We need an easier way to make and install sound mods

sound mods how to make

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Nanowatt #1 Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12209 battles

Hello, as the title may suggest i and maybe the whole community need an easier way of implementing our own sound mods/ files, into the game. We need a tool that will allow us to use small audio files(the format doesn't bother me) for different actions during the game. The tool should have different tabs/ categories which should be named based on the actions during a game (detect, game start, taking damage, killing a cew...etc) with a drop down menu beneath each tab/ category showing the actual sound files of the game, allowing us to delete them or replace them with the ones we desire. The end result should either be inserted in the actual voiceover.bnk which i would prefer due to the limitations of the xml file, or an xml file for the red_mods folder. 

Please, if any of the WG staff is seeing this or any of the modders, don't fully ignore it. The actual way of making and implementing sound mods is just pure hell.

Thanks for tuning in

Edited by Nanowatt, 14 January 2018 - 03:13 PM.

Kyphros #2 Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14443 battles
I concur. Audio mods were easy to make with FMOD, now it is absolute hell. And on top of that it's horribly limited, because wwise's free version sucks.

OldSkool #3 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 67301 battles
  • [SKILL] SKILL

View PostKyphros, on 21 January 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

I concur. Audio mods were easy to make with FMOD, now it is absolute hell. And on top of that it's horribly limited, because wwise's free version sucks.

So why you dont use licensed version then? XVM is providing it.

d4ce #4 Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32665 battles

View PostOldSkool, on 22 January 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

So why you dont use licensed version then? XVM is providing it.

I don't know what you mean by that exactly.

Speaking for myself, the free voice mods I made never saw tremendous popularity but sometimes I got a nice response from someone. That's fine.

Are you suggesting every amateur out there should take the step to invest in software that might be obsolete in the next patch and strive to monetize their project just like xvm did just to cover those costs?

As I see it, having a lot of available mods to choose from benefits the community and so indirectly Wargaming.

Also tagged with sound, mods, how to, make

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users