Jump to content


TD meta is starting to give me Edited


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

phantom_mitsaras #1 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:07 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8606 battles
  • 280
  • Member since:
    03-11-2011
I don't understand why people play those pieces of crap, they aren't realy good , they cant carry and they are INSANELY boring to play. However they can ruin your game with 1 miss step or bad luck

imperiumgraecum #2 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:11 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 60691 battles
  • 2,845
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    01-03-2011
get good or get rekt

Temid23 #3 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 52635 battles
  • 684
  • [G-STR] G-STR
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013
Well that what you get with over buffed armor on Super heavies: More players go for tanks that have better chance to pen them. Go thank Murazor or w/e that clown in charge of "balancing" department is called.

Isharial #4 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:15 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19637 battles
  • 2,343
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

most CAN carry

fun value is completely irrelevant, since that's pure opinion and nothing more

and most don't "ruin your game with 1 click" there are few that can do that, and the ones that can have serious problems in their own right... like any other tank (183 and 4003 excluded, they shouldn't have that kind of alpha IMO)


 

buy an SU-100 and you will realise what a REAL td can do and perform, and it CAN carry a game


 

you've played 300 games, and tried 1 SINGLE td line, and you base your opinions solely on that? (and sucked in the T6 SU, and T8 ISU) only one that you did reasonably well in is the SU-152 and its slow AF and cant carry, but is completely unrepresentative of the TD's in this game


 



dimethylcadmium #5 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5870 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017

>TD's can't carry

 

 

 

would've been like 73% with the old MM and tier 8s in tier 6 games


Edited by dimethylcadmium, 11 January 2018 - 01:28 AM.


Exozen #6 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:37 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31008 battles
  • 1,068
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011
I feel that high rate of fire mediums is more annoying to play against , mainly because the track repair is so unbalanced. Like seriosly , my batchat repairs its track in like 3-4 sec , while most heavy tanks needs atleast 8. TD's just shoot once and then you got so much time to get away , well unless its a 183mm HESH shell then you are pretty much fuked either way if it pens.

Edited by Exozen, 11 January 2018 - 01:37 AM.


Derethim #7 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17358 battles
  • 1,881
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

TDs can and do carry.

The problem is, most matches on tier X are now 70% heavies and the other 30% are TDs/arty.

LTs have completely dissapeared, since they messed them up and meds do not really have any role left in tier X matches whatsoever. Because how can you face a Maus in a tier X med? Any of them except 907?

You have to get 90° on his side, rear or load gold and shoot the LFP. All the while there is either two more of them together, or it's a combination of Maus, Type 5 and IS-7. The IS-7 being the least OP out of all of them.

So no, we don't have a TD meta, we have an HT meta and the TDs are just an inferior counter to them if you by chance get a map, that is not one, single, big coridor and they can actually carry.

But try to counter a Maus platoon on Ensk in Object 268. It's a guaranteed loss for your team, unless the Maus platoon is made of monkeys - which can drive this tank with good results too. Right now it's almost all heavies, a bit of TDs and maybe some arty in the mix for the fun of one-shotting any TD, that gets accidentally spotted, or just slowing down the heavies a bit.

And the other two classes are utterly pointless right now.

The hightiers in this game have sunk to a new low since the last September in the wake of Wargaming farming Premium account money, so that the players can afford to spam gold at the heavies and actually stand a tiny chance.



Jigabachi #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 18,923
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
If you think that you have cancer, you should visit a doctor. These days you have good chances to beat it instead of dying a horribly slow and painful death.


About those TDs: Well. Many of them are fun to play. The game would be quite boring when all tanks were the same.

HeidenSieker #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,649
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostJigabachi, on 11 January 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

If you think that you have

 

Piles, possibly....

Isharial #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19637 battles
  • 2,343
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostJigabachi, on 11 January 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

If you think that you have cancer, you should visit a doctor. These days you have good chances to beat it instead of dying a horribly slow and painful death.


About those TDs: Well. Many of them are fun to play. The game would be quite boring when all tanks were the same.

 

OP would probably complain that their T-54 can no longer fight things that cant pen it :trollface:

 

honestly, this guy plays mediums only, namely T-54, T-34, and T25 pilot... and the majority of their tanks are Russian... I don't understand why they have such trouble with TD's (they obviously have something against them) half of them cant defend themselves against a full heat spamming T-54 anyway...


 

the way this OP posts, its like they're a complete idiot being carried by platoon mates (which is quite possible given the low DPG of the majority of their tanks, and the amount of platoon medals they have)



imperiumgraecum #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:04 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 60691 battles
  • 2,845
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    01-03-2011

View PostIsharial, on 11 January 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

the way this OP posts, its like he's a complete idiot being carried by platoon mates

 

Fixed.

It's not his main account; his 1st account's stats are far better, I just happen to know OP irl, and I can assure you, he's a complete idiot :teethhappy:


Edited by imperiumgraecum, 11 January 2018 - 02:04 AM.


TheOneAboveAII #12 Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13688 battles
  • 488
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016
They can't carry?...my E3...jageroo...jagdtiger...t95...t30...t28...etc...would like to disagree with you.

unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17997 battles
  • 2,563
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Smoking causes cancer.

The wrong diet can cause cancer.

 

Playing a vehicle in a computer game does not.

 

Try growing up and find a better word to describe your dislike of an aspect of a computer game and stop acting like a spoiled child.



Sfinski #14 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:09 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31462 battles
  • 2,518
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View Postphantom_mitsaras, on 11 January 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

I don't understand why people play those pieces of crap, they aren't realy good , they cant carry and they are INSANELY boring to play. However they can ruin your game with 1 miss step or bad luck

 

At least it needs that misstep unlike arty that can ruin your game and in plenty of the maps there's nothing you can do about it.

Phobos4321 #15 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:31 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,301
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011
and another epic player  on top of the world  being in charge to decide what others have fun with or not ...

Toni112007 #16 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:04 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9772 battles
  • 424
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
What do you mean they are boring to play? I like to punch enemy for huge alpha damage.

Edited by Toni112007, 11 January 2018 - 07:06 AM.


Toni112007 #17 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9772 battles
  • 424
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostDerethim, on 11 January 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

TDs can and do carry.

The problem is, most matches on tier X are now 70% heavies and the other 30% are TDs/arty.

LTs have completely dissapeared, since they messed them up and meds do not really have any role left in tier X matches whatsoever. Because how can you face a Maus in a tier X med? Any of them except 907?

You have to get 90° on his side, rear or load gold and shoot the LFP. All the while there is either two more of them together, or it's a combination of Maus, Type 5 and IS-7. The IS-7 being the least OP out of all of them.

So no, we don't have a TD meta, we have an HT meta and the TDs are just an inferior counter to them if you by chance get a map, that is not one, single, big coridor and they can actually carry.

But try to counter a Maus platoon on Ensk in Object 268. It's a guaranteed loss for your team, unless the Maus platoon is made of monkeys - which can drive this tank with good results too. Right now it's almost all heavies, a bit of TDs and maybe some arty in the mix for the fun of one-shotting any TD, that gets accidentally spotted, or just slowing down the heavies a bit.

And the other two classes are utterly pointless right now.

The hightiers in this game have sunk to a new low since the last September in the wake of Wargaming farming Premium account money, so that the players can afford to spam gold at the heavies and actually stand a tiny chance.

 

How can you face Maus in tier 10 meds? Spam HEAT at it's turret? I did it even in my E75 which is heavy. I did like 2k damage on it alone. I guess that Maus player was bad but still...

Edited by Toni112007, 11 January 2018 - 07:13 AM.


Archaean #18 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15130 battles
  • 1,177
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

View PostExozen, on 11 January 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

I feel that high rate of fire mediums is more annoying to play against , mainly because the track repair is so unbalanced. Like seriosly , my batchat repairs its track in like 3-4 sec , while most heavy tanks needs atleast 8. TD's just shoot once and then you got so much time to get away , well unless its a 183mm HESH shell then you are pretty much fuked either way if it pens.

 

while 3-4 seconds is not realistic. 6 seconds on heavies isn't either. BUT replacing the tire on a bicycle is faster than on a car, right?

Obsessive_Compulsive #19 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 25279 battles
  • 8,048
  • [ADUK] ADUK
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostArchaean, on 11 January 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

 

while 3-4 seconds is not realistic. 6 seconds on heavies isn't either. BUT replacing the tire on a bicycle is faster than on a car, right?

 

No.  bicycle tyre takes around 10 minutes, a car tyre takes around 10 minutes.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:12 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65957 battles
  • 16,077
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
TD is the new meta? Yesterday it was bad teams, derps and campers. Today it's TD's and lemmings. What game have you lot been playing the last few years?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users