Matilda IV Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

LeetyMcLeet #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9728 battles
Does anyone else find that the Matilda is unfairly matched against tier 5 and tier 6 tanks way to often (i.e. > 70% of games)? I used to enjoy this tank, but when you find yourself in a game with just 3-4 fellow tier 4 tanks and the rest are tier 5 and 6, it's just not enjoyable. Is there a reason for this?

Derethim #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostLeetyMcLeet, on 12 January 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Does anyone else find that the Matilda is unfairly matched against tier 5 and tier 6 tanks way to often (i.e. > 70% of games)? I used to enjoy this tank, but when you find yourself in a game with just 3-4 fellow tier 4 tanks and the rest are tier 5 and 6, it's just not enjoyable. Is there a reason for this?

Matilda IV got powercreeped a long time ago. I do not know why they didn't buff it earlier. The pen and accuracy are horrid for a tier V.

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18151 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostLeetyMcLeet, on 12 January 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Can you be clear about which tank you are talking about?

The Matilda or The Matilda IV?

Different tanks, different tiers.

If you are bottom Tier 4 facing T5&6, then there should be 7 of you on each team, not 3-4. The Tier 4 British Matilda is pretty good against its own or even +1 tiers, and can also be used to good effect as a support tank against T6. 

The Matilda IV is a different kettle of fish. Strong but with a naff gun, so most battles it ends up playing a support role.

The British Tilly is one of my favourites, if a session goes downhill, I usually turn to my Tilly to bring back the fun in the game.

But, horses for courses as they say.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It has 86 pen. It's not even "great" as top tier with the recent tier 5 additions, or even vs most tier 4's on a low pen roll. So idk why you think it would make much of a difference. And since you said "just" a few tier 4 tanks. It seems you don't even like to face tier 5's in it. So then play the tier 4 Matilda. At least that has 121 pen.

Edit: You don't even own the Matilda IV. So I suspect you talk about the tier 4 Matilda. And no the tier 5 premium called Matilda IV. The MM was changed recently, as tier 3's don't see tier 5's anymore. And tier 5 atm can only see top tier games vs tier 4 in 5-10 games. So thus the tier 4 MM is changed a bit. Even so, the 121 pen is more then enough for you to do well in a support role.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 January 2018 - 02:39 PM.

LeetyMcLeet #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9728 battles

Thank you for the quick reply.

I meant the Matilda (tier 4 British medium tank).

unhappy_bunny, I agree it's great against fellow tier 4 tanks. Get the angle right and it's almost impossible for your enemy to scratch you and the high rate of fire is amazing. It's also fine against tier 5 light tanks but anything else, especially tier 6 tanks, there's just no point. My question is why am I being matched against these tiers so frequently these days? It's affecting my win rate and overall enjoyment with this tank. It just seems very unbalanced. Do any of you find this with the Matilda?

Balc0ra #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLeetyMcLeet, on 12 January 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

I meant the Matilda (tier 4 British medium tank).

unhappy_bunny, I agree it's great against fellow tier 4 tanks. Get the angle right and it's almost impossible for your enemy to scratch you and the high rate of fire is amazing. It's also fine against tier 5 light tanks but anything else, especially tier 6 tanks, there's just no point. My question is why am I being matched against these tiers so frequently these days? It's affecting my win rate and overall enjoyment with this tank. It just seems very unbalanced. Do any of you find this with the Matilda?

It's pen is more then enough to bully even a KV-1 at most sides unless he is at a steep angle. As even tier 5 prems don't have your pen. So play it less aggressive and support from the second line, and you can farm damage just as well. As most tier 5/6 meds, lights and TD's should not be an issue for you either way with that pen.

LeetyMcLeet #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9728 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 12 January 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

It's pen is more then enough to bully even a KV-1 at most sides unless he is at a steep angle. As even tier 5 prems don't have your pen. So play it less aggressive and support from the second line, and you can farm damage just as well. As most tier 5/6 meds, lights and TD's should not be an issue for you either way with that pen.

Thanks, that's good advice. Though, you can generally only play a second line role due to the Ferrari-like speed :P

I might start taking screen shots of what I come up against. But recently, it's literally 1 in 10 games where there are no tier 6 tanks for me.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLeetyMcLeet, on 12 January 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Thanks, that's good advice. Though, you can generally only play a second line role due to the Ferrari-like speed :P

I might start taking screen shots of what I come up against. But recently, it's literally 1 in 10 games where there are no tier 6 tanks for me.

Remember that KV-1, that has conparable hull armour and is tier 5, has 1mm less pen than your matilda and see tier 7. You probably just need some more experience to make it work propely. :)

You may also enable replays recording and poste some of them here, so the more experienced player may give you some advice.

SaintMaddenus #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34740 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"The Tier 4 British Matilda is pretty good against its own or even +1 tiers,"

one of my least favourite tanks to come across at same tier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users