Jump to content


When using the Large Holidron Decorider, have you got exactly the same decoration 5 times in a row?

Christmas ops Large holidron decorider

  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Large Holidron Decorider! Have you had exectly the same decoration 5 times in a row when crafting? (60 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Have you had exactly the same decoration 5 times in a row?

  1. Yes! (43 votes [71.67%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 71.67%

  2. No! (17 votes [28.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.33%

Vote Hide poll

Brodie_ #1 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 76113 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    10-21-2013

So, supposedly the Large Holidron XXXX is supposed to be random...

Just thought that I would post a very simple & maybe quite telling poll about it.

Thank you for voting! 



Derethim #2 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16426 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

Happened 4 times with a chinese pendant, luckily managed to get all the chinese stuff before 15th.

Not 5 tho. Terrible RNG luck, mate.



NoPoet406 #3 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2351 battles
  • 471
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016

I voted No, but it doesn't seem to have accepted it.

 

I did get the same tier 3 Modern decoration 2 or 3 times, before it made the one I want. Then on my next attempt to craft a tier 3, it took two attempts.

 

EDIT: In fairness, I have had it craft exactly what I wanted on the first try on several occasions. Your best bet is to find unique items (eg house lights, snowman head) and craft them first, so you know you'll get what you want.


Edited by NoPoet406, 14 January 2018 - 06:00 PM.


Brodie_ #4 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 76113 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    10-21-2013

I just want people to be honest with their votes.

I hesitate to go into my own personal frustration with it. 

It will be interesting to see if it gets shut down. 

A very pertinent subject today I feel!

 

Thank you for voting!  



Strappster #5 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23587 battles
  • 8,772
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

Yes, I think my record was 8 before I decided to come back later. You should probably read up on the generation of random sequences before going much further, however, as you tend to see repetition much more often than you'd think. Apple made their Shuffle function less random in order to give people a more random selection of music last year and Spotify did the same a couple of years ago after finding that using a truly random selection didn't feel random to human listeners.

 

Apple Made Their Shuffle Feature Less Random, to Make It More Random

Spotify developer confirms random selection isn't truly random

 

In short, it is random, it's your expectation of what should come up in a random sequence that's faulty.



Pansenmann #6 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33268 battles
  • 12,024
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

I really like the pun they attempted, hinting at the LHC

large hardon collider


Edited by Pansenmann, 14 January 2018 - 06:10 PM.


Eaglax #7 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18973 battles
  • 3,481
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

not directly in a row

1 need one out of 3, and it's one of the other two all the time......I already tried it at least 8 times :deer:



Laur_Balaur_XD #8 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35365 battles
  • 640
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
I got the exact same one (from 4 possible) 9 times in a row.....

Brodie_ #9 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 76113 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    10-21-2013

Just looking at this again.

I wish I had said tier 5 decorations in a row...

 

I will add that at that point I always stopped for fear of blowing more shards down the toilet... 


Edited by Brodie_, 14 January 2018 - 06:56 PM.


Laur_Balaur_XD #10 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35365 battles
  • 640
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostStrappster, on 14 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Yes, I think my record was 8 before I decided to come back later. You should probably read up on the generation of random sequences before going much further, however, as you tend to see repetition much more often than you'd think. Apple made their Shuffle function less random in order to give people a more random selection of music last year and Spotify did the same a couple of years ago after finding that using a truly random selection didn't feel random to human listeners.

 

Apple Made Their Shuffle Feature Less Random, to Make It More Random

Spotify developer confirms random selection isn't truly random

 

In short, it is random, it's your expectation of what should come up in a random sequence that's faulty.

 

You can easy do a RNG thing that simply excludes the already picked result from the pool of possible choices.

Like in the case of music playlists that you speak about, i bet no one would be happy to listen to same song 5-10 times in a row, because is RNG....

 

But i guess for WG programmers this is next to impossible, after all those guys could not totally fixed the contacts/chat problems in more than 4 months...



Homer_J #11 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27072 battles
  • 27,700
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBrodie_, on 14 January 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

I just want people to be honest with their votes.

 

 

And what do you think your poll will show?  That random is random?

 

Personally I never got 5 in a row, most I managed was 3 in a row when there were 2 possibilities.  But I'm not even pretending I can get a complete collection, I'm happy with the 48% bonus.



Homer_J #12 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27072 battles
  • 27,700
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostIulian_ro, on 14 January 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

 

You can easy do a RNG thing that simply excludes the already picked result from the pool of possible choices.

 

You mean rig it?  Imagine the outrage.



Erwin_Von_Braun #13 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36096 battles
  • 3,909
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostBrodie_, on 14 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

So, supposedly the Large Holidron XXXX is supposed to be random...

Just thought that I would post a very simple & maybe quite telling poll about it.

Thank you for voting!

 

No.

When it happened twice in a row, I remembered this is WG and just stopped.



Brodie_ #14 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 76113 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    10-21-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 14 January 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

 

And what do you think your poll will show?  That random is random?

 

Personally I never got 5 in a row, most I managed was 3 in a row when there were 2 possibilities.  But I'm not even pretending I can get a complete collection, I'm happy with the 48% bonus.

 

Then we shall see won't we...

& so will everyone else..    :deer:


Edited by Brodie_, 14 January 2018 - 07:36 PM.


Strappster #15 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23587 battles
  • 8,772
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostIulian_ro, on 14 January 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

You can easy do a RNG thing that simply excludes the already picked result from the pool of possible choices.

Like in the case of music playlists that you speak about, i bet no one would be happy to listen to same song 5-10 times in a row, because is RNG....

 

But i guess for WG programmers this is next to impossible, after all those guys could not totally fixed the contacts/chat problems in more than 4 months...

 

So your solution is to make the random selection less random. Brilliant, I'm sure WG will be contacting you shortly to head up their development team. :rolleyes:



Laur_Balaur_XD #16 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35365 battles
  • 640
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostStrappster, on 14 January 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

 

So your solution is to make the random selection less random. Brilliant, I'm sure WG will be contacting you shortly to head up their development team. :rolleyes:

 

Sure, we all know WG likes ideas like mine that would make the players/customers benefit more and WG makes less money... Oh, wait.....:sceptic:

Strappster #17 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23587 battles
  • 8,772
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostIulian_ro, on 14 January 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

Sure, we all know WG likes ideas like mine that would make the players/customers benefit more and WG makes less money... Oh, wait.....:sceptic:

 

I think your prejudice is showing. There's no need to pay money to complete collections, if you get three duplicates in a row then craft something else or come back later when RNGesus is looking elsewhere. There's no point getting all mardy because you don't think random selections should actually be random.



_Anarchistic_ #18 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34798 battles
  • 1,027
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

not only that but need 2 tier 5 baubles for soviet camo, after doing every mission did not get 1 of them so I smashed every one for shards and using every shard with holidron still need those exact same 5 baubles

 

well I aint gonna pay anything so guess that's it



Homer_J #19 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27072 battles
  • 27,700
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBrodie_, on 14 January 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

 

Then we shall see won't we...

 

 

See what?  That if you craft enough decorations you will get the same one several times in a row?  That if you roll a dice enough times you will throw a six five times in a row?

Laur_Balaur_XD #20 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35365 battles
  • 640
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostStrappster, on 14 January 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

 

I think your prejudice is showing. There's no need to pay money to complete collections, if you get three duplicates in a row then craft something else or come back later when RNGesus is looking elsewhere. There's no point getting all mardy because you don't think random selections should actually be random.

 

I got the exactly same tier 5 bauble 9 times in a row when i tried to craft it:

-first 5 times crafted one afte another

-next 2 times crafted after i crafted some other tiers things

-and the last 2 times crafted the next day

 

What should i do more? Uninstall the game? Reset my account? Buy another pc?

Oh, wait...There is a solution, i could buy some more boxes...


Edited by Iulian_ro, 14 January 2018 - 10:04 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users