• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

mosha #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11514 battles
  • [JBG] JBG

Hey fellas 

i have a question did anyone experience some delay in their sixth sense timer, i know its set to 3sec after you are being spotted, but i it feels to me more like 5... now i know that people can preaim at some popular places but some clutch shots are so fast that bulb go up after i already took the shot in the face... especially when poking ridges as medium... and no i try not to be so dumb to poke same place multiple times after already being spotted :D

HM_Kaiser #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26505 battles
I've not experienced this delay. But the best sixth sense is yourself, often when light goes on it's too late ;-)

Balc0ra #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Recent changes in spotting delay might make it seem like so. As before it was still 3 seconds, just like now. But the delay on the initial spotting is faster now at med to long range. After that change, most seems to think it is 5 seconds, as that's what it feels like. As they think the lack of delay adds on the timer, it really don't. But since that change, reaction timers on enemy fire goes up to in a way more so then the timer being late.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31366 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
Nah, we have all felt like that at times. Often by surprise someone will be pointing your way and 3 secs aint enough.
I don't think its exact 3 secs as that is on the server, so same as lag its approx 3 secs and can be a bugger if someone was aiming your way.
Also like Balc0ra says it does seem more ponderous after they made those spotting changes.

Edited by DumbNumpty, 16 January 2018 - 03:42 PM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35898 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

You may be onto something.

I had the feeling a few times in the past weeks that my sixth sense is not working, or it activates very late.

I was like 'hmmm, my commander is dead? no...maybe i was perma spotted? small chances...'

And i ended up blaming it on lags, even if i have a good and stable connection.

SuedKAT #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Can't say that I've timed it, but I haven't experienced anything that have made me think it's not 3 seconds anymore either. Sure since they did this:

https://worldoftanks...s/916-spotting/

I've noticed a difference and sure it grants my enemies "more" time to aim at me, but that's why I use my sixth sense as a radar more than anything else, the benefits with that change is a lot more than the negative sides I'd say. 

cragarion #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44074 battles

View Postmosha, on 16 January 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Hey fellas 

i have a question did anyone experience some delay in their sixth sense timer, i know its set to 3sec after you are being spotted, but i it feels to me more like 5... now i know that people can preaim at some popular places but some clutch shots are so fast that bulb go up after i already took the shot in the face... especially when poking ridges as medium... and no i try not to be so dumb to poke same place multiple times after already being spotted :D

Mine took 6 seconds to go off yesterday but only once, was probably lag but had none of the other signs of lag.

Jumping_Turtle #8 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61568 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Use the Directive. It only 2 seconds when using that.

gav00 #9 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7996 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 16 January 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Can't say that I've timed it, but I haven't experienced anything that have made me think it's not 3 seconds anymore either. Sure since they did this:

https://worldoftanks...s/916-spotting/

I've noticed a difference and sure it grants my enemies "more" time to aim at me, but that's why I use my sixth sense as a radar more than anything else, the benefits with that change is a lot more than the negative sides I'd say. 

If anything, the decreased time between ticks like that should have the opposite effect

VsUK #10 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
Sixth sense is either broken or its not always 3 seconds. There's a mod that counts backwards & logs hits received from when sixth sense is triggered. If its 3 seconds. People lock on & hit you inside a second. Stupid!

ArgentHellion #11 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8429 battles

The 6th sense isn't something that should actively be relied on to begin

with, especially on the move. The moment you spot an enemy on your

own and you're not in a fully-worked out tank that isn't a light tank, you

might as well consider yourself being immediately spotted as well.

Someone who posted above said that by the time that light-bulb triggers

it's already too late, and that fact is ESPECIALLY true if you're standing still. 

How does one actually get to time the speed the 6th sense triggers at is

a mystery to me, since not all the tanks have the same viewrange and most

obvious spottings take place at extreme distances, so there is no way to tell at

which exact moment you've been spotted yourself. It's especially difficult to

figure this out in close quarters, since it's next to impossible to tell when

exactly you're spotted and by whom.

In the end, consider the 6th sense for what it actually is, a warning sign that

you've been lit and that you need to do something about it.

PS EDIT: Also, there is a bit of an issue I had to put up with a couple of times,

and that includes the 6th sense not working at all. The first time it happened to

me it occurred after a major update, I wrote a ticket and I was told to re-install

the client, which resolved the issue two more times under same circumstances.

Edited by ArgentHellion, 16 January 2018 - 05:22 PM.

VsUK #12 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
Shouldn't be needing to reinstall anything due to dodgy updates WG impose on us without fully testing. 

ArgentHellion #13 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8429 battles

View PostVsUK, on 16 January 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

Shouldn't be needing to reinstall anything due to dodgy updates WG impose on us without fully testing. 

Some people are lucky, others simply aren't, this issue occurred to me three times in total,

the cause was the same and the solution was too. I'm just putting it out there if somebody

comes across the same problem.

PS EDIT: Just to point out, I play the game with no mods whatsoever, although I am

thinking about adding XVM.

Edited by ArgentHellion, 16 January 2018 - 06:12 PM.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostVsUK, on 16 January 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Sixth sense is either broken or its not always 3 seconds. There's a mod that counts backwards & logs hits received from when sixth sense is triggered. If its 3 seconds. People lock on & hit you inside a second. Stupid!

If you keep peeking out the same area constantly each time after you get spotted. And being predictable. Or it's early game and there is always one TD in that bush when their scout lights it up. So there are always some pre aimed and waiting for it. Or you moved around when you were spotted, and they know you will peek out around that corner or ridge next for sure. Then yes.... it will take less then a second for most to react.

Edited by Balc0ra, 16 January 2018 - 06:27 PM.

SuedKAT #15 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgav00, on 16 January 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

If anything, the decreased time between ticks like that should have the opposite effect

How so? When you for example cross between cover to cover or pop your head over a ridge line you appear quicker on your enemies screen after 9.16, so they get more time to aim at you.

gav00 #16 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7996 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 16 January 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

How so? When you for example cross between cover to cover or pop your head over a ridge line you appear quicker on your enemies screen after 9.16, so they get more time to aim at you.

Because now all the spotting calculations are done quicker, i would expect 6th sense to be able to respond in a more timely manner.

Evidence does suggest otherwise though.

jabster #17 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postgav00, on 16 January 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Because now all the spotting calculations are done quicker, i would expect 6th sense to be able to respond in a more timely manner.

It does but you still have more opportunity to hit an enemy before they get into cover. The fact that all now tanks are ‘rendered’ at start-up only increases it.

SuedKAT #18 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgav00, on 16 January 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Well sixth sense haven't changed, it still notify you 3 seconds after you've been spotted, before you could cross more open ground before you got registered as spotted, now that distance have been decreased. So when you leave cover to travel to the next piece of cover you almost instantly get spotted now, before you at times could almost have reached your destination before anything happened, thus your enemies have more time to aim at you. 

Bordhaw #19 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11553 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 16 January 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

You may be onto something.

I had the feeling a few times in the past weeks that my sixth sense is not working, or it activates very late.

I was like 'hmmm, my commander is dead? no...maybe i was perma spotted? small chances...'

And i ended up blaming it on lags, even if i have a good and stable connection.

After being killed and switching to other players views I have seen this - a delay in their 6th sense. Like they have driven around a corner and can literally see the enemy tank then a few seconds later the 6th sense goes off...lol... a little late lol

TEMELJNI #20 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23296 battles
  • [L_T_D] L_T_D
Its the "zone", nothing more. Sometimes when you are giving it all you got, time slows down for you (just a perception ofc). Thats when the second seems like its sooooo long and your reload is days, and repair is in years and everything is longer than you are used to. So, "larger" delay to sixth sense is nothing strange. Albeit i have noticed some strange glitches in netcode where i have very constant fps, very constant ping but the delay in commands is evident and delay between shot and enemy death/hit/whatever is comedycentral like. 

So no, its not you imagining id say. Is combination of epic programming and your survival instincts kicking in giving you "neo perception".

Edited by TEMELJNI, 16 January 2018 - 09:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users