Test the changes to the Stronghold mode!

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

_Crusad3r_ #401 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29851 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

I'll explain it as best as I can from my opinion on both sides or whatever you want to call this (old and new etc)

1) Advances. Best change imho WG has ever done to the clan related side of things. Why? Old SH had 2-6am defence times which clans would hide behind so if you wanted to attack a clan at a normal time(level 9-10 SH anyway as I never did it in a lower SH clan) you only had the option of attacking FAME etc at 9pm or every other clan more around your level of clan at 3am so nothing happened in the mode. My worry is that you're changing SH to 10v10 which I am not a fan of but I can see why and I am just wondering how long till advances go the same way? I personally enjoy advances and is the only SH gamemode I play now actively because T8 is full tryhard for no real reason other than skill based mm. If SH and maybe CW change to 10v10 then there would be no logical reason for Advances to be 15v15 right? Yet in my opinion again skill based MM is good for advances simply because you can pick the setup you want for each map apart from the first which is a random map.

2) T6 SH: Still the same as it used to be apart from the arty strike but I am pretty sure noone really cares about this as its a very low skill gamemode and is just there for grinding some credits or exp and yolo tactics - maybe w/o arty strike it would be more entertaining again as well as skill based MM removed as well because its NOT really needed here or at T8 lets be honest.

3) T8 SH: Used to be great fun until the introduction of the OPremiums like defenders and patriots that spam full APCR which turned the gamemode from a credit grinding and chill out zone (for me anyway) to a needlessly stressful gamemode of tryharding and gold spamming which ruined the mode completely. (just compare the average setups from before and after skill based mm and you will see my point I can even link a couple battles from the past: http://wotreplays.eu...rusad3r-m40_m43 - I will try and find more but they are somewhere in my PC as screenshots so will try and find them at least) My point is the gamemode used to be a bit of a laugh for everyone as you could take whatever tank and just play it - noone gave a damn but now its all tryhard and serious which is kinda sad. NOW before SS comes and says "See its just good clans farming worse clans" No. You didn't play alot of this mode before skill based mm was introduced. Before you clicked the battle button and got a random team on a random map which meant that usually one team had an advantage somewhere in the lineup whether is was light meds or heavies etc. The fun part was there wasn't alot of camping it was quick battles of action and no time spent in queue's for skill based MM. Out of 10 battles you would fight a clan better than you maybe once, a clan of the same level 3-4 times and the rest were usually worse clans. You might say that 50% of these battles were insta wins but not always. My point is I played T8 in every clan I have been in from low WN8 clans to 2.5k+ - the outcome used to be the same. You would fight the majority of battles against similar or lower skilled clans but it was rare to fight higher skill clans because if you look at clans nowadays there are very few compared to the "golden age" of clans from 2-3 years ago. Alot of the clans have either disbanded or the players have gone inactive. This is why I don't like skill based MM. How are the lower skilled players ever gonna win against better clans if they can never meet them. You're just staying at the same level and barely improving. Who cares if you meet FAME or GO-IN in a battle - just give it your best and go onto the next one. Its a game after all. If the game is to ever get better you need the players to have the availability to fight better clans to get experience to use to improve. If you sit there too scared to fight a clan you know you will lose against then you're never gonna beat them - at least try to and maybe you will beat them but as it is the high level skilled playerbase is dying and the lower is getting bigger making it a dying tree for high level gameplay. IMHO T8 SH is dead. With the OPremiums and stuff like that it can't be fixed which is why I don't want T10 to go the same way.

T10 SH: 15v15 is the same as CW and Advances so unless you plan to change those as well I don't see the reason to make it 10v10. You're just admitting it that the game is dying on the competitive side of things. How are you going to push people towards these gamemodes if you don't make them reach a feasible goal of 15 active players? Its the end game. It should be more skill based not just handed to you on a silver plate. If you compare setups again from before and after skill based mm its the same story as T8. Its more tryhard - you see less fun or yolo setups (http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_25_t) because people have to tryhard to win all the time when in the past SH was always used as an escape from the seriousness of CW its now joined it at the same level of focus required. 

Overall for SH: Personally skill based MM should be removed from T6,8,10 SH but KEPT for Advances.  Advances is a better place for it because there is only 1 random map to decide who attacks first and from there you can pick the perfect setup for each map. Random SH battles is completely random what map you get and if thats the case it should the same for the teams you meet. I can understand why 10v10 is more active because less active clans can play as well but I feel you're just lowering the bar for activity and not trying to make clans to make that effort to play with 15 players. You're just trying to revive a gamemode that will help short term but in the long term will completely destroy the gamemode for good. Sorry for long post/rant but you want feedback and that's mine.

StinkyStonky #402 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29408 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

For Your Enjoyment.

voulezvous #403 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

Community Team Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 17878 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostStinkyStonky, on 16 February 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

For Your Enjoyment.

Guys! I am thinking about starting a new series of portal articles which would show what CW, SH, GM is to the uninitiated. You know, embedding clips of funny moments and amazing tactics working out perfectly caught on video, benefits and drawbacks of being a legionnaire, tactics and strategies, insight into all the behind the scenes Teamspeak arrangments between clans.

A 1 minute-long clip starting here is exactly the kind of visual stuff I'm looking for. We would need to bleep the more colorful language you employ to show it on Portal but I think it's worth a try.

What I would like from you would be a willingness to drop me a link to a video or some short text about one of those topics as they pop up during your clan games. What do you say? Yay or nay?

For now a PM will suffice but if the idea picks up I would create some space here for it.

Edited by voulezvous, 16 February 2018 - 03:07 PM.

Pataky #404 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 45848 battles
  • [NMRD] NMRD

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 16 February 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Overall for SH: Personally skill based MM should be removed from T6,8,10 SH but KEPT for Advances.  Advances is a better place for it because there is only 1 random map to decide who attacks first and from there you can pick the perfect setup for each map. Random SH battles is completely random what map you get and if thats the case it should the same for the teams you meet. I can understand why 10v10 is more active because less active clans can play as well but I feel you're just lowering the bar for activity and not trying to make clans to make that effort to play with 15 players. You're just trying to revive a gamemode that will help short term but in the long term will completely destroy the gamemode for good. Sorry for long post/rant but you want feedback and that's mine.

About the skill balanced MM in skirmishes:

I dont really think, we have any balanced MM. It is totally random, like your teammates in random battle. The scandal about the elo based MM is not true, or just dont work.

Few days ago my members played T8 skirmish (the clan was around 200th position on the t8 SH list), and from 10 battles they get enemy from the top 10 clans..

We cant talk about any balanced things, till you are faced against MVPS, and after some  CSA, and at the 3rd time you get a noname clan.. 

About t10 10v10 i said my opinion, but it was too negative to keep that in mind (some type of a WG censure) 

The only good side of this change is the WarGames. 

Now less player is enough to play in T10.. and still only t10.. The old times, when it was possible to play with t9 tanks at t10 SH was more useful. Nowadays WG want to push players to play together, but they forced them to play random to grind a tank (ofc, we can buy gold to convert xp :D ) so these 2 ways are not the same.

I think the best part of 15v15 was the random setup, and the map. Every side had the chace to use the whole map, so make a surprise move or anything. Now, with lesser players, you lost the map control, you lost the chance to flank the enemy, because if they are grouped up with all of their tanks and see, you are splited, then they push and you lost.. so soon i think it will be a t6 sh.. just yolo play with op tanks, and thats all. better focusfire win.. or higher rng.

At the moment if you have 15 players, who want to play t10, you had to say that to 5 of your member, to go away, and lets find another SH, where you can play as a legionare. It is more harder to find place if you are that 5-6 players who dont have place, than find 1-2 random legionare to your 14-15th position.

BlablaPaige #405 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Commander
  • 20805 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

You want some tactical skilled gameplay?

https://www.youtube....v=pIpsYmI8EHA

https://www.youtube....h?v=YhH_CXfWSIo

https://www.youtube....h?v=u56Rj0cWXh8

https://www.youtube....h?v=C0xtwCkFQ4I

https://www.youtube....h?v=3uvo61L8INw

https://www.youtube....h?v=0A6wjZwIOG8

Spoiler

Edited by BlablaPaige, 16 February 2018 - 03:06 PM.

_Crusad3r_ #406 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29851 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostPataky, on 16 February 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

About the skill balanced MM in skirmishes:

I dont really think, we have any balanced MM. It is totally random, like your teammates in random battle. The scandal about the elo based MM is not true, or just dont work.

Few days ago my members played T8 skirmish (the clan was around 200th position on the t8 SH list), and from 10 battles they get enemy from the top 10 clans..

We cant talk about any balanced things, till you are faced against MVPS, and after some  CSA, and at the 3rd time you get a noname clan.. 

About t10 10v10 i said my opinion, but it was too negative to keep that in mind (some type of a WG censure) 

The only good side of this change is the WarGames. 

Now less player is enough to play in T10.. and still only t10.. The old times, when it was possible to play with t9 tanks at t10 SH was more useful. Nowadays WG want to push players to play together, but they forced them to play random to grind a tank (ofc, we can buy gold to convert xp :D ) so these 2 ways are not the same.

I think the best part of 15v15 was the random setup, and the map. Every side had the chace to use the whole map, so make a surprise move or anything. Now, with lesser players, you lost the map control, you lost the chance to flank the enemy, because if they are grouped up with all of their tanks and see, you are splited, then they push and you lost.. so soon i think it will be a t6 sh.. just yolo play with op tanks, and thats all. better focusfire win.. or higher rng.

At the moment if you have 15 players, who want to play t10, you had to say that to 5 of your member, to go away, and lets find another SH, where you can play as a legionare. It is more harder to find place if you are that 5-6 players who dont have place, than find 1-2 random legionare to your 14-15th position.

SH elo is seperate from clan rating - SH elo is based on wins etc ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users