A charity auction with two rare vehicles!

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Falathi #81 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

General

• WG Staff
  • 14250 battles
  • [WG] WG

A lot of things is possible as plans may change at some point in the future, but possibility does not equal certainty. 

To put a rather odd example: according to our scientific knowledge it`s possible that there is an expanding bubble of lower quantum state of vacuum out there on its way to Earth to wipe everything out and there`s no way to tell if it`s about to happen until it happens. 
However, as it did not happen over last 13 billion years I believe we`ll still be around next Friday ;) 

In any case, if there are more questions regarding the charity, auctions or related stuff please let me know. 

Fery66 #82 Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19467 battles
  • [C-D-L] C-D-L

I think it would be nice to be sold again in the premium store,because many people already own it,so why dont give that chance to others aswell.

But to be back on point,its pity that a big company as WG,and costing them absolutely nothing,donate only 2 tanks to a charity.As you said 2 tanks wont break the balance,either would 20 or 50 of them...Lets face the truth,wg accepted this deal only for publicity...

Lethul #83 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11455 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 15 January 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Short version: Defender is possible to be sold again in the future.

Thanks, you just confirmed our expectations: that WG cares just about money and you will do anything for more money.

Of course, they are a company.

Welcome to the real world.

Bludsuager #84 Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11553 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

Well atleast with this some money is going to a worthwhile cause and tier 8 MM wont be destroyed even further :D Sides, if they dont sell it again for awhile, it will slowly phase out the  numbers as players stop playing or take a break from the game. Hell some owners (such as myself) have played maybe a few games in it in random and stopped playing it as we care about balance as a whole and crying about balance whilst spamming this vehicle is hypocritical. Might actually take it out for a spin oneday just to justify the purchase thereof and with other tier 8s that already are already really strong this wont stand out too much.

Also honestly when last did anyone see one of these ingame?? Might be the randomness and such but i havent seen/noticed one ingame for quite awhile and the way people go on about this tank i sear i thought i would at least see 1 or two every game...

Xaltu #85 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9023 battles
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F
If their was an English version of the auction site then I might have made a bid. But I can't find that option, so my money will go to other worthy causes instead.

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #86 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14272 battles

View PostXaltu, on 16 January 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

If their was an English version of the auction site then I might have made a bid. But I can't find that option, so my money will go to other worthy causes instead.

aukcje.wosp.org.pl/en/world-of-tanks-czolg-obiekt-252u-i-gadzety-i5940160

aukcje.wosp.org.pl/en/world-of-tanks-czolg-su76i-i-gadzety-i5940232

You're welcome.

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 16 January 2018 - 07:48 PM.

Bordhaw #87 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7270 battles
Lastnight they were 250 Euro's with ten days left.

armandio #88 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77743 battles

View PostFalathi, on 15 January 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

Guys, let me fill you in a bit about this one and put it in the one place. 

This particular charity is happening in Poland every January and it`s been around for 26 years now, usually being about raising funds to buy some medical equipment. A piece of history here: when it was starting, Polish purchase parity was much worse than it is now, meaning that relatively modern medical equipment was waaay more expensive than it is now and many hospitals while having good staff and experience were in dire need of the proper hardware. 

Since then, the situation improved but the charity is still about having a defined goal for every year to fill in some gap and buy the equipment needed. As the charity is very popular in Poland, it`s being supported in a variety of ways: gathering funds by volunteers on streets, organizing concerts and among other things auctions on Allegro.pl 
It is common that people auction various items, as well as events for this charity and Wargaming Europe has been participating in this form of support for a few years now. We stick to the original idea of offering something that is rare, something that normally is not sold nor offered - we make an exception because it`s a charity and we do not benefit from it as all the money paid by the winners of the auctions go to charity. 

Now, we decided that Defender and Su76i would indeed be something rare and interesting to players. In the same time, as we offer literally ONE of each, it is not going to break balance in game and we`re not really selling it, anyway. 

Why do we post info about it in English then, you may ask? The reason is, as this charity is getting more and more attention every year and we have had some non Polish participants in some auctions in the past we wanted to share the information with the people who might be interested. 

Should you have any questions regarding this charity, the auctions, or you want to know some more details I`d be happy to reply :) 

Why You decide to support in Your charity for childs, specific country - Poland? Poland is the poorest country in the world? 

There is children in Africa who need more help. There is no any medical equipment in some poor African countries.Poland children at least have food.

If You so much like original ideas and rare items I can offer You one idea.

Found some African charity project You like: for example this.

https://www.aidforaf...ef-of-children/

Tell to game designers make original(desert or summer) African style Camouflage - big five!

And sell the camouflage in WoT shop and give all money You get from selling African style camo to that charity project.:)

And in future please dont put charity for Poland news in main WoT page, announce only in Poland forum.And fire Your public relationship staff.Cause You are making negative emotions to other nationality players.

Maybe You will make some Defender tank charity auction for my country children also.:(

I am unhappy now and disappointed.:confused:

Edited by armandio, Yesterday, 05:53 AM.

Iulian_ro #89 Posted Yesterday, 12:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34158 battles

View Postarmandio, on 16 January 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

Why You decide to support in Your charity for childs, specific country - Poland? Poland is the poorest country in the world? 

There is children in Africa who need more help. There is no any medical equipment in some poor African countries.Poland children at least have food.

Spoiler

Yeah, but the african kids do not play WoT bro, so they can not buy premium tanks with the parents card, like the polonese kids do....:(

By selling two of the most controversial and OP tanks for charity WG just want to make some cheap advertisement in Poland, the biggest community of WoT players in Europe.

P.S.: Most of the charity things are just a shill. Some of the money indeed are used for a good cause, but in general around 70% are lost on the way, because the organizers also have 'expenses' to cover.

This is sad but true.

If you want to help someone, try to avoid the big 'charity' organizations and help by a direct donation.

Edited by Iulian_ro, Yesterday, 12:52 AM.

Xaltu #90 Posted Yesterday, 07:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9023 battles
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F

Thank you for the links. Unfortunately it seems the English version does not seem to extend to the register or login pages.

forrest_dumb #91 Posted Yesterday, 01:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17539 battles
  • [EDEL] EDEL

View PostDuvelske, on 13 January 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Mr Conway, this is just a rip off. Seriously as you guys said the DEFENDER would NOT be sold anymore due to it is SO much OVERPOWERED. Yet you are selling it now.. Why not sell a tank like the tier x obj 777, or the t22 med for example? Or MAYBE, just MAYBE even the WT auf E100.. But no, just sell the defender as it is SOOOO balanced.. RIGHT

Selling one single overpowered Tier 8 tank over a charity-auction will for sure totally ruin the tier 8 matchmaking. :facepalm:

Falathi #92 Posted Yesterday, 03:03 PM

General

• WG Staff
  • 14250 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postarmandio, on 16 January 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

https://www.aidforaf...ef-of-children/

Tell to game designers make original(desert or summer) African style Camouflage - big five!

And sell the camouflage in WoT shop and give all money You get from selling African style camo to that charity project.:)

And in future please dont put charity for Poland news in main WoT page, announce only in Poland forum.And fire Your public relationship staff.Cause You are making negative emotions to other nationality players.

Maybe You will make some Defender tank charity auction for my country children also.:(

I am unhappy now and disappointed.:confused:

Fortunately, Poland is not the poorest country in the world. However, this does not mean there is no room for charity and the situation couldn`t be better. You are right that there are a lot of people in much more dire situation out there BUT you can always try to help as many as you can. 
Also, you can always argue that this charity is not really that needed, that charity is not that needed, another one is not that OK or pressing from your point of view and end up not actually helping anyone. 

I definitely feel that if you can and want to help - you should do it. And what matters for me is that with this charity we`re helping some people in need. Even if you can`t help everyone, you should at least try to help some. It is way better than not helping at all. 

When it comes to Latvia - I`m not aware of any big charity event like that. If you know something worth supporting, please consider contacting us. Thank you in advance!

As for Africa - we`re talking about a huge and very diverse continent here and I simply do not want to give a bit of background here as the post would easily have to be a page long and political and there simply is no place for it. Personally, I`m familiar only with the situation in three countries of Africa and it`s vastly different between one another. 

In short: there are serious needs and there are ways you can help, but not necessarily simple, or obvious. 

As I mentioned it`s too big of a subject to discuss here, but should you be interested let me know.

View PostIulian_ro, on 17 January 2018 - 12:49 AM, said:

Yeah, but the african kids do not play WoT bro, so they can not buy premium tanks with the parents card, like the polonese kids do....:(

By selling two of the most controversial and OP tanks for charity WG just want to make some cheap advertisement in Poland, the biggest community of WoT players in Europe.

P.S.: Most of the charity things are just a shill. Some of the money indeed are used for a good cause, but in general around 70% are lost on the way, because the organizers also have 'expenses' to cover.

This is sad but true.

If you want to help someone, try to avoid the big 'charity' organizations and help by a direct donation.

In the first place - as I mentioned already this charity has a bit of history and is quite a big one, so we decided to support it this year again the way we could and the way that is common. Allegro.pl has whole lot of auctions for this charity so offering something on our side was the most natural thing to do. 

As for the charity and shill - it always makes sense to check what the charity is about and how does it work. In this case, it`s been checked and is quite transparent. The papers are in Polish but in short if this charity wasn`t legit we would not participate. 

View PostXaltu, on 17 January 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

Thank you for the links. Unfortunately it seems the English version does not seem to extend to the register or login pages.

That`s most unfortunate. However, when you use Chrome and translate the page it works good enough, given the circumstances. 
 And thank you very much for your interest and will to participate :) 

lordofthehoard #93 Posted Today, 06:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 55654 battles
  • [-SEK-] -SEK-

Dear WG and All

First thing is that I really enjoy and am gratefull for a  basically free to play game, where you do not need to pay.

Secondly I recognize the need to make some money for the costs , like paying people, and some profit for the efforts and risks.

With the SU76I in mind I was sitting buying it in the shop when it was recalled onthe first day after having bought it for my son.

Since that recall WG has gotten better balacing vehicles, but they are not keeping all their comittments or created expectations.

I have been systematically collecting tanks, as I enjoy the game and want to suport it, but sometimes WG has said this is the last time a certain tank is available.

In this case WG advertized a chance to get the SU76I a a rediculus prize for a good cause, making it look like people could bid, But, the bidding is not available to all EU communicaty, the text is only in polish, but once one have spen an hour or so to get through that, you find out it is NOT  available in my country in EU, really dissapointing, as ti quote Dr Schultz I wante d to make a rediculus bid for this Mandingo fighter.

Please assur a similar  auction in all EU and affiliated countries, or at least allow me to match the winning contribution, unless you would find it fair it fair to sell it to me at the original price.

Disapointed but  hopefull for fair treatment now that the problem is known

LordoftheHoard (Hoard actually meaning collection))

Edited by lordofthehoard, Today, 06:52 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users