dat alpha accuracy lack of

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

samuelx43a #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22089 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

so, in the combining factors of being my birthday (got a lowe, very happy with that) getting 11xmas boxes with left me on 6k gold and one extra million creds, I decided to grind a couple lines.

one is the 430 line, in event of the changes and the fact that I now have 55K XP especially for the top gun when I unlock the 416.

the other one is the challenger, which I'm currently grinding for the top gun

Now, the way I was able to get the A-44 so fast was going through the KV-13, an allright tank( but I prefer the T-43 tho)

Then I got to this.

This gun, man alive, it is worse than the ISU's gun on a bad day. Scractch that, it is like the ISUs gun on a bad day.

I'm serious, I have doubts engaging things even at 100 metres, I actually missed a tank 10 meters away because I was fleeing away!

of the tier VIIs I've had, this thing has been the most fustrating in terms of gameplay. I'm now labeling this as an exclusive brawler, and if hitting anything beyond 10 meters I'd like the red cross medal for me.

thankfully I have boosters, so I can do this relatevily quickly. Sadly, this will not be a keeper for me

in the spoiler is the tank loadout, crewmembers, and my kewl tenks below

Spoiler

and my statistics of the thing (I know, they are absolutely terrible, I think I found a tank that does not click with me)

Spoiler

and yes, I'm not proud with that obj 140 win rate, it was actually much better, but it somehow went down? (1.9k dpg, rather bad compared to most other mushroom med tank drivers)

Edited by samuelx43a, 16 January 2018 - 04:38 AM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35898 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

I have a simple question for you: why would you bother to grind a rear turreted meds line? 

Or do you plan to get the tier X 430 before the patch? In that case i would recommend you to skip A-44 with free xp.

Or just wait for the patch to come and start from the T-44, it will be much easier.

Cmdr_Psycho #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18531 battles
  • [ACTS] ACTS

How about trying GLD or VStabs and a full crew at least first?

Yes, the acc of the gun is abysmal but show me how many guns on tier 7 have that alpha and pen. It took me a lot of getting used to it but I actually started to like this tank in the end :).

But you can't just play it like regular sov mediums.

Dr_ownape #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 43443 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
rear turreted meds was the worst idea ever. I gave up on the a44 midway through as it was that bad. the slightest ground undulations and your gun goes haywire. just awful

Victorian_Dad #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36376 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
416 is the best tier VIII med by miles, you just need to learn to use it properly and not just treat it like a normal, mid-turreted med. A44 gun is frustrating though no matter how much care you take.

ScottishJunky #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3997 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M
I'm at the OBJ 416 right now and that's a pretty good tank, almost got the T-54

250swb #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Give it some crew skills and decent equipment and the A-44 will shine, treat it like a potato and it will treat you like one. Great frontal armour and very high alpha gun but not always reliable at sniping, so what does that suggest you do with it? Yes of course, medium range fist fights. Improve the crew with snap shot on the gunner and yes it can snap shot, but like all (nearly all?) high alpha guns it can miss from ten feet away. Fully aim and take an extra breath before firing and it can also do an imitation of sniping but your mobility can get you closer to the target quickly.

If you can't get the hang of the A-44 there isn't much on offer further up the tree, you either adapt to playing rear turreted mediums now or forget it. And while I say 'mediums' you could just as easily equip them as crossover TD's and use them that way, especially the Obj. 416 with its amazing stealth camo. 

Uebergewicht #8 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles

It´s not a great gun, yes. It packs a lot of punch, which is nice, but hitting anything from somewhere beyond point blank takes a very long time to aim in. You need to get yourself into situations where you can either aim for that long (you´re uspotted, enemy is distracted or reloading) or you need to go for close quarters hit and run. Technically the A-44 should have some armor to bounce shots, sidescrape and brawl in general, but I found the armor rellay unreliable - and frontal hits tend to knock out your engine rather frequently, often tracks as well leaving you stranded and vulnerable. If you keep using the big gun, racking up damage with rather few hits will be your key - get a single big hit in wherever you can but dont stick around too long once an enemy is aware of you, as you´re not that great in prolonged firefights. Unless you face a soft same or lower tier enemy, you can usually trade those to death rather well. If the big gun doesnt work for you, feel free to use the low alpha higher dpm one and see if that works better.

Regarding the gun depression, you better get used to that, that´s gonna be a staple for your next 400k XP to grind. Know which areas should be avoided and try to work with slopes that bump up your rear or lean you to the side whenenver shooting downwards is required, but make sure you can pull back easily and dont spend ages fiddling around to get a single shot off.

Obsessive_Compulsive #9 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

General

• Player
  • 25942 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK
A-44 is the price you pay for the ninja-warrior 416! suck it up/free xp it and train that crew a bit for the glory that is bushwenk.

Archaean #10 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15179 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostVictorian_Dad, on 16 January 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

416 is the best tier VIII med by miles, you just need to learn to use it properly and not just treat it like a normal, mid-turreted med. A44 gun is frustrating though no matter how much care you take.

Yea, I can't agree at all with that statement. Currently the obj 416 is absolute garbage. It doesn't fit the current meta and if you don't have at least 50% gold rounds with you, you will have some issues here and there. Thanks to the back turreted design, it doesn't have gun depression at all. Sidescraping doesn't work anymore either, because of the implemented overmatch system. And disregarding the overmatch (because this only affects high caliber gan in this case) the turret armor is only 140 mm top. That's utter garbage. You can't brawl properly with this tank and trading is no option either, because you only have 320 alpha.

All in all, the play style is so very different from normal mid turreted tanks. I absolutely despise it.

forrest_dumb #11 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19316 battles
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC

I´ve made my derpy mediums work by ditching the rammer for vents. Hitting your shots is way more important than reloading this high alpha shell a little bit faster.

T-34-1 and A-44 are working for me with:

- Brothers in Arms

- Vents

- GLD

- Smooth Ride

- Snapshot

With this combination these tanks tend to start hitting stuff way more often. The third equipmentslot is up to you. For maxing the firepower you can run the rammer. I prefer optics for more flexibility and viewrange is such a strong tool in the mid-/lowtiers.

Also the A-44 weighs 40 tons, going 60 kph and have a 150mm strip of armor at the "touching ledge". This tank can ram things for a crazy amount of hitpoints and is tier for tier a compareable rammer to the E-50.

Its fun like hell do go fullspeed for another medium, blap him for 300 at the last few meters and finish him with a ram. :justwait:

Edited by forrest_dumb, 16 January 2018 - 09:49 AM.

Agent_327 #12 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16911 battles
  • [CAF] CAF
I loved the A-44. It has great frontal armor so you can ram the hell out of you opponents it is a awesome brawler tank at tier 7. When i got into the obj 416 i tried to replicate that tactic, but that's not a viable with that paper-stealth-sniper. The Obj 430 II driving style more like the A-44 so I also love that one. Though you need to load gold a little too much in the obj 430 II in my opinion. But I got through both the A-44 and the Obj 416 without using much gold.

Edited by Agent_327, 16 January 2018 - 09:57 AM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #13 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

General

• Player
  • 25942 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View PostArchaean, on 16 January 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yea, I can't agree at all with that statement. Currently the obj 416 is absolute garbage. It doesn't fit the current meta and if you don't have at least 50% gold rounds with you, you will have some issues here and there. Thanks to the back turreted design, it doesn't have gun depression at all. Sidescraping doesn't work anymore either, because of the implemented overmatch system. And disregarding the overmatch (because this only affects high caliber gan in this case) the turret armor is only 140 mm top. That's utter garbage. You can't brawl properly with this tank and trading is no option either, because you only have 320 alpha.

All in all, the play style is so very different from normal mid turreted tanks. I absolutely despise it.

why would you brawl or trade with it... play it like a TD or a scout and only become a medium when its clean up time or needs must. the whole point of it is the ability to spot and shoot same tier heavies without being spotted back. that and arguably the best passive spotter in the game (non-scout)

TsundereWaffle #14 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27187 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
A-44 is just, yes please <3

Soifon99 #15 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35645 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View PostVictorian_Dad, on 16 January 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

No it's not,  the 416 is a very situational tank..  it's more a TD with super bad depression and high dpm...  so it's the best camp in a bush sniper yes..  but no the best overall med at tier 8.

forrest_dumb #16 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19316 battles
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC

View PostSoifon99, on 16 January 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

No it's not,  the 416 is a very situational tank..  it's more a TD with super bad depression and high dpm...  so it's the best camp in a bush sniper yes..  but no the best overall med at tier 8.

/signed by an Object 416 Lover

adameitas #17 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63219 battles

View PostDr_ownape, on 16 January 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

rear turreted meds was the worst idea ever. I gave up on the a44 midway through as it was that bad. the slightest ground undulations and your gun goes haywire. just awful

well what is one of the biggest problems about adding new tanks now? "copy paste", "copy paste" and "copy paste". They are becoming too similar. Thats why i salute every unique tank. problem about this line is (and now i guess we can say was) bad balance. T-34 and a-43 are quite similar mobile tanks with low alpha but great rof. And when you get a-44 you suddenly realise that you got taran time heavium not everybody can handle. And again if you get used to it you get 416 and you expect more or less same tank just better (they even look quite similar) but again you get pure support medium with quite unique gameplay.. so again shock that not everyone can overtake. And if you master 416 you get 430-2 that is again taran time heavium...  And on top that you get t10 that is just worse copy of 761/140/907.. it is total mess thats why this line isnt popular bc to reach tank that fits your gameplay you must grind one or several tanks with gameplay you hate..

forrest_dumb #18 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19316 battles
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC

View Postadameitas, on 16 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

And on top that you get t10 that is just worse copy of 761/140/907.. it is total mess thats why this line isnt popular bc to reach tank that fits your gameplay you must grind one or several tanks with gameplay you hate..

Dont be harsh do my beloved 430.

It have autobounceshoulders which can be angled on the autoaim-spot and massive DPM which makes it a supertrollish "in your face brawler".

With the removal of the 430, there is no other Tier 10 Medium with trollish hull and massive DPM left beside the 907, which means I will simply loose this whole playstyle from my garage.

adameitas #19 Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63219 battles

View Postforrest_dumb, on 16 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Dont be harsh do my beloved 430.

It have autobounceshoulders which can be angled on the autoaim-spot and massive DPM which makes it a supertrollish "in your face brawler".

With the removal of the 430, there is no other Tier 10 Medium with trollish hull and massive DPM left beside the 907, which means I will simply loose this whole playstyle from my garage.

i

dont get me wrong 430 is one of my favourite t10 tanks if not the most. Also it is one of the best looking tanks too:) But other 3 are just better:) Armor not working at t10. Around 0.3 reload time bonus is small compare how much better gun handling other 3 have.. 

SuedKAT #20 Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The A-44 is one tank I regret I didn't use free XP to get past, hated every minute I played it, heck I had more "fun" in the T-34-2. Looking at your equipment load-out though I see torsion bars, so I guess that you skipped the tracks for now? It will get better when you have stuff like E-GLD and Vents on it, don't think it can use Vert Stab else I'd use that rather than E-GLD since it's better in every way. Optics might be an option since you get the view range up to almost 416 meters that way, which is decent for a tier 7 tank and not that much worse than the best MT's at the tier (about 20 meters or so), but it depends a bit on your play style I'd say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users