Gold Ammo ruined the game

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

Milan_online #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47169 battles
The game is officialy ruined. No more skill required for this game. Any daddy's wallet warrior can "own" this game to the fullest. Can anyone suggest an alternative to World of Shtanks?

Derethim #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostMilan_online, on 12 January 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

The game is officialy ruined. No more skill required for this game. Any daddy's wallet warrior can "own" this game to the fullest. Can anyone suggest an alternative to World of Shtanks?

Not very good/addictive ones out there, but War Thunder has no gold rounds at least. Altough it's Gaijin.

Their games and download clients will give your computer AIDS and the grinds in their game without money take a century to complete.

Then there is the failure, called Armored Warfare, which at least did the ammo thing right too (See? Everyone knows it's bad for business), but failed their promises completely and is owned by MyCom. Another shitty.

On the other hand, skill is still required in WoT, but it's WAY less than before. You just need one of the OP heavies and voilá! Premium HE! Impenetrable lower plates! Impenetrable frontal armor without gold!

And the best thing! You can buy your expensive premium account for a month NOW AND SAVE LIKE 2€! JUST SO YOU CAN SPAM MORE GOLD AT THE HEAVIES, JUST SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY STAND A CHANCE! :teethhappy: Yay.

Or, if that's not your piece of cake - buy one of the overpowered tanks and grind them for months, eventually reaching the point, where you'll be forced to spend, so that you can save yourself the pain of not being able to pen tier X heavies literally anywhere, not even with gold! Or EVEN BETTER! Buy one of our tier VIII meds like the Liberté, which lacks frontal weakspots! Or the Skorpion, which moves quickly across the map and snaps other players for 500! Or just buy the lovely Defender and enjoy your impregnable armor! Even the LOWER PLATE IS 218mm+ thicc!

And while you're grinding some tank line you may like for fun, don't mind US changing that line in the middle of your grind AND COMPLETELY RAPING THE FUN AND VARIETY in it instead of fixing the weak tanks on the lines! :D And while we do that, don't mind us removing some of the tanks and replacing them with copies of the tanks above/below them, just so WE can bring YOU some BRAND, NEW tier VIII premium tanks, we JUST took out!

Edited by Derethim, 12 January 2018 - 12:43 AM.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
What exactly does "ruined" mean?
Ans could you please explain all the p2w that is going on? How can a clueless walletwarrior "own" in this game?

TheOneAboveAII #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12064 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Yes...armored warfare or warthunder...or if you still want a wg game...with no prem ammo..but with no tanks
..wows.

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
What if I'm a daddy myself?

DaMP13R #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36591 battles

View PostMilan_online, on 11 January 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

I agree, it was more fun when seeing the 'gold' ammo was the exception rather than the norm but that's the game we play now.. in the end WoT has a life cycle just like the rest, at the start it's glorious.. fun and the company align with the players. When the 'goldilocks zone' is reached then the milking begins, it has begun ofc. WG aren't alone in this, they all do it.. that's the f2p/microtransaction model. 

Just ask WoW Classic players, EvE Online 'vanilla' player base.. both will tell you that the company behind them ruined the game as time went on, they don't ruin per say.. they milk. Milking can be dumbing the game down to pull in a bigger audience.. putting in P2W features or paying to improve chances etc and a good example in WoT is the Type 5 Heavy tank - weather you like it or not the tank is in there for 60 year old John who has a shake in his hand or the reaction time and just needs to point in click (think arty but gives him a non-birdseye gameplay) he will put more money in than a 18 year old in college even if he is 40% and you are 60% WR.. he is worth more. putting in P2W features or paying to improve chances etc.. I suppose the ultimate tool you have now is:

Posted Image

It's very simple when you remember that this game is here to make money, they don't care for your memories or experiences.. why should they? $

Overall, I still like playing so I do.. if you are sick then stop, nothing will change .. that's it.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26622 battles
Hefty dose of rose tinted glass in this thread. 

MarcoStrapone #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32556 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS
ruin the game, and build a real mount of gold..

Balc0ra #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

And if it was gone, you would be here to complain about all the armor ruining the game in the super heavy meta when you play your meds etc. Atm there is no fine balance between the two. As there are to many premium tanks on tier 8, so removing it, or nerfing it on normal tanks is not gonna fix that tier more. So you gotta live with it.

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #10 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14808 battles

No, but I can suggest a free solution to get gold ammo without paying money in higher tiers:

Farm credits with a regular Tier 5 tank. You won't need gold ammo there to deal damage. Then buy gold ammo on the higher tiers with the farmed credits.

freddiebox #11 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

The only games I can think of is Armoured Warfare, Heroes & Generals and War Thunder. But that is a give or take.

Armoured Warfare is not as polished as World of Tanks and focuses more on modern warfare. Heroes & Generals is run by a group on incompetend developers with focus around finding reasons to not add new features to their game. And War Thunder is Gaijin, enough said about them. World War II: Online is also a thing if you enjoy monthly subscriptions.

So yes, not alot of better options to choose from amongst its peers. I fully agree with your opinion about premium ammunition and one can only hope they address the issue eventually.

Edited by freddiebox, 12 January 2018 - 10:36 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26622 battles

WG should add a "gold rounds fired" stat. Might be fun to correlate some people's level of impotent rage versus their own personal ammo choice percentage..

Archaean #13 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14948 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Uh.. yea.. I don't see how gold rounds are destroying this game. I mainly play meds, thus to me it doesn't matter if someone is shooting gold at me or not.

Dragonlordcv #14 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23966 battles

Stop paying and caring. Find a new game and if it is an online one stay in the free part. Personally i spend only for steam games and guess what they have a factor that wot has not anymore  and it is called fun !

Fun gets money wot not anymore.

Derethim #15 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostDaMP13R, on 12 January 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

I agree, it was more fun when seeing the 'gold' ammo was the exception rather than the norm but that's the game we play now.. in the end WoT has a life cycle just like the rest, at the start it's glorious.. fun and the company align with the players. When the 'goldilocks zone' is reached then the milking begins, it has begun ofc. WG aren't alone in this, they all do it.. that's the f2p/microtransaction model. 

Just ask WoW Classic players, EvE Online 'vanilla' player base.. both will tell you that the company behind them ruined the game as time went on, they don't ruin per say.. they milk. Milking can be dumbing the game down to pull in a bigger audience.. putting in P2W features or paying to improve chances etc and a good example in WoT is the Type 5 Heavy tank - weather you like it or not the tank is in there for 60 year old John who has a shake in his hand or the reaction time and just needs to point in click (think arty but gives him a non-birdseye gameplay) he will put more money in than a 18 year old in college even if he is 40% and you are 60% WR.. he is worth more. putting in P2W features or paying to improve chances etc.. I suppose the ultimate tool you have now is:

It's very simple when you remember that this game is here to make money, they don't care for your memories or experiences.. why should they? $

Overall, I still like playing so I do.. if you are sick then stop, nothing will change .. that's it.

+1

Almost all Free to Play games begin fun and competitive, the company cares about it's players and once the desired number of players is in the game (varies from company to company, Survarium devs were content with small playerbase, Wargaming saw the potential and well.. multi-bilion company was born) the milking begins.

SastusBulbas #16 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33873 battles

May I suggest you go to the Premium shop, buy a couple of Fort Knox packages and a few Premium Tanks and prove to us what you are claiming with replays and screenshots.

While at it for every battle you see ruined give us a detailed spread sheet of all 30 tanks in game, their armour, their modules, their equipment, their crew skills, their player stats, the amount of gold they have, how much premium ammo fired, how much penetrations ONLY premium ammo had the ability to penetrate, and any othert useful guff you feel we can add to show you just how pointless and small an impact premium ammo spam is for a majority of tanks bar stock guns, old guns and pew pew premiums like the Churchill III or Pz 2J.

Im a father of three who spends money on the game, still since beta have I to see anyone make significant steps in proving premium ammo is pay to win, or indeed prove just how game breaking it is for a majority of randoms.

Yes I get spammed, from tier 1 to 10 there are spammers of premium, from 40% win rate with 40K games to 60% win rate with 4k games, so many variables, but the majority spam premium at tanks they can pen, and for I guess around 80% of use its being wasted. Tier 4 scout getting spammed by a high tier with premium, infuriatiing but his HE would have been even more effective.

But the CRUX, every whiner misses, why the hell are you sitting getting shot so easily in the 1st place, someone shoots, back off, show me a replay where yur complaining about premium ammo where your playing better but only beaten due to premium ammo and not due to being spotted in the open like a large pinata contributing nothing.

Not that I can talk, been playing utter trash these last months due to getting spammed by premium rounds while 14 team members camp in A1, honest guv!

Flywithme_1 #17 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17006 battles
  • [HH-RO] HH-RO
I  agree with the fact that there are to many gold spamers, esspecialy after the holiday crate purchase. I wrote to Wg a ticket in wich I suggested that low rank players with high tier tanks or even those who are above 5000 personal score and are to weak for this game to play with normal shells to matchmake teams in such way that players witch have from 5 premium shells on the selected tank to play between others of it's kind. It' s true that premium ammo is legit, but when you encounter an E25 with gold, or an aimbot gold spamer, it's not funny any more to play. I hope Wg will listen to our complains. Best wishes!

SastusBulbas #18 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33873 battles

View PostFlywithme_1, on 12 January 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

I  agree with the fact that there are to many gold spamers, esspecialy after the holiday crate purchase. I wrote to Wg a ticket in wich I suggested that low rank players with high tier tanks or even those who are above 5000 personal score and are to weak for this game to play with normal shells to matchmake teams in such way that players witch have from 5 premium shells on the selected tank to play between others of it's kind. It' s true that premium ammo is legit, but when you encounter an E25 with gold, or an aimbot gold spamer, it's not funny any more to play. I hope Wg will listen to our complains. Best wishes!

So can you provide replays where over 50% of an enemy team but none of your team use PREMIUM ammo?

In what manner has the Holiday crate event contributed to more premium ammo in game?

What gives you the right to judge low rank players with high tiers or with poor personal score? And what does that have to do with ammo, you got proof that just those players are the problem?

Why should anyone be forced to play with specific ammo and more importantly why do think poor players only should have that punishment?

What is wrong with an E-25 with premium ammo? If he is spamming premium within his preferential MM then either he cant pen with regular ammo, has run out, or is wasting credits.

Have you a lot of experience of aimbots and gold spamming?

A lot of questions we know you wont have the answer for.

Bucifel #19 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27746 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

yes...its more and more broken and P2W due to that imbecile ammo and retard new armor designs (no weakpoints)

War Thunder is more and more a better choice

Edited by Bucifel, 12 January 2018 - 08:28 PM.

Xqual #20 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 58363 battles

Simple fix.

No credits earned for dmg done by premium rounds.

That would stop most of the spam. And only the most dedicated padders will use it all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users