Light Tanks - Remove or Improve

light tanks are still thrash to play with

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

Excuse the tag spam, but should sum up what the class is all about. Alternatively, my current signature provides a good TL;DR

By parts since it would become a wall of text.

LT "Rebalance"

Heavy Tank "Meta"

Current Mapset and Maps

Medium Tank "Lights"

Scout MM and personal final considerations

I expect my post to contain several inaccuracies, has already been repeatedly said... but since it's probably gonna fall in deaf ears anyway, doesn't really make a difference does it?

The new patch preview doesn't feature anything about this class and I normally wouldn't complain about it, but having to grind to Tier IX to get a half decent LT and then X for a crippled medium, isn't really a good definition of "fun".

Sorry for my raging, I don't normally do this but...

Whoever supplies this to WG "gmae" "balens" ought to stop.

Spoiler

Edited by WindSplitter1, 13 January 2018 - 12:37 AM.

OberstTed #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13119 battles
  • [-MBK-] -MBK-
I just want my speed back.....

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

View PostOberstTed, on 11 January 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

I just want my speed back.....

Same. This is the main thing that makes LTs. Many of them can't even scratch past the 60km/h cap.

Giving back their speed and view range would at least solve some issues, but I believe all changes should be fully reverted.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
First we need proper maps, THEN we can discuss all the other changes.

WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 12 January 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

First we need proper maps, THEN we can discuss all the other changes.

Way ahead of you:

Skip to 4.33 if you see the video. The first map sounds more interesting than the second. But... I suspect you already know as you're a senior member... :)

Jigabachi #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't, I stopped following the news years ago. ;)
But thanks for the info, will take a look tomorrow.

Afdass #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12976 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 12 January 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Way ahead of you:

Skip to 4.33 if you see the video. The first map sounds more interesting than the second. But... I suspect you already know as you're a senior member... :)

New maps, the meta will be the same in the 2nd one. Camp in a bush somewhere and stay there for 15min as we have already in some maps. Even the 1st map has its camping positions where we will see Maus getting cover over those 2 hills or STRV's beeing the last tank alive because reasons.

Sebenza #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13652 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 12 January 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Excuse the tag spam, but should sum up what the class is all about. Alternatively, my current signature provides a good TL;DR

LT "Rebalance"

Heavy Tank "Meta"

Current Mapset and Maps

Medium Tank "Lights"

I expect my post to contain several inaccuracies, has already been repeatedly said... but since it's probably gonna fall in deaf ears anyway, doesn't really make a difference does it?

The new patch preview doesn't feature anything about this class and I normally wouldn't complain about it, but having to grind to Tier IX to get a half decent LT and then X for a crippled medium, isn't really a good definition of "fun".

I cant see anything wrong with what you said there. +1

Pvt_Duffer #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

CBA TLDR

Why not just un-nerf and revert to T+3 for LT's?

It would also solve the whiny "T8 always bottom tier" 

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

Adding new maps won't help much.

It's because WG can add the most detailed and sophisticated maps ever, but if there are 2-3 arties in each game, all the people will just hug the SAME ROCKS AND BUILDINGS in every game. And if you try something new or funny, you get blasted by them.

El Halluf has a nice mid section, but it's a complete death trap so no one goes there except some light tanks. You just get rekt by base camping TDs and arty so whats the point.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 12 January 2018 - 07:49 AM.

Dex022 #11 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38389 battles
Arty should be limited to max1 and some bushes and cover should be added on some maps and that would help to open gameplay on some maps. I was always for arty removal but after insane armor on some td's and Swe tanks turrets you simply have huge problem to dig them out from hull down if they have support and there is no arty.....really hate saying that but it is true. How to dig out hull down Badger on open map if he has few friends behind? With new "balanced" RU tanks incoming in 9.22 the more problems arive.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #12 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

Follow WG's news??? In which they say one thing and do somethig  completely different???

Yep, still do that...

Balc0ra #13 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64467 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tier IX half decent? Must be why I still enjoy playing them more so then tier 9 HT's and meds. And it sound like you are confused as to the role of LT's. Do you go to the HT line to seek out HT's? I see lights go the A line on El halluf, 100% ignoring the middle. And I never got why they wanted to brawl with a Maus or Type 4 as a tier 8 light. My ELC has no issues dealing with an O-I late game. As I don't use my weakness vs his strengths to deal with him.

Spoiler

As for the Premiums? Well I don't get why they did give those +2. I would not be upset if my Type 64 still had +3 tbh. And the 13 57 really did not need it. And as for the normal tanks? IMO there should be an option for lights. Take the AMX 12t for instance. Giving it the 6 round clip gun back, or the derp on the 28.01. Or even the 170 pen gun on the ELC with the old engine, or make the WZ-131 as fantastic as it was with the old 85mm. Tho when you did mount those modules on. You got +3 MM again, and can't be top tier. If you had the current modules you could be top tier and got +2. I would not be upset if they added that as a function. As I did enjoy some of the old lights more, with the scout MM tbh. But at the same time. I see why some of the stuff you want back, won't work as long as they are top tier etc.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

T10 light tanks (all light tanks for that matter) need their increased pen drop-off over range reversed, they should have less pen drop-off actually as their start with lower base-pen than any other class. A bit like the pen drop-off on the T92 but then for *ALL* lights.

Also, T10 lights need their KV-2 levels of accuracy reverted to normal accuracy (medium tank accuracy) for a tier 10. Stop with the potato guns on light tanks to artificially keep other players alive that play their vehicle wrong.

ps: Windsplitter put that image in a spoiler tag please, it's massive.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 12 January 2018 - 12:28 PM.

Xqual #15 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 58820 battles

remove all the tier7+ lights. and let us go back to +4mm.

I miss the old chaffee and the T-50-2

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37418 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWindSplitter1, on 11 January 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

LT "Rebalance"

Heavy Tank "Meta"

Current Mapset and Maps

Medium Tank "Lights"

Remove LT's?

Most LT's are rubbish?

Are u high?

Can I have some?

Erwin_Von_Braun #17 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37418 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostXqual, on 12 January 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

remove all the tier7+ lights. and let us go back to +4mm.

I miss the old chaffee and the T-50-2

Not to mention the superb VK28.01 and is super DerpaDerpastan:izmena:

Seriously tho, I love my VK16.02 and I really, sincerely miss being the only Tier V in a Tier VIII game:(

Being the underdog was fun:izmena:

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 12 January 2018 - 09:46 PM.

WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

View PostCobra6, on 12 January 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

T10 light tanks (all light tanks for that matter) need their increased pen drop-off over range reversed, they should have less pen drop-off actually as their start with lower base-pen than any other class. A bit like the pen drop-off on the T92 but then for *ALL* lights.

Also, T10 lights need their KV-2 levels of accuracy reverted to normal accuracy (medium tank accuracy) for a tier 10. Stop with the potato guns on light tanks to artificially keep other players alive that play their vehicle wrong.

ps: Windsplitter put that image in a spoiler tag please, it's massive.

Cobra 6

Thank you. Fixed.

DracheimFlug #19 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 12 January 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Tier IX half decent? Must be why I still enjoy playing them more so then tier 9 HT's and meds. And it sound like you are confused as to the role of LT's. Do you go to the HT line to seek out HT's? I see lights go the A line on El halluf, 100% ignoring the middle. And I never got why they wanted to brawl with a Maus or Type 4 as a tier 8 light. My ELC has no issues dealing with an O-I late game. As I don't use my weakness vs his strengths to deal with him.

As for the Premiums? Well I don't get why they did give those +2. I would not be upset if my Type 64 still had +3 tbh. And the 13 57 really did not need it. And as for the normal tanks? IMO there should be an option for lights. Take the AMX 12t for instance. Giving it the 6 round clip gun back, or the derp on the 28.01. Or even the 170 pen gun on the ELC with the old engine, or make the WZ-131 as fantastic as it was with the old 85mm. Tho when you did mount those modules on. You got +3 MM again, and can't be top tier. If you had the current modules you could be top tier and got +2. I would not be upset if they added that as a function. As I did enjoy some of the old lights more, with the scout MM tbh. But at the same time. I see why some of the stuff you want back, won't work as long as they are top tier etc.

Or lights going into the nearest city. But that is part of the reason they changed lights. People became convinced that traditional roles of scouting are a bad idea even on maps where they are a very good idea.

And I also miss the +3 for scouts. Spotting for lower tiers is not very practical.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64467 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDracheimFlug, on 13 January 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

And I also miss the +3 for scouts. Spotting for lower tiers is not very practical.

That can go both ways. You get an open map, and the only scout is top tier and he goes the brawling line or sits at the back to farm damage. Demanding others to spot for him. Then again if he as a good gun or dpm. Having it out for to long so he can passive scout is not always ideal either. Depending on what he spots that is and what their top tier light does.

Also tagged with light, tanks, are, still, thrash, to, play, with

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users