Jump to content


XP Grind is about to feel awful again


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

AcheronEHJ #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8724 battles
  • 61
  • [R-U] R-U
  • Member since:
    04-08-2013

Unfortunately after running these Christmas bonuses for so long, I'm pretty sure I have acclimatized to this XP rate as 'normal' and don't at all look forward to going back to the usual sluggish pace.

 

It would be nice if there was some sort of non-Christmas way to build up XP bonus modifiers long term. A bit of gradual progress feel to our gradual progress.



The_Georgian_One #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34480 battles
  • 1,524
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015
I'm really going to miss earning on average 190K per battle in my tier 8 premiums :(  (with premium account and booster of course).

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27124 battles
  • 1,808
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

Why do you think WG made it a 48% boost for the last month? Essentially they've given everyone a taste of what it's like to play premium for free for a month and now that they're all used to it they get to go cold turkey.

 

WG are looking to pick up some new premium payers for the new year. ;)



Exozen #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30983 battles
  • 1,068
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011
im happy if it stays forever :bajan:

AcheronEHJ #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8724 battles
  • 61
  • [R-U] R-U
  • Member since:
    04-08-2013
I'm all for folks playing premium. I figure maintaining premium is kind of the reasonable pay rate for an ongoing game like this. However, everyone who already does that is going to be a sad panda when the +48% goes away.

jack_timber #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31851 battles
  • 1,778
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View PostAcheronEHJ, on 12 January 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

I'm all for folks playing premium. I figure maintaining premium is kind of the reasonable pay rate for an ongoing game like this. However, everyone who already does that is going to be a sad panda when the +48% goes away.

Yes same here it re the premium account, about 35p a day, better than enduring EastEnders etc.

Looks like I will have to start using boosters to wean myself back to normal income....



Obsessive_Compulsive #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23900 battles
  • 8,048
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014
The xmas bonuses gave me a new tier 10, tier 9 and kitted 3 tier 10's with equipment and the tier 9. best xmas special so far from WG. But I sense the gift was simply the kind drug dealer...

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20014 battles
  • 6,192
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
Kind of funny when people complain about tomato players on tier 10, and how people can grind to tier 10 too fast, but at the same time want every game to give more credits and XP.

CPTANT #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7515 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012

View PostTankkiPoju, on 12 January 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

Kind of funny when people complain about tomato players on tier 10, and how people can grind to tier 10 too fast, but at the same time want every game to give more credits and XP.

 

Getting to tier 10 is only fast if you pay lots of money....

Sirebellus #10 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18196 battles
  • 491
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

Actually I will quite enjoy getting back to playing none-grind tanks.... I have T4 premium tanks won in loot boxes that I haven't played yet, I have tier 10's Badger and FV215 183B that I have only played 1 game in each, with the extra gold I won in Loot boxes I bought a Lowe and the WZ-120-1G, just to put the Christmas camo on you know, and I have hardly played them - All because I didn't want to 'waste' the 48% XP bonus

 

I've got over 100 2 hour 100% XP boosters... if I really want to grind I will use them...



MrClark56 #11 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 5816 battles
  • 2,339
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

It was good while it lasted... prem days + 48% bonus and ingame bonus + christmas box bonus (No T8 tank sad panda)... helped alot for grinds and girl crews + credit making. i can't complain.

And i haven't played much in december so it is nice to get most of it.. already 1/5 through T57 heavy grind, and was able to buy M26 pershing cheap and get almost all the modules thanks to the boosters..

so in all..

 

Happy chappy.. if i knew i would have added more XP to my IS... lol

 

grinded as much XP as i would in a year, lol

 

 


Edited by MrClark56, 12 January 2018 - 12:34 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27124 battles
  • 1,808
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostCPTANT, on 12 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

Getting to tier 10 is only fast if you pay lots of money....

 

You can get a tier 10 going in a few weeks without paying a penny.

MrClark56 #13 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 5816 battles
  • 2,339
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 January 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

 

You can get a tier 10 going in a few weeks without paying a penny.

 

Lol, i started playing in 2013 and i have yet to get a T10 tonk

dimethylcadmium #14 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5173 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 January 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

 

You can get a tier 10 going in a few weeks without paying a penny.

 

Yeah if you're an unicum sure, otherwise forget it

 

E50M, needs around 677,000 XP to get unlocked. If you average 800 XP on a standard account (unicum level), it's gonna take 846 battles on a standard account

 

however, unicums make up a few % of playerbase. Your average Joe will most likely need 1500-1600 battles to get the Tier X.

 

Then you have the credit problem, without a tier 8 prem you'll have to grind 10-20k in a tier 5 derp medium for a long time to reach 6 million


Edited by dimethylcadmium, 12 January 2018 - 12:49 PM.


TungstenHitman #15 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19866 battles
  • 3,709
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostCPTANT, on 12 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

 

Getting to tier 10 is only fast if you pay lots of money....

 

Rubbish, you can get to tier10 pretty fast imo, the reason I didn't get their fast is I didn't want to. Reason you can get there fast is simple

 

Forget the quoted xp requirements vs your expected average xp gains as a measuring stick because you will get there a LOT faster than that, why? simple. WOT has forever some sort of bonus or reward system in place so you will never be that slow. There is either, like now, some seasonal holiday bonus where your xp is constantly at 50% more, you will have stacks of 100% and 200% xp buffs thrown at you, free premium days and weekends with X3 and X5 xp which are meh since they are only for first win but there are plenty of X2 xp weekends for EVERY battle along with the free xp building up with every battle to shave huge amounts of time off and they have buffs too so if you add all that together I would say you can reduce the time it would take to get to tier10 by half or more.... and if all I said above isn't so many reasons why you'll race your way to tier10 in no time, you can even convert xp with gold to just shave off considerably more time again.



Jumping_Turtle #16 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 59773 battles
  • 5,145
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 12 January 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

The xmas bonuses gave me a new tier 10, tier 9 and kitted 3 tier 10's with equipment and the tier 9. best xmas special so far from WG. But I sense the gift was simply the kind drug dealer...

 

Got me two new tier tens and a new tier eight. And went from 500k credits to now 13m credits. These 48% were the best present they ever gave me.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19866 battles
  • 3,709
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
Actually, would someone mind grinding my tier9 Leopard for me? It's stock and I haven't the interest to suffer that grind? 

CPTANT #18 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7515 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012

View PostTungstenHitman, on 12 January 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

 

Rubbish, you can get to tier10 pretty fast imo, the reason I didn't get their fast is I didn't want to. Reason you can get there fast is simple

 

Forget the quoted xp requirements vs your expected average xp gains as a measuring stick because you will get there a LOT faster than that, why? simple. WOT has forever some sort of bonus or reward system in place so you will never be that slow. There is either, like now, some seasonal holiday bonus where your xp is constantly at 50% more, you will have stacks of 100% and 200% xp buffs thrown at you, free premium days and weekends with X3 and X5 xp which are meh since they are only for first win but there are plenty of X2 xp weekends for EVERY battle along with the free xp building up with every battle to shave huge amounts of time off and they have buffs too so if you add all that together I would say you can reduce the time it would take to get to tier10 by half or more.... and if all I said above isn't so many reasons why you'll race your way to tier10 in no time.

Ok it is true that using events helps, still you will have to grind up loads of cash also because even with a 15% discount those tier 10 tanks are super expensive.

 

but this:

View PostTungstenHitman, on 12 January 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

 

 you can even convert xp with gold to just shave off considerably more time again.
 

 

View PostCPTANT, on 12 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

 

Getting to tier 10 is only fast if you pay lots of money....

 

Try again.

Edited by CPTANT, 12 January 2018 - 12:55 PM.


TungstenHitman #19 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19866 battles
  • 3,709
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostCPTANT, on 12 January 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Ok it is true that using events helps, still you will have to grind up loads of cash also because even with a 15% discount those tier 10 tanks are super expensive.

 

but this:

 

 

Try again.

 

You are saying "if you pay lots of money" I am suggesting, on the back of ALL those other FREE reasons you will get to tier10 fast, you can convert some xp with gold... like €10-€15, you consider that LOTS of money? lol In any case spending money would only speed things up marginally compared to just using you head and making best use of X2 for every battle weekends along with free buffs for 50-200% more xp along with free buffs for free xp. This isn't even a case of being a good player since the difference in xp per win between the best player and an average mid table player is only usually around 300 xp apart from those epic performances so even a bad player can quickly fail their clueless way to tier10 pretty fast and for free. €10-€15 which is not a LOT of money, will be the only difference in time taken for a good player to get to tier10 fast and a bad player to get to tier10 in the same time.

Derethim #20 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16782 battles
  • 1,742
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 January 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Why do you think WG made it a 48% boost for the last month? Essentially they've given everyone a taste of what it's like to play premium for free for a month and now that they're all used to it they get to go cold turkey.

 

WG are looking to pick up some new premium payers for the new year. ;)

 

Only this year? :D




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users