Female BiA Perk

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Babbet_1 #1 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11048 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Only my second post, so please tell me gently if I am making an ar$e of myself!

Having acquired 4 female crew in the Xmas/New Year event, I decided to assign one of them to my newly acquired Comet as commander and then recruit the rest of the crew, trained to 100% (except Radio Op 75%) I was surprised to see that the commander's 100% BiA perk had extended to the rest of the crew, as I expected to have to train this on each member individually. My questions are: Is this how BiA normally applies, or just with female/reward crew? Could I have recruited a female into any of the other positions (e.g. driver) and gained the same result? 

As it stands, there seems little to be gained by assigning more than one female to a tank, except of course for the un-allocated 100% skill - Seems more advantageous to have Bia on 4 tanks than just one. Am I reading this correctly?

Eaglax #2 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

Block Quote

commander's 100% BiA perk had extended to the rest of the crew,

it doesn't, you have to train it on every crew member.

The perk symbol should be kinda grey and transparent, and your commander should have 100% main-skill (without ration and vents ofc)

Maybe you are mistaken it with the normal commander bonus?

Samus #3 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 512 battles

You need a full crew with BIA at 100% to activate the perk. You will be seeing the normal comander bonus.

You should see her 1st perk is greyed out, does hovering over it not give a description explaining such?

My own female members, 5 of them, went into the same tank for maximum benefit.

Eaglax #4 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

View PostSamus, on 11 January 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

My own female members, 5 of them, went into the same tank for maximum benefit.

since the "sister in arms" is compatible with normal BiA that's a waste of 4 free 100% commaders with sixth sense (+BiA), imho. Ofc you have a very good crew from the get go if you play with a full female crew, but in the long run and especially if you want to play many tanks, it's not the best option, again, imho :)

Edited by Eaglax, 11 January 2018 - 01:35 PM.

Samus #5 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 512 battles

View PostEaglax, on 11 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

since the "sister in arms" is compatible with normal BiA that's a waste of 4 free 100% commaders with sixth sense (+BiA), imho. Ofc you have a very good crew from the get go if you play with a full female crew, but in the long run and especially if you want to play many tanks, it's not the best option, again, imho :)

It's a valid opinion but not one I agree with, i'm a casual player who runs a standard account and would be running without BIA for months, so prefer one good crew in one tank over splitting a complete 3 skill crew to 5 tanks with a good commander and the rest starting at 75%.

I started out with just the female commander in the px 38H then a Driver too, both went to the Leopard and stayed there until i had 4 females, when i got a 5th they went to the Pz IVH

Edited by Samus, 11 January 2018 - 01:56 PM.

Eaglax #6 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

View PostSamus, on 11 January 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

It's a valid opinion but not one I agree with, i'm a casual player who runs a standard account and would be running without BIA for months, so prefer one good crew in one tank over splitting a complete 3 skill crew to 5 tanks with a good commander and the rest starting at 75%.

in your very specific case it does make more sense

StinkyStonky #7 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28329 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

that's a waste of 4 free 100% commaders with sixth sense (+BiA), imho. 

You are entitled to that opinion, but many don't share it.  As an approach, I think it has some merit if you are starting 4, fresh crews, but if you install 4 replacement commanders into existing crews, it's just a waste of 4 partially trained crew.

but in the long run and especially if you want to play many tanks, it's not the best option, again, imho 

This, I think you've got completely the wrong way around.  In the SHORT term, it gives you 6th sense a little earlier than you would have had it.

But in the LONG run it makes little difference.  In the long run, all your crews will have BiA, 6th sense and 2 or more other skills/perks.

Your approach just means that your elite crew is spread thin and so you never experience the boost/thrill of having a really good crew.  You just have 4 OK crews (which you would have anyway).

View PostBabbet_1, on 11 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

there seems little to be gained by assigning more than one female to a tank, except of course for the un-allocated 100% skill - Seems more advantageous to have Bia on 4 tanks than just one. Am I reading this correctly?

As previously stated, that's NOT how BiA/SoS works, you need it on all crew.  So if you do put 4 females in 4 different tanks (say, as commanders to get 6th sense straight away), it means that their SoS is likely to go unused until you (re)train BiA on ALL the other crew.  I usually do this once the crew are on their 3rd skill/perk.  If you do the same, you have a lot of games with the SoS unused.

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

General

• Player
  • 48766 battles

For a fairly new player still developing crews making the female crew commanders on 4 tanks is probably a good move.

You can always combine them again into one crew as long as they are the same nationality.

I already had lots of crews with skills so I allocated mine as all female crews.

Mav75 #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30622 battles

Here is how the crew and skills work:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew

Eaglax #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

One thing first: sixth sense is in my opinion the most crucial perk, and to not have it is a major disadvantage.

View PostStinkyStonky, on 11 January 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

You are entitled to that opinion, but many don't share it.  As an approach, I think it has some merit if you are starting 4, fresh crews, but if you install 4 replacement commanders into existing crews, it's just a waste of 4 partially trained crew.

oh thanks, that I'm entitled to have my own opinion :)

I only meant it as commander for new crews... I never said that it would be a good idea to replace another commander with e.g. 90% sixth sense,or even with 100% sixth sense....that's ofc pointless...

This, I think you've got completely the wrong way around.  In the SHORT term, it gives you 6th sense a little earlier than you would have had it.

But in the LONG run it makes little difference.  In the long run, all your crews will have BiA, 6th sense and 2 or more other skills/perks.

Your approach just means that your elite crew is spread thin and so you never experience the boost/thrill of having a really good crew.  You just have 4 OK crews (which you would have anyway).

yes..... in the SHORT run I have 5 (not 4:)) "normal" crews (crew+sixth sense), and in the LONG run I have 5 good crews...

You on the other hand have in the SHORT run 1 excellent full-female crew, and 4 absolute crap crews...you have to train 4 times sixth sense, and if you start from 75% that's a LOT of XP you need....and in the LONG run the one full-female crew will not be essentially better than the other 4 "normal" crews.

I don't know about you, but I prefer to not have to train 4 times sixth sense up from 75% main-skill. I also prefer 5 good crews instead of 1 excellent and 4 crap ones..... And in the LONG run (>>1000 battles) the one female crew is not much better than the normal crews, because it takes a lot, a LOT, longer to train the 4th or even 5th skill.

I also said "especially if you want to play many tanks", so your last sentence is kinda pointless, especially the "and so you never experience the boost/thrill of having a really good crew" part, which is BS, because I was talking about  the LONG run, and in the LONG run every crew is really good, I just don't have the "boost/thrill" to play with (just one) really good crew from the get go.... If you only play ONE tank line it's ofc better to put a full-female crew in the tank, but AGAIN, if you wanna play many different tanks, it makes more sense (imho) to split the female-crews apart to have a commander with 6th sense from the start on, and again, in the LONG run this crew will not be much worse than the full-female crew.

As previously stated, that's NOT how BiA/SoS works, you need it on all crew.  So if you do put 4 females in 4 different tanks (say, as commanders to get 6th sense straight away), it means that their SoS is likely to go unused until you (re)train BiA on ALL the other crew.  I usually do this once the crew are on their 3rd skill/perk.  If you do the same, you have a lot of games with the SoS unused.

BiA or SoS gives a mere 5%, which is effectively not even a 5% bonus to the tank specifics such as reload. Sixth sense is so much more relevant that, again, I prefer to have BiA unused for a long time instead of having no sixth sense for a long term :)

Edited by Eaglax, 11 January 2018 - 02:43 PM.

StinkyStonky #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28329 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostEaglax, on 11 January 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

One thing first: sixth sense is in my opinion the most crucial perk, and to not have it is a major disadvantage.

BiA or SoS gives a mere 5%, which is effectively not even a 5% bonus to the tank specifics such as reload. Sixth sense is so much more relevant that, again, I prefer to have BiA unused for a long time instead of having no sixth sense for a long term :)

Some of what you say has merit but it's obvious that you hold 6th sense in much higher regard than I do.  These days, for me, 6th sense is primarily a SPOTTING perk.  When I'm deploying in early game, if 6th goes off it tells me that a hidden scout has rushed to one of just a few spotting locations.  It's rare that 6th goes off unexpectedly, in the later game.  6ths is also more useful on lights/meds than on heavies/arty.  I rarely recruit new crews these days, as I have too many lines on the grind and crews for all, but, if I do start a new line (say the Polish when it comes out), I will decide early on how many crews I want.  If I decide on keeping the Tier 6, 8 and 10, then I'd recruit a 2nd crew for the tier 5 when I moved the 5 up to the 6 and I'd recruit a 3rd when I moved the crew from the 5th/6th up to the tier 7.  I've never started a new crew above tier 6 and at the low tiers, where view ranges are low and skill levels are low (both player and crew), 6th is a lot less important.

BiA on the other hand is like a whole, extra set of vents.  It gives a massive 5% boost to the major qualification of every crew member (so aim time, reload, accuracy, signal range) as well as a boost to the common skills, camo, repair, etc. are all improved.  BiA also gives advantage to all tank classes.

I'll concede that 4 commanders might be better for new players who want to play lots of different tanks (this was me 2 years ago) AND plans to buy those new crews soon(ish) but there is also a risk.  Some of 4 tanks that get chosen may turn out to be crap lines and so after 400 battles it would be easy to find that one crew has 25 battles, one has 50, one has 100 and one has 225.  The first 4 girls I recruited all went in my IS3 and they are by far the most played crew I have.

As specific advice for the OP, he has  8600 battles and 4450 of those are in just 4 tanks (KV1, KV1S, T34, T34-85), so for him, I think putting all 4 girls in the KV-85 or T-43 would be a better option.

Eaglax #12 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 11 January 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

As specific advice for the OP, he has  8600 battles and 4450 of those are in just 4 tanks (KV1, KV1S, T34, T34-85), so for him, I think putting all 4 girls in the KV-85 or T-43 would be a better option.

well that depends what the OP wants to do, if he wants to focus only on those two tank + he wants to keep the previous ones, than yes, it's a good option.

Everything else you say makes somewhat sense, and you are right, we obviously have different opinions about the importance of sixth sense. I play more aggressively and move around a lot, so your take on sixth sense as a "spotting perk" doesn't work for me at all, no matter what tier and no matter what tank class (except arty), and I absolutely hate to play with out it. The only tank-class on which I don't use it as first perk, is arty.

But no matter how you stand to sixth sense, describing the 5% BiA-bonus (on it's own) as "massive" is kinda ridiculous. Also as said before the actual bonus it gives to the actual stats is not 5%, which would be on it's own not that much,but it's actually less then 2,5%.

You can check that either by using this formula from the wiki

or just check it in the ingame stats, when you hoover over it (e.g. my lorraine has a standard aim time of 2.59s, with BiA it's reduced by -0.06s, which is a "bonus" of -2,32% (+vents it's -0.11, which means -4,25% in total))

Don't understand me wrong, I do use BiA on many crews, but as with sixth sense, we obviously have a different opinion about it's influence/importance.

An effective bonus of not even 3% is (imho) not worth to take it instead of the possibility to show you when you are spotted. And pls don't take it the wrong way, but the majority sees it that way... at least I don't know a single guide/youtuber/streamer that would say "train BiA before sixth sense". Also if you just search through the forums on the topic, the vast majority says that sixth sense is more important than BiA.

As said there are exceptions to it, like arty or even some tanks with enormous reload times, where the small bonus is actually noticeable.

oh and btw BiA only increases the camo when you have the camo skill trained.... I just stumbled across that myself:bush:

Edited by Eaglax, 11 January 2018 - 05:57 PM.

SirDixie #13 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19855 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEaglax, on 11 January 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

it doesn't, you have to train it on every crew member.

The perk symbol should be kinda grey and transparent, and your commander should have 100% main-skill (without ration and vents ofc)

Maybe you are mistaken it with the normal commander bonus?

This, the commander grants a bonus of 10%(iirc) of their training level to the rest of the crew, so a fully trained commander in that tank will give 10% whereas a 50% trained commander will give 5% bonus to the crew.

SirDixie #14 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19855 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I kept my various female crews together in complete crews, partly through mild OCD but mostly because I started them before the changes to BiA/Sos and because I could read and understand they didn' work together...

Generally I run my crews as complete through the tech trees, I might end up with a spare loader or radio op and they can end up smashed together with whoever is spare to make extra crews from time to time. My regular crews are mostly passed the 2 skill point so there's not any benefit to dropping a new commander in there, especially as most of my crews aren't running with BiA.

Maddog_John #15 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2948 battles
I put 4 women in one tank but recruited a male loader for them because lifting lots of shells requires strength.

JCTagger #16 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13312 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMaddog_John, on 12 January 2018 - 04:25 AM, said:

I put 4 women in one tank but recruited a male loader for them because lifting lots of shells requires strength.

Ummm... Are you serious?

Edweird #17 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9569 battles

View PostBabbet_1, on 11 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Only my second post, so please tell me gently if I am making an ar$e of myself!

Having acquired 4 female crew in the Xmas/New Year event, I decided to assign one of them to my newly acquired Comet as commander and then recruit the rest of the crew, trained to 100% (except Radio Op 75%) I was surprised to see that the commander's 100% BiA perk had extended to the rest of the crew, as I expected to have to train this on each member individually. My questions are: Is this how BiA normally applies, or just with female/reward crew? Could I have recruited a female into any of the other positions (e.g. driver) and gained the same result? 

As it stands, there seems little to be gained by assigning more than one female to a tank, except of course for the un-allocated 100% skill - Seems more advantageous to have Bia on 4 tanks than just one. Am I reading this correctly?

Welcome to WOT forum.

Yes For BIA (Brothers in arms) to be active you need the entire crew to have this perk.

Put your crew on another skill until they max out and reach around 50-60% on their next skill and retrain for BIA I would suggest looking at some crew training guides which explain better than I can how to train and retrain crews in order to get the most out of them. I ALWAYS train my crews for BIA it gives such an advantage!. Well luckily for me I restarted after the female crews came away from sisterhood of steel, i already have 10 male crews all trained with BIA & 3 skills plus so,

It was pretty easy to assign a all my Ladies to command most of these tanks. I have that many women due to the campaigns as well that I have two in some tanks. Sorry to be smug, but I am very smug :P

STB1 tier 10 has Women commander and gunner + 5skill crew inc BIA

Type 61 tier 9 Women commander + 3skill crew inc BIA

PZ38Na tier 4 Women commander + 3skill crew inc BIA

WZ131  tier 7 Women commander + 3skill crew inc BIA

T20 tier 7 Women commander + 3skill crew inc BIA

T29 tier 7 Women commander + 3skill crew inc BIA

T127 tier 3 (Evil mode) Women commander + 4skill crew inc BIA muhahahahaha

LTTB tier 8Women commander + 3skill crew inc BIA

Type 64 tier 6 premium Women commander + 3skill crew inc BIA

PZ58 Mutz tier 8 Premium Women commander + 3skill crew inc BIA

One exception is my Archer which has no BIA crew but 100% so I put her on mentor to boost them up quicker.

Don’t ask me why I chose to go up the archer line so far it seems pretty poor but then again I’m a glutton for punishment. Driving backwards a lot!

I suppose I'm just a ladies man:B

Enjoy

Babbet_1 #18 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11048 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Thank you guys for all your replies, and the additional information and advice. You are unanimous as to how BiA works, and I must say that is entirely in line with my perception. However, the fact remains that, after having fought only 7 battles, my Comet crew have all somehow acquired 100% BiA, and are now working on their second skill (except Commander (3rd) and Radio Op (still working on major qual.) I am therefore led to the conclusion that this is due to a bug, or have WG singled me out for special attention?? (Not likely I know - usually, in common with most other abysmal players of this game, I am only chosen to receive the "rough end of the pineapple" so to speak.  :D)

I think the attached files speak for themselves, but please say if I am mis-reading something.

2018-01-13 (1).png

2018-01-13.png

I have since tried to replicate this by assigning another female commander to my T-43, but it didn't work a second time, so situation normal with them - i.e. only commander showing as having BiA (inactive), so the mystery remains. Just wonder if anyone else has experienced anything similar? 

Babbet_1 #19 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11048 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMaddog_John, on 12 January 2018 - 04:25 AM, said:

In that case, it's to be hoped that he doesn't dissipate his energy in providing additional benefits to the rest of the crew, if you get my drift. ;)

ederfe #20 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14980 battles

View PostBabbet_1, on 13 January 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Thank you guys for all your replies, and the additional information and advice. You are unanimous as to how BiA works, and I must say that is entirely in line with my perception. However, the fact remains that, after having fought only 7 battles, my Comet crew have all somehow acquired 100% BiA, and are now working on their second skill (except Commander (3rd) and Radio Op (still working on major qual.) I am therefore led to the conclusion that this is due to a bug, or have WG singled me out for special attention?? (Not likely I know - usually, in common with most other abysmal players of this game, I am only chosen to receive the "rough end of the pineapple" so to speak.  :D)

I think the attached files speak for themselves, but please say if I am mis-reading something.

2018-01-13 (1).png

2018-01-13.png

I have since tried to replicate this by assigning another female commander to my T-43, but it didn't work a second time, so situation normal with them - i.e. only commander showing as having BiA (inactive), so the mystery remains. Just wonder if anyone else has experienced anything similar? 

You know that Cromwell B of yours came with a crew with bia from the start. :) check the commander you replaced with the girl. He has bia too.

The old saying a picture tells more than a thousand words held true once again. Thanks for posting the pictures! :)

Edited by ederfe, 13 January 2018 - 02:23 PM.

Also tagged with Female, BiA, Perk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users