• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

fanta_freake #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27683 battles
  • [2PDD] 2PDD

Hello everyone, 

Im looking to buy a new airsoft gun. I have very little experience, as this will be my 2nd gun to own. :ohmy:

Im searching a great gun out of the box, with little maintenence.

I have around 350-380 euros to spend.

So far i have looked at the APS ASR115, Specna Arms SA-V26 (Red edition) and the G&G PDW15 AR.

I wonder how the reputation is nowadays with APS. Alot of mixed reviews are on the internet about their bad internals.

Im looking for an M4 platform with:

- 10"+ rail system. Keymod or picatinny rails.

- full metal cunstruction.

- a working bolt catch is a plus.

- great out of the box performance without the need to mod.

As i live in EU, Gunfire.pl or airsoftshop.be will where i buy from.

- APS ASR115: https://goo.gl/SdaqBZ

- Specna Arms SA-V26: https://goo.gl/dFp1Hs

- G&G PDW15 AR: https://goo.gl/bTtLXG

Let me know what you got. Ill throw some gold your way, if the help is outstanding. :medal:

Balc0ra #2 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 59470 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I personally have no experience with any of those brands as an owner. As I only own weapons from Mauri, CA, G&P, WA & King Arms for the most part, as most of them were bought over 10 years ago before the off brands came into play. So I've stuck with what I know, and only bought off brands or Chinese for display. Like my full metal ASG M246 SAW. My M4 with a metal body kit from Tokyo Mauri is close to 10 years old, done over 50K rounds and still work 100% just fine.  Only opened it to grease the gears. Tho that is my SWAT kit rifle, so it don't have any rails on it. And I'm super happy with my Mauri 416 to.  Tho I see the M4 from TM is over €500 on those pages, and their 416 costs over 600. 

But what about FPS limits? As most for close range etc usually have a play limit of 300. Or are there no limits with those you play with? 

Tho of the 3 brands you listed, I play with people that has bought two those. Zero hands on experience with Specna arms. Most did indeed have crappy experiences with their gearboxes etc on the APS, and their selector slide was always off and locked up. Lost count on how many of those I've seen opened. But that's years ago. So no idea how they are now in terms of quality. G&G was something most did seem happy with in general, and has a reputation to be a solid mid range brand in terms of internals, and good starter weapons. And their body quality was solid and can take a beating. As I've seen many trip and fall on rocks etc on top of their gun, and they still worked. Seen other mid range brands break off for less. Never seen one with a sloppy trigger or lose selector etc. The G&G GC1-46 is something I've seen many of around here.

As long as you stay away from the really low end Chinese stuff like A&K, CYMA or Cybergun you should be fine. As I've seen a CYMA M4 break in half when one turned a corner to fast on a CQB play once :P

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 January 2018 - 01:48 PM.

fanta_freake #3 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27683 battles
  • [2PDD] 2PDD

Thank you very much for your opinion. Ill look into the G&G GC1-46. 

I have been looking at some Tokyo Mauri guns. They look really awesome, and no one seems to hate them or have bad experiences with them. Tho they are abit pricy.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 59470 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postfanta_freake, on 13 January 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Thank you very much for your opinion. Ill look into the G&G GC1-46. 

I have been looking at some Tokyo Mauri guns. They look really awesome, and no one seems to hate them or have bad experiences with them. Tho they are abit pricy.

Japanese quality. That and they more or less started it back in the day, so they really know what they are doing. Tho not so much metal bodies on those guns. But still super solid build quality. I've done metal bodies on all my Mauir's, inc the P90 & G17. So not really an issue if you want it. Only one I don't have one for is the M4-S. As the body is a bit different. Def something I recommend down the line if you can afford it, if you want something that lasts. As I've never had a bad Mauri gun.

Tho back in 2004/5 when I started. I payed $290 USD for my first Mauri M4. Had it shipped from HK via Redwolf. Prices have gone up a bit since then.

But as I said, I've never owned a G&G gun. But from what I've seen of the few I've held. And based on what their owners think of them. It's not a bad place to start. I would still do some digging on reviews etc of the gun you want to buy. As there are plenty youtube channels that have tested most of them I'm sure.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 January 2018 - 04:48 PM.

Also tagged with Airsoft, Hardball

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users