Rheinmetall Panzerwagen flip

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31097 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
Apart from the ultra low velocity rounds and bad turning circle not a bad tank if you can keep it on 2 tracks.

This tank is ridiculously easy to flip, all you need is 30 degree and it will go over like someone has string attached to it and yanked it from the side.
It is weird as the turret seems to weigh more than the rest of the tank in the way it reacts with physics.

Anyone else finding this tank strangely unstable to drive, I thought the hwk or SPIC was bad, but I think this is prob worse. 

Derethim #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17504 battles

View PostDumbNumpty, on 12 January 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Apart from the ultra low velocity rounds and bad turning circle not a bad tank if you can keep it on 2 tracks.

This tank is ridiculously easy to flip, all you need is 30 degree and it will go over like someone has string attached to it and yanked it from the side.
It is weird as the turret seems to weigh more than the rest of the tank in the way it reacts with physics.

Anyone else finding this tank strangely unstable to drive, I thought the hwk or SPIC was bad, but I think this is prob worse. 

It's the fastest tank ingame, hence it's very likely to flip with the retarded physics, that we have.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31097 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View PostDerethim, on 12 January 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

It's the fastest tank ingame, hence it's very likely to flip with the retarded physics, that we have.

Have you driven it? Like I say its nothing to do with speed apart from that will get the tracks up.
It drives like the turret is a lead weight and any angle over say 20-30 degrees means its going over.
Other tanks you can almost get up to 45 degrees and often they will right, but not this baby. 
Give it a go one time and see what I mean.
PS Pz 1C is fastest and the Panzerwagen is 3km faster than a 100 LT

Edited by DumbNumpty, 12 January 2018 - 03:51 PM.

tank276 #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50083 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostDumbNumpty, on 12 January 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

It is true, it has a stability problem. Ru251 is also fast but does not flip from a little rock you bumb over while turning (at least not that frequently).

You could try driving it Dukes of Hazzard style, but I would just prefer its center of gravity being lower , nearer to the ground.

MR_FIAT #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19803 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
i feel the physics in this game are too floaty in general especialy for the lights, somehow managed to flip my B-C 12t upside down on slightly bumpy terrain.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31097 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View Posttank276, on 12 January 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

It is true, it has a stability problem. Ru251 is also fast but does not flip from a little rock you bumb over while turning (at least not that frequently).

You could try driving it Dukes of Hazzard style, but I would just prefer its center of gravity being lower , nearer to the ground.

Yeah something is not right as agree physically and stats wise not all that different from the RU, but stability of the RU has been totally wrecked.
People might want to try the Panzerwagen as yeah in general the physics are too floaty in general, but this is beyond that.
Its like the models centre of gravity is above the tank and a slight bit of air will cause the tank to flip, it never seems to right, it doesn't roll it just lies on its side with ease.
Please give it a go as you might be surprised by the repetition and ease that you can do this with the Panzerwagen  

Jumping_Turtle #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61302 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Tried it on the hd sandbox and decided there and than I will not buy this one on the live server. Spend more time on my side than driving normally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users