Improvement to team damage detection

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Realjuan #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25737 battles

To my understanding the banning on players that team kills or damage is done automatically and after the holidays stream I understand why this cannot be done manually. Most of the time I think the system works, but there are a few ways around it. You want to get someone killed, you push him to the enemy fire, you track him when he is in the open or you use a high alpha tank to kill him in one shot. I do not have any idea how to stop the first way without doing it manually, but I think there can be some improvements on the other two.

Tracking someone in the open, as long as you don't do damage, will not make you a blue player. A decent player will be able to do this without much risk, and he needs to fail 3 times to get blue player status. Unless you are in low tier battle, shooting a player 3 times takes probably a minute for reloads. I would suggest that if someone destroy modules of a teammates 3 times you get blue status. If you did it by mistake and become blue, your teammates will not kill you, but if it was deliberately your teammates will kill you. You could also add more complex checks like if he done it in less than 2 minutes. All this can be done automatically by the server. I do not think this will affect players that have accidental shot teammates (is hard to think you accidentally hit a teammates 3 times, and even less if there is a timeframe. 

Shooting a teammate with high alpha tanks (FV 215b or KV-2) means that you can shoot a low armor teammate once and kill him without getting a blue status, and to my understanding you can even do it once every few of games, since you probably also doing a lot of damage to opponents in the 5-10 battles in between. Takes a lot of team damage to get blue status in one shot, which could be the most time I seen someone team kill is using high alpha damage tanks. There is no amazing way to fix this, but with Great Alpha comes Great Responsibility, if you take high amount of hit-points from a player, then you become blue. It shouldn't require that you have shot him again or that your teamdamage/damage ratio is high. Again if you did not do it intentionally, most players will continue playing and battle will not be affect. Any credits/exp penalties are the cause of you making a mistake (a big one)

Edit: The white house used to have a petition website that if something got to 100k it would be look at, what about something similar to replays. For example the video below, should at least get that player unbanned and the other a temporary ban. 

Without the option to manually submit this replays is anyone able to find the statistics of damage done to a player with the help of his own team, or how many of high alpha kills are done deliberately? 

Edited by Realjuan, 12 January 2018 - 12:19 PM.

Archaean #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15179 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

POLAKS ARE TE WURST PLAIERS BUN THEM BUN THEM!!!!!!

Spoiler

Edited by Archaean, 12 January 2018 - 11:57 AM.

truoste #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38045 battles
You forgot arties that are "trying to help" you and stun you get get you killed without any penalty. Only penalty comes from direct damage they do, not from stun or if that is counted to TK counter, at least they are not paying the repair bills of their victims.

Obsessive_Compulsive #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 25942 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK
quite often I send a shell into an enemy tank to finnish it off if the ally close to it is about to die I consider that a good trade if I stun my ally and tickle his HP. No system is perfect but the warships system works pretty well.

Realjuan #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25737 battles

Dam, i played a lot of arty and have not notice if team damage splash makes you pay repair bill. I do avoid shooting close to teammates unless is gaming changing shot, else I let my teammate get the kill or get killed and then I shoot.

Whats the Warships System? I only had accidentally torpedo people, but not often and I have never shot a teammate. 

The white house used to have a system that when a petition reach 100k signs it would be look at, maybe we could have something like that for replays. 

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22200 battles

Team damage for crashing needs a nerf imo, it's way too much for lighter classes. I know it makes sense that a lighter vehicle will take more damage in a crash and that's fine vs an enemy but it's too much damage for teammates, especially with the illogical tank class starting orders for each battle that trolls players by placing the slowest heaviest tanks at the front and sides and the faster tanks like mediums and lights in the middle and back so when the countdown is over you get tanks turning different directions and trying to get around each other and crashing... I've seen this trigger teammates into shooting each other and even killing each other.

For example, yesterday I was using a Crusader, was moving along and a heavy tank who driving straight for whatever reason just decided to turn hard and we hit, nothing dramatic, nothing high speed yet I lost 45hp. No big deal right? well actually at tier5 that is a big deal, I only have 450hp to start with so he reduced me by 10% hp with just a slight nudge, that's almost the same damage as a shot form a small cal gun around that tier and as such, it meant that before I even saw an enemy tank I was already carrying damaged tracks and a shots worth of negative hp. Nerf it pls.

eldrak #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47507 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

Could use a system like this for serious offenders.

http://blog.counter-....php/overwatch/

VsUK #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles

WG won't improve it because it's broken. I was penalised for trying to kill a S Conq who shot me twice & turned blue, leaving me with a little HP.  I returned the favour in my T8 tank, bouncing every shot but it still saw fit to suspend me for team damage. Even in the support ticket with a replay submitted they admitted to me that I shouldn't have been penalised, but they can't. Or should I say. Won't overrule a broken system!

Toni112007 #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9840 battles
Yesterday a guy from a STRONK clan in his FV 183 did 5k team damage deliberately.

Pvt_Duffer #10 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostArchaean, on 12 January 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

BUN THEM BUN THEM!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users