The T100 spotting challenge!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

brumbarr #1 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

Having 3 marked a lot of tier10 tanks and pretty much playing all tanks the same way, I thought it was time to switch up my style and do something completely different to challenge myself. 

So since I was close to the T100 I decided lets try to get the highest avg assist per game I possibly can.

I wont care about dmg at all and optimize everything for spotting and see how much I can win in the current meta.

I set myself a realistic goal of 2.7K, that should be the highest on the server. The ambitious goal is 3K avg assist. WHich should be possible but hard.  As a reference I have 1.5K in the T92 tier8 light.

To achieve that goal my optimal setup would be:

-100% camo skill

-situational awereness and recon.

-bia

-vents

-improved optics

-improved rammer

-food

-VR directive

Which should give me 42% camo and 530 m VR.

Sadly  I need 200 bonds to move the rammer and optics on the tank, and I dont have those yet, so currently running with normal optics and rammer.  And since for some reason the T100 commander is also the radioman, which wasnt the case on the T54 lwt, recon is only at 50% .  So dotn have the optimal setup yet.  

Currently I played 13 battles in it, 2K avg dmg, 2653 assist. Not what I wanted, this is due to the maps I got, last battle was ruinberg, I ahd to carry the game, got 8 kills but no assist sadly.  But it should get better I hope. 

A couple of things I have learned though:

-gameplay is completely different, its quite entertaining, the name of the game is moving at all times. I watched some ilya red videos and changed the way I scout, more active, more aggresive.  

-  the tank is slower than I expected, if  feels more sluggish than the T54 lwt.

- city maps are a game of tracking

I will keep you updated how it goes and what I learn along the way. If any one wants to partake in this challenge feel free!

commer #2 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 January 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Having 3 marked a lot of tier10 tanks and pretty much playing all tanks the same way, I thought it was time to switch up my style and do something completely different to challenge myself. 

So since I was close to the T100 I decided lets try to get the highest avg assist per game I possibly can.

I wont care about dmg at all and optimize everything for spotting and see how much I can win in the current meta.

I set myself a realistic goal of 2.7K, that should be the highest on the server. The ambitious goal is 3K avg assist. WHich should be possible but hard.  As a reference I have 1.5K in the T92 tier8 light.

To achieve that goal my optimal setup would be:

-100% camo skill

-situational awereness and recon.

-bia

-vents

-improved optics

-improved rammer

-food

-VR directive

Which should give me 42% camo and 530 m VR.

Sadly  I need 200 bonds to move the rammer and optics on the tank, and I dont have those yet, so currently running with normal optics and rammer.  And since for some reason the T100 commander is also the radioman, which wasnt the case on the T54 lwt, recon is only at 50% .  So dotn have the optimal setup yet.  

Currently I played 13 battles in it, 2K avg dmg, 2653 assist. Not what I wanted, this is due to the maps I got, last battle was ruinberg, I ahd to carry the game, got 8 kills but no assist sadly.  But it should get better I hope. 

A couple of things I have learned though:

-gameplay is completely different, its quite entertaining, the name of the game is moving at all times. I watched some ilya red videos and changed the way I scout, more active, more aggresive.  

-  the tank is slower than I expected, if  feels more sluggish than the T54 lwt.

- city maps are a game of tracking

I will keep you updated how it goes and what I learn along the way. If any one wants to partake in this challenge feel free!

530VR without improved vents? Damn I wish I had the bonds to push that far. I will probably be stuck with something closer to 490vr. 

Good luck with the challenge. I really love Illia's videos. Helped me play more scouty too (though it fucked my DPG) 

Igor_BL #3 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39694 battles
  • [GX] GX

I think he made mistake there... I have all the needed skills rammer/vents/optics + food, and viewrange is 494.
with improved optics, vents plus directive, i think 521 or 523 is max.
Probably a typo.

i enjoy 100LT a lot. Played it 70-80 games in random, got 2.2k dmg and 1.8k assisted.. but it is full yolo playstyle.
when i saw the title, i hoped for another gold challenge :D

I will try it myself when i reach 100 games. Will count next 100 games and post results...

(from 101st to 200th game)

100LT is weird to drive. You have to release a throttle in certain corners... played it a lot during campaign, and got some nice 1-1's against other 100LTs or even batcats, from top clans.
I remember one against brumbar's FC on Lakevill.
It needs a buff, but i love it as it is. it is fast and nimble. And small. this is huuuge advantage over tanks like RHM or Sheridan.

i will not use any improved eq. or directives. will try to max assisted dmg.
since i dont care about wn8 that much, it is gonna be fun challenge.

p.s. since you are talking about track assisted too, you could change the tittle.

Edited by Igor_BL, 15 January 2018 - 04:53 PM.

brumbarr #4 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostIgor_BL, on 15 January 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

I think he made mistake there... I have all the needed skills rammer/vents/optics + food, and viewrange is 494.
with improved optics, vents plus directive, i think 521 or 523 is max.
Probably a typo.

i enjoy 100LT a lot. Played it 70-80 games in random, got 2.2k dmg and 1.8k assisted.. but it is full yolo playstyle.
when i saw the title, i hoped for another gold challenge :D

I will try it myself when i reach 100 games. Will count next 100 games and post results...

(from 101st to 200th game)

100LT is weird to drive. You have to release a throttle in certain corners... played it a lot during campaign, and got some nice 1-1's against other 100LTs or even batcats, from top clans.
I remember one against brumbar's FC on Lakevill.
It needs a buff, but i love it as it is. it is fast and nimble. And small. this is huuuge advantage over tanks like RHM or Sheridan.

i will not use any improved eq. or directives. will try to max assisted dmg.
since i dont care about wn8 that much, it is gonna be fun challenge.

p.s. since you are talking about track assisted too, you could change the tittle.

I didnt remember what it was exactly, so I guessed it, I checked now, its 517 VR.

Not gonna be easy, Played 4 games now , maps:

-ensk

-pilsen

-karelia standard

-mountain pass

How the [edited]am I supposed to spot on these maps?

Igor_BL #5 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39694 battles
  • [GX] GX

i just entered the game. Paris, 1st map. Got some nice bush on the center square, spoted 7-8 heavies. but my team let m103 almost proxy me on 70m...

So... it is gonna be "fun" probably.

commer #6 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 January 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

I didnt remember what it was exactly, so I guessed it, I checked now, its 517 VR.

Not gonna be easy, Played 4 games now , maps:

-ensk

-pilsen

-karelia standard

-mountain pass

How the [edited]am I supposed to spot on these maps?

Change servers it will reset the map rotation for you

Igor_BL #7 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39694 battles
  • [GX] GX

about map rotation...
i re-bought 261, just because i cant stand lookin at  45% winrate...

map rotation is almost non-existing... Tundra, Himel, Tundra, Ruinberg. Tundra.

OK, small maps playing arty... crap happens. I wont complain on maps, playing arty...

But 3/5 Tundra? especially in higher tiers.. if this is rotation....

Edited by Igor_BL, 15 January 2018 - 06:57 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47330 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Would be cool if you could share some replays of nice spotting (not detracking) battles on maps other than malinovka and prokhorovka. Your mission seems hard, good luck.

brumbarr #9 Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

Update: 45 battles in  1st mark reached. 

Stats:

Posted Image

So 2650 spotting, not where I want it to be yet. I think 2700 is definitly reachable, 3K is prob a bit too ambitious. 

I did get the improved optics mounted now, got  502m VR, now saving up bonds for the rammer.

Also, note the 6.69 avg spots per game :p nice meme

What I learned:

-the biggest enemy is the maprotation, doing 3K+ assist on citymaps is almost impossible, you got to go for tracking but with the low alpha gun that doesnt work well

- always expect derp guns to hit you on the move, because they just do :p

-dont be overly aggresive in the beginning,  on most maps, first counter the enemy lights, then start spotting.  

Gonna play some more tomorrow and see if I can get higher. 

tajj7 #10 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25443 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

1957 damage being better than 90% of the playerbase shows how poor that tank is really and the tier 10 lights in general.

commer #11 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 16 January 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

Update: 45 battles in  1st mark reached. 

Stats:

Posted Image

So 2650 spotting, not where I want it to be yet. I think 2700 is definitly reachable, 3K is prob a bit too ambitious. 

I did get the improved optics mounted now, got  502m VR, now saving up bonds for the rammer.

Also, note the 6.69 avg spots per game :p nice meme

What I learned:

-the biggest enemy is the maprotation, doing 3K+ assist on citymaps is almost impossible, you got to go for tracking but with the low alpha gun that doesnt work well

- always expect derp guns to hit you on the move, because they just do :p

-dont be overly aggresive in the beginning,  on most maps, first counter the enemy lights, then start spotting.  

Gonna play some more tomorrow and see if I can get higher. 

​Damn tbh I expected you to hit the first mark even earlier but that's probably the map rotation. Seriously reset servers till you start getting good maps. It works 

brumbarr #12 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

So, update: 2 marks reached after 74 games.

Stats:

Posted Image

So a slight improvement in avg assist, reached my goal of 2.7K, the dmg went up more.

Even though I focus 100% on assist, sometimes there is just nothing to spot for the team and you have to do dmg to win. Going much higher in assist I dont think is possible even for the best scout player on the server ( whoever that is).  

So I think I am happy with the current stats, maybe reachng 2.8k is possible if I get lucky with maps and teams. 

Another problem is that sometimes you dont want to actualyl shoot since that will give you dmg instead of spotting. So you spot an arta in the open => let your team kill it, and when tracking, try not to do dmg and tracking :p  

WR is 62%, which isnt bad but its also 3% below my recent. But after 74 games the standard deviation is 5%, so not really conclusive yet.

But I think I am pretty much at the top of what I can do, I mean, I spot on average half of the enemy team :p

brumbarr #13 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

Little update, just had this monstergame:

http://wotreplays.eu...umbarr-t-100_lt

16K assist dmg, thank you erlenberg!

Current stats:

Posted Image

So assit went up a lot since last time, dmg went down a lot. 

Stil ltrying to get to 3K avg but prob wont happen, since my mark is at 93.6%, so I will mark it before I get there. 

I do currently have the highest assist on the server however for the month of january, and when i keep playing like this the highest assist for anyone on the server.

Edited by brumbarr, 18 January 2018 - 10:39 PM.

commer #14 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 18 January 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Current stats:

Posted Image

Stil ltrying to get to 3K avg but prob wont happen, since my mark is at 93.6%, so I will mark it before I get there. 

I do currently have the highest assist on the server however for the month of january, and when i keep playing like this the highest assist for anyone on the server.

​16k spot? Congrats man. I think my best was 12 or 13.

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20443 battles
16k... That's pretty insane :)

tajj7 #16 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25443 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postbrumbarr, on 18 January 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

Current stats:

Posted Image

Nice, have you basically played nothing else over the last two days? cos you have doubled the the games played!

Also got to laugh that a 15-5 game lasted nearly 14 minutes, Erlenberg is so campy. 

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20443 battles

View Posttajj7, on 19 January 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Erlenberg is so campy. 

Erlenberg is pretty funny, because the teams can basically switch places on map, going both around the map and then camp the remaining time on the hills.

Draz_H #18 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
brumbarr why don't you send that Erlenberg game to my brother so he can make a vid on his YT. I'm sure he'll do it! :hiding:

brumbarr #19 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Posttajj7, on 19 January 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Nice, have you basically played nothing else over the last two days? cos you have doubled the the games played!

Also got to laugh that a 15-5 game lasted nearly 14 minutes, Erlenberg is so campy. 

nope, I only played the T100, I always play 1 tank at a time and then the next one.

Well, it was the campiness that allowed me to get 16K assist:)

brumbarr #20 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostDraz_H, on 19 January 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

brumbarr why don't you send that Erlenberg game to my brother so he can make a vid on his YT. I'm sure he'll do it! :hiding:

haha, sure, dont think it was a very interesting game, just drove from 1 end of the map to the next one like 20 times but sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users