Where to report a cheater again?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Squirting_Elephant #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9754 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5
There is no option for it ingame. I also wonder about evidence required.. A replay would have proved it though but I don't record it.

Mimos_A #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21390 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
... Please, go away.

K_A #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Accusing people of cheating? [✔]

Thinking a replay from your perspective would be enough to prove it? [✔]

No replay available, though? [✔]

Balc0ra #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62851 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 January 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

There is no option for it ingame. I also wonder about evidence required.. A replay would have proved it though but I don't record it.

The report function for cheats was removed. As 99% of them were false anyway. As everyone reported everyone for simply hitting them. So it was no point having it there.

And your replay won't show much, or prove much. Depending on what cheat you suspected he used that is. Giving your point of view to support won't prove anything most times. As some cheats, are not even shown on a replay, even if you got the cheaters replay. Others like aim bots etc are only easy to prove if you see his replay. Thus having your replay won't help much anyway. And since most cheat tickets to support is more on not understanding basic gameplay mechanics more so then a cheat. They don't watch every single replay that gets sent their way. As they don't have time to watch 10 000 replays a day.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 January 2018 - 01:15 PM.

The_Georgian_One #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33829 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

Edited

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX, 12 January 2018 - 02:51 PM.

lonigus #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 January 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Some people should stay away from the internet and you are one of them. For the sake of the human intelect I surely hope that this is only a bad try to troll.

Squirting_Elephant #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9754 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

Well we should report some of the replies here as well for other obvious direct insults and flames .

Most of the 'cheaters' are macro users. You shoot an unsuspecting tank in a city at full speed from the side, detrack it and it repairs it's tracks so fast I don't even see it go detracked and it also just continues moving with only a very very minor slowdown. He could technically have superman reflexes or just press the repair button every frame but it was so fast the animation did not even display and he clearly did not suspect it.

Also you shouldn't need to record it when you have a report option which should save the evidence automatically. No reason to insult for that. But I get it that they don't have enough time to watch it all. Sadly this means that we can freely use macros. Also the server can simply detect how fast a user repairs tracks and if a user get's x reports in x time about it while the server also registers that he 'likely macro's, which can be calculated, then he should be auto-banned. Because most people don't add a random delay to their macros it seems, they just make it instant and thus it is detectable because humans don't have a reaction time faster than ~120ms and if someone does this on a regular basis, you know he cheats.

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 12 January 2018 - 01:41 PM.

Bennie182 #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50386 battles
don't send them to WG as they don't care. several Youtubers have shown that WG does nothing with the reports.

OreH75 #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46138 battles
  • [3V] 3V

View PostBennie182, on 12 January 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

don't send them to WG as they don't care. several Youtubers have shown that WG does nothing with the reports.

Offf course WG will ignore replays send by players, some dont even understand spotting mechanics and complain about a 6th sense bug while they are perma spotted...and you want the same people sending in replays of cheaters...

MrGimpSuit #10 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10003 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 January 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Well we should report some of the replies here as well for other obvious direct insults and flames .

Most of the 'cheaters' are macro users. You shoot an unsuspecting tank in a city at full speed from the side, detrack it and it repairs it's tracks so fast I don't even see it go detracked and it also just continues moving with only a very very minor slowdown. He could technically have superman reflexes or just press the repair button every frame but it was so fast the animation did not even display and he clearly did not suspect it.

Also you shouldn't need to record it when you have a report option which should save the evidence automatically. No reason to insult for that. But I get it that they don't have enough time to watch it all. Sadly this means that we can freely use macros. Also the server can simply detect how fast a user repairs tracks and if a user get's x reports in x time about it while the server also registers that he 'likely macro's, which can be calculated, then he should be auto-banned. Because most people don't add a random delay to their macros it seems, they just make it instant and thus it is detectable because humans don't have a reaction time faster than ~120ms and if someone does this on a regular basis, you know he cheats.

So your entire issue is that you want to report a player because he repairs his tracks quickly? Really? Why dont you just bind your repairs to your mouse like some people do. It doesn't mean the player was using a macro. Even pushing 5-5 can happen in lightening speed if you are familiar with the game. Get a grip...

Edited by MrGimpSuit, 12 January 2018 - 01:53 PM.

__H3H3__ #11 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29987 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 January 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

You are making your self look like a fool. Just stop it here, it's better for everyone involved.

K_A #12 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 January 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

And you know someone does this on a regular basis because he did it once in one game you were in? Okay.. :hiding:

Balc0ra #13 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62851 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So even tho it's technically still possible to react that fast. Cheating is the only way? I mean I have repair on my mouse buttons. I repair as soon as I see it go down, usually in less then a second, or faster if I can predict it. Is that cheating to? I get several PM's a day due to it. Same with fire that is on the middle mouse button, even tho it's a manual fire extinguisher. And it will still burn a few tics regardless of how fast I react. It's still a cheat apparently. So.. there is that.

But again, lighting fast reflexes or not. Your replay of it if you had on would still not 100% show it is cheats, or prove he did, even if it shows him repairing it fast. As pr the point. And you don't ban anyone on a "hunch" via one replay do you? As your perspective of it would only prove that much. And in most cases, it's sadly nothing. Like it or not. Not an insult. But a fact.

Also you shouldn't need to record it when you have a report option which should save the evidence automatically.  No reason to insult for that.

What evidence? If you report him for cheating, the only thing they would see on their side is him pressing 5 two times fast. Not that he used a macro or not. So again.. it would not prove it 100%. And a thin line to ban anyone on tbh. As that what marcors do. They send input. And WG only sees it as such. 

And again, I'm not insulting. I'm proving a point and a fact. The report function was removed because it was abused, vs then reporting actual cheaters. And you can't say the system is working when 1 out of 100 that got reported did actually cheat can you? As I said. Everyone reported everyone for simply hitting them. Or for not understanding basic gameplay mechanics. And by that I did not point at you, I simply stated the reason for you not being able to report for cheating. As most thought you could use a mod to see unspotted enemies to name one. So every blind fire was a cheat. Even tho a big HT was spotted right behind them, and everyone was aiming at him and no them. And when you only get reports like that. It served little purpose other then crying wolf to many times.

So you can try your luck by sending a ticket to support with a replay. If you don't have a replay proving it even. So you can't expect WG to take action based on your world alone can you? As it seems that you want them to.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 January 2018 - 02:01 PM.

spamhamstar #14 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64304 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostMrGimpSuit, on 12 January 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

So your entire issue is that you want to report a player because he repairs his tracks quickly? Really? Why dont you just bind your repairs to your mouse like some people do. It doesn't mean the player was using a macro. Even pushing 5-5 can happen in lightening speed if you are familiar with the game. Get a grip...

Is even quicker if they're using a large repair kit.

Vajsravana #15 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32827 battles

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 January 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

Let's say you're right.

If you could install a macro that wastes your repair kits repairing your tracks ALWAYS, not matter when, what, and how... would you install it?

I think it would hurt my games much more than it benefits. So, how's that a cheat?

Infektid #16 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39782 battles
  • [3V] 3V

This is how i picture the OP when typing on this topic....

eldrak #17 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45844 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

How do you know you damaged the modules enough to turn red if there wasn't even an animation?

I'm betting on it being a 0 damage critical to a roadwheel.

Edited by eldrak, 12 January 2018 - 02:10 PM.

lonigus #18 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

I can easily hit the repair button within half a second using a large repair kit... Maybe even less if I bind it on my mouse buttons... And if by some miracle he had a macro setup that hits the repair button instantly when a certain module changes color to orange then he would in 90% cases waste a repair kit... 

Edited by lonigus, 12 January 2018 - 02:20 PM.

SuedKAT #19 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I really wish they made a forum section for stuff like this so every tin foil theory can go in there instead...

Dr_ownape #20 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40642 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postlonigus, on 12 January 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Some people should stay away from the internet and you are one of them. For the sake of the human intelect I surely hope that this is only a bad try to troll.

sry dude i tried not too but Friday afternoon sillyness got the better of me :hiding:

Edited by Dr_ownape, 12 January 2018 - 02:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users