shot much, it wont even one shot a CDC unless it ammo racks it or sets it on fire.. but a 4H can one shot most, if not all T4 tanks...

game doesn't revolve around T8-10 and that's where the majority of the playerbase and even WG themselves don't actually understand or acknowledge...

i wouldnt really sign this

is it your way or is the the other way around ?

starting a thought of "man, i need that tank too" 

thought getting the tanks you thought of being broken/or OP (at least for the non premium ones) you might realize not everything is bright and there are weaksides too

also derp guns are rather inaccurate and you would need some pen. if you want the oneshot 

also derps are in a rather strange situation   as they wouldnt be the best choice vs every tier  just take  the Kv2 

back in the days with the normal +/-2 MM  shooting your  152mm at t4s was overkill  when even your Zis6 might be able to oneshot them, for T5s the gun might be still overkill and the zis6 being far more flexible, at T6 the derp might shine, at T7 the derp would get trouble to pen as such cutting the damage by half and vs T8  you might get the situation the damage  might not be good but your other guns might have trouble penning anything even facing hardships with pressing 2      

Cobra6 #15 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostAikl, on 10 January 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

I'm playing the O-Ni at the moment and dear god it's not treating me well. Sure the DERP does damage and my average damage is 1500 (relatively normal for me on a tier 7 tank) but only a 33% winratio after 18 battles. I don't know, it attracts idiot teams for me somehow and I'm not really having fun in it.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 11 January 2018 - 08:39 AM.

Captain_Kremen0 #16 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36801 battles

OP comes to forum to whine about Derps

Get's found out for Derping seals at lower tier

OP last seen in a taxi driving away.

Personally I hate my O-1 and find that mostly the derp gun couldn't hit a barn from the inside while an infestation of T71s gives it a fatal enema.

EDIT: - PS I love my T71 for just this reason.

Edited by Captain_Kremen0, 11 January 2018 - 08:54 AM.

Lord_Edge #17 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5951 battles

View PostCobra6, on 11 January 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

I'm playing the O-Ni at the moment and dear god it's not treating me well. Sure the DERP does damage and my average damage is 1500 (relatively normal for me on a tier 7 tank) but only a 33% winratio after 18 battles. I don't know, it attracts idiot teams for me somehow and I'm not really having fun in it.

Cobra 6

If you're expecting the line to get more fun after the O-Ni I have some bad news for you :(

Homer_J #18 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNoo_Noo, on 10 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

Most will never get that far.

They will play the tier 7 thinking the tier 8 can't be any worse than this then they start on the tier 8 and find it is.  They will either give up or go back to the tier 6.  Only the serious masochists will plough on to tier 9 where they find out that to be effective they have to shoot premium ammo constantly.  Those two will drain your bank account pretty quickly.

MR_FIAT #19 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18921 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
did the Pz IV H and M4 sherman ever mount 105mm Howitzers irl? therr certainly should be a reduction of derps present on T5 just to reduce baby seal oneshots. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #20 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47642 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

View PostHomer_J, on 11 January 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Most will never get that far.

They will play the tier 7 thinking the tier 8 can't be any worse than this then they start on the tier 8 and find it is.  They will either give up or go back to the tier 6.  Only the serious masochists will plough on to tier 9 where they find out that to be effective they have to shoot premium ammo constantly.  Those two will drain your bank account pretty quickly.

Yeah, didn't like the O-Ho at all but overall the line was very economical to play in terms of credits. You wanna see credits drain play the T54 to unlock both T62 and obj. 140 :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users