Jump to content


Hall of Fame


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

call_me_ShockZz #1 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

I like the idea of being able to see how good Im playing compared to all the other players playing that tank right now, but apart from that its just useless..

 

Why cant we get rewards? doesnt even have to be gold, Id be even fine with boosters

 

you could also give us badges like the campaign ones, just give us something



Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 38235 battles
  • 4,938
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 14 January 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I like the idea of being able to see how good Im playing compared to all the other players playing that tank right now, but apart from that its just useless..

 

Why cant we get rewards? doesnt even have to be gold, Id be even fine with boosters

 

you could also give us badges like the campaign ones, just give us something

 

Bonds would be nice:)

MrGimpSuit #3 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10011 battles
  • 269
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-04-2012
Isn't MoE % reflection of your current performance in any particular tenku at any given time? Kinda?

Aim_Away_From_Face #4 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25 battles
  • 709
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011

I was wondering if there was going to be any kind of reward for the top rated people for the various ratings.

 



MarcoStrapone #5 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35373 battles
  • 716
  • [-GODS] -GODS
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
lol, santi still exist?

UrQuan #6 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19411 battles
  • 6,153
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

MoE are a way to reflect this (as previously stated by others). Also collecting high numbers of various awards can point towards being skilled at something (high number of High calibers: damage, high number of Patrol Duties: good spotter etc)

The awards also come with Bonds, which are easier to collect when you are a good player,s because the better you perform in a TX game, the more you gather (also, awards also pay out a tiny number of bonds)

 

You can do tournaments to show off your player skill, some are solo, others are in small groups & they have rewards if you climb high enough. 



8126Jakobsson #7 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 65206 battles
  • 3,255
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
I don't even understand how the rating works. First time I checked I was #10 with Obj.416 with absolute crap stats and the second I had the #1 spot with T1 Cunningham after trying to ace that damn thing. But yeah it would be nice to get some reward, if only an emblem that you could put on the tank you got on the top-10 spot or something. Then I could cruise around on Mittengard with a #1 badge on my T1. :child:

call_me_ShockZz #8 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostAim_Away_From_Face, on 14 January 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

I was wondering if there was going to be any kind of reward for the top rated people for the various ratings.

 

you dont get anything thats the problem.. been top 10 on multiple tanks and its worth nothing



call_me_ShockZz #9 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostMrGimpSuit, on 14 January 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

Isn't MoE % reflection of your current performance in any particular tenku at any given time? Kinda?

 

but MoE is just damage and assistance, hall of fame is everything together

Toni112007 #10 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9774 battles
  • 424
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
I think I am 11th with Ferdi if it didnt change in meantime.

Edited by Toni112007, 15 January 2018 - 12:10 AM.


Sessine #11 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27103 battles
  • 1,035
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

Just badges would be ok i guess. 1-10 with some fancy graphic.

 

Or even something similar to gun marks but i have no idea how that looks except wider stripes for germans. :trollface:

 

Both MoE and HoF should ideally be visible together.

 

 



TungstenHitman #12 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:27 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21504 battles
  • 4,006
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 14 January 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I like the idea of being able to see how good Im playing compared to all the other players playing that tank right now, but apart from that its just useless..

 

Yes, pretty useless and even more so than you think. Does anyone actually bother looking at it these days? It can't be taken seriously since it's only based on a month which is way too small a sample size of time and also way too small a sample size of battles. Only the very last day of the results, just before the reset, does it become in any way reflective of who is doing well but even at that it's just way too short an amount of time and way too few battles to be taken serious.

 

A proper Hall of Fame is supposed to be based on all time results and doesn't get reset. In WoT a hall of fame would be all time result perhaps limited to the last 100 battles to reflect improvements or regression, whatever the case may be. But just because a player hasn't played that tank for a while shouldn't mean his/her results simply get erased, they should not. The last 100 battles should always be featured and never reset, this is both a fairly accurate sample size when all players complete that amount to give a somewhat accurate hall of fame that will change order as players averages get better or worse with their latest battle performances... The only time a hall of fame should ever be reset again is if WG change the tanks stats, nerf or buff or tier change etc. otherwise, what was achieved was achieved.



NaanBread #13 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 28399 battles
  • 37
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    01-07-2013

Who cares? Just enjoy the battles that you do well in. Stop crying and worrying about poxy stats ffs.

When you play well, watch the replay 3 times.. Feel good!

Leave the stats for the jobless that can play all day everyday, the rest of us just normal hard working plebs that can only manage a few hours a week, rejoice and enjoy that great game you have every now and again!



WhoCares01 #14 Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11525 battles
  • 243
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 January 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

 

Yes, pretty useless and even more so than you think. Does anyone actually bother looking at it these days? It can't be taken seriously since it's only based on a month which is way too small a sample size of time and also way too small a sample size of battles. Only the very last day of the results, just before the reset, does it become in any way reflective of who is doing well but even at that it's just way too short an amount of time and way too few battles to be taken serious.

 

A proper Hall of Fame is supposed to be based on all time results and doesn't get reset. In WoT a hall of fame would be all time result perhaps limited to the last 100 battles to reflect improvements or regression, whatever the case may be. But just because a player hasn't played that tank for a while shouldn't mean his/her results simply get erased, they should not. The last 100 battles should always be featured and never reset, this is both a fairly accurate sample size when all players complete that amount to give a somewhat accurate hall of fame that will change order as players averages get better or worse with their latest battle performances... The only time a hall of fame should ever be reset again is if WG change the tanks stats, nerf or buff or tier change etc. otherwise, what was achieved was achieved.

 

There is already also Hall of Fame starting in Dec. 2014. Problem with that is, that tanks/meta may have drastically changed since then, like for artillery - you can't really compare those results with results collected today. As such, the monthly and daily stats are more meaningful, as they are achieved under the same conditions.

But I also agree with you, that like in the daily results, comparing someone with 5 battles to someone with 20 battles is not quite fair either.

Then again, just this weekend I "power-grinded" all my missing tier 1/2/3 german and british medium and lights, and actually managed to get to rank 1 in the daily rating for at least one tank (Medium 2, iirc) - and that with  a crew that is not even trained for the tank :child:



K_A #15 Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13641 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

Biggest flaw in the Hall of Fame is that it requires over 50 battles in a month for a player to even be eligible for it. That means that I'll probably never have more than one tank eligible for HoF on any given month, most months I won't have a single one. That means that my 40 battles in a particular tank aren't counted at all even if my average would've been in the top 5%.

 

Now of course allowing people to enter with just one battle would be silly, have one monster game and don't touch it and whoops you are first in HoF, but something a bit more flexible, like 50 or 100 battles in 3 months or something would allow a larger amount of players to be eligible for it.



call_me_ShockZz #16 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostK_A, on 15 January 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Biggest flaw in the Hall of Fame is that it requires over 50 battles in a month for a player to even be eligible for it. That means that I'll probably never have more than one tank eligible for HoF on any given month, most months I won't have a single one. That means that my 40 battles in a particular tank aren't counted at all even if my average would've been in the top 5%.

 

Now of course allowing people to enter with just one battle would be silly, have one monster game and don't touch it and whoops you are first in HoF, but something a bit more flexible, like 50 or 100 battles in 3 months or something would allow a larger amount of players to be eligible for it.

 

yes they should split the year in 4 segments and then give rewards to the best players

_Sensation_ #17 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6910 battles
  • 579
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017
Who cares anyways 

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #18 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30091 battles
  • 1,114
  • [SQCI] SQCI
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015
Well guess its a work in progress with the player tank rating stats being gathered first.
It will be great when we have an optional filter to MM for player tank rating.
Bye bots as hopefully my av rating might just lift me above the worst.

AdzTownstrike #19 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18853 battles
  • 706
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    05-19-2014

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 14 January 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

you dont get anything thats the problem.. been top 10 on multiple tanks and its worth nothing

 

Tier 6 tanks ... Cough cough... Worth nothing anyway... Even if there were rewards

 

 

 

 

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users