Why WG does nothing about bots

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Killer_Tia #1 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 873 battles

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 15 January 2018 - 10:24 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming and Shaming

_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Have you given it some thought? As to why would someone buy that many premiums and then bot their account? Most of the bots are really bad players. It could be a 65 year old tank collector, a disabled person, or god knows who.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 14 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

Have you given it some thought? As to why would someone buy that many premiums and then bot their account? Most of the bots are really bad players. It could be a 65 year old tank collector, a disabled person, or god knows who.

To be honest... even if it was Jesus himself, I don't care. Whatever it is, it should get removed from the game.

btw: That term "(pixel) tank collector" should become the ugliest word of the year. It makes my bowels twist everytime I hear it...

Edited by Jigabachi, 14 January 2018 - 03:52 PM.

Aim_Away_From_Face #4 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 14 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

Why should that make any difference when such a player is detrimental to every single battle they're in? 

People complain about toxic players and players who are full on a-holes who have horrid behaviour and throw insults around all the time, rightly so; however players such as this are probably the root cause of most (not all, some people are just a-holes regardless) players becoming so toxic. You can't count on a player such as this for literally anything except to take up a team slot which could have had someone better in there. 

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJigabachi, on 14 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

To be honest... even if it was Jesus himself, I don't care. Whatever it is, it should get removed from the game.

btw: That term "(pixel) tank collector" should become the ugliest word of the year. It makes my bowels twist everytime I hear it...

View PostAim_Away_From_Face, on 14 January 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Why should that make any difference when such a player is detrimental to every single battle they're in? 

People complain about toxic players and players who are full on a-holes who have horrid behaviour and throw insults around all the time, rightly so; however players such as this are probably the root cause of most (not all, some people are just a-holes regardless) players becoming so toxic. You can't count on a player such as this for literally anything except to take up a team slot which could have had someone better in there. 

It's not like I approve these types of players, but I don't see a viable solution either. Are you saying WG should delete anyone with less than 100/200 WN8? I wouldn't mind, I just don't see it happening.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 14 January 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

It's not like I approve these types of players, but I don't see a viable solution either. Are you saying WG should delete anyone with less than 100/200 WN8? I wouldn't mind, I just don't see it happening.

They should slowly start sieving out those players. For now it would be completely ok to just take out bots and botplayers with >10k matches who hit <1 shots per match.

VsUK #7 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
Bots are what WG call, AI assistance. Another words. They'd rather fill your team with AI tanks that completely ignore everything going on in the game & follow a specific path as if they're the only tank in the game. Completely ruins the game play!

_snowfIake__ #8 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26606 battles
I like bots, they are better than most players today...

VsUK #9 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I agree, bots are usually better than players. Especially when you get mouthed off by a 12 yr old who thinks hiding in a TVP 50/51 until the near end is good for team play. 
Bots have a purpose. They give a false impression of activity. But I don't think people invest in premium to be playing against & with AI tanks. I had a obvious AI tank experience recently. Everyone in our team was dead. But the tank still camped, still kept highlighting parts of the map & still kept asking for help, even though it was the only tank alive. Also, AI tanks completely undermine what this game is about. Team battles!

Aim_Away_From_Face #10 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25 battles

The solution has been suggested for years now, captcha, it's even in the game already to prevent selling tanks by mistake or dismissing crew by mistake. 

Anyone who gets 10 bot/inactive reports must complete a captcha when pressing battle for the next 7 days. 

Problem solved. 

Sadly WG would rather invest time in ruining various tiers one at a time (although 9.22 is going to ruin 8,9 and 10 even more all at once but that's another topic)

Jethro_Grey #11 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4302 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostAim_Away_From_Face, on 14 January 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

If it is a bot i should get removed, but if it's not?

It could be just a bad player and he has the same right to play the game as "good" players. 

Now, if he'd would play Ranked games or other competitive modes, that would be different.

Who in their right mind would buy premiums and then use botting software?

I'm a WoWS main and unlike WoT i'm good at it and while i hate losing games in randoms due to high tier players without any basic knowledge of the game, i can't do much about it.

They have the same right to play as i do.

I do wish however these ...players...would stay the f@ck out of ranked games.

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 14 January 2018 - 04:57 PM.

VsUK #12 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
WG wont remove BOTs or as WG like to call them. AI assistance. Because it benefits them. Like whats already been said.security image to start games is already an option they use for other aspects. I don't think this game is half as active as the numbers suggest. Because we have no idea what % of the online players are actually human. And do you really want to spend money on a game that's falling in activity?

jabster #13 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostVsUK, on 14 January 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

WG wont remove BOTs or as WG like to call them. AI assistance. Because it benefits them. Like whats already been said.security image to start games is already an option they use for other aspects. I don't think this game is half as active as the numbers suggest. Because we have no idea what % of the online players are actually human. And do you really want to spend money on a game that's falling in activity?

Gee, you really are going for the let’s try to get a negative reaction posts this afternoon aren’t you.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29170 battles

There's probably things you like doing but aren't good at. Fortunate for you then there aren't people demanding you be denied the opportunity to enjoy them.

AliceUnchained #15 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322
Well nothing a reroll can't fix eh?

NoPoet406 #16 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2440 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
Who says any presumed bot player is BUYING premiums? I've watched players today who did not behave like human beings would - driving aimlessly, ignoring enemies, when they were in position to either cap or at least score easy kills. If this game is festooned with bots, wouldn't it make sense for some of them to have access to special tanks, to make them look more like real players? I get the impression that there are a lot more bots in the game than we know.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #17 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31022 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
Well in WoT 1.0 when they implement the mysterious vehicle rating fully, the rating filter on MM should fix that.
The optional bandwidth filter of selected vehicle rating will relax with queue time and center around first in player vehicles.
All sorted and they can all Bot together.

DracheimFlug #18 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

You would even remove Jesus Himself from the game if He was playing? Cold, man... really cold... :unsure:

Jigabachi #19 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 14 January 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

There's probably things you like doing but aren't good at. Fortunate for you then there aren't people demanding you be denied the opportunity to enjoy them.

Let's assume the player in question is a real human being an not a bot.

There is a HUGE difference between "being bad at sth" and "being so bad at sth that you are a burden for everyone you play with and get outperformed by a botting program". This should be more than obvious.

Respect and consideration have limits. And they aren't one-way-roads, either.

If I was that bad at something, I would stop doing it.

Imagine you are into rowing as a sport and you get a new teammate who constantly rows against the rest of the other teammates in the boat.

"Let him, he might enjoy it!" ...would that be your answer?

Killer_Tia #20 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 873 battles

I think Jigabachi gets it. 

Yes, of course everyone should be free to enjoy anything they want (within obvious constraints, I'm sure there's lots of illegal stuff which is fun) but when it's something which directly affects the enjoyment other people have of something then steps should be taken. 

This guy, and many thousands more, could well be real players and not bots but they are so bad it is detrimental to the team. I'll cite the rules for a moment here with this part:

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation.

In my opinion someone who is so, so, so bad as to be outperformed by bot programs breaches this rule. Their very existence within a team is disruptive to the gaming experience of others. 

This negative impact  which they have on other peoples gaming experience is further compounded by the current MM system of 3/5/7. When this person is a top tier in their tier 8 premium they have far more influence on the battle than a bottom tier. Now of course its much rarer for them to be top tier with the current MM but that makes it even worse in my opinion when they're needed that much more to help the team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users