Some questions to the community

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dammonar #1 Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52207 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

- Would you like to be able to spectate a random battle of a specified tier?

-Would you like to buy any premium or special vehicle with bonds? Is it a good idea? 

-Which is worse corridor maps with type 5s / Sq or open maps with t50-2s and many arties that can 1 shot you?

-Is it a good idea to offer additional and more valuable rewards in ranked battles e.g 5k gold or a CDC?

-Does anyone else think that current M.M and well the current state of the game in general is less challenging than it was in 2011-2012 where +/- 4 mm was a reality?

-What part of the game is worse? The MM, p2w premiums, corridor meta with superheavy buff, powercreep, lack of end game content

-Do you think nerfing mountaingoating was a good idea?

P.S) Thanks

HeidenSieker #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles
I quite like the game, actually.

AlbertL612 #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9104 battles
  • [ARM] ARM

View PostHeidenSieker, on 15 January 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

I quite like the game, actually.

Obviously, when you suck at it its enjoyable when you dont expect yourself to play at a certain level

Joggaman #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
How do you play T50-2?

call_me_ShockZz #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16920 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN

YES PLEASE oh my god I really want that +4 MM back

just imagine Type 5s vs anything on tier 6:popcorn:

Jigabachi #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDammonar, on 15 January 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

Hell no. I already watch my teammates play if I die early, that's more than enough.

Block Quote

-Would you like to buy any premium or special vehicle with bonds? Is it a good idea? 

I don't want to buy anything and I rarely earn bonds anyway. But if I could get a fun to play premtank for 3 bonds, I'd take it.

Block Quote

-Which is worse corridor maps with type 5s / Sq or open maps with t50-2s and many arties that can 1 shot you?

Never played the T-50-2 but it's definitely the corridor maps.

Block Quote

-Is it a good idea to offer additional and more valuable rewards in ranked battles e.g 5k gold or a CDC?

Never played ranked battles, but there are way better rewards they could add, e.g. if they'd keep working on tank and garage customization.   

Block Quote

-Does anyone else think that current M.M and well the current state of the game in general is less challenging than it was in 2011-2012 where +/- 4 mm was a reality?

Now we have many other things that make the game a mess, so that's hard to tell. Many of us managed to "grow up" in the old meta without problems, so I really can't give an elaborate answer.

Block Quote

-What part of the game is worse? The MM, p2w premiums, corridor meta with superheavy buff, powercreep, lack of end game content

Not sure what "endgame content" is supposed to mean, but the other stuff you listed is a problem, with the maps being the worst of it.

Block Quote

Yes. But we need a fix, not just a nerf. And after that, we need a complete map redesign.

Aikl #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26079 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I don't really see any reason, though it's probably not a bad idea for learning how maps play out. Generally I prefer not watching WoT-related stuff anyway; the game's more than enough. If it's easily implemented I guess it's not a terrible idea. Would be nice for coaching people a bit without having to play T5 all the dang time.

Depends what kind of vehicle; wouldn't be ideal to have the Defender only available for bonds, for instance, and with the current bonds income...

Most didn't get to experience that, but those who did probably weren't as tired of the game as they are now. Shouldn't have to be either-or, but the former rather than the latter. Tanks can be nerfed. Maps can, apparently, not be reworked even over the course of one and a half year of disclosed development where they need to literally rewrite every single map.

CDC, haha. Well, why not, though it's kind of pointless when you consider how much time and credits you spend on RBs; time better used for grinding credits or do some chores if you're really down on cash.

Hard to tell, I have a feeling that the really crappy matchups weren't that common, and that many players were far crappier than today. I enjoyed playing T8 quite a bit back in the days, for instance.

Plague, cholera, typhoid fever... gotta pick the MM though. It's really crap. I can put up with overpowered tanks to some degree, corridor meta is not a huge concern and can be fixed by some degree by the MM, powercreep is inevitable and end game content... well, fat chance there's gonna be anything that you can enjoy with likeminded players without any casual players joining in on the fun.

Yes, but it was too [edited]late, the fixes were really half-arsed and they've blocked off parts that weren't really broken. Idea was good, execution lackluster.

Edited by Aikl, 16 January 2018 - 02:19 AM.

fighting_falcon93 #8 Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:34 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32092 battles

Hmm I fail to see a good reason to why I would like to. But if there's good reasons to do it I'd definitely not be against the idea even if I'd not use it myself.

Premium vehicles in the client (T34, IS-6 etc)? Yes.

Premium vehicles not in the client (Tiger 131, Cromwell Berlin etc)? Yes.

Removed tier 10s (FV215b, Foch 155 etc)? Yes.

Out of those two alternatives I'd take the open map with T50-2's and arties.

EDIT: I think I was unclear. I mean that corridor maps are worse.

Yes, definitely, without doubt. Even if it can't be such big rewards, I'm sure that even 500-1000 gold for reaching the highest rank would be much appreciated. Gold is better than a premium tank because it gives the player the possibility to decide for himself, for instance 1 player wants a CDC, another one wants a T34.

I didn't play in 2011-2012 but I can imagine that +/- 4 tiers MM was much more challenging than today. But was it more fun? No, I don'ät think so. In my opinion, the best would be if all battles was same tier only, i.e +/- 0 tiers spread.

I'd say artillery is the worst, and right after that comes corridor maps with gold ammo (they kind of go hand in hand), and after that RNG.

Also WG's style of not letting us choose for ourselves which premium tank we want after a marathon or what gender the reward crew members from personal missions have is a fair bit annoying too.

No. Granted the super difficult climbs and places that offered not only a fire position but also cover was quite OP in some situations, but by removing these locations they also removed a lot of good TD spots, for instance the north hill/mountain on Cliff, or north-east mountain on Sacred Valley. It feels like the maps are already highly limited in the "creative" part of positioning, and when WG added rocks/invisible walls just ruined it all.

P.S) Thanks

No problem :great: I actually wish WG could also ask us more of these kind of questions rather than just doing it their own way :(

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 16 January 2018 - 02:35 AM.

Laiskamato #9 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46496 battles

View PostDammonar, on 16 January 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

No, i rather play that spec the game

No, bonds are for equipment only

Both are equally bad

Of course better prizes are always good

This question even needs an answer?

We need new maps, not HD maps. So i choose lack of content. Its not fun to roam the same maps with new tanks

Absolutely

P.S) Thanks

Edited by Laiskamato, 16 January 2018 - 08:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users